Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,271 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. (57055 Views)

McCaughey Septuplets: Lady Who Gave Birth To 7 Children 21 Years Ago / 53-Year-Old Lady Who Got Married In 2014 Welcomes A Bouncing Baby Boy (Photos) / Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As Unmarried. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. by OBAGADAFFI: 1:18pm On Mar 28, 2016
ExperTrait:
oga.....its obvious you knw nothing abt family law... Orthodox Churches
particularly Anglican, Catholic, Methodist and so on..
you are issued a certificate of marriage which is same
as that issued by the Court registry so you do not
need to do a marriage in the Registry...

All these certificates you mentioned comes from the registry.

Those Churches just made the process easier for their member
Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. by haryomikun(m): 1:23pm On Mar 28, 2016
Omotayor123:

The reasons are obvious my dear Toks2008.
My parent didn't get married in court ; Does that makes my mum single And to think my dad will wake one day and send her packing is imposibility that can never be possible cheesy grin

Besides, court marriage doesn't stop a crazy/unfaithful man from being crazy/unfaithful. It doesn't even stop them from impregnating another woman. 'At worst you will call for divorce'!

The important thing is marrying a good man your bone and flesh, even without any form of marriage, he will cherish and Love you!

Omotayor123 You just brought sentiment into Toks2008's topic.

What she meant with her points,,,,

1. If your father wanted d to leave your mother he would have. Forget say I'm be ur papa. And if ur mum isn't independent then u'd suffer without him paying a dime. U say its impossible... U aren't your dad. U can't control what ur dad sees or feels. So if ur dad leaves ur mum today or sends her away well, she doesn't have any claim as the legal wife. The truth is bitter but its still true.

2. God forbid, if your dad died and your family members from ur father's side decided to seize his properties at the time when u were still young perhaps, well, it'd b legal coz ur mum isn't the official wife by law. Make dem drag to court o or anything, all d properties go end up with the family members. That's the point OP was tryna make.

I wish them more years to their already long lasting marriage though. kiss

Http://Www.TheMchub.com

1 Like

Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. by OBAGADAFFI: 1:23pm On Mar 28, 2016
Sunnynwa:

It's totally different. In this case, the couple are not expected to sign anything and no witness is expected to sign too.

You only have to present passport photographs of the couple and some pictures taken during the traditional marriage ceremony especially the one where the wife is handing over the cup of wine to the husband and when they both kneel before the wife's father for blessing.

Talking from experience.

Bro the certificate is the same, once it is coming from a recognized legal institutions.

Even the certificates issue by Churches are from the same courts and local government.

i.e. Ikeja local government registry

Couple A (traditional) collect certificate days after ceremony at Ikeja local government with prove of traditional marriage

Couple B(church) . Church issues the Ikeja registry certificate .

Couple C ( court). Couple goes to the registry with parent and friends. Sign the nessecary document and collect certificate .

All the same.
Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. by OBAGADAFFI: 1:29pm On Mar 28, 2016
mukhcech:

ON YOUR CLAIM>>>>SOURCE and SNAPSHOT OF THEIR CERTIFICATE
ON YOUR QUESTION>>>>AS ORDAINED BY THE ALMIGHTY GOD.

Em WAITING ON UR CLAIMS TO BE CONFIRMED>

And what claim is he waiting for.

Islamic Marriages are recognized by the Nigerian constitution.

So they are legal. And coupl issued nessecary documents.

You probably haven't been to one before.
Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. by sorepco(m): 1:36pm On Mar 28, 2016
U r lying

Cutehector:
grin toks my brother, there is a register dat couples sign in church on their wedding day, I think it's a court register or smth.. wat hav u to say on that?
Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. by babayinka77(m): 2:00pm On Mar 28, 2016
goodmorning40:
What about protection of the man right what If it is the woman that wake up one day and say she doesn't like his face any more
And what if God's will is for the woman to die first. The most important thing is for God to give one his/her true partner. It's good to have a 'court wedding' but it doesn't guarantee a happy marriage or full protection for the women

