Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,674 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:53 PM

Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. (31902 Views)

Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career / Sudden Death: 4 Ways Sex Can Kill You (Pics) / This Sexual Position Can Cause Cancer – Health Minister Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by DrAda(f): 12:15am On Mar 27, 2016
I will start by confessing a certain weakness we Africans have and that is our deep rooted spirituality. Our spirituality matters a whole lot that we now see life solely through that lens. A healthy baby is a sign of goodwill from God but a sick baby or the sudden death of a healthy baby is most often judged either as ill will or worse some evil forces from the dark world sent in our lives by unsuspecting neighbours.

The neighbours might just be innocent. Studies have shown that the safest position for babies to be placed on while sleeping is on their backs, not on their sides or face down but on their backs.

Surprised? Don't be.Babies placed on their stomachs, sides, beside a fluffy pillow or blankets when sleeping are at risk of having their airways blocked and can cause death. In developed countries, the number of unexplained baby deaths have markedly reduced, all thanks to the new sleeping position least associated with deaths.

www.dailychildhealthtips..com

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by ojnnaco(m): 12:20am On Mar 27, 2016
even in the Bible it killed so it is still possible to kill this days ...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by DrAda(f): 12:36am On Mar 27, 2016
ojnnaco:
I am lost.. Are you referring to my post or Easter

7 Likes

Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by ojnnaco(m): 7:45am On Mar 27, 2016
DrAda:
Maybe Easter.. since you don't believe in you post anymore

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by DrAda(f): 9:49am On Mar 27, 2016
Kk then. Glad we have sorted it out. Happy Easter
Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by calliope(f): 2:26pm On Mar 27, 2016
When you put a baby BTW two hefty adult, that kind of sleeping position wud or might kill a baby,
But having a baby bed rack no matter the sleep position, make babies sleep like baby grin
Happy Easter y'all

1 Like

Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by Smellymouth: 2:27pm On Mar 27, 2016
Interesting
Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by chimah3(m): 2:27pm On Mar 27, 2016
Then don't sleep!!! tongue

1 Like

Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by Nobody: 2:27pm On Mar 27, 2016
DrAda:
This gat me rolling gringringrin

4 Likes

Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by 9jatatafo(m): 2:28pm On Mar 27, 2016
Superstition is killing Africans

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by Nobody: 2:29pm On Mar 27, 2016
ojnnaco:
Where in the Bible?

1 Like

Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by timilehing(m): 2:29pm On Mar 27, 2016
Adding 1 or 2 pinshures would have been better

But seriously, pikin wey go die from sleep go die irrespective of sleeping position

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by DaVinChiSam(m): 2:30pm On Mar 27, 2016
This is cool Happy Easter
Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by Ayanko(m): 2:30pm On Mar 27, 2016
Noted.
Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by shegssosplendid(m): 2:33pm On Mar 27, 2016
what doesn't kill again, same with cancer, what can't cause cancer again..
issorait..
Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by Nobody: 2:37pm On Mar 27, 2016
What of pregnant woman position?
Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by mindfreaks(m): 2:38pm On Mar 27, 2016
can you Emergin this manners is already sorted out by Islam thousand of years ago ask any Muslim you know on the street he will tell you on your "back". and now someone is calling it the new sleeping way

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by petkoffdrake2(m): 2:40pm On Mar 27, 2016
But I sleep upside down.... undecided
Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by rawtouch: 2:42pm On Mar 27, 2016
Women take note
Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by soldierdollar(m): 2:42pm On Mar 27, 2016
grin
Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by skillet(m): 2:54pm On Mar 27, 2016
I believe this because even as an adult, lying on my back guarantees the freeest airways while sleeping. It even reduces snoring.

1 Like

Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by Nobody: 2:57pm On Mar 27, 2016
Superstition makes us believe that when you lie on your back and sleep, demons will enter ur body just like we see in films. Those who have watched Karishika will understand what I'm saying. Lol.
Nice article, bros.
Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by Nobody: 3:00pm On Mar 27, 2016
mindfreaks:
can you Emergin this manners is already sorted out by Islam thousand of years ago ask any Muslim you know on the street he will tell you on your "back". and now someone is calling it the new sleeping way
What is this one saying?

19 Likes

Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by Nobody: 3:06pm On Mar 27, 2016
Should i comment
Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by SPDAZZY(f): 3:12pm On Mar 27, 2016
Angelberry:
Where in the Bible?

The child of one of the prostitutes that king Solomon settled their case. (1 kings 3:16-28)

The Bible records that the woman slept on her baby and he died. So I think he is referring to the mum's sleeping position.

1 Like

Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by Nobody: 3:14pm On Mar 27, 2016
SPDAZZY:

The child of one of the prostitutes that king Solomon settled their case.

The Bible records that the woman slept on her baby and he died. So I think he is referring to the mum's sleeping position.
The post is about child's sleeping position not the mom's
Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by Nobody: 3:15pm On Mar 27, 2016
Businessnaija:
Should i comment
no, post
Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by dayoungmoney1: 3:15pm On Mar 27, 2016
Nice post

1 Like

Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by SPDAZZY(f): 3:16pm On Mar 27, 2016
Angelberry:
The post is about child's sleeping position not the mom's

I know, that is why I mentioned that it was the woman's sleeping position that I think he was referring to. Did you skip that?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

COVID-19 Vaccines Arrive Abuja (Photos) / How To Survive The Current Hot Weather In Nigeria / Woman Delivered Of Premature Quadruplets In Kogi State. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.