Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,992 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:09 PM

Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon (51106 Views)

How Much Is Needed To Open A Standard Barbing Salon? / Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? / Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by funshore(m): 12:55pm On Sep 08, 2016
You don't need CCTV,it cannot monitor all the activities there,find a reliable stylist or if you have someone whom trusted you can put the person there as a cashier.
Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by millhouse: 12:57pm On Sep 08, 2016
bighuntenter:
. Good decision to go into a business venture. Why not consider starting a small scale gas business with the same amount of money? Gas business is becoming the in thing now. Give it a try and see what happen to your 240k in the next months.
are you into gas business?
Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Lisaint(m): 1:01pm On Sep 08, 2016
Set up the barbing salon.....
And couple it with a game centre like PS 2 & 3..

Thank me later

1 Like

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Nobody: 1:03pm On Sep 08, 2016
nani212:
Good evening nairalanders, I'm considering setting up a barbing salon in one of the south eastern states. I have 240000 to invest. The main reason I want to set it up is to create another source of income as I currently have a business I'm into. I wont be the one operating the barbing salon but I'll be visiting there to supervise every evening. I'm almost a novice in this field and I'll like people with experience to please advice and give me guidelines on steps to take.

Will 240000 be enough? What will be the right or appropriate salary to pay the barber I will employ? How profitable is the business? How much profit should I expect monthly? Waiting for your suggestions.
bro der is moni der bt I wld advice u not to venture into it if u ain't d one barbin d hair

1 Like

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Nobody: 1:04pm On Sep 08, 2016
tobimillar:
Why the negative comments? Bro, I can assure you that it's a very profitable business if you have the right location. And I mean very very profitable. Just do the right packaging. You can open a mega saloon with that amount. About salaries of the Barber, you may have to make it on commission bases like say 20% + or - of total daily sales.

O.k let's do the maths if you have a big saloon with at least two barbers. And each barb at least 20 persons in a day. With the current rate of #200 to barb, the total daily income from the two barbers will be #8000 so let's say you pay each barber a thousand each daily, you are left with #6000. And let's even say you spend #3000 on daily estimates for rent, fuel, electricity bills, and miscellaneous. You are left with a profit of #3000 daily. Multiply that by 26 working days in a month. And you can expand the saloon with time to make it unisex. Don't listen to people who would want o discourage you.. plan well and go for it and don't PM or partner with anybody. Make your findings yourself .all the best
Where i work we barb for 300, xo op u can imagine and again don't monitor barbers like we're kids, we nor dey lyk am jst keep an eye on em
Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 08, 2016
frugal:

Don't mind those people. Get a CCTV to do the monitoring, you don't have to be there.
You are making sense, an a big believer in cctv monitoring of business. But I have not tried it. Have you tried it and how effective is it?
Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Sergioaguero: 1:30pm On Sep 08, 2016
mrkayusfit:

I'm interested in the egusi business. How much is the minimum capital to start with? Is kwara egusi the best and cheapest?

As at last months a bag of unpeeled is sold for #3500 naira. where is your current location. so that i will contact my students their. i got this knowledge when i was serving there. unshelled groundnut is sold for #1500 naira a bag.. Note a bag is 50kg

Note Melon #3500 not 35,000

1 Like

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Nobody: 1:32pm On Sep 08, 2016
Sergioaguero:

As at last months a bag of unpeeled is sold for #35000 naira. where is your current location. so that i will contact my students their. i got this knowledge when i was serving there. unshelled groundnut is sold for #1500 naira a bag.. Note a bag is 50kg

I'm in Ibadan. U mean a bag of unshelled groundnut is 1500?
Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by suco01(m): 1:36pm On Sep 08, 2016
tobimillar:
Why the negative comments? Bro, I can assure you that it's a very profitable business if you have the right location. And I mean very very profitable. Just do the right packaging. You can open a mega saloon with that amount. About salaries of the Barber, you may have to make it on commission bases like say 20% + or - of total daily sales.

