Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,055 members, 7,835,573 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) (29463 Views)

Aishat Alubankudi Called A "Sex Worker" Over Her Throwback Photo / Militants Kill 4 Soldiers In Ekeremor, Bayelsa; Soldiers Invade Community / Soldiers Invade Polling Units In Ondo, Shooting Sporadically Into The Air (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) by ManTiger(m): 10:47am On Mar 28, 2016
CC: Amnesty International.
Re: Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) by Raydos: 10:47am On Mar 28, 2016
Thumbs Up For Nigerian Soldiers

I Must Commend You For Doing A Great Job grin grin

But Let Be Frank, PHCN Are Very Wicked - Whenever They Need Money They'll Leave The Light On For Days To The Extent That You'll Even Be Wondering If You're In Nigeria Or America, Cos The Light Will Be Stable

But After Collecting The Money That's The End!

Back To Total Blackout, You'll Now Realize That You're Still In Nigeria And Not America!

Awọn Oloriburuku Oshi

Ẹ Ba Mi Fi Lilu Ba Aye Wọn Jẹ
Re: Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) by Jaymaestro(m): 10:51am On Mar 28, 2016
thank goodness... me always have light here. dunno how!
Re: Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) by yommen: 10:54am On Mar 28, 2016
Quakertellicus1:
The soldiers can beat up everyone in Ibadan DISCO....but the issue is that a problem which has been cooking since the 1970's is a problem that won't be solved immediately.

Even if PMB had started building power stations in July 2015.....they would have still been under construction now.

You are the only forward - thinking person I see today.
Re: Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) by Reference(m): 11:07am On Mar 28, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

For generators...you need fuel to power them. And our refining capacity is not too good at the moment. We have to import over half our fuel needs.

Then there is the transmission system which is oldand disjointed...( which is why some areas get more light than others).

In my opinion...we should be relying on coal, refuse/waste (The Germans do it) ,nuclear, and solar.

True. I was not proposing anything serious. Just thinking out loud in view of the 'rocket science' thingy. That indeed immediate solutions don't have to come out of this world (no pun intended). Our present generation capacity is so low, quite frankly it can be matched by diesel generating plants. Indeed I don't know of any developed economy both past and present that didn't set its industrial base in place with any other energy source other than coal. This was true for the US, all of Europe and is now true for China and India. Coal remains the poor man's choice and route to power. When you have your industries up and running and your economy firmly founded then you can begin to think of more exotic fuels such as gas and nuclear and join the hypocritical club of those saving the planet by investing in green. Poor peoples and nations donot start at the top.

Speaking of transmission challenges, I have always voted in favour of smaller independent plants located within or near the point of use. This not only saves on costly transmission infrastructure but strengthens the system against total grid shutdowns. If power generation can be brought to the levels of say local governments you can operate at the distribution levels and cut out most of the 33kva (high tension) infrastructure. It is more wasteful but more resillient and will create a culture of responsibility amongst customers who steal power, donot pay bills yet blame some organization far away they are not in touch with.

I feel the power sector even with privatisation remains too rigid, too unwieldy and there are just not enough players to make a real difference. That Cross-Rivers for instance is under Portharcourt Electricity Distribution Company is just ridiculous. That's a six hour drive in some parts and comletely out of touch in a business where knowing your customer is even more important than in the communication industry.
Re: Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) by Themandator: 11:11am On Mar 28, 2016
sinkhole:
If it is AEDC in Lafia Nasarawa State, I could have joined the soldiers.
But AEDC Lafia performed miracle around Easter o, from around 12noon on Saturday till about 6:30PM on Sunday electricity was just on cintinuosly but I could not meaningfully used it because I was always thinking that they will soon switch it off

You made me laugh out loud.....you could not use it because you don't trust it to last
Re: Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) by Majesty82(m): 11:12am On Mar 28, 2016
This is Change that we prayed for, soldiers should please extend their power generating horse whip to ENUGU EDC PLEASE.
Re: Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) by Nobody: 11:12am On Mar 28, 2016
Reference:

Why should light in the barracks be 24hrs. What is there that makes it necessary ti have 24 hrs power. May we be delivered from the vestages of colonialism induced military rule. What is so special about barracks. Answer.

My brother help me ask am.
The average barracks looks like a rubbish dump.
The few decent ones among them would prefer to rent house outside the barracks for their families than have them stay in that pig sty
Re: Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) by Reference(m): 11:21am On Mar 28, 2016
simplynola:

My guy, check the laws guiding security in every nation. Once your barracks is under siege, then the life's of every citizen is in jeopardy. When an enemy attacks a country, they first target your formations otherwise you will retaliate fast. When your barrack is in darkness, it makes it easy for external targets.

