Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,045 members, 7,835,530 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) (29462 Views)

Aishat Alubankudi Called A "Sex Worker" Over Her Throwback Photo / Militants Kill 4 Soldiers In Ekeremor, Bayelsa; Soldiers Invade Community / Soldiers Invade Polling Units In Ondo, Shooting Sporadically Into The Air (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) by Hades2016(m): 10:04am On Mar 28, 2016

Re: Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) by Nobody: 10:04am On Mar 28, 2016
omohayek:
Soldiers have no jurisdiction over civilians, and no legal authority to arrest them, let alone whip them! This is common assault, and all of these soldiers need to be arrested! It says something about how cowed most Nigerians are by the military, and how lacking in awareness of their rights, that nobody has pointed this out until now.

Even more shameful is that quite a few ignorant people are actually cheering the soldiers' actions, simply out of frustration with the power situation. Don't you realize that today it may be the power generation workers, but tomorrow it could be your turn? Soldiers should not be encouraged to take the law into their own hands, whatever the circumstances.

By far the sanest comment on this thread.
Re: Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) by Reference(m): 10:05am On Mar 28, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Seems like everyone is in love with Mr Cane today!

OK....here is what PMB should have done on July 1 2015...

1.Started building five new power stations that can each burn 500MW....that is 2500 MW in total. Completion dates of power stations? At least by 2018.

2.Started fixing the transmission system which is so out of date,one private investor wondered how it had been working all these years back in 2014. Cost of doing that....hundreds of billions of naira per annum. Length of time....at least five years. (And there would even be worse power cuts because most of the grid would have to be taken offline while replacements go on.).

3.New hydroelectric plants. Time for that...four years.

4.Metering the whole of Nigeria...that is doable in one year.

Let's be honest....even if APC had hit the ground running...it would have taken a good ten years before you people would have seen light.

(This is not a defence of APC...just telling it as it is. If GEJ had won...it would have been the same old story).

Oga, all this one na long grammar. Power generation is not rocket science.....okay, I am not Fashola but all our proven installed capacity is say 5,000 megawatts that is 10,000 units of 500 Kva generators. Get down to the UK and commandeer the FG Wilson plant to make them, say 200 units every month. Within the 4 years of the administration you will have doubled the nation's power generating capacity. By the way you can dedicate one of the refineries to exclusively supply diesel or black oil or whatever fuel they need, voila!!. Not rocket science abi.
Re: Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) by johnsonjosbles(m): 10:05am On Mar 28, 2016
stonemasonn:
The idiot Major won't join his mates at sambisa, but will be forming super star to common electricity workers.
pea brain! Shut up, some workers in this countary are imposing more damage than BH! The Major duty is to defend the country threat foreign or domestics, sso the major just caried out his normal routine! Happy floging day to the staf! He sweet me die aas he receive flogging.
Re: Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) by simplynola(m): 10:05am On Mar 28, 2016
Under normal circumstances, light in barracks should be 24hrs but in Nigeria barracks go into blackout which is never good for the security of a nation.
Re: Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) by mkoabiola: 10:07am On Mar 28, 2016
D super abi 3 in 1 minister should also b flogged.
Re: Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) by Dagoma: 10:08am On Mar 28, 2016
Funny zombies!
Why can`t they ask Oga At The Top?
Re: Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) by Reference(m): 10:08am On Mar 28, 2016
simplynola:
Under normal circumstances, light in barracks should be 24hrs but in Nigeria barracks go into blackout which is never good for the security of a nation.

Why should light in the barracks be 24hrs. What is there that makes it necessary ti have 24 hrs power. May we be delivered from the vestages of colonialism induced military rule. What is so special about barracks. Answer.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) by Nobody: 10:08am On Mar 28, 2016
Reference:

Oga, all this one na long grammar. Power generation is not rocket science.....okay, I am not Fashola but all our proven installed capacity is say 5,000 megawatts that is 10,000 units of 500 Kva generators. Get down to the UK and commandeer the FG Wilson plant to make them, say 200 units every month. Within the 4 years of the administration you will have doubled the nation's power generating capacity. By the way you can dedicate one of the refineries to exclusively supply diesel or black oil or whatever fuel they need, voila!!. Not rocket science abi.

For generators...you need fuel to power them. And our refining capacity is not too good at the moment. We have to import over half our fuel needs.

