Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,884 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:41 PM

Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon (51102 Views)

How Much Is Needed To Open A Standard Barbing Salon? / Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? / Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by asiwaju17(m): 3:05pm On Sep 08, 2016
Realistically speaking, barbing biz is very lucrative and u can get back ur capitals in less than 5 months if u have a good location and a attractive parkage/branding . I'm a barber I save 2k per day, thou I make more than that. ur location matters a lot. here my price tag is 100 to 300. I have a boy who is barbing at the rate of 500 upward. this is becus is office is located around GRA. he made at least 10k per day..More so, u can supervise but the best is do it ursef. u can also had games and others to it. ma sallam

5 Likes

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by mustang247: 3:09pm On Sep 08, 2016
Which gud barber in hz ryt sense go collect 1k per day...except na cut n nail barber u dey find..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by mickool(m): 3:18pm On Sep 08, 2016
Businessnaija:
barbing saloon, no no no.

Which state are you, let me come to your state, and organize a show for you with that money. Atleast you will see return on investment.

The business has no gain, and who so ever you employ, will finish you.

Just my advice.....
Big lie. Don't discouraged The young man. Have u operated a barbing salon before?

1 Like

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by mickool(m): 3:30pm On Sep 08, 2016
nani212:
Bro, do you mean it is not profitable even if I supervise it closely or if I dont supervise closely? what kind of show are u talking about? What guarantee do I have that I'll make profit from the show? I stay in Enugu
Guy, barbing is a very profitable venture especially u if can barb.since u dont know how to barb it will bit hard for u. With 240k u can open a barbing salon excluding shop rent oooo... Get a shop in a nice and stritegy area. Make the shop fine and euipp the shop with modern facilities and get a good barber. Don't pay the barber (s) .check how much they work daily, weekly or monthly and then estimate and decide how much the barber or barbers will be paying u. Whether daily, weekly or monthly. Ur own is to provide the necessary tools and monitor them.

1 Like

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by riverbond(m): 3:32pm On Sep 08, 2016
Bro to be realistic, invest ur money in another business but for barbing saloon it's out of question so far u r not d person that will be handling it directly. Employing smone else in whatsoever means is opening up a business for another man with ur hard earn money in this present economic hardship in the country. No matter how u planned to monitor it, will not yeild fruit. Well smone talk abt betting it's nice bc u can monitor it even when u are not around for many days, u can still know how far is ur sales, same with organising show but remember that any business success depends on the location and the targeted people. Wish u all the best man.
Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Nobody: 3:44pm On Sep 08, 2016
thundabot:

OP STOP,JUST CHILL. I MEAN DON'T GO THERE.

I WILL ONLY TRY AS MUCH TO EXPLAIN TO YOU COS I VE BEEN THERE. BESIDES I INVESTED 500K AND WAS FORCED TO WIND UP AFTER 1 YEAR OF OPERATION.

HERE IS THE KEY FACTOR, YOU JUST LIKE MYSELF EMPLOYS A BARBER TO MANAGER THE BIZ MIND YOU BARBERS DONT COME BY EASILY LIKE ITS A SKILL AND COMPETENT BARBERS A REALLY SCARCE, YES.

BUSY WITH WORK NW I WILL UPDATED YOU WITH DETAILS CHECK LATER

PROMISE

If you fail at any business, you didnt do it right.

1 Like

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Nobody: 3:46pm On Sep 08, 2016
tobimillar:
Why the negative comments? Bro, I can assure you that it's a very profitable business if you have the right location. And I mean very very profitable. Just do the right packaging. You can open a mega saloon with that amount. About salaries of the Barber, you may have to make it on commission bases like say 20% + or - of total daily sales.