1 Like

Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. by urchmanx(m): 2:03pm On Mar 28, 2016
I guess you are just as ignorant as some post I read here. What do you mean that his mom have no legal right to claim her husband things if the man is not alive? We are talking about Nigeria here! Nigeria constitution recognizes and upholds customary marriages. The are at pair with the court marriages.
Whatever you are doing make sure you have a will because in Nigeria judicial system there is always conflict of law. And customary laws most times wins. Lawyers in the house can help educate us about conflict of laws. Back to the op. I am not discouraging anyone. But if you have any type of marriage always have your will written. That is the guaranteed way of protecting your family. Remember once you have traditional and court marriage. You have invited the conflict of law and there will be validity test of the laws between customary and English law and it can go both ways. Only the wise will understand what I have stated.
haryomikun:

Omotayor123 You just brought sentiment into Toks2008's topic.

What she meant with her points,,,,

1. If your father wanted d to leave your mother he would have. Forget say I'm be ur papa. And if ur mum isn't independent then u'd suffer without him paying a dime. U say its impossible... U aren't your dad. U can't control what ur dad sees or feels. So if ur dad leaves ur mum today or sends her away well, she doesn't have any claim as the legal wife. The truth is bitter but its still true.

2. God forbid, if your dad died and your family members from ur father's side decided to seize his properties at the time when u were still young perhaps, well, it'd b legal coz ur mum isn't the official wife by law. Make dem drag to court o or anything, all d properties go end up with the family members. That's the point OP was tryna make.

I wish them more years to their already long lasting marriage though. kiss

Http://Www.TheMchub.com

1 Like

Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. by wexyee: 2:06pm On Mar 28, 2016
ednut1:
op is surely one of those guys wey no fit toast babe
lol u took it straight frm my mouth
Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. by udensib(f): 2:11pm On Mar 28, 2016
Toks2008:
It is no longer news that tradition is the opium of the people and no one is contending that.

But when it comes to marriage,while some believe that without paying of bride price,the man can not be said to be married to a lady and some believe that without the white wedding,a marriage can not be said to have received GOD's blessings.

Well i'm not here to discus on that aspect of marriage and i had to drop this quick one as a result of the mentioned i got on a thread relating to this.

[size=13pt]I am not sorry to write this...

Any married lady who never had a legal wedding otherwise called Court or registry wedding is as good as single.Quote me anywhere in the world.
[/size]

And this is very true for some reasons but i will mention a few.

1. He can not just wake up one day and say he does not like your face again and send you out of your matrimonial home.
2. He dares not marry another wife except he divorces you
3. He must have a valid reason for divorcing you and must be able to convince the court.
4. You have protection under the law for yourself and your child(ren) in case he dies

I can continue to list several other reasons but let me just stop here.If you like, say you trust your husband,he loves you,he can never treat you bad..O.Y.O lo wa.

If you like let the man spend 1billion on your traditional wedding and do a white,blue,green,indigo wedding with a trillion naira. The fact is that these two ceremonies combined with all the money spent is not as binding and constitutional as a simple court wedding with just 4 people in attendance.

Unfortunately we have seen many people getting away with bad acts despite the fact that they had a legal wedding but the reason is because the affected individual usually lets go without putting up a fight due to high cost of legal battle and no thanks to parents and family members who always preach to them that "what is yours will always stay with you" and that they should let go which i see as stories for the gods.

Ladies be wise..as an endangered specie in the cruel world of men,legal wedding was specifically created to protect more of the lady's marital right so take advantage of it or ignore at your own risk.

I will stop here.
Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. by zudozz: 2:14pm On Mar 28, 2016
this person should just post his parents court wedding cert. n then his grand parents. I am sure one of those was nt married according 2 him.
Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. by mukhcech(m): 2:34pm On Mar 28, 2016
Praktikals:

The greatest 'protection' a wife can have in a marriage is the Love of her husband. When love is present, court marriage or no court marriage will not mean much.
Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. by Bimpe29: 2:39pm On Mar 28, 2016
You're totally wrong. What's your definition of marriage?
So our grand parents that married before the emergence of Judicial system and court of laws, were actually unmarried according to you.
Even now, are there courts and registry every where?
Is it a must to be legally married in Islam and Christianity?
If No is your answers to the foregoing, then you're on your own.
Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. by Nina4u(f): 2:43pm On Mar 28, 2016
wahabian:

