Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,335 members, 7,819,169 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career (41117 Views)

Coco Samba Sexual Stimulant Can Kill - NAFDAC / Never Sleep On The Same Bed As Babies, It Can Kill Them- Dr Olufunmilayo / Sleeping Late Will Kill You Earlier - Study (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by FitnessDoctor: 8:33pm On Nov 06, 2017
Hello guys, it's your favorite health blogger, Paul Samuel FitnessDoctor

I believe so many Africans are ready to neglect nights of sleep with the belief that money does not sleep, but as your favorite health blogger, I am going to tell you that doing this might just leave you broke in the long run.

If you go with the motto "money does not sleep" and you spend your life chasing it, then you might not get to sleep or even be healthy when you finally get your slack.

If you don't want to take my word on this you can take it from someone is an international best-seller, a LinkedIn influencer and the Chief Executive at Advanced Performance Institute, Benard Marr (sounds like I was introducing Danerys right?).

Marr said in a LinkedIn post

You may think that burning the midnight oil and staying constantly busy is good for your career — but you might be seriously damaging your career — and your health”. Stress, among other things, increases the risk of heart disease by 40 percent, risk of heart attack by 25 percent and risk of stroke by 50 percent. “Many people thrive on stress and love the buzz that comes with it, but ignore the effect it has on their physical and mental wellbeing.

I was once and still is a workaholic, I barely slept and believed that the time I spent sleeping and goofing around, I could use it to enhance my productivity.

Guess what? It worked, I was working twice as fast and progressed even faster. Sadly, I forgot that there are side effects to everything and mine was deadly.

Copyright: Paul Samuel FitnessDoctor (realfitbody.com)

Turns out that all I was gaining from losing sleep was short-term productivity and my productivity levels were beginning to drop faster than they went up.

I had mood swings, headaches, I found it hard to focus, I got easily frustrated and stressed up with the smallest mistakes and setbacks (and I'm the patient guy). Sleep deprivation made it harder for me to access higher-level brain functions for days to come. Imagine a college student who does not know what x + x is anymore.

LinkedIn influencer and President of Talent Smart Travis Bradberry completely agrees with this and in his own words.

The negative effects of sleep deprivation are so great that people who are drunk outperform those lacking sleep.

Those late nights you keep to garner ideas and improve your business, or watch movies, or read a book or to finish the latest episode of the Game of Thrones are not really helping you.

Get enough sleep, as you require your brain do a lot of mental work that is required for business growth and success and there is no way to make yourself more intelligent than to get some shut-eye.

So there you have it.

Source: http://www.realfitbody.com/2017/10/sleeping-late-night-kill-career.html

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 10:15pm On Nov 06, 2017
grin

1 Like

Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by Nobody: 10:15pm On Nov 06, 2017
Thanks alot.
Also remind us
How sleeping Early would kill it faster sad

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by Nobody: 10:16pm On Nov 06, 2017
Noted
Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by good4all40: 10:16pm On Nov 06, 2017
Extremely beneficial

2 Likes

Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by ojkalito(m): 10:16pm On Nov 06, 2017
Sleep is overrated

10 Likes

Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by Elaric(m): 10:16pm On Nov 06, 2017
Thank u
Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by Austema(m): 10:16pm On Nov 06, 2017
In my village if you sleep early, you either a witch or a wizard

14 Likes

Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by BruncleZuma: 10:17pm On Nov 06, 2017
grin grin grin grin

Everybody nah expert

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by Nobody: 10:17pm On Nov 06, 2017
PastorMB:
Wow.

U made it abi??

2 Likes

Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by Austema(m): 10:17pm On Nov 06, 2017
owomida1:
Do this, do that, don't eat this, don't eat that.

Doctors like to bluff. Kuku kill us with bad news.

15 Likes

Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by BreezyCB(m): 10:17pm On Nov 06, 2017
owomida1:
Do this, do that, don't eat this, don't eat that.

