Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,881 members, 7,802,847 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:12 PM

Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. (31899 Views)

Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career / Sudden Death: 4 Ways Sex Can Kill You (Pics) / This Sexual Position Can Cause Cancer – Health Minister Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by Nobody: 3:18pm On Mar 27, 2016
SPDAZZY:

I know, that is why I mentioned that it was the woman's sleeping position that I think he was referring to. Did you skip that?
OK dear, happy Easter!
Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by Nobody: 3:25pm On Mar 27, 2016
Angelberry:
no, post

The first thing i did was to check your picture, only to see a thick face girl,,, well am sure that aint you.
Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by Nobody: 3:26pm On Mar 27, 2016
Businessnaija:

The first thing i did was to check your picture, only to see a thick face girl,,, well am sure that aint you.
Really
Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by Nobody: 3:30pm On Mar 27, 2016
Angelberry:
Really
come on, that can never be you!!! , wait oo are you trying to.........
Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by Nobody: 3:32pm On Mar 27, 2016
Businessnaija:
come on, that can never be you!!! , wait oo are you trying to.........
To do what
Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by Nobody: 3:34pm On Mar 27, 2016
Angelberry:
To do what
Nothing
Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by gretblue: 3:34pm On Mar 27, 2016
DavidGodwin:
What is this one saying?
You wouldn't understand what he has just said.Ironically for you his expression was written in English language.
Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by ify84(m): 3:37pm On Mar 27, 2016
DrAda:

The neighbours might just be innocent. Studies have shown that the safest position for babies to be placed on while sleeping is on their backs, not on their sides or face down but on their backs.

www.dailychildhealthtips..com

My wife's mum lie d baby face down when the stomach pain is too much.... 1month old baby.... And the usual baby stomach stress.... Is she wrong?
Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by SPDAZZY(f): 3:38pm On Mar 27, 2016
Angelberry:
OK dear, happy Easter!

Thanks. You too dear. Enjoy!
Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by Phoenixgreen(m): 3:51pm On Mar 27, 2016
Refreshing u r memories xpt it wasn't there before
DavidGodwin:
What is this one saying?
Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by khadijah12(f): 3:57pm On Mar 27, 2016
DavidGodwin:
What is this one saying?

Pls help me I ask
Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by khadijah12(f): 3:58pm On Mar 27, 2016
mindfreaks:
can you Emergin this manners is already sorted out by Islam thousand of years ago ask any Muslim you know on the street he will tell you on your "back". and now someone is calling it the new sleeping way

Lool this one just came to talk off point undecided
Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by EmperorMGI: 4:08pm On Mar 27, 2016
Ok...thanks for the info. BTW,hw can i create a thread on NL?....Abeg make una answer me....Thanks
Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by kenyguy(m): 4:31pm On Mar 27, 2016
Good
Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by DrAda(f): 4:32pm On Mar 27, 2016
ify84:

My wife's mum lie d baby face down when the stomach pain is too much.... 1month old baby.... And the usual baby stomach stress.... Is she wrong?
Sorry for replying late. Been in the kitchen cooking for family. I had no idea my post made front page.. Humbled. So my dear, I will advice that your wife's mom desists from lying the baby face down. I actually learnt this from my mom until it I understood why years later. Your mom in law is not wrong in this context. She is just trying to help perhaps not knowing the implications.
Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by lepacious: 4:33pm On Mar 27, 2016
It depends o. My son had reflux that is throwing up cos of immature digestive system, and sleeping on the back was dangerous. In all we should pray for divine protection for babies.

1 Like

Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by DrAda(f): 4:39pm On Mar 27, 2016
lepacious:
It depends o. My son had reflux that is throwing up cos of immature digestive system, and sleeping on the back was dangerous. In all we should pray for divine protection for babies.
Last week, I had a mom who came with her preterm baby who also spits up her food. Had to reassure her that some babies are happy spitters (please Google this), and will outgrow this with time. As for sleeping positions, lying on the back is not considered dangerous in this situation.
Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by DrAda(f): 4:46pm On Mar 27, 2016
dayoungmoney1:
Nice post
Thank you. There is more if you are interested on dailychildhealthtips..com. I will try though to post more articles on nairaland
Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by DrAda(f): 4:52pm On Mar 27, 2016
timilehing:
Adding 1 or 2 pinshures would have been better

But seriously, pikin wey go die from sleep go die irrespective of sleeping position
I most certainly disagree. I didn't mention the name of the disease condition since I wanted a rather simple laid back style of writing. Please Google Sudden Infant Death Syndrome. It will clear your doubts.
Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by Damsexy18(f): 5:36pm On Mar 27, 2016
ojnnaco:
even in the Bible it killed so it is still possible to kill this days ...
wat are you saying?

1 Like

Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by AreaFada2: 6:39pm On Mar 27, 2016
timilehing:
Adding 1 or 2 pinshures would have been better

But seriously, pikin wey go die from sleep go die irrespective of sleeping position

Wrong. This is the spirituality thing we're talking about.

As a kid, I know area people whose kids had paralysis from polio. Because many did not vaccinate kids against it.

Now, with widespread vaccination, polio is now very rare.

Common precautions based on medical research save millions of lives yearly.

The correct sleeping position for babies is one of them.

1 Like

Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by ify84(m): 6:51pm On Mar 27, 2016
DrAda:
Sorry for replying late. Been in the kitchen cooking for family. I had no idea my post made front page.. Humbled. So my dear, I will advice that your wife's mom desists from lying the baby face down. I actually learnt this from my mom until it I understood why years later. Your mom in law is not wrong in this context. She is just trying to help perhaps not knowing the implications.

Thanks
Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by Sleekyshuga(f): 8:22pm On Mar 27, 2016
My sleeping position that scares everyone happens to be the best for babies adults cheesy.. Nice.
Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by Damseldammie(f): 8:34pm On Mar 27, 2016
Noted . When I have mine, will apply such sleeping position... okwai
Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by Omoluabi16(m): 9:11pm On Mar 27, 2016
Sleekyshuga:
My sleeping position that scares everyone happens to be the best for babies adults cheesy.. Nice.
sweet girl.
Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by madgoat(m): 9:42pm On Mar 27, 2016
skillet:
I believe this because even as an adult, lying on my back guarantees the freeest airways while sleeping. It even reduces snoring.

Oops.....so all ur life and even in d coffin in ur grave u would only av slept on ur back? Wow... Dats really sad.
Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by Omoluabi16(m): 1:43am On Mar 28, 2016
Sleekyshuga:
pls who was the person on NL who duped you? Tell me please
Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by MikeB3(m): 6:24am On Mar 28, 2016
Thank you for the post. In fact, my baby mama use to place my 5 months old son like that (face down) saying it would enhance his sleeping speed BUT I don show am the article and she don read am. Once again thank you for the post, more of it please!
Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by skillet(m): 7:19am On Mar 28, 2016
madgoat:

Oops.....so all ur life and even in d coffin in ur grave u would only av slept on ur back? Wow... Dats really sad.

#wastededucation
Re: Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. by deic9(m): 7:36am On Mar 28, 2016
my Boss sleep only when he sits in his office. I think he might die if he changes his sleep position

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Woman Delivered Of Premature Quadruplets In Kogi State. Photos / Coronavirus: FG Begins Spraying Of Passengers From Volatile Countries / Businessman Attempts To Jump Into Lagos Lagoon Over N.5m Debt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.