Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,671 members, 7,820,354 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

Why All Christians Should Become Catholics - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why All Christians Should Become Catholics (1185 Views)

Christian Dressing: Is There A Model Way Christians Should Dress? / "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis / Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why All Christians Should Become Catholics by OgaInnocent(m): 11:52am On Mar 27, 2016
The reasons why all Christians should become catholics are these:

I had a personal experience: A friend of mine called me an idol worship (as a catholic). When I asked him why, he started enumerating the normal protestants argument - that we worship Mary, worship images, confess sins to human beings etc.

Another friend also told me that Christmas is not christian in nature, that it is a form of idolatory. This is coming from a Jehova witness member, even though I already know before now that so many other Christian denominations buy the idea.

Now today,27th march, 2016, they are all shouting "happy easter"- a celebration of the catholic world. It was catholic church that said that today, 27th march is easter day, and the whole Pentecostal are doing it because according to them , easter is biblical. But when catholic says that 25th December, is Christmas, they say it is idolatry. And they failed to remember that easter is a countdown from Christmas. If Christmas was not celebrated on 25th December, easter would not have been celebrated on march 27.

Easter day is counted by a specific number of weeks or days from Christmas. So if you are celebrating Easter today, march 27,and you are one of those that criticise Christmas and December 25, it means you are confused because being part of easter on march 27, means you are part of Christmas because both are a celebration of the same catholics (idol worshipers) and easter is always a countdown from Christmas.

It is also pertinent to remember that all Christian celebrations observed in the world all over are all done by the catholic church. No other celebration done by another church is recognised in world all over as a Christian celebration.

In view of this please all Christians should become Catholics, let us all sing with one tone, since directly or indirectly we are all dancing to the tone of catholicism.

Spread the good news, our saviour is risen! One United Christianity (John 17:11) is achievable !

OGA Innocent wishes you a happy easter celebration.

http://www.ogainnocent.com/2016/03/reasons-why-all-christians-should.html?m=1
Re: Why All Christians Should Become Catholics by excellencyabia1: 11:57am On Mar 27, 2016
Just this,
Re: Why All Christians Should Become Catholics by OgaInnocent(m): 12:22pm On Mar 27, 2016
excellencyabia1:
Just this,
Yea, just that. As simple as it sounds. As common as it appears. Just this! And we are there!
Re: Why All Christians Should Become Catholics by Majikals(m): 12:28pm On Mar 27, 2016
Catholic being the epicenter of creating most Christian holidays is obviously because of the age of the Catholic Church and the following running into billions of worshippers worldwide. Christianity literally is a combination of Catholics, Anglicans, Pentecostals and all who believe chirst and they have a common ground which is "believe in Jesus as the son of God and being Christ like". Now, I know of Christians who don't even celebrate Easter or Christmas, but still worship God and truthfully try to emulate Christ, they are no less of a Christian than you are.
Now, not everyone believe in
1. Honor of Mary (it's more of a Catholic sided view)
2. Praying loudly n speaking in unknown tongues (it's more a Pentecostal thing)
3. No wearing of earrings ( it's a more deeper life or chosen church doctrine)
THERE'S A COMMON GROUND IN CHRISTIANDOM AND THAT'S SIMPLY BELIEVE IN CHRIST AND TRYING TO LIVE LIKE CHRIST, ANYTHING OUTSIDE THAT IS CHURCH OR DENOMINATIONAL DOCTRINE.
My doctrine is believe in God and being good to my fellow mankind.

Nigerians n Africans at large claim to know God yet we are the home of wickedness and heartlessness towards our fellow human, y is that?
With due respect, everybody can not be a Catholic, just as all the sons of a fisherman may not end up being fishermen

1 Like

Re: Why All Christians Should Become Catholics by OgaInnocent(m): 12:30pm On Mar 27, 2016
By
excellencyabia1:
Just this,

But what were you actually expecting? A document signed by d pope? Or a massive grammar-filled essay that gets d reader bored on first sight?