O.k let's do the maths if you have a big saloon with at least two barbers. And each barb at least 20 persons in a day. With the current rate of #200 to barb, the total daily income from the two barbers will be #8000 so let's say you pay each barber a thousand each daily, you are left with #6000. And let's even say you spend #3000 on daily estimates for rent, fuel, electricity bills, and miscellaneous. You are left with a profit of #3000 daily. Multiply that by 26 working days in a month. And you can expand the saloon with time to make it unisex. Don't listen to people who would want o discourage you.. plan well and go for it and don't PM or partner with anybody. Make your findings yourself .all the best

I laugh u in peutorico. Dat ur estimate is neva nd neva realisable. 240k cant open a container standard saloon tlkless a big saloon bt to d south east it might. Also paying on comission it wont wrk, av u forgotten barbers only make beta sales weekend weekdays is jst to support. 8k per day even for lagos here he cant as salon plenty die, there is wat we called weekly delivery where d employee barber pays d owner weekly here in oshodi lagos some pay frm 5k evryweek pending on d standard of d salon. Bro dnt deceive dat guy
Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Sergioaguero: 1:41pm On Sep 08, 2016
mrkayusfit:

I'm in Ibadan. U mean a bag of unshelled groundnut is 1500?

yea. sorry a bag of melon is #3500

call me on 08138570184. visit my facebook group link and account to confirm my video and my phone number in my profile
https://www./GreatInventors/519608298246393/?notif_t=like&notif_id=1473171186857142
https://www.facebook.com/faguemeka
Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by ever811(m): 1:48pm On Sep 08, 2016
bighuntenter:
. Good decision to go into a business venture. Why not consider starting a small scale gas business with the same amount of money? Gas business is becoming the in thing now. Give it a try and see what happen to your 240k in the next months.
thank God I didn't stop on the way as I was reading a lot of trash on this trend..pls iam interested about gas business.. pls can you watsap me on this Num.08062803954

1 Like

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 08, 2016
suco01:

I laugh u in peutorico. Dat ur estimate is neva nd neva realisable. 240k cant open a container standard saloon tlkless a big saloon bt to d south east it might. Also paying on comission it wont wrk, av u forgotten barbers only make beta sales weekend weekdays is jst to support. 8k per day even for lagos here he cant as salon plenty die, there is wat we called weekly delivery where d employee barber pays d owner weekly here in oshodi lagos some pay frm 5k evryweek pending on d standard of d salon. Bro dnt deceive dat guy

I guess it's your end in Lagos, small salon on my street here have more than 30 customers in a day and it's just one barber. The queue to barb sef no be here. If the service rendered in good, people will come

3 Likes

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Nobody: 1:51pm On Sep 08, 2016
Sergioaguero:

yea. sorry a bag of melon is #3500

call me on 08138570184. visit my facebook group link and account to confirm my video and my phone number in my profile
https://www./GreatInventors/519608298246393/?notif_t=like&notif_id=1473171186857142
https://www.facebook.com/faguemeka

Is that number on whatsapp? I prefer chat for now
Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Edetson(m): 1:51pm On Sep 08, 2016
Having a barbing saloon is not a bad idea. I know a couple of folks who have gotten for themselves a comfortable home and family just with a complete commitment to the barbing saloon business.

IN general terms, it is important that you understand the environment you wish to site you barbing saloon and the Return On Investment that you are likely to achieve at that location. For me location is the first pointer to whether a barbing saloon business will strive or not.

Then with regards to employing someone, I would advice, except you have another stream of income, that you start up the business yourself, start with home service from church members and close acquaintance. Never you start a business the big way otherwise the likelihood of you crashing will be very much there.

Start it with as little as NGN5,000. Then grow up with it, and as you do, innovative ideas and views will start flooding your mind, try each one of them and see the Return On Investment. If you can find a number of them, you can then go fully renting a shop and continuing your enterprise successfully.

Regards.

2 Likes

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by jayfest(m): 2:02pm On Sep 08, 2016
[quote author=bighuntenter post=49178956]. Good decision to go into a business venture. Why not consider starting a small scale gas business with the same amount of money? Gas business is becoming the in thing now. Give it a try and see what happen to your 240k in the next months.

