Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria (11434 Views)

Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years / One Shot Dead During The Ongoing "Biafra Million Man March’ Protest / One Million March Protest For Light In Nigeria ' Let There Be Light In 9ja' ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by kosovo(m): 7:57am On Jul 29, 2009
what a waste!
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:31am On Jul 29, 2009
While I wholly support the idea, I cannot understand for the life of me why some people are just sitting in front of their computers condemning the move. Nothing is guaranteed in this life. even going to Aso rock with a suicide vest guarantees nothing so why will you not let them at least try?!!! A proverb I once heard: "The worst kind of adviser is the one who shows you your problems but offers no advice on the solution whatsoever". Please poster, do not be discouraged, even though I might not be there, I have forwarded it to everyone I know as I seriously applaud the motion.

To those of you asking why they do not tackle the problem at the root, it is from following the smell, that you will find the dead rat. One thing will lead to another, but the truth is that you must start from somewhere. Be it NEPA, one embezzled contract or election malpractice, we will surely move from issue to issue till all is settled.

P.S. Can the moderator please change what the topic shows up on at the home page ('Hilarious solution to the PHCN problem'). I think it amounts to gross disrespect for the initiator's ideas and serves to bias those who do not know anything about the topic. This is a forum and while you are entitled to your own opinion, you have no right to force it down another's throat. That my friend is called tyranny, and is exactly what this march is designed work against,
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by nex(m): 9:31am On Jul 29, 2009
HILARIOUS SOLUTION TO THE PHCN PROBLEM?

I have been on WAP for a while, so I've not been able to view the homepage in HTML. But honestly, if really that is what Seun has branded this topic, then I'm really awed at the length people would go to celebrate our cowardice and appreciate our state of slavery.

There have been many silly topics on Nairaland that have been redecorated by Seun and made to seem relevant.

Or are the moderators trying to tell me that anytime Nigerians come together to discuss relevant issues without tribal or religious sentiments, it then becomes HILARIOUS?

What is even happening? Is it not the Seun Osewa I knew pre-Nairaland? Humble, intelligent, considerate and progressive? Just to manage half a million internet accounts and he's changed to something else?

If Nairaland crashed tomorrow, nobody will die, nobody will fall ill. What if he was given an opportunity to oversee the real lives of human beings?

Anyway, it is advised that Seun changes the "alias" he has unilaterally assigned this thread.

If you had an opportunity to see the kind of people in Nigeria that have thrown vicis weight behind this thing, no one here will find LIGHT UP NIGERIA HILARIOUS.

@kosovo

even Yar'Adua has said that Nigeria does not recognise kosovo, I can see why.
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by otukpo(f): 9:53am On Jul 29, 2009
Kudos to all those that think and have contributely positively to this topic. We just have to be optimistic to achieve something, try not to discourage others from acting even if u dont buy the idea.
i am in for the march, Live.
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by Nezan(m): 9:58am On Jul 29, 2009
Can there ever be light in Nigeria?
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:49am On Jul 29, 2009
first time i've seen someone on nairaland use his head. everyone else uses his/her faith and his/her genitals to think. but i say 1 million is not enough. what is suppose to happen is that every state should mobilise 1 million and gather on the streets of abj and remain on the streets until there is significant improvement. other countrys have done it with good results(but obviously it wasn't for electricity), so i see no reason why we can't. but of course there's one thing i forgot. we are chicken.
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by upuphim(m): 10:54am On Jul 29, 2009
@nex(m)

My response is for this feeling:

I stand here firmly. This already failed before starting.

It appears you guys have been watching too many CNN and do not understand how Nigeria works.

Nigeria is an HIJACKED country. You dont stop/remove hijackers by street protest.

You hit them where it hurts exactly what MEND is doing.

Israel is land of Jesus. They did not pray to GOD to help them, they develop chemical weapons to wipe out anyone that disturb them.

Roman was great because it wiped-out its enermy! The moment it stopped, it falled.

Thats how it works.
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by remoranger(m): 11:09am On Jul 29, 2009
The night is darkest before the dawn
Its going to get better, really!!!