O.k let's do the maths if you have a big saloon with at least two barbers. And each barb at least 20 persons in a day. With the current rate of #200 to barb, the total daily income from the two barbers will be #8000 so let's say you pay each barber a thousand each daily, you are left with #6000. And let's even say you spend #3000 on daily estimates for rent, fuel, electricity bills, and miscellaneous. You are left with a profit of #3000 daily. Multiply that by 26 working days in a month. And you can expand the saloon with time to make it unisex. Don't listen to people who would want o discourage you.. plan well and go for it and don't PM or partner with anybody. Make your findings yourself .all the best

Reality is far different..
Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by REDDEVILS1(m): 3:48pm On Sep 08, 2016
Mail me what you have in mind with the show c.anieze@gmail.com
Businessnaija:

since you base at Enugu state, and you have alot of friends there, bro, let me come and use your money to organize a show for you, atleast you will see the ROI. But barbing, even if you supervice it or not, you wont gain it, and probably run into big loss.

But with shows, you cant, and moreso, Enugu state love such thing, coupled with my strategies and experience about it, there wont be an slack moment.
Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Whynotthetruth(m): 4:00pm On Sep 08, 2016
neahyo:

Good afternoon sir, please pardon my digression. I'm applying for a scholarship and I will be grateful if you can help me in reviewing my personal statement. I will be anticipating your response.

Regards.

Beloved bros...Sorry I am not grounded in issues about scholarship because I haven't tried any before now... Kindly seek out others who maybe more informed in such issues for assistance...

Cc Mizmycoli ... do you know anyone that can help this brother plz
Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by GoodSide: 4:01pm On Sep 08, 2016
guy go buy smile.pay for 6 months.
buy lapy.
open cafe
start downloading and browsing only
heavy download.
ticket per person...1k..if pl see say your cafe dey move.
if u get 10ppl a day.10k a week

or begin do street.
buy tools
work
b4 6 months.u don hamer

barbing salon na poor man busines
and everyone is a scammer

do not contact anyone o
be sharp..
if not dose ppl wey dey say call me
fit kidnap u.use u for ritual
dupe you sef.
be wise.

buy bulk card business.or open cafe.1k per day ticket.
unlimited downloads.
Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by MizMyColi(f): 4:25pm On Sep 08, 2016
Whynotthetruth:

Beloved bros...Sorry I am not grounded in issues about scholarship because I haven't tried any before now... Kindly seek out others who maybe more informed in such issues for assistance...

Cc Mizmycoli ... do you know anyone that can help this brother plz

Ymodulus might have an idea o
Not so sure though
Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Ichol: 4:29pm On Sep 08, 2016
Bros, let me help u here. Barbing saloon is a lucrative business. I operate one and is fetching me income. But like any other business , management is always the problem because some of these barbers are not trustworthy, they keep telling u that there is no work while they make their cool money , my own is right in front of my house so is easier for monitoring. The standard of the saloon and the location determine how much u will invest, if it is where N150 or N200 will be charged per head ur N240000 is ok but in high brow area where u can collect N500 per head certainly no. Note that u need the following for an average saloon; a rented Shop paint to ur taste, 2 barbing chairs, 2 mirrors , 4 Waiting chairs can be plastics, 2 clippers, generator, 1 towel warmer, others are;after shave, powder, shampoo for hair treatment, cover cloths, fan, TV set, radio CD for music, u Know guys do like music. etc. U can employ barbers and ask them to be balancing weekly on average N2500 per barber and they are the one to be incuring minor expenses or employ cashier , here barbers are pay by comission or fixed salary. It is a good business if u have a good managers and good supervisions .

3 Likes

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Whynotthetruth(m): 4:33pm On Sep 08, 2016
MizMyColi:

