Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,978 members, 7,817,885 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria (11428 Views)

Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years / One Shot Dead During The Ongoing "Biafra Million Man March’ Protest / One Million March Protest For Light In Nigeria ' Let There Be Light In 9ja' ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by upuphim(m): 10:53am On Jul 30, 2009
Some Nigerians really need to walk out, and shed the weight that is beclouding our reasoning. If its not strike, then its 1m man match - waste of man hours.

Does Yar'Dull tells you that he does not know that NEPA isn't working - The guy recently approved N2b for generator to power Aso rock - No match against that abi?

What is he doing about N'Delta.

Nonsence Protest.

If you need what to protest about pls call me. NEPA is the least of your problems.

I have spoken

@olasboy
I support nex, post your idea and also let us know what is more important than electricity in Nigeria.
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by olasboy: 12:10pm On Jul 30, 2009
Nex pls no vex! I know you're putting everything to ensure the match is a success! But Think beyond the match.

Electricity is VERY important but who will give that to you? If you're counting on YAR"DULL - pls re-think.

The world already know that there's no light in Nigeria! Matching may remind them anyway.

I like not to bring up any issue again. I just want you to know that NEPA/PHCN isn't the problem. Visit the NEPA offices - they dont have light.

The gas pipelines that should power the 6000mw of power that Yar'Dull is promising you by Dec '09 have been blown up by militants.

He promised declaring state of emergency since he assumed power exactly 26 months ago.

Your country is running the most expensive govt in the world - quote me anywhere - ma

This Yar'dull is your No. 1 problem. Good luck in ur match!

Make I run commot for here!
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by FredBardy0(m): 2:14pm On Jul 30, 2009
You are the beginning of the change we seek. People arise and speak your pain else it continues. The march is a noble cause. It needs to be coordinated nationwide.

Sadly, not every one of us can be in Lagos on that date, but we can contribute to the success of the march by lighting up candles in our various locations.

#LightUpNigeria is an interest of every reasonable Nigerian. In this stroke we should be mindful of spoilers amongst us. We should be weary of hijackers.

I belief video conferences at our various locations will be very effective. There will be no risk of lost lives or damage to properties. The American independence was won by folks who risked the gallows. Today, every American enjoys that liberty.

Be counted as one of those who brought "light" to your people. Stand up, be count and be Free, #LightUpNigeria

We will collect electronic signatures of our folks and take them directly to our representatives in our various constituencies for onward transmission to our various legislative houses, the executives and of course the Media houses… #LightUpNigeria

We need to identify resource persons in the different geographical location to help coordinate the video shoots. I can put up a sample of what I mean in a Q&A video session if my connectivity allows me to upload a video with the high volume of traffic at this time.

Do your own part… and let’s do our own. Nigeria na our own. #LightUpNigeria
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by CGKing(m): 3:10pm On Jul 30, 2009
but what if these 1 million individuals combine there muscles together to manually rotate the turbines at least to provide 24 hrs electricity for that day, wouldnt it be better off than marching with nothing to show for it at the end?

Mennnnnn, u protestants v got to check this. grin grin grin E fit work
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by Ak47storm(f): 3:47pm On Jul 30, 2009
I absolutely agree wit fred, As long as d protest is peaceful.we need 2do tins like dis, stand up 4our right! Dont blame d pple who tink dis wont work, its because suffering has eaten so deep in2 their flesh dat they dont even kno wat their right is anymor,
P.S: pls can we stop by at pple like Otedola's house nd curse dem cos they ar part of d pple sabotagin al efforts dat can make power stable in Nigeria.
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by bibiazim1: 9:39pm On Jul 30, 2009
When is this march supposed to take place and where are we marching from and to? I'll just use the excuse to lose a few pounds.
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by bibiazim1: 10:01pm On Jul 30, 2009
I think we should hold the one million man march in abuja,march into aso villa and drag yaradull out with his babanriga ,lynch him and feed him to the dogs but as we are in a civilised world,we cant do that, i guess we'll have to make do with placards to unleash our frustrations.The march is a great idea though,if we cant join them we can at least embarrass them.
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by samoks247(m): 2:32pm On Jul 31, 2009
What i really think the 1 million people should do is any of these two:
1) Join efforts and uproot (not vandalise) all the PHCN/NEPA transformers and transport it back to their (NEPA/PHCN) offices, and let them know that we no longer need electricity from them. We will all now turn to SOLAR or i-better-pass-my-neighbour generators. You can hardly see any building today in Lagos that does not have a generator.