Kindly provide more details on the Gas biz.
I am interested pls.
Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by buckyfof(m): 2:02pm On Sep 08, 2016
Where are u? Coz if ur in lag....ur 240k no reach shop rent....buh if attal u start running d biz....they barb around 350 to #400 sha
Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by prestige2013: 2:08pm On Sep 08, 2016
Your Moniker alone indicate u you re into the biz.

Perfecttouch:
bro barbing saloon is one of the best business you can venture into either u are monitoring or you are the one operating it. If you already have a shop,240k is enough to make it a standard one. Am currently starting my own also,just get a good location,preferably student environment .lets talk on Whatsapp so I can show u some pics on how you can design and put things in order. Don't give ur money to anybody,just seek advices and do away with the bad ones.saloon is a lucrative biz u can also make it a unisex,240k is still ok for unisex.nowadays, we use camera to monitor barbing saloon

3 Likes

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by afanide: 2:10pm On Sep 08, 2016
nani212:
Good evening nairalanders, I'm considering setting up a barbing salon in one of the south eastern states. I have 240000 to invest. The main reason I want to set it up is to create another source of income as I currently have a business I'm into. I wont be the one operating the barbing salon but I'll be visiting there to supervise every evening. I'm almost a novice in this field and I'll like people with experience to please advice and give me guidelines on steps to take.

Will 240000 be enough? What will be the right or appropriate salary to pay the barber I will employ? How profitable is the business? How much profit should I expect monthly? Waiting for your suggestions.

Instead of Barbing Salon, Use that Money and set up ladies salon where there would be services such as braiding, fixing plaiting, fixing of nails/eye lashes, etc. This is one of the hotest business in Nigeria.

All you need is skillful workers, and a good and trustworthy Manager. Pay them base on commision.

Fixing of nails alone cost more thhan 1,500.

Just my thought though.....

But if you want to go into Importation, check my signature......
Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by MarrisManah(m): 2:26pm On Sep 08, 2016
Businessnaija:

since you base at Enugu state, and you have alot of friends there, bro, let me come and use your money to organize a show for you, atleast you will see the ROI. But barbing, even if you supervice it or not, you wont gain it, and probably run into big loss.

But with shows, you cant, and moreso, Enugu state love such thing, coupled with my strategies and experience about it, there wont be an slack moment.
What kind of shows do you organize? I might as just be interested.
Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by DaStunz(m): 2:30pm On Sep 08, 2016
Bro! Dnt let any1 discourage u on doing wot u have passion 4, I will advice u 2 just try and open it in a busy environ like were college or University is located. Also endevour 2 employ a well trained Barber dat can give Clean hair cuts with gud manner of approach and believe u me, u will be smiling 2 d bank. Am currently serving in a village and I was oppourtuned 2 run a barbing saloon my self, which I opened with less dan 30k , honestly am glad dat I opened it. Life is all about risk, Jxt give it a try but be wise while doing it. Start small 1st, dnt invest d whole money in2 it and d sky will be ur stepping stone. I wish u success..

4 Likes

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by ceejay80s(m): 2:30pm On Sep 08, 2016
nani212:
Bro, do you mean it is not profitable even if I supervise it closely or if I dont supervise closely? what kind of show are u talking about? What guarantee do I have that I'll make profit from the show? I stay in Enugu

my advise, beware of nairalanders, dont do colabo with anybody

2 Likes

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by greggng: 2:31pm On Sep 08, 2016
bighuntenter:

Can u tell me more about this gas business. My email is greggng@yahoo.com
Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by mascotafltd: 2:31pm On Sep 08, 2016
First of all, go and lean the work before you venture into it.

1 Like

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by mrnononsense: 2:33pm On Sep 08, 2016
skyenitan04:
i think laundry & drycleaning business is more better than barbing..its my second business dough and its making since..3 years and counting

pls u re into dry claening bus?,pls what are d challenges u face and how profitable is d business,cause am planin to go into d bus

1 Like

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by suco01(m): 2:35pm On Sep 08, 2016
I am willing to assist u with the breakdown as i am into d barbing biz. To open a standard average barbing saloon here are d major compulsory items to kickoff

Electronics
TV set tokunba 21'' plasma #20,000
dvd player #5;000
deck player #10,000
AC window #30,000
Wall hanger #1000
Total #66,000