My dear, God does not appear in "massive winds with thunder" he appears in "gentle and negligible breezes".
Re: Why All Christians Should Become Catholics by OgaInnocent(m): 12:37pm On Mar 27, 2016
Majikals:
Catholic being the epicenter of creating most Christian holidays is obviously because of the age of the Catholic Church and the following running into billions of worshippers worldwide. Christianity literally is a combination of Catholics, Anglicans, Pentecostals and all who believe chirst and they have a common ground which is "believe in Jesus as the son of God and being Christ like". Now, I know of Christians who don't even celebrate Easter or Christmas, but still worship God and truthfully try to emulate Christ, they are no less of a Christian than you are.
Now, not everyone believe in
1. Honor of Mary (it's more of a Catholic sided view)
2. Praying loudly n speaking in unknown tongues (it's more a Pentecostal thing)
3. No wearing of earrings ( it's a more deeper life or chosen church doctrine)
THERE'S A COMMON GROUND IN CHRISTIANDOM AND THAT'S SIMPLY BELIEVE IN CHRIST AND TRYING TO LIVE LIKE CHRIST, ANYTHING OUTSIDE THAT IS CHURCH OR DENOMINATIONAL DOCTRINE.
My doctrine is believe in God and being good to my fellow mankind.

Nigerians n Africans at large claim to know God yet we are the home of wickedness and heartlessness towards our fellow human, y is that?

It because we don't know what we believe in.
U said aright. Yes, d most important thing is that we believe in Jesus. But we still hate, discriminate, disfavour and mock others simply because they are not believing in Jesus under our own church.

Don't you think if we come under one umbrella of catholicism (Just as we have one Islam) ,some things we be better. And we will begin to appreciate d other person.
Re: Why All Christians Should Become Catholics by excellencyabia1: 12:38pm On Mar 27, 2016
If it is just easter and christmas then he need to look another thing because religious celebration to me is not what that makes you a child of God. Because most of them are man made doctrine.
Re: Why All Christians Should Become Catholics by Majikals(m): 12:48pm On Mar 27, 2016
OgaInnocent:

U said aright. Yes, d most important thing is that we believe in Jesus. But we still hate, discriminate, disfavour and mock others simply because they are not believing in Jesus under our own church.

Don't you think if we come under one umbrella of catholicism (Just as we have one Islam) ,some things we be better. And we will begin to appreciate d other person.

The umbrella isn't the problem. The problem is the MAN under the umbrella. The moment we realize it's more important and profitable to expand the church in our souls,, body and spirit than to expand the physical building and assembly of crowd, the better for mankind. IRAN AND UNITED ARAB EMIRATES are under one umbrella of religion, but I guess u know the full story of their unforgiving bitterness towards each other.
Re: Why All Christians Should Become Catholics by Kbeaut(f): 12:54pm On Mar 27, 2016
What does it matter whether you are catholic or Christian? I did not read that anywhere in the bible nor did I see Jesus mention it. It doesn't matter what you claim as long as you follow the word. God sees the intent and motives in our heart, so whether you decide to be Christian or catholic it doesn't matter. We are so focused on labels and holidays, but yet we barely do half the things the bible tells us to. Where ever you feel most comfortable worshipping, you should go.
Re: Why All Christians Should Become Catholics by Kbeaut(f): 1:01pm On Mar 27, 2016
OgaInnocent:

what are you even talking about? Our umbrella is the bible. & to say Islam comes under one is a lie & disrespectful. They have Shia & Sunnis. & many have died due to their constant conflict. Every single religion has different groups under their religion even Judaism. Look it up. Christians & Catholics aren't the only one. Jewish people have Hasidic and non Hasidic Jews, there are also Jewish people who believe in Jesus. & they also fight all the time. Bhuddism also has different groups. All religions do. Read a book!
Re: Why All Christians Should Become Catholics by OgaInnocent(m): 1:06pm On Mar 27, 2016
excellencyabia1:
If it is just easter and christmas then he need to look another thing because religious celebration to me is not what that makes you a child of God. Because most of them are man made doctrine.
That's exactly wat am saying. Most JW members like themselves b/c of one belief. Same with when a chosen sees another chosen. Likewise wen a deeper life sees another deeper.