Then there is the transmission system which is oldand disjointed...( which is why some areas get more light than others).

In my opinion...we should be relying on coal, refuse/waste (The Germans do it) ,nuclear, and solar.
Re: Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) by lyndchi(f): 10:11am On Mar 28, 2016
sinkhole:
If it is AEDC in Lafia Nasarawa State, I could have joined the soldiers.
But AEDC Lafia performed miracle around Easter o, from around 12noon on Saturday till about 6:30PM on Sunday electricity was just on cintinuosly but I could not meaningfully used it because I was always thinking that they will soon switch it off

Lolzzzzzz.....I knw dat feeling grin grin
Re: Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) by Nobody: 10:11am On Mar 28, 2016
This electric power people, una own too much.....abeg I support soldiers for this one...koboko dey correct sense, just pray una own don correct
Re: Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) by noblegrex: 10:13am On Mar 28, 2016
I think I like this. Let the beating continues. Beat them all... But wait oo. I think I've got someone as a PDC worker.I just hope she's not on duty anytime the beating is happening.
Re: Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) by hokafor(m): 10:13am On Mar 28, 2016
Lol, they should go and beat fashola. You guys should be on the field looking for a solution for the poor supply of electricity not gossiping in the office .
Re: Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) by SycophanticGoat: 10:15am On Mar 28, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

So...you admit GEJ did nothing good in power?

Good. wink You and Passing shot agree then.

On a more serious note...the magic number is 20000...that is what we need for power 24/7 .

I mean, what happened to the odour oozing out of mumuhammado's armpit? Dies he now take his bath? cheesy grin
Re: Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) by lyndchi(f): 10:15am On Mar 28, 2016
blithe2nice:
Its buhari and all the APC lairs that deserved flogging.Make them go aso rock,if bubu never still travel out.

Lolzzzz.....I like d sound of BUBU n travel out. Wetin u say make him dey do for Naija? If u were in his shoes won't u travel out too? And maybe ur family self go dey go dey come like say na their backyard
Re: Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) by Idamc(m): 10:16am On Mar 28, 2016
This is crude behaviour by the soldiers. This their action will not help the present situation.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) by johnsonjosbles(m): 10:16am On Mar 28, 2016
slyzy:
This is wrong moves by the soldiers because the power workers only supply what is generated.

BTW no one deserves to be physically abused in the course of their duty.
are they consedering that by reducing our estimated bill, has any Nepa giving nigerian good explanation, why we must pay bill even witout light? @least,when power generation drop, they shoul halt the bill as well, so we understand! They will not bring light in some area for 3month, u'l just wake up inside heat one morning to see bill of #20k bill. Infact, I request for more floging nationwide including NNPC staff abeg.
Re: Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) by simplynola(m): 10:17am On Mar 28, 2016
Reference:

Why should light in the barracks be 24hrs. What is there that makes it necessary ti have 24 hrs power. May we be delivered from the vestages of colonialism induced military rule. What is so special about barracks. Answer.

My guy, check the laws guiding security in every nation. Once your barracks is under siege, then the life's of every citizen is in jeopardy. When an enemy attacks a country, they first target your formations otherwise you will retaliate fast. When your barrack is in darkness, it makes it easy for external targets.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) by maryhaam(f): 10:18am On Mar 28, 2016
seunlayi:
This is my best story, I loved this
me too can't stop laughing.
Re: Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) by Rexyl(m): 10:20am On Mar 28, 2016
if soldiers are angry like this over power outage what can ordinary citizens do over numerous problems bedeviling them in the recent times? Foods have increased in prices, fuel is costly and there has been increase in transport fares. Many are struggling to survive and no one seems to come to their aid. May God help the helpless
Re: Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) by ybalogs(m): 10:22am On Mar 28, 2016
Professional hazard
Re: Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) by Nobody: 10:25am On Mar 28, 2016
Very gud! Next is stoning all POLITHIEFCIANS!!
Re: Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) by Krismart(m): 10:29am On Mar 28, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Well....when PDP left in May 2019....generation was at 5000-6000MW....which means that on the average Nigerians can only get 12 hours of light a day.

And then there is the facts that it takes years to build a new power station, or a hydroelectric power plant. Plus we also need to sort out the transmission system.