I'll schedule a flight and we make it happen.
hahaha u go b deported because we not married legally ..u ain't gonna get a visa
Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. by mukhcech(m): 2:43pm On Mar 28, 2016
zudozz:
this person should just post his parents court wedding cert. n then his grand parents. I am sure one of those was nt married according 2 him.
Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. by haryomikun(m): 2:44pm On Mar 28, 2016
urchmanx:
I guess you are just as ignorant as some post I read here. What do you mean that his mom have no legal right to claim her husband things if the man is not alive? We are talking about Nigeria here! Nigeria constitution recognizes and upholds customary marriages. The are at pair with the court marriages.
Whatever you are doing make sure you have a will because in Nigeria judicial system there is always conflict of law. And customary laws most times wins. Lawyers in the house can help educate us about conflict of laws. Back to the op. I am not discouraging anyone. But if you have any type of marriage always have your will written. That is the guaranteed way of protecting your family. Remember once you have traditional and court marriage. You have invited the conflict of law and there will be validity test of the laws between customary and English law and it can go both ways. Only the wise will understand what I have stated.
I understand what u mean with the will thing sir. It's normal. But with the Traditional marriage ish? I dont.... I really and sincerely doubt traditional marriage is recognized in a court of law
Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. by mukhcech(m): 2:44pm On Mar 28, 2016
zudozz:

In other words, He the OP is a BASTARD if he cant provide his parents and grandparent court wedding certificate.
Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. by mukhcech(m): 3:00pm On Mar 28, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

Isn't that the same certificate the Op is talking about?
Read the post you quoted again, i mentioned the court issued certificate .
So what's your argument now.

Read below.

Toks2008:

Any married lady who never had a legal wedding otherwise called Court or registry wedding is as good as single.Quote me anywhere in the world.
[/size]

OBAGADAFFI:

Bro the certificate is the same, once it is coming from a recognized legal institutions.
Even the certificates issue by Churches are from the same courts and local government.
i.e. Ikeja local government registry
Couple A (traditional) collect certificate days after ceremony at Ikeja local government with prove of traditional marriage
Couple B(church) . Church issues the Ikeja registry certificate .
Couple C ( court). Couple goes to the registry with parent and friends. Sign the nessecary document and collect certificate .
All the same.

Oya Comprehend once and for all.

OBAGADAFFI:

And what claim is he waiting for.
Islamic Marriages are recognized by the Nigerian constitution.
So they are legal. And coupl issued nessecary documents.
You probably haven't been to one before.

Islamic Marriage was first recogised by Allah before Nigeria Constitution. Islamic marriage is not made legal by a court esp not a "court of Man" if you need an education on islamic marriage, Pls ask me. lol at the Bolded. Unlike you and the OP. I am happily married and I know what you know not. Court Marriage is null and void in islam because of many reason and one example is the below

Toks2008:

as stated by the OP. Oga Goodnight.
Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. by bedfordng(m): 3:05pm On Mar 28, 2016
Nice info
Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. by urchmanx(m): 3:09pm On Mar 28, 2016
haryomikun:

I understand what u mean with the will thing sir. It's normal. But with the Traditional marriage ish? I dont.... I really and sincerely doubt traditional marriage is recognized in a court of law
Traditional marriages are the first recognized marriage that is recognized in Nigeria. That is why we have customary court.
Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. by Qualer: 3:27pm On Mar 28, 2016
kaziblake:
Meet me in ikoyi registry.

on my way!!!! grin grin grin grin

Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. by Nobody: 3:27pm On Mar 28, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

And who issued the Marriage Certificate.

The court issues the marriage certificate either throug the church, mosque or marriage registey.

That's the only way marriage become legal.

I know you know it all even though you've never done business with the US embassy in your life that revolves around marriage license.

To others, please don't approach USEL with less than court wedding documents.
Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. by tottinova: 3:35pm On Mar 28, 2016
goodmorning40:
What about protection of the man right what If it is the woman that wake up one day and say she doesn't like his face any more

She doesn't like his face anymore is kinda old.