@seun,
I am utterly dissapointed

@cynics
go visit http://www.saharareporters.com
You will be in good company of WHINERS!!!!

@poster
I will help in any way i can. I have already started spreading it via facebook, twitter, myspace and hi5.

Long Live Naija
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by larez(m): 11:29am On Jul 29, 2009
Let's begin the logistics. Who will make the Suya sandwiches, and who will bring the vans full of iced purewater? profits cannot exceed 10%, it shouldn't be a money making venture but assistance in Logistics to make it bearable. No other products but approved T-shirts for the march at the 10% profit  will be allowed. Pricing should be posted. It's all about logistics yo!!! Traffic control coordinators will be needed with reflective vests too. We will need Fashola to provide us with security personnel and MedVac Helicopters, hmm, Maybe a couple of ambulances with medical personnel will do though. A site for off-street parking next to that New hotel must be arranged as well. Parking shall not exceed N200.00/car with security to watch over the cars too. This has to be properly organized to show Nigerians how to protest. Alternative routes need to be identified and cleared of obstruction with traffic control wardens on the ground. Radio and TV stations should be involved to warn people of the expected traffic and how to avoid the area. This will thus allow the protesters the area as the designated spot to galvanize at.
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by emiemi(f): 11:47am On Jul 29, 2009
This is a cause I support. But like many wise posters have put up, there has to be a good agenda,
logistics, and before-and-after plans to make the march a proactive one indeed. I see this as a kick-
off of many more to come. Unfortunately I'm not in Lagos but I will tell friends about it. It's high time
friends.

To the New Nigeria starting now.
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by nex(m): 12:13pm On Jul 29, 2009
Bless you all. I'm not one of the organizers of this march, but I have dedicated myself to do everything possible to make it very successful.

I know we're saying 1 million man march everyday, but right now, the support I'm seeing is truly amazing. I just gradually noticed all my Facebook friends changing their profile pics to the Light Up Nigeria Logo and several others using their status updates to bring attention to it before I realized it was all about this group which I'd initially just casually joined because of the respect I had for the person who invited me.

By October 1, I'm expecting to see more than 3 million people.

Regarding logistics and planning, I've already made my own suggestions which are not in conflict with what everyone else is saying.

@upuphim

the French Revolution didn't start as a "let's kill king Louis" project. It was an organized rally to show lack of support for the Monarchy. However, the way the protest was handled, led to the events that followed in 1797.
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by PROJECT: 12:42pm On Jul 29, 2009
i have looked at most of the comments on this site for some months now and have realized some of the people here are just as worse as the leaders, people are planning a match and u are writing it off without coming together to see how an impact could be made,then i ask a questio to those who think this match will fail ,what have u done to change the situation ,condemn other,is that it, then i suggest u all should stop complaining or u start getting things done, am not in nigeria but soon the network i belong to will make sure that anywhere the government goes to in any part of europe they will be face by nigerians who will disgrace them, we are watching those at home, for the organisers of this match ur name shall be written in the sands of time,God does not need a multitude, just start and others will follow
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by larez(m): 12:51pm On Jul 29, 2009
One of the strategies of this march should include the awareness that people should stop paying PHCN bills unless they have the new pay as you go meters. None of the existing meters work, which I am sure is on purpose, and they have replaced their billings with "Estimated Usage". This is racketeering at the least. The pay as you go meters were touted as the answer to the issue, but PHCN refused to provide any more of them when they saw the reality of people paying for what they get.

It is surprising that people who barely get 4 hours of electricity for a whole month still continue to pay the fake bills sent to them. With this March should come awareness as well. In developed countries, the mere attempt to collect charges on services never provided will land the directors of the company in jail. We are currently seeing how mind programming is causing the deaths of the followers of Bako Haram. NEPA/PHCN has over the years programmed Nigerians into slavishly paying for services never provided. We should urge every customer to quit paying their NEPA/PHCN bills if they do not have the new pay-as-you-go meters. This is clear fraud, and consumers should be compensated for the perpetration of this fraud.