But when any of theses people see another person of another denomination, eg . a catholic may meeting a JW, there is a kind of unacceptance. Because they see the other grp as unbelievers.

So what makes you a child of God, when you don't accept the other person simpy BC he is a catholic or a Chosen.

And how can we tackle this when we have different churches who are preaching against the other group. Obviously hatred will keep on growing!

Can u be a child of God when you hate a "catholic" or any other group simply because of his belief?

That is why I advocate we tackle this from the root. And what is the root? Diversity of Churches who are antagonizing the other.

I hope u get my point?
Re: Why All Christians Should Become Catholics by OgaInnocent(m): 1:11pm On Mar 27, 2016
Kbeaut:
what are you even talking about? Our umbrella is the bible. & to say Islam comes under one is a lie & disrespectful. They have Shia & Sunnis. & many have died due to their constant conflict. Every single religion has different groups under their religion even Judaism. Look it up. Christians & Catholics aren't the only one. Jewish people have Hasidic and non Hasidic Jews, there are also Jewish people who believe in Jesus. & they also fight all the time. Bhuddism also has different groups. All religions do. Read a book!
That's exactly wat am saying. Most JW members like themselves b/c of one belief. Same with when a chosen sees another chosen. Likewise wen a deeper life sees another deeper.

But when any of theses people see another person of another denomination, eg . a catholic may meeting a JW, there is a kind of unacceptance. Because they see the other grp as unbelievers.

So what makes you a child of God, when you don't accept the other person simpy BC he is a catholic or a Chosen.

And how can we tackle this when we have different churches who are preaching against the other group. Obviously hatred will keep on growing!

Can u be a child of God when you hate a "catholic" or any other group simply because of his belief?

That is why I advocate we tackle this from the root. And what is the root? Diversity of Churches who are antagonizing the other.

I hope u get my point?
Re: Why All Christians Should Become Catholics by OgaInnocent(m): 1:14pm On Mar 27, 2016
Majikals:

The umbrella isn't the problem. The problem is the MAN under the umbrella. The moment we realize it's more important and profitable to expand the church in our souls,, body and spirit than to expand the physical building and assembly of crowd, the better for mankind. IRAN AND UNITED ARAB EMIRATES are under one umbrella of religion, but I guess u know the full story of their unforgiving bitterness towards each other.

I hope u get my point?
Re: Why All Christians Should Become Catholics by Nobody: 1:15pm On Mar 27, 2016
I just heard today for the first time the Pope telling "Angel Michael" to pray for the people. undecided

Plus I was reading how the Vatican is encoded in thousands of free masonry symbolism.
Re: Why All Christians Should Become Catholics by Jeromejnr(m): 1:17pm On Mar 27, 2016
Because you are a Catholic you want all christians to become catholic ( because of festival dates) since you want unity, why can't you also say all christians should become pentecostals or Jehovah witnesses?

Supposing christians all over the world decide to be under pentecostalism, will you also be ready to leave Catholicism so as to bring unity?
Re: Why All Christians Should Become Catholics by OgaInnocent(m): 2:01pm On Mar 27, 2016
Jeromejnr:
Because you are a Catholic you want all christians to become catholic ( because of festival dates) since you want unity, why can't you also say all christians should become pentecostals or Jehovah witnesses?

Supposing christians all over the world decide to be under pentecostalism, will you also be ready to leave Catholicism so as to bring unity?

Catholic is one and universal. Pentecostal is not one. There are thousands of them saying contradicting stuffs. So catholic will serve a better platform of d unification. Hope u got it?