Ymodulus might have an idea o Not so sure though
Ymodulus kindly help neahyo if you can or link him to who can plz...thanks
Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Ichol: 4:46pm On Sep 08, 2016
Ichol:
Bros, let me help u here. Barbing saloon is a lucrative business. I operate one and is fetching me income. But like any other business , management is always the problem because some of these barbers are not trustworthy, they keep telling u that there is no work while they make their cool money , my own is right in front of my house so is easier for monitoring. The standard of the saloon and the location determine how much u will invest, if it is where N150 or N200 will be charged per head ur N240000 is ok but in high brow area where u can collect N500 per head certainly no. Note that u need the following for an average saloon; a rented Shop paint to ur taste, 2 barbing chairs, 2 mirrors , 4 Waiting chairs can be plastics, 2 clippers, generator, 1 towel warmer, others are;after shave, powder, shampoo for hair treatment, cover cloths, fan, TV set, radio CD for music, u Know guys do like music. etc. U can employ barbers and ask them to be balancing weekly on average N2500 per barber and they are the one to be incuring minor expenses or employ cashier , here barbers are pay by comission or fixed salary. It is a good business if u have a good managers and good supervisions .
Note u are going to face competitions hence u are a new comer so the best appraoch to start is to advertise with pamflets and free barbing on the opening day to attract customers or else is not easy to collect customers from existing saloon.

1 Like

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Slimmos(m): 4:46pm On Sep 08, 2016
couragemurphy:
Nice idea though. But i think you need to step up your budget if you really want to make it. There is no business that is not profiting, it's just basic concept, investment, and effective management. There is a common saying that ''what you give soil determines what you expect''.

There are many barbing salons but few quality ones.

Breakdown of wat u need to set up minimum quality n profiting salon

1. Choice location btw 50k to 400k/year, depending on your loc n budget
2. Furnitures, painting, lighting, sign board. About 50k to 200k, depending on taste n budget
3. Sterilizing set n unit, towels, minimum of 3clippers, combs, barbing cloth, etc about 100k
4. Good musical set about 30k. cud b more or less, depending......
5. TV 15k to 50k
6. Fan n AC. about 70k. But u can use only fan or both. Like i said, for Standout salon you need consider comfort of your customers.
7. Reception ( optional)
8. Generator. Please dont use " i better pass my neighbour". About 50k
9. 1kva inverter ( optional ) but this is a neccessity if you want to standout in any business: about 80k to 150k depending on backup time needed.
10. Most importantly, you need the services of a professional barber (handsome, friendly n lively, respectful, neat, honest, intelligent, and accountable etc.) Your barber should not use pple's hair to learn, as this is one major reason why b.salons dont boom as expected.
11. There are more to add in terms of tins needed and management concepts. But I will humbly stop here 1st.
Whose hair should they use to learn? Animals? I love giving my hair to novice sometimes as a way of encouraging them.

1 Like

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Nobody: 5:17pm On Sep 08, 2016
tobimillar:
Why the negative comments? Bro, I can assure you that it's a very profitable business if you have the right location. And I mean very very profitable. Just do the right packaging. You can open a mega saloon with that amount. About salaries of the Barber, you may have to make it on commission bases like say 20% + or - of total daily sales.

O.k let's do the maths if you have a big saloon with at least two barbers. And each barb at least 20 persons in a day. With the current rate of #200 to barb, the total daily income from the two barbers will be #8000 so let's say you pay each barber a thousand each daily, you are left with #6000. And let's even say you spend #3000 on daily estimates for rent, fuel, electricity bills, and miscellaneous. You are left with a profit of #3000 daily. Multiply that by 26 working days in a month. And you can expand the saloon with time to make it unisex. Don't listen to people who would want o discourage you.. plan well and go for it and don't PM or partner with anybody. Make your findings yourself .all the best

1 Like

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Ymodulus: 5:21pm On Sep 08, 2016
Whynotthetruth:

Ymodulus kindly help neahyo if you can or link him to who can plz...thanks

Sorry did you mean nearby or neahyo? am confused on that. please clarify
Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by scachy(m): 5:57pm On Sep 08, 2016
Blind questions. How are we supposed to know how much profit u would make in a month. Biz is all about Risk Dude, give it a shot and see what happens.