2) If option 1 above seems too herculean, then we will all disconnect out electricity wires from their (NEPA/PHCN) mains, let them eat their light.

My people, what do you think?
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by nex(m): 7:58pm On Jul 31, 2009
Samoks247

I was just reasoning that at midnight of the 30th September, we should all switch out our lights till the March ends. Just thinking sha. Call your neighbours, family, and friends to switch off their lights on the night of September the 30th. Something symbolic to signify a last call to the cause.
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by larez(m): 8:24pm On Jul 31, 2009
nex:

Samoks247

I was just reasoning that at midnight of the 30th September, we should all switch out our lights till the March ends. Just thinking sha. Call your neighbours, family, and friends to switch off their lights on the night of September the 30th. Something symbolic to signify a last call to the cause.

@Nex

Benin City must still be doing well. If you would like, we in some parts of Surulere Lagos will gladly ignore PHCN for a month. We only get a total of like 4 hours a month anyway. angry Now you know who's making the Fuel importers rich.
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by Ak47storm(f): 9:08am On Aug 01, 2009
D light situation in Benin aint bad, u can actually stay witout a gen,
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by yonybanta(m): 5:10pm On Aug 01, 2009
Lets be sincere with ourselves, this action can only result into bloodshed with nothing to sure for at the end. imaging what is happening in the Niger Delta where the fighting for community interest is no more going on but fighting and kidnapping for personal interest. The Niger Delta militant actions was originally a fight to put an end to incessant oppression and domination by the few rich but it has become another thing entirely simply because some people among the militants are not actually going there for their community interest but for their personal gain.

If you dare this in Nigeria today, those people in power will declare you as a terrorist because some people among you will consider it an opportunity to loot rather than fighting the course you have agreed upon. This same action have been successful in many country because the people there are very sincere with themselves, they make up their mind with a sense of patriotism to fight for their national interest not as in the case with Nigerian where almost everybody is mindful of his selfish interest. in fact some among you will lick the plan to the bigmen (badmen) which will result to your arrest and the people you're targeting will flee the country in a moment .
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by jimga(m): 6:13pm On Aug 01, 2009
7point agenda

Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by strangleyo: 7:32pm On Aug 01, 2009
jimga:

7point agenda

Naija political cartoons are some of the funniest.
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by Segunright: 3:51pm On Aug 04, 2009
Hello,
Dear Nigerian indeed it is good to embark on protest infact, it a means of expressing someone mind.But, have we ever notice that since Nigerian's has been performing protest on vital problems that use to face the Nation at various quarters like primary,secondary or tertiary level,
a cogent solution has not be provided from the people concerns.Thereby,i will rather say that we should let PHCN be without being trouble since our government has closed eyes on electricity issue,so let's leave the sleeping dogs remain on their unwake ground.
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by wakagirl: 6:32pm On Aug 06, 2009
Segunright:

Hello,
Dear Nigerian indeed it is good to embark on protest infact, it a means of expressing someone mind.But, have we ever notice that since Nigerian's has been performing protest on vital problems that use to face the Nation at various quarters like primary,secondary or tertiary level,
a cogent solution has not be provided from the people concerns.Thereby,i will rather say that we should let PHCN be without being trouble since our government has closed eyes on electricity issue,so let's leave the sleeping dogs remain on their unwake ground.

This is unbelievable! i see why there is no hope for this country so sad angry
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 6:33pm On Aug 06, 2009
that is a nice cartoon.
Explained the vision of our dear Mr. Go slow
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by nex(m): 7:28pm On Aug 06, 2009
@larez

I don't know about the rest of Edo state, but in Benin City, most areas get more that 7 hours of electricity a day.