They can beat all they want....but the problems in our power system cannot be sorted out in just ten months. Or even five years. There is a good reason why we now have DISCOS and GENCOS.....private investments (Including from our pockets too....yes...we have to start paying for light too!).
Bros ur own pass 5G o. You and PDP don pass 2019 sef while we still dey 2016
Re: Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) by doskie(m): 10:30am On Mar 28, 2016
fight back! international observers go put mouth. enough is enough.
Re: Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) by esthel(f): 10:30am On Mar 28, 2016
cheesy grin cheesy but seriously it's not the guy's fault, he's just doing his job, he can only work with whatever is generated. Sorry boda Sunday
Re: Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) by Krismart(m): 10:30am On Mar 28, 2016
Re: Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) by doskie(m): 10:31am On Mar 28, 2016
simplynola:

My guy, check the laws guiding security in every nation. Once your barracks is under siege, then the life's of every citizen is in jeopardy. When an enemy attacks a country, they first target your formations otherwise you will retaliate fast. When your barrack is in darkness, it makes it easy for external targets.
what enemy want to attack soldiers in ibadan?

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) by aleshmotors: 10:32am On Mar 28, 2016
seunlayi:
This is my best story, I loved this but this people should not be the target, I remembered some people chanting change early last year, blaming the then govt of not improving the power sector (despite its explanation about vandals, etc) now that it is over a year that they came to power with the so called ex gov as the power minister who prefers to watch the downward trend of our power generation. My soldiers friend, why can't you direct your grievances at those in power? This man you have beaten had no power to generate, he is like a robot programmed to ration the little megawatts allocated to the area. besides, have you forgotten that there are others who also needs energy which they do pay for unlike you people in the barrack.

Lastly, we need a "dislike" button in this nairaland forum

Ftc- like to show your supports
well done 2 our gallant soldiers,ds make my easther
Re: Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) by yommen: 10:32am On Mar 28, 2016
seunlayi:
This is my best story, I loved this but this people should not be the target, I remembered some people chanting change early last year, blaming the then govt of not improving the power sector (despite its explanation about vandals, etc) now that it is over a year that they came to power with the so called ex gov as the power minister who prefers to watch the downward trend of our power generation. My soldiers friend, why can't you direct your grievances at those in power? This man you have beaten had no power to generate, he is like a robot programmed to ration the little megawatts allocated to the area. besides, have you forgotten that there are others who also needs energy which they do pay for unlike you people in the barrack.

Lastly, we need a "dislike" button in this nairaland forum

Ftc- like to show your supports

I pray that you and your family will suffer for what you know nothing about especially in the course of seeking your daily bread.
Re: Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) by andyanders: 10:35am On Mar 28, 2016
slyzy:
This is wrong moves by the soldiers because the power workers only supply what is generated.

BTW no one deserves to be physically abused in the course of their duty.
My friend, go and sleep or die. Why must you side their inefficiency on this issue. Most of them divert the lights to companies and collect money directly for their own selfishness.
Re: Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) by macaranta(m): 10:40am On Mar 28, 2016
AceRoyal:
1984 tongue
Re: Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) by doskie(m): 10:40am On Mar 28, 2016
omohayek:
Soldiers have no jurisdiction over civilians, and no legal authority to arrest them, let alone whip them! This is common assault, and all of these soldiers need to be arrested! It says something about how cowed most Nigerians are by the military, and how lacking in awareness of their rights, that nobody has pointed this out until now.

Even more shameful is that quite a few ignorant people are actually cheering the soldiers' actions, simply out of frustration with the power situation. Don't you realize that today it may be the power generation workers, but tomorrow it could be your turn? Soldiers should not be encouraged to take the law into their own hands, whatever the circumstances.
its time the ordinary civilians took up arms and defend theif own against oppression by soldiers. when there is a civil disorder between civillians and soldiers in many quarters across the country, the military will be forced to warn and ensure the rights of Nigerians. this intimidation has endured for too long. there are two ways people ask for their right according to nicolo machiavelli. by law( human) or by force(animal). but since the demand for justice by law has proved ineffective, one may then have recourse to demand justice by use of force. The Italian say that "virtue against fury shall advance the fight, and very soon shall he that aileth be put to flight".

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police Arrests 21 INEC Officials, Recovers Bribe Monies Given To Them By Wike / Arewa Joint Committee: What Atiku Said In Kaduna Today / Nigerian Air Force Displays New Aircraft (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.