1 Like

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Eleniyan15: 6:18pm On Sep 08, 2016
nani212

Don't allow anyone to try change what you have in mind those people saying barbing it not a profitable business it a big Lie

And I hope you know nothing Good comes easily

THE BARBER 1) PROBLEM
LOCATION 2) PROBLEM
Necessary Tools 3) Problem
Packaging. 4) Problem

if you can have necessary take care of this 4problem I listed then you got no problem again I would have love to go into details right now but am lazy when it comes to typing Long would have prefer to use Voice note

Gracia Bro!!!!! jah Bless the HuStle

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by kennynikky(m): 7:13pm On Sep 08, 2016
bemagnify:
Bro forget barbing,,,any persn dat advice u to go for barbing dos nt mean wel for u since u ar nt d1 managin it,,barbin saloon sales can neva be monitored nd sales is nt guarantee.. am a corps member currently serving in the east and hop to stay here after service,,cum lets partner together in other to open a BETTING SHOP (alredy have a busy location for dat) in that prospect u generate income weekly. It can easily be monitored nd its secured or if u dnt wnt to partner wit me cum i will help u set it up and manage it for u.. If u ar interested send me a mail bemazunity@gmail.com
bros am interested, whr r u saving?
Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by GRACEGLORY: 7:23pm On Sep 08, 2016
I run a barbing salon. My advise is: if you don't know how to barb, don't venture into it, and if you have to, save the money and go learn barbing first.
Barbers comes and go... once a barber leaves the customers to goes. But if you run it by urself it's good. More so, these boys are just looking for where to mke quick money, nobody wants to work for others among them.

2 Likes

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by FIDELITY24(m): 7:40pm On Sep 08, 2016
frugal:

Don't mind those people. Get a CCTV to do the monitoring, you don't have to be there.
He's capital is #240,000, I don't think dat will be enough to include CCTV
Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by FIDELITY24(m): 7:43pm On Sep 08, 2016
Eleniyan15:
nani212

Don't allow anyone to try change what you have in mind those people saying barbing it not a profitable business it a big Lie

And I hope you know nothing Good comes easily

THE BARBER 1) PROBLEM
LOCATION 2) PROBLEM
Necessary Tools 3) Problem
Packaging. 4) Problem

if you can have necessary take care of this 4problem I listed then you got no problem again I would have love to go into details right now but am lazy when it comes to typing Long would have prefer to use Voice note

Gracia Bro!!!!! jah Bless the HuStle
correkt talk, there's no business without its own challenges!

1 Like

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Whynotthetruth(m): 8:20pm On Sep 08, 2016
Ymodulus:

Sorry did you mean nearby or neahyo? am confused on that. please clarify

Is the latter bro...he's a Nairalander... kindly help him plz
Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Henrypraise: 8:42pm On Sep 08, 2016
nani212:
Good evening nairalanders, I'm considering setting up a barbing salon in one of the south eastern states. I have 240000 to invest. The main reason I want to set it up is to create another source of income as I currently have a business I'm into. I wont be the one operating the barbing salon but I'll be visiting there to supervise every evening. I'm almost a novice in this field and I'll like people with experience to please advice and give me guidelines on steps to take.

Will 240000 be enough? What will be the right or appropriate salary to pay the barber I will employ? How profitable is the business? How much profit should I expect monthly? Waiting for your suggestions.

pls stay away from barbing saloon, use ur money to open a laundry mart. I promise u, u won't regret it.

I use to own a barbing saloon, d recurrent expenditure on barbing is very high n it needs close supervision; laundry on d other hand isn't. pls n pls weigh d two n if u need more words on both of dem, send me a pm n let's chat. laundry is way better dan barbing. individuals barb 1 in two weeks, but de wear clothes every day. think abt it.
Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Oghumu1(m): 8:48pm On Sep 08, 2016
U must first consider the location, and pay anybody u are to employ according to his earning. With that they will work hard, all u just have to do is go round and make research yourself not asking people here, don't be mislead by scammers, make the finding yourself and think on improving it, make friends with those who are in the line.
Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by jaguar09(m): 9:02pm On Sep 08, 2016
This is a functioning Unisex Salon strategically located in a populated estate with lots of customers to give you six figures of revenue monthly. Well equipped with all statutory Salon Equipment. Shop size of 30sqm.

