Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,470 members, 7,816,115 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

14 Non-religious Reasons Why Birthdays Should Not Be Celebrated - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 14 Non-religious Reasons Why Birthdays Should Not Be Celebrated (1183 Views)

Non Religious Believers in god Come Here / Non-Religious Africans, How Easy/Hard Has Dating Been For You? / Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

14 Non-religious Reasons Why Birthdays Should Not Be Celebrated by chemystery: 12:17pm On Jun 26, 2016
I will start by saying it’s not an obligation to celebrate your birthday. You can have a bash on the day you were born but then, you can do it on any other day too. Is that not so?

Let’s take a look at some pretty convincing reasons why birthdays shouldn’t be celebrated.

1. Birthdays mean you have to go on saying ‘Thank You’ all day long
Dozens of WhatsApp messages, phone calls, personal wishes and countless Facebook wall posts to respond with a ‘thank you.’ Gosh!

2. You just have to smile all day, even if you hate faking it

3. It means you will get gifts and be forced to think of a return gift

4. When you will go out for dinner, the whole restaurant will look at you the moment friends start singing the birthday song

5. Your cell phone will ring all day and you will have to pick up each and every call
Not forgetting those that will flash just to say happy birthday when you return the call.

6. Our spouses/bae will be forced to rake up their brains for gift ideas

7. You would have to think of new ways to answer – ‘How old are you now'

8. Our young kids would want to give us gifts. And we would be paying

9. Some nasty friend will not be able to resist the urge to say “You look young for your age”

10. Come to think of it, we torture ourselves with the same routine every year
Dining out and getting drunk. Yes there are other ways of celebrating too, but do you want to handle that pressure?

11. You can save a small fortune by skipping the celebrations. Instead, buy a good gift for yourself
Believe me your friends will be relieved too.

12. You have just completed one more revolution around the sun. And so what?

13. Why celebrate if you know a birthday means you are just nearing the final destination on earth! Silly.

14. If your birthday is important to you, it is to me too. But I free you of any obligation to acknowledge mine. Promise.
Re: 14 Non-religious Reasons Why Birthdays Should Not Be Celebrated by chuxyz(m): 12:37pm On Jun 26, 2016
Hmmmm...osogbo weed at work
Re: 14 Non-religious Reasons Why Birthdays Should Not Be Celebrated by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jun 26, 2016
chuxyz:
A
Re: 14 Non-religious Reasons Why Birthdays Should Not Be Celebrated by Lahotte(m): 1:00pm On Jun 26, 2016
funny tho...
Today is my birthday...
How many likes for me peeps?.

1 Like

Re: 14 Non-religious Reasons Why Birthdays Should Not Be Celebrated by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jun 26, 2016
Lahotte:
funny tho...
Today is my birthday...
How many likes for me peeps?.
happy birthday,how old are u now?
Re: 14 Non-religious Reasons Why Birthdays Should Not Be Celebrated by chemystery: 6:14pm On Jun 26, 2016
chuxyz:
You may say i'm a dreamer, but i'm not the only one. I hope some day you'll join us. And the world will be as one - John Lennon
Re: 14 Non-religious Reasons Why Birthdays Should Not Be Celebrated by Lahotte(m): 11:14pm On Jun 26, 2016
Oyin93:
happy birthday,how old are u now?
I don't think you want to know
Re: 14 Non-religious Reasons Why Birthdays Should Not Be Celebrated by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jun 26, 2016
Lahotte:
I don't think you want to know
lol
Re: 14 Non-religious Reasons Why Birthdays Should Not Be Celebrated by LordZero(m): 11:36pm On Jun 26, 2016
@op you made some good points but different strokes for different folks.
Re: 14 Non-religious Reasons Why Birthdays Should Not Be Celebrated by Lahotte(m): 11:43pm On Jun 26, 2016
Oyin93:
lol
I see you don't want to...

(1) (Reply)

Christians Should Give Reasons For These / Will People Who Have Never Heard Of The Gospel Of Jesus Christ End Up In Hell?? / LUTHER'S REVOLT AGAINST THE CATHOLIC CHURCH: WAS IT WORTH IT?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.