Doctors like to bluff. Kuku kill us with bad news.
Hahhahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by Nobody: 10:17pm On Nov 06, 2017
Sleeping late has almost destroyed me. I'm reducing that sh*t before it sends me to an early grave

9 Likes

Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by ebosetaled22(m): 10:17pm On Nov 06, 2017
Am guilty cry
Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by youngbravian(m): 10:18pm On Nov 06, 2017
can I sleep?
Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by psalmhorah(m): 10:18pm On Nov 06, 2017
eeh
...do u expect dangote and otedola to sleep for 8 hours ...taaa...nibo..

but it pays to sleep well not abnormally....
it is lazy pple DAT sleep and sleep and sleep
Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by bayocanny: 10:18pm On Nov 06, 2017
This does not apply to yahoo boys

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by marttol: 10:18pm On Nov 06, 2017
ojkalito:
Sleep is overrated
WHEN YOU ARE FEELING DIZZY,DON'T SLEEP...

44 Likes

Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by Sleyanya1(m): 10:19pm On Nov 06, 2017
Hmmm....

Some will still say if you sleep about 8hrs a day...At 70yrs you must have slept for about 25yrs

What shall we then resolve to doing nau ?

Even the doctors saying all these stuff don't really get to sleep that much , researching about stuff and most successful people don't sleep that much too.

I just think every individual should pay attention to his/her body, that way you'll know when to shut your eyes and sleep when necessary.

15 Likes

Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by patjane(f): 10:20pm On Nov 06, 2017
Oya una goodnight grin

3 Likes

Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by owomida1: 10:20pm On Nov 06, 2017
Austema:

Too close self. Stretch ur leprous hands farther.
Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by greatface(m): 10:21pm On Nov 06, 2017
Not For Programmers

Night becomes their day and day their night

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by kenzysmith: 10:21pm On Nov 06, 2017
And u re still with ur phone at this time who re u advising goand advise ur self ist let me go and Bleep jare

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by epospiky(m): 10:22pm On Nov 06, 2017
I'm a programmer and staying awake till 6am is much easy than waking up at 6am

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by free2ryhme: 10:23pm On Nov 06, 2017
FitnessDoctor:

I believe so many Africans are ready to neglect nights of sleep with the belief that money does not sleep, but as your favorite health blogger, I am going to tell you that doing this might just leave you broke in the long run.

If you go with the motto "money does not sleep" and you spend your life chasing it, then you might not get to sleep or even be healthy when you finally get your slack.

If you don't want to take my word on this you can take it from someone is an international best-seller, a LinkedIn influencer and the Chief Executive at Advanced Performance Institute, Benard Marr (sounds like I was introducing Danerys right?).

You may think that burning the midnight oil and staying constantly busy is good for your career — but you might be seriously damaging your career — and your health”. Stress, among other things, increases the risk of heart disease by 40 percent, risk of heart attack by 25 percent and risk of stroke by 50 percent. “Many people thrive on stress and love the buzz that comes with it, but ignore the effect it has on their physical and mental wellbeing.

I was once and still is a workaholic, I barely slept and believed that the time I spent sleeping and goofing around, I could use it to enhance my productivity.

Guess what? It worked, I was working twice as fast and progressed even faster. Sadly, I forgot that there are side effects to everything and mine was deadly.

Turns out that all I was gaining from losing sleep was short-term productivity and my productivity levels were beginning to drop faster than they went up.

I had mood swings, headaches, I found it hard to focus, I got easily frustrated and stressed up with the smallest mistakes and setbacks (and I'm the patient guy). Sleep deprivation made it harder for me to access higher-level brain functions for days to come. Imagine a college student who does not know what x + x is anymore.

LinkedIn influencer and President of Talent Smart Travis Bradberry completely agrees with this and in his own words.

The negative effects of sleep deprivation are so great that people who are drunk outperform those lacking sleep.

Those late nights you keep to garner ideas and improve your business, or watch movies, or read a book or to finish the latest episode of the Game of Thrones are not really helping you.

Get enough sleep, as you require your brain do a lot of mental work that is required for business growth and success and there is no way to make yourself more intelligent than to get some shut-eye.

So there you have it.

Since bill gate, steve jobs etc no die

nothing dey happen

these are all lies

5 Likes

Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by free2ryhme: 10:24pm On Nov 06, 2017
FitnessDoctor:

So there you have it.

make una stop these bobo wey una dey sell e no sweet

7 Likes

Re: Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career by free2ryhme: 10:24pm On Nov 06, 2017
FitnessDoctor:

So there you have it.

na wetin fit you be this

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pretty Amputee Shares Her Experience When She Went For Amputation 14 Years Ago / Doctors Separate Siamese Twins In Bauchi (Photo) / Moradeun Balogun Dies As Jolad Hospital, Gbagada Refuses Her Treatment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.