Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,020 members, 7,810,820 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:07 PM

Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon (51094 Views)

How Much Is Needed To Open A Standard Barbing Salon? / Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? / Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Nobody: 2:30pm On May 21, 2018
Perfecttouch:
bro barbing saloon is one of the best business you can venture into either u are monitoring or you are the one operating it. If you already have a shop,240k is enough to make it a standard one. Am currently starting my own also,just get a good location,preferably student environment .lets talk on Whatsapp so I can show u some pics on how you can design and put things in order. Don't give ur money to anybody,just seek advices and do away with the bad ones.saloon is a lucrative biz u can also make it a unisex,240k is still ok for unisex.nowadays, we use camera to monitor barbing saloon

perfect touch, i want to venture into the barbing saloon stuff,please how do i get the pictures?

1 Like

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Lonelyloner: 7:27pm On Jan 19, 2019
nani212:
Good evening nairalanders, I'm considering setting up a barbing salon in one of the south eastern states. I have 240000 to invest. The main reason I want to set it up is to create another source of income as I currently have a business I'm into. I wont be the one operating the barbing salon but I'll be visiting there to supervise every evening. I'm almost a novice in this field and I'll like people with experience to please advice and give me guidelines on steps to take.

Will 240000 be enough? What will be the right or appropriate salary to pay the barber I will employ? How profitable is the business? How much profit should I expect monthly? Waiting for your suggestions.

https://www.nairaland.com/4970882/barbify-find-salons-nigeria-barbify#74922480
Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Lonelyloner: 7:29pm On Jan 19, 2019
Wisdomkosi:
I'm a professional barbar. How much are you willing to pay me? I'm interested

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Lonelyloner: 7:30pm On Jan 19, 2019
Kennyfancy:
am a student in asaba bt i used to work in 1 barbing saloon in warri whnever am free, i must tell u barbing is a very lucrative biz,, i cn giv u advice as i hav always b doing, i hav given advice to at least 2 people 4rm nairaland and they ar doing fined in d business, u can contact me on 08164421812

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Nobody: 1:50pm On Apr 07, 2019
Ichol:
Bros, let me help u here. Barbing saloon is a lucrative business. I operate one and is fetching me income. But like any other business , management is always the problem because some of these barbers are not trustworthy, they keep telling u that there is no work while they make their cool money , my own is right in front of my house so is easier for monitoring. The standard of the saloon and the location determine how much u will invest, if it is where N150 or N200 will be charged per head ur N240000 is ok but in high brow area where u can collect N500 per head certainly no. Note that u need the following for an average saloon; a rented Shop paint to ur taste, 2 barbing chairs, 2 mirrors , 4 Waiting chairs can be plastics, 2 clippers, generator, 1 towel warmer, others are;after shave, powder, shampoo for hair treatment, cover cloths, fan, TV set, radio CD for music, u Know guys do like music. etc. U can employ barbers and ask them to be balancing weekly on average N2500 per barber and they are the one to be incuring minor expenses or employ cashier , here barbers are pay by comission or fixed salary. It is a good business if u have a good managers and good supervisions .

As in NGN 2500 not NGN 25,000 Weekly?
Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by uwadiahercules: 10:53am On May 27, 2019
Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Nobody: 10:04pm On Oct 13, 2019
suco01:
I am willing to assist u with the breakdown as i am into d barbing biz. To open a standard average barbing saloon here are d major compulsory items to kickoff

Electronics
TV set tokunba 21'' plasma #20,000
dvd player #5;000
deck player #10,000
AC window #30,000
Wall hanger #1000
Total #66,000

Barbing Accessories
4pairs of clippers @ #2500/pair #10,000
Sterilizing machine #10,000
4pairs of cover cloth @ 500/pair #2,000
shaning powder #500
white powder #500
after shave #1000
2 small buckets #500
water heater/ electric jug #1,500
small towels #500
hair spray #500
hair cream #500
2pairs of face brush #700
2pairs of brush #500
Total #28,700

FURNITURE
Sliding glass #20,000
2pairs of a seater chair #6,000
3 wall glass stand 2 for barbing and 1 behind #5,000
3 seater for customer #10,000
Total #41,000

Genarator set (small tiger) #20,000

As for d shop rent i dnt knw d price in south east bt if u can get a shop @ #50,000 for a year
painting #5000
Wiring #7000
tilling d floor #10,000
Total #82,000

Overall Total #237,000.

If all is in place, u get a stylist barber and agree on weekly deliver u can strt wit him @ #5,000/week for d first 2months and increase later. Since u'll be goin there to monitor it evry evening and make sure u are always wit him on saturdays and sundays cos dat 2 days is d real market day for barbers frm there u can av idea of barbing also b4 u knw it u're into bizness. I hope dis giv u foresight to wat u think. If u still need more assistance i am always here to help u. U can whatsapp me for more enquiry 08030452862 and beware of scammers.