It is time we also challenged them in the court system. Customers should stop paying until they begin to receive service. Failure of PHCN to provide calibrated and working meters should be sanctioned against them. People should only pay for what they use, and PHCN should defray from defrauding Nigerians and running a racketeering organization. I am willing to make a speech about this issue at the rally. When it start to hurt their income and salaries cannot be paid to their useless workers, then they may become as concerned as their customers. The fact still remains that we do not get power, so we can feed the Oil cabal and generator cabal, who are determined not to allow this to work.
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by remoranger(m): 12:54pm On Jul 29, 2009
@project.
well said
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by larez(m): 12:57pm On Jul 29, 2009
One of the strategies of this march should include the awareness that people should stop paying PHCN bills unless they have the new pay as you go meters. None of the existing meters work, which I am sure is on purpose, and they have replaced their billings with "Estimated Usage". This is racketeering at the least. The pay as you go meters were touted as the answer to the issue, but PHCN refused to provide any more of them when they saw the reality of people paying for what they get.

It is surprising that people who barely get 4 hours of electricity for a whole month still continue to pay the fake bills sent to them. With this March should come awareness as well. In developed countries, the mere attempt to collect charges on services never provided will land the directors of the company in jail. We are currently seeing how mind programming is causing the deaths of the followers of Bako Haram. NEPA/PHCN has over the years programmed Nigerians into slavishly paying for services never provided. We should urge every customer to quit paying their NEPA/PHCN bills if they do not have the new pay-as-you-go meters. This is clear fraud, and consumers should be compensated for the perpetration of this fraud.

It is time we also challenged them in the court system. Customers should stop paying until they begin to receive service. Failure of PHCN to provide calibrated and working meters should be sanctioned against them. People should only pay for what they use, and PHCN should refrain from defrauding Nigerians and running a racketeering organization. I am willing to make a speech about this issue at the rally. When it start to hurt their income and salaries cannot be paid to their useless workers, then they may become as concerned as their customers. The fact still remains that we do not get power, so we can feed the Oil cabal and generator cabal, who are determined not to allow this to work.
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by Bolarge(m): 1:08pm On Jul 29, 2009
Worthwhile cause.
Count me in.
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by larez(m): 1:51pm On Jul 29, 2009
Twice I have posted a response to this article just to see it disappear. Please look at this link that leads to the lists of posts that I recently made. Is Seun now part of the Cabal and has been instructed to censore? why did my posts disappear? Here is the link, please read everyone. https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=profile;u=200079;sa=showPosts
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jul 29, 2009
larez:

Twice I have posted a response to this article just to see it disappear. Please look at this link that leads to the lists of posts that I recently made. Is Seun now part of the Cabal and has been instructed to censore? why did my posts disappear? Here is the link, please read everyone. https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=profile;u=200079;sa=showPosts

RICHYBLACK IS ALWAYS LIKE THAT. ANY THREAD THAT HE'S THE MODERATOR ENDS UP LIKE THAT. MY ADVICE IS WHEN YOU SEE HIS NAME AT THE TOP, AVOID THAT THREAD. I'LL BET YOU THIS WILL BE REMOVED ALSO.
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by sunnyprof: 4:22pm On Jul 29, 2009
That guy who was talking for Niger Delta must be daft of history. During June 12 riot, while Lagos was burning, east was shaking, the reaction in the not was rattling; Rivers and Bayelsa State were very peaceful, they pledged loyalty to Abacha!!!

The earlier NLC/ASUU enlongated strike before then was not supported by these two states. The Rivers NLC then refused to join the strike!!! They were loyal to Babangida!!!! Who then actually sold us out to injustice and deprivation? to the cabal that would not let us enjoy our wealth? The NIger Delta Leaderships caused all the problem. That guy should go home and think

The South South had always been sycophants in Nigerian politics, they only follow the ruling central party, they have never been in the opposition but now they want to claim they have been wronged by govts which they have so much benefited from. They ate their cake and still want it live!!

Niger Delta is the greatest fraud I had ever seen.
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by nex(m): 5:08pm On Jul 29, 2009
Finally, the tribalists have arrived!