Barbing Accessories
4pairs of clippers @ #2500/pair #10,000
Sterilizing machine #10,000
4pairs of cover cloth @ 500/pair #2,000
shaning powder #500
white powder #500
after shave #1000
2 small buckets #500
water heater/ electric jug #1,500
small towels #500
hair spray #500
hair cream #500
2pairs of face brush #700
2pairs of brush #500
Total #28,700

FURNITURE
Sliding glass #20,000
2pairs of a seater chair #6,000
3 wall glass stand 2 for barbing and 1 behind #5,000
3 seater for customer #10,000
Total #41,000

Genarator set (small tiger) #20,000

As for d shop rent i dnt knw d price in south east bt if u can get a shop @ #50,000 for a year
painting #5000
Wiring #7000
tilling d floor #10,000
Total #82,000

Overall Total #237,000.

If all is in place, u get a stylist barber and agree on weekly deliver u can strt wit him @ #5,000/week for d first 2months and increase later. Since u'll be goin there to monitor it evry evening and make sure u are always wit him on saturdays and sundays cos dat 2 days is d real market day for barbers frm there u can av idea of barbing also b4 u knw it u're into bizness. I hope dis giv u foresight to wat u think. If u still need more assistance i am always here to help u. U can whatsapp me for more enquiry 08030452862 and beware of scammers.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by tafabaloo(m): 2:38pm On Sep 08, 2016
My brother, you can invest in this business and if it is well managed,and supervised, you ll get good returns on it.

Now to your question, with 240k u can start something.
You may need to buy atleast 4 clippers, which may gulp like 40k, 2 bar chairs for customers to be put @ 25k, 4 plastic seats for 30k, 1 big mirror for 7k.

Others include a ceiling fan,21" color television, a sound system ,powder with brush and aftershave and ur shop rent,whc depends on ur location.

You can do the math and make your conclusion.

Meanwhile,because I want a classic one for myself, mine has already gulped about 2million naira and im still spending .

1 Like

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by angelgabriel26(m): 2:48pm On Sep 08, 2016
bros barbing is profitable but u have do ur self. I am talking from experience. ur employees have to deliver to u on weekly basis. u can contact me for more info.

2 Likes

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Whynotthetruth(m): 2:49pm On Sep 08, 2016
bemagnify:
Bro forget barbing,,,any persn dat advice u to go for barbing dos nt mean wel for u since u ar nt d1 managin it,,barbin saloon sales can neva be monitored nd sales is nt guarantee.. am a corps member currently serving in the east and hop to stay here after service,,cum lets partner together in other to open a BETTING SHOP (alredy have a busy location for dat) in that prospect u generate income weekly. It can easily be monitored nd its secured or if u dnt wnt to partner wit me cum i will help u set it up and manage it for u.. If u ar interested send me a mail bemazunity@gmail.com

Send me mail with your number...let's talk on WhatsApp if you are sincere... thanks bro
Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Ngenge(m): 3:04pm On Sep 08, 2016
[quote author=nani212 post=44139217]Good evening nairalanders, I'm considering setting up a barbing salon in one of the south eastern states. I have 240000 to invest. The main reason I want to set it up is to create another source of income as I currently have a business I'm into. I wont be the one operating the barbing salon but I'll be visiting there to supervise every evening. I'm almost a novice in this field and I'll like people with experience to please advice and give me guidelines on steps to take.

[Do opinion research on how to open a saloon. 150,000 naira will be enough to buy the basic needs in a saloon excluding rent. The best way to recuperate your money is to be paid by the barber weekly. Dont agree to pay him weekly/monthly or paying commission to him. ]
Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by neahyo(m): 3:05pm On Sep 08, 2016
Whynotthetruth:

Send me mail with your number...let's talk on WhatsApp if you are sincere... thanks bro

Good afternoon sir, please pardon my digression. I'm applying for a scholarship and I will be grateful if you can help me in reviewing my personal statement. I will be anticipating your response.

Regards.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Clearer Video Of Ebeano Supermarket Arson By 9-year-old Girl / Cosmas Maduka's Wife, Charity Is Dead / Nnamdi Onunkwo Weds Obiageli Madubuko (Wedding Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.