Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,519 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. (31930 Views)

Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career / Sudden Death: 4 Ways Sex Can Kill You (Pics) / This Sexual Position Can Cause Cancer – Health Minister Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by vivavik(f): 8:51pm On Mar 28, 2016
Some kids just won't sleep if not placed on their stomachs,I have this rare case of my Lil cousin, he wouldn't sleep anywhere but on my stomach faced down and immediately i put him on the bed or his mum picks him up, then he wakes up. Mystery I tell u
Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by DrAda(f): 6:15am On Mar 29, 2016
vivavik:
Some kids just won't sleep if not placed on their stomachs,I have this rare case of my Lil cousin, he wouldn't sleep anywhere but on my stomach faced down and immediately i put him on the bed or his mum picks him up, then he wakes up. Mystery I tell u
Please refer to the second part of this write up. I explained why the lying on the back is preferred after been asked to explain further.

www.kiddiesmatters.com. Thank you
Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by blank(f): 2:11pm On Mar 30, 2016
Please. sleeping on the back for babies can cause the child to gag. What if the baby has spit up or vomits whilst on his back, the only way is back down and the child could suffocate on it. Sleeping on their side is the best for new born babies. Once the baby has learnt good head control, he can be placed on his stomach if you prefer (from like 5 months).

blank:
Try to avoid ur baby sleeping on his chest till he has learnt good head control and can remove his head if he is not getting enough air.

Google SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome).
Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by DrAda(f): 3:18pm On Mar 30, 2016
blank:
Please. sleeping on the back for babies can cause the child to gag. What if the baby has spit up or vomits whilst on his back, the only way is back down and the child could suffocate on it. Sleeping on their side is the best for new born babies. Once the baby has learnt good head control, he can be placed on his stomach if you prefer (from like 5 months).

I beg to differ and strongly disagree with your statement. Would love to explain and I already have at www.kiddiesmatters.com. The article written there will enlighten you more
Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by blank(f): 4:56pm On Mar 31, 2016
DrAda:
I beg to differ and strongly disagree with your statement. Would love to explain and I already have at www.kiddiesmatters.com. The article written there will enlighten you more

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I am basing mine on my pediatrician's recommendation (UK based), personal experience and research done by me. I still stand by what i said, the best position is a kid to lie on it's side.
Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by DrAda(f): 5:03am On Apr 01, 2016
blank:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I am basing mine on my pediatrician's recommendation (UK based), personal experience and research done by me. I still stand by what i said, the best position is a kid to lie on it's side.
I am guessing that "UK based" kinda is the final nail on the coffin. I will appreciate it if you do further research and read up on SIDS. You just might change your stance. Oh, did I mention I am also a Paediatrician (Nigerian Based Of Course).
Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by blank(f): 11:35am On Apr 01, 2016
DrAda:
I am guessing that "UK based" kinda is the final nail on the coffin. I will appreciate it if you do further research and read up on SIDS. You just might change your stance. Oh, did I mention I am also a Paediatrician (Nigerian Based Of Course).

Not at all. People have different orientations and trainings. I am sure I mentioned earlier that I have done extensive research into SIDS. Enough to know that no one knows the reason why it happens, the rest are conjectures on what could cause it.

My baby almost choked to death on his vomit if I hadn't woken up at that time. It made me start researching on the issue. Like I said earlier, I will still maintain and consciously teach that a baby sleeping on their back could end up deadly for the child.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Woman Delivered Of Premature Quadruplets In Kogi State. Photos / Jesse Otegbayo Recovers From COVID-19 / First COVID-19 Patient In Oyo Discharged

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.