Now a days, they use "I'M NO LONGER DOING"

1 Like

Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. by Haybk(m): 4:17pm On Mar 28, 2016
Omotayor123:
I disagree cry
I love that simple reply!!!
Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. by Omotayor123(f): 4:17pm On Mar 28, 2016
urchmanx:
Tnx dear. The guy is the ignorant one.
Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. by Omotayor123(f): 4:19pm On Mar 28, 2016
pattybf:

why?
Reasons above. Check again cool
Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. by rosalieene(f): 4:37pm On Mar 28, 2016
I love this thumbs up Toks2008
Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. by Nobody: 4:53pm On Mar 28, 2016
Nina4u:
hahaha u go b deported because we not married legally ..u ain't gonna get a visa
Then we travel individually and meet there.
Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. by Nina4u(f): 4:58pm On Mar 28, 2016
wahabian:

Then we travel individually and meet there.
omg don't u get it ? If we only have a traditional wedding u can't even get a visa to travel by u self to the USA ... Non the less if we not legally married u can't stay or live in that country ..so only naija would recognize traditional wedding but the rest of the world does not

1 Like

Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. by OBAGADAFFI: 5:02pm On Mar 28, 2016
mukhcech:

Read below.

Oya Comprehend once and for all.

Islamic Marriage was first recogised by Allah before Nigeria Constitution. Islamic marriage is not made legal by a court esp not a "court of Man" if you need an education on islamic marriage, Pls ask me. lol at the Bolded. Unlike you and the OP. I am happily married and I know what you know not. Court Marriage is null and void in islam because of many reason and one example is the below

as stated by the OP. Oga Goodnight.

At what point did I say Muslim must have court marriage.

You probably forgot that Nigerian constitution your religious law.

That same constitution recognize Islamic marriage which you probably have.

I don't need blowing much trumpet online.
Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. by Nobody: 5:13pm On Mar 28, 2016
Sunnynwa:

The UK accept traditional marriage registration certificate and I believe the US should too. 1st hand info here as per UK.

Comparing two separate countries immigration requirements is a grave danger.

Best of luck on your immigration travels.
Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. by onoja12: 5:29pm On Mar 28, 2016
as your name implies you are foreign minded,so you actually think that foreign laws or school of thinking apply everywhere in the world,now guess what ,that is what i call ignorance

Toks2008:
It is no longer news that tradition is the opium of the people and no one is contending that.

But when it comes to marriage,while some believe that without paying of bride price,the man can not be said to be married to a lady and some believe that without the white wedding,a marriage can not be said to have received GOD's blessings.

Well i'm not here to discus on that aspect of marriage and i had to drop this quick one as a result of the mentioned i got on a thread relating to this.

[/size]

And this is very true for some reasons but i will mention a few.

1. He can not just wake up one day and say he does not like your face again and send you out of your matrimonial home.
3. He must have a valid reason for divorcing you and must be able to convince the court.
4. You have protection under the law for yourself and your child(ren) in case he dies

I can continue to list several other reasons but let me just stop here.If you like, say you trust your husband,he loves you,he can never treat you bad..O.Y.O lo wa.

If you like let the man spend 1billion on your traditional wedding and do a white,blue,green,indigo wedding with a trillion naira. The fact is that these two ceremonies combined with all the money spent is not as binding and constitutional as a simple court wedding with just 4 people in attendance.

Unfortunately we have seen many people getting away with bad acts despite the fact that they had a legal wedding but the reason is because the affected individual usually lets go without putting up a fight due to high cost of legal battle and no thanks to parents and family members who always preach to them that "what is yours will always stay with you" and that they should let go which i see as stories for the gods.

Ladies be wise..as an endangered specie in the cruel world of men,legal wedding was specifically created to protect more of the lady's marital right so take advantage of it or ignore at your own risk.

I will stop here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

This Is How Christmas Is Celebrated In Some Polygamous Homes / "My Wife Secretly Married Another Man, Tried To Poison Me & Sell My Duplex" / American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.