I know how bad the electricity problem is in Lagos. In some areas in Lekki, you should be grateful to see 4 hours of electricity in a week. To think that there was a time before the 1998 that there was light for up to two weeks at a go in this same Lekki.

Back to the protest, it is going to be very peaceful. We would have a way of identifying ourselves so any "odd" individual spotted would either be excused out of the area or put under citizen arrest.
My people, don't fear. "una too dey fear for the thing una nor see". You have been afraid for a hundred years now, what has improved? Have things gotten better? If dear and cowardice have not worked for the entire century we've been trying it, why not experiment with assertiveness and bravery.

@Segunright

I really hope you're joking. Please be joking. I don't want to believe you really thought this thing you typed.
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:02am On Sep 30, 2009
What happened?
Have some people been bribed?
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by Bolarge(m): 8:07am On Sep 30, 2009
What's the latest?
I've finalised plans to be in Lagos for the march.
Pls who's got an update?
Have the necessary clearance been obtained from appropriate authorities and law enforcement agents?
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by spoOne: 8:39am On Sep 30, 2009
^^^
What: Peaceful demonstration against PHCN
Date: Thursday, October 1, 2009
Time:1:00pm - 4:00pm
Street: Mobolaji Bank Anthony Road, Ikeja
City/Town:Lagos, Nigeria
Theme: Light Up Nigeria

Email: napob-nigeria@hotmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=100199663213&ref=mf

You don't need permit to have a peaceful march, the 1999 constitution affords us the right to assemble - just show up at the above location you'll see everyone else there. If possible take public transportation there, parking will be a nightmare.
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by Bolarge(m): 9:14am On Sep 30, 2009
Thanks mate.
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by spoOne: 9:41am On Sep 30, 2009
Bolarge:

Thanks mate.

U'r welcome!
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by ifyalways(f): 1:54pm On Sep 30, 2009
$poOne:

^^^
What: Peaceful demonstration against PHCN
Date: Thursday, October 1, 2009
Time:1:00pm - 4:00pm
Street: Mobolaji Bank Anthony Road, Ikeja
City/Town:Lagos, Nigeria
Theme: Light Up Nigeria

Email: napob-nigeria@hotmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=100199663213&ref=mf

You don't need permit to have a peaceful march, the 1999 constitution affords us the right to assemble - just show up at the above location you'll see everyone else there. If possible take public transportation there, parking will be a nightmare.
for real undecided
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by PROJECT: 7:00pm On Oct 03, 2009
chiyo pls get in tourch wit me so we can talk,send me ur email addy
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 7:22pm On Oct 03, 2009
So, how did the match go? Any updates?
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by emiemi(f): 2:25pm On Oct 22, 2009
Kobojunkie:

So, how did the match go? Any updates?

Would like to know too. Is this match in collaboration with Daystar's Let there be Light?
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:34pm On Oct 22, 2009
emiemi:

Would like to know too. Is this match in collaboration with Daystar's Let there be Light?

No.
The 1M match was compromised when money changed hands and all of a sudden, it became a musical event while that of Daystar seem to be motivated by personal interest. The church spends over 60 million or so on gas every month.
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by POSAKOSA1(m): 2:36pm On Oct 22, 2009
^^^^^^ was there light for the musical event ?
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:39pm On Oct 22, 2009
POSAKOSA1:

^^^^^^ was there light for the musical event  ?

I guess so. . . . just like Adeyemi is trying to light up his Church. tongue
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by POSAKOSA1(m): 2:45pm On Oct 22, 2009
lol.
Re: 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria by POSAKOSA1(m): 2:45pm On Oct 22, 2009
I bet church membership will increase after this experience.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Shehu Sani Donates N300K To Boy Suffering From Eye Disease In Kaduna. Photos / Nigeria To Dredge Calabar Port To Accommodate Large Vessels / PDP Calls On Buhari To Reveal Those Behind The Stealing Of $322m Abacha Loot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.