Alpha1 to Bravo, I repeat: The tribalists have arrived!!
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by remoranger(m): 5:22pm On Jul 29, 2009
CHARLIE ALPHA. tribalist invasion confirmed
secure the perimiter
OVER
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by couple: 5:45pm On Jul 29, 2009
Nigeria!
No wonder my 80+old grandma said the other day:
'im now very old and frail and will be leaving soon but its a a shame and pity i'll be leaving you guys behind in nigeria exactly the way i met the country in darkness.
Its really a shame.
What a laudable project.pls how do we get this extended to abuja cos thats where i am amd ofcourse d seat of power.would be nice to take the protest down to the parade ground on that day.
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by drharry: 6:47pm On Jul 29, 2009
Hmmm, 1million march, this is familiar. I think the only way You can gather 1million "hungry Nigerians" is to Pay them and they will do anything you want. grin grin
I vote instead for a change of name from "Power Holding" to Power Releasing" cheesy cheesy
Nigerians are really funny sometimes.
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by alias64: 7:59pm On Jul 29, 2009
Nex

Bless you all. I'm not one of the organizers of this march, but I have dedicated myself to do everything possible to make it very successful.

I know we're saying 1 million man march everyday, but right now, the support I'm seeing is truly amazing. I just gradually noticed all my Facebook friends changing their profile pics to the Light Up Nigeria Logo and several others using their status updates to bring attention to it before I realized it was all about this group which I'd initially just casually joined because of the respect I had for the person who invited me.

By October 1, I'm expecting to see more than 3 million people.

Regarding logistics and planning, I've already made my own suggestions which are not in conflict with what everyone else is saying.

@upuphim

the French Revolution didn't start as a "let's kill king Louis" project. It was an organized rally to show lack of support for the Monarchy. However, the way the protest was handled, led to the events that followed in 1797.

Good luck
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by nex(m): 8:07pm On Jul 29, 2009
@alias64

Thank you my dear brother.
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by cyprianjr(m): 8:30am On Jul 30, 2009
Well if the dedication of some couple of hours for this nation to enjoy steady power supply will be my own contribution in this whole Nigerian darkness issue thing, then am in.

As long as its PEACEFUL,PEACEFUL,PEACEFUL !!!!!!

I know it might not be as easy as it sounds but "I KNOW WE CAN"

Get the international media's attention.
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by galatico(m): 9:28am On Jul 30, 2009
NEPA, PHCN or whatever there name is are fraudsters, Defination of Fraud? Fraud is an intentional deception made for personal gain or to damage another individual. So NEPA or PHCN are defrauding Nigerians paying services not rendered his fraudulent, I quite agree with the first post, I think Nigerians shoul protest for no availability of light,
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by olasboy: 9:42am On Jul 30, 2009
Some Nigerians really need to walk out, and shed the weight that is beclouding our reasoning. If its not strike, then its 1m man match - waste of man hours.

Does Yar'Dull tells you that he does not know that NEPA isn't working - The guy recently approved N2b for generator to power Aso rock - No match against that abi?

What is he doing about N'Delta.

Nonsence Protest.

If you need what to protest about pls call me. NEPA is the least of your problems.

I have spoken!
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by nex(m): 9:57am On Jul 30, 2009
People that cannot spell correctly or use proper grammar in expressing their thoughts should desist from contributing to intellectual discussions on strategic issues please.

You can go to the home video section or games section where your kind of reasoning MAY be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by AyoRandy: 10:24am On Jul 30, 2009
Olasboy,

Please tell us the way forward. Maybe you have a better idea.
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by nex(m): 10:34am On Jul 30, 2009
In fact, let him start a new thread with his own idea so we can go there and discuss it. Let's not get to different projects mixed up.

@Olasboy,

we call on you to proffer your own solutions. But please just post this your wonderful idea on new thread.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Liberian President Suspends Son From Office / Jonathan Pays N1billion In ‘Severance’ To Yar'adua Family - SaharaReporters / Court Stops Police From Harassing Saraki Over Alleged Bank Loan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.