What type of clipper sells for N2,500 ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by suco01(m): 10:07pm On Oct 13, 2019
Naughtysite:

What type of clipper sells for N2,500 ?

check when I post the list. but u can get at 3k now while wireless 4k @ Arena market oshodi
Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Nobody: 10:09pm On Oct 13, 2019
suco01:

check when I post the list. but u can get at 3k now while wireless 4k @ Arena market oshodi

Is it the CHAOBA brand ?
Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by suco01(m): 10:13pm On Oct 13, 2019
Naughtysite:

Is it the CHAOBA brand ?

fake chaoba don plenty and it dey hot. get GTS power basic and thank me later. if na the wireless rechargeable one dont buy the one that has the digital led display but the one with red light indicator when charging
Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Nobody: 10:20pm On Oct 13, 2019
Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Nobody: 10:31pm On Oct 13, 2019
GRACEGLORY:
I run a barbing salon. My advise is: if you don't know how to barb, don't venture into it, and if you have to, save the money and go learn barbing first.
Barbers comes and go... once a barber leaves the customers to goes. But if you run it by urself it's good. More so, these boys are just looking for where to mke quick money, nobody wants to work for others among them.

As an experienced person I need your input.

Assuming you equip a salon with 4 clippers and 4 barbing chairs ?

The amount per cut in this location is actually N300. And you are free to manage it but can't barb. But promised barbers a commission of N100 per hair cut and it's a very busy area from monday to Saturday.

Comment on this scenario.
Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by NaijaPress: 8:37am On Dec 28, 2019
You can use a business plan to set up your own barbing salon....
Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Querty(m): 8:48am On Jun 24, 2020
Why the negative comments? Bro, I can assure you that it's a very profitable business if you have the right location. And I mean very very profitable. Just do the right packaging. You can open a mega saloon with that amount. About salaries of the Barber, you may have to make it on commission bases like say 20% + or - of total daily sales.

O.k let's do the maths if you have a big saloon with at least two barbers. And each barb at least 20 persons in a day. With the current rate of #200 to barb, the total daily income from the two barbers will be #8000 so let's say you pay each barber a thousand each daily, you are left with #6000. And let's even say you spend #3000 on daily estimates for rent, fuel, electricity bills, and miscellaneous. You are left with a profit of #3000 daily. Multiply that by 26 working days in a month. And you can expand the saloon with time to make it unisex. Don't listen to people who would want o discourage you.. plan well and go for it and don't PM or partner with anybody. Make your findings yourself .all the best

Thank you so much for this advice. I had thought of going into this business in coming days but I almost got discouraged by the comments above. Thank you for coming through broda
Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Querty(m): 8:51am On Jun 24, 2020
Wisdomkosi:
I'm a professional barbar. How much are you willing to pay me? I'm interested

Where is your location?
Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by konews: 11:30pm On Sep 18, 2020
Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by Bestnigeriabusi(m): 9:40pm On Dec 23, 2020
Barbing Salon Business Plan in Nigeria: Are you interested in starting a standard barbing salon business in Nigeria? Have you been told that it is not a profitable venture? What have you heard about this business? Well, if you are so interested in starting a barbing salon business in Nigeria, then you have come to the right place. But first of all let’s inform you that our barbing saloon business plan in Nigeria was recently updated and can be used for business grant application, bank loan applications, for writing business plan proposals, to write business plan concept notes, for business grant competitions, other competitions etc

for full details, click >>> https://www.latestnigeriaprice.com.ng/barbing-salon-business-plan-in-nigeria-pdf/
Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by hensmaan: 11:23pm On Feb 22, 2021
Bro, are you still in Ilorin?

funshore:
Hi bro. Do not listen to those people saying you will not get any profit from a barbing saloon, it's a big lie and a means to stop you. I'm a cashier in a unisex salon here in Ilorin, and I must tell you there is a lot of gains in the business.
What you need to do before you start is to make enquiry about the location, if it is confirmed to make sales go on and start it.
Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by neutralmind: 1:11am On Dec 13, 2021
Hello.
Re: Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon by horla10: 11:26am On Jun 02, 2023
Good day all. I recently re located to a new area and on on seeing that there ain't much barbing outlet there. I decided to rent a shop for my brother and equip it to the best of my ability. He has been running it for four days now, but the sales is slow like yesterday he barb no one at all. Any advice on what to do to increase the patronage will me be appreciated. Thank you all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Clearer Video Of Ebeano Supermarket Arson By 9-year-old Girl / Cosmas Maduka's Wife, Charity Is Dead / Nnamdi Onunkwo Weds Obiageli Madubuko (Wedding Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.