2 Likes

Re: Why All Christians Should Become Catholics by excellencyabia1: 4:55pm On Mar 27, 2016
OgaInnocent:

I hope u get my point?
it is really bad that most called christians are serving God with their lips. How can they show that God is one body. Often i get tired of all the things this so called christians do
Re: Why All Christians Should Become Catholics by AngelJennifer: 5:58pm On Mar 27, 2016
Kbeaut:

Which one is christians & catholic again. Is catholic different from christianity
Re: Why All Christians Should Become Catholics by AngelJennifer: 6:04pm On Mar 27, 2016
Jeromejnr:

anglican or jehovah witness is one, but penticostalism is not; they are always seperating so no one would love to remain under that umbrella as one, as there would be always room for division.
Re: Why All Christians Should Become Catholics by Peritus(m): 8:53pm On Mar 27, 2016
CORRECTION!
Easter is not a countdown from Christmas. Christmas has a specific and static date in Julian Calendar, while Easter is calculated based on the calendar of the church. That is why Easter falls on different dates but not Christmas. I believe that Gregorian calendar is used for the calculation.
The period of Easter is clear in the Bible, but not the time Christ's birth.
Re: Why All Christians Should Become Catholics by asalimpo(m): 12:02pm On Feb 14, 2019
OgaInnocent:
The reasons why all Christians should become catholics are these:

I had a personal experience: A friend of mine called me an idol worship (as a catholic). When I asked him why, he started enumerating the normal protestants argument - that we worship Mary, worship images, confess sins to human beings etc.

Another friend also told me that Christmas is not christian in nature, that it is a form of idolatory. This is coming from a Jehova witness member, even though I already know before now that so many other Christian denominations buy the idea.

Now today,27th march, 2016, they are all shouting "happy easter"- a celebration of the catholic world. It was catholic church that said that today, 27th march is easter day, and the whole Pentecostal are doing it because according to them , easter is biblical. But when catholic says that 25th December, is Christmas, they say it is idolatry. And they failed to remember that easter is a countdown from Christmas. If Christmas was not celebrated on 25th December, easter would not have been celebrated on march 27.

Easter day is counted by a specific number of weeks or days from Christmas. So if you are celebrating Easter today, march 27,and you are one of those that criticise Christmas and December 25, it means you are confused because being part of easter on march 27, means you are part of Christmas because both are a celebration of the same catholics (idol worshipers) and easter is always a countdown from Christmas.

It is also pertinent to remember that all Christian celebrations observed in the world all over are all done by the catholic church. No other celebration done by another church is recognised in world all over as a Christian celebration.

In view of this please all Christians should become Catholics, let us all sing with one tone, since directly or indirectly we are all dancing to the tone of catholicism.

Spread the good news, our saviour is risen! One United Christianity (John 17:11) is achievable !

OGA Innocent wishes you a happy easter celebration.

http://www.ogainnocent.com/2016/03/reasons-why-all-christians-should.html?m=1
Now you r making d appeal gently but a time will come wen it will b without gentility. Worship goddess mary or burn at stake - you apostate- like u ppl did at the inquisition a few centuries ago. Like u did to william tyndale,martin luther etc. Like you did to any1 so much as found with a bible! You should consider LEAVING idolatory (catholicism).
Re: Why All Christians Should Become Catholics by oaroloye(m): 1:43pm On Feb 14, 2019
Do I need to say more than this?

"GOD" to Roman Catholics, is THE COMMUNION WAFER.

Re: Why All Christians Should Become Catholics by TheRevivalist(m): 3:06pm On Feb 14, 2019
I respect your view and am not against it but what do you have to say about the regular accusations of catholic worshiping images and "praying through" mary? I'm not condemning you cos I feel we all have freedom of choice and ought to respect other people's view but again as a pentecostalist that I am, how can you defend what I just said? plus give me scriptural proof of your holidays? Cos I personally believe in HOLYDAYS..so I really don't celebrate any of those (holidays). "why all christians should become catholics" is a nice post but you just have to proof why by clearing your self out on those accusations people and not just pentecostals lay on you guys . I believe and want a ONECHRISTIANITY practice so badly as you do but just as we have to prove ourselvs individually, we also need to clear out most of all these accusations we lay on ourselves so non-christian religions would have nothing against us.

(1) (Reply)

14 Non-religious Reasons Why Birthdays Should Not Be Celebrated / 9 Nigerian Men Of God Due For Retirement / Nigeria Baptist Convention Sunday School Outline Today 2nd July 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.