Equipment:
1. Ceramic Head Wash Basin
2. Six Rotating Chairs
3. Three Seater Waiting Sofa
4. Product Shelve
5. Four Large and Framed Mirror
6. One Small Mirror
7. Glass Door
8. Special Nail Technician Table
9. Pedicure Machine with accessories
10. Three barbing Clippers
11. Towel Warmer Machine
12. Clipper Sterilizing Machine
13. 1HP Window Unit Air Conditioner
14. Two generating set ( Big and Small)
15. Standing Shelve for Products Display
16. Music Sound System
17. TV Set and GOTV decoder
18. Five Drawers for work tools
19. Beautifully painted walls and well illuminated
20. Hair styling machine
21. Tiled Floor
22. One OX fan and One oscillating
23. Two salon work tool troller.

We pride to be the best in the neighborhood and preferred over the rest, we are selling due to the owners relocation out of Lagos. Also, you get to keep the dedicated Staff who are already known in the environment (if you desire).

NB:

The salon is on a Rented Shop at N250k per annum. after the first year you can pay at 6 months intervals.

Going! Going!! Going!!!

If interested call 0803-333-0316, or email: zeenetsolution@gmail.com

2 Likes

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by kindy51(m): 9:29pm On Sep 08, 2016
nani212:
More coments and suggestions needed. Lalasticlala please help
kindyobialor@gmail.com i can help you if you are interested in the barbing stuff
Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Nobody: 10:23pm On Sep 08, 2016
OP beware of all these ' I have a business that will fetch you double returns' , Buhari's era has made many people scammers. If you want to go into a business,understand it 100% or do it by yourself. Boys are not smiling.

1 Like

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Sirpc(m): 10:33pm On Sep 08, 2016
jaguar09:
This is a functioning Unisex Salon strategically located in a populated estate with lots of customers to give you six figures of revenue monthly. Well equipped with all statutory Salon Equipment. Shop size of 30sqm.

Equipment:
1. Ceramic Head Wash Basin
2. Six Rotating Chairs
3. Three Seater Waiting Sofa
4. Product Shelve
5. Four Large and Framed Mirror
6. One Small Mirror
7. Glass Door
8. Special Nail Technician Table
9. Pedicure Machine with accessories
10. Three barbing Clippers
11. Towel Warmer Machine
12. Clipper Sterilizing Machine
13. 1HP Window Unit Air Conditioner
14. Two generating set ( Big and Small)
15. Standing Shelve for Products Display
16. Music Sound System
17. TV Set and GOTV decoder
18. Five Drawers for work tools
19. Beautifully painted walls and well illuminated
20. Hair styling machine
21. Tiled Floor
22. One OX fan and One oscillating
23. Two salon work tool troller.

We pride to be the best in the neighborhood and preferred over the rest, we are selling due to the owners relocation out of Lagos. Also, you get to keep the dedicated Staff who are already known in the environment (if you desire).

NB:

The salon is on a Rented Shop at N250k per annum. after the first year you can pay at 6 months intervals.

Going! Going!! Going!!!

If interested call 0803-333-0316, or email: zeenetsolution@gmail.com

How much are u selling it?
Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Kfed4ril(m): 11:21pm On Sep 08, 2016
nani212:
More coments and suggestions needed. Lalasticlala please help

If you must do the barbing saloon then let the barber pay u monthly. Because the is no way u can supervise him when you not there with him, him go chop you die u go come the pay am salary from your other business.
Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Murphydmentor: 2:32am On Sep 09, 2016
It's worth giving a shot.... The fact some people had failed doesn't mean you are gonna fail. I just completed setting up of a barbing salon for one of 'oga' that need additional source of income. Had it been am in Enugu; i would have render my consulting services for you free of charge nevertheless i can still assist virtually. Check out this link www. barbingsalonbusiness. . com.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Clearer Video Of Ebeano Supermarket Arson By 9-year-old Girl / Cosmas Maduka's Wife, Charity Is Dead / Nnamdi Onunkwo Weds Obiageli Madubuko (Wedding Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.