So in your opinion electricity in the barracks is the difference between saving a nation from external aggression and losing a nation. Then soldiers fighting in the bush at the front have constant electricity abi. The question is, what exactly do soldiers use electricity for that makes 24hrs power at the expense of the nation in general so critical. Because I have served in the army and I have lived in several barracks in my life time from training to deployment and I can tell you one thing, when a formation is under attack, the last thing you want is light, whether by air or ground. It will pin point your position to everything but night optics. Most military equipment I know are built to be field operational, that is they have independent power to run their computers, their tactical boards and their equipment whether radars, radios, missiles and guns. Soldiers are trained to adapt and operate in challenging environments and thrive where most others cannot. At least the soldiers of my day. My first unit was not even connected to the grid.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) by Themandator: 11:22am On Mar 28, 2016
passionate88:
Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, my brother man you try. See as Nigeria don scatter since you leave, people don dey kidnap s whole major of Nigerian army, states elections inconclusive, now the ministers are to be blamed and the person that took 6 good months to appoint them is exempted, boko haram now behead female soldiers, our presidiot will soon remix the hit song walk walk walk walk walk with rihanna, their children are employed by the CBN while we are advised to be entrepreneurs, Mr.Jonathan, you try no be small. The president even confess that he's a. FAILURE.

A colnel was kidnapped not major and he is more than a major and lieutenant colnel.... a state governor during the military regime
Re: Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) by sinkhole: 11:27am On Mar 28, 2016
Themandator:

You made me laugh out loud.....you could not use it because you don't trust it to last
I am telling you. Unfortunately, it lasted for more than 24hours!
Re: Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) by DifferentBoy1(m): 11:31am On Mar 28, 2016
O.K Chinda,making Elelenwo proud as a rep. at federal level.......we deh get at least 16hours light a day.....there was once,last year that we had light for 2weeks,three days without a blink........u 2much
Re: Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) by fF01(m): 11:32am On Mar 28, 2016
una neva halla!
Re: Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) by Niyinficient(m): 11:36am On Mar 28, 2016
Every sojo dat won't stop oppressing innocent and peaceful civilians...may dey b posted to Borno and faced 'fieriest' Boko boys in action!

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) by Themandator: 11:48am On Mar 28, 2016
New grid are been built.....the one in Calabar was built during Jonathan regime and it did not lead to incessant power cut because it is entirely new ....it is not removing old wires,the mast were constructed on site and after all connection they went to do the transfer of the power. You can still comeand see both lines stand side by side..
Quakertellicus1:

Seems like everyone is in love with Mr Cane today!

OK....here is what PMB should have done on July 1 2015...

2.Started fixing the transmission system which is so out of date,one private investor wondered how it had been working all these years back in 2014. Cost of doing that....hundreds of billions of naira per annum. Length of time....at least five years. (And there would even be worse power cuts because most of the grid would have to be taken offline while replacements go on.).

3.New hydroelectric plants. Time for that...four years.

4.Metering the whole of Nigeria...that is doable in one year.

Let's be honest....even if APC had hit the ground running...it would have taken a good ten years before you people would have seen light.

(This is not a defence of APC...just telling it as it is. If GEJ had won...it would have been the same old story).

Re: Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) by AlanSugar(m): 11:50am On Mar 28, 2016
That flogging I'm seeing there is not enough for any "nepa" official! I'm not against thier several hours of no power afterall we are all used to it but the criminal and unjustified bills they dole out to thier unmetered customers should carry nothing but death sentence! For those of you who feel I'm being extreme in my judgment, try being unemployed and source funds from wherever, to "settle" these rogues, within a short period of time you'll realise you've just ceased to exist! So its better to kill them first!
Re: Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) by slyzy(m): 11:50am On Mar 28, 2016
andyanders:

My friend, go and sleep or die. Why must you side their inefficiency on this issue. Most of them divert the lights to companies and collect money directly for their own selfishness.

Just imagine a young graduate who takes up a job with "NEPA" who works base on instruction of the senior staff only to be beaten by soldiers for what is beyond his ability to improve leaving him with permanent scar if he is unlucky. Would u like such to happen to u or ur brother?

I am not siding NEPA but what is wrong is wrong

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) by aprokomania(m): 11:55am On Mar 28, 2016
I like the last part where Major Musa said "if you want more information come to the barracks" the reporter be like... egbon soldier I no do reporter work again.
Re: Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) by contra(m): 11:58am On Mar 28, 2016
"Major Musa,...
He said, “All the information is false. You can
come to the barracks to get the correct
information.” "

you don't want to go there.
Re: Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) by stonemasonn: 12:07pm On Mar 28, 2016
johnsonjosbles:
pea brain! Shut up, some workers in this countary are imposing more damage than BH! The Major duty is to defend the country threat foreign or domestics, sso the major just caried out his normal routine! Happy floging day to the staf! He sweet me die aas he receive flogging.
One day you will be flogged like that worker.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) by AlanSugar(m): 12:10pm On Mar 28, 2016
slyzy:

Just imagine a young graduate who takes up a job with "NEPA" who works base on instruction of the senior staff only to be beaten by soldiers for what is beyond his ability to improve leaving him with permanent scar if he is unlucky. Would u like such to happen to u or ur brother?

Young graduate my foot! How long will it take before he becomes an old graduate of thievery within that rotten "nepa" shitstem?!
Re: Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) by Uncletony(m): 12:29pm On Mar 28, 2016
asuustrike2009:
Why don't they beat up politicians ? Foolish set soldiers.

Which politician should they beat?..name them or forever remain silent.!. ''change ko, chain sure!!
Re: Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) by Uncletony(m): 12:32pm On Mar 28, 2016
yommen:

You are the only forward - thinking person I see today.

Story!!. Zombies are special breed. Backward thinkers,
Re: Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) by johnsonjosbles(m): 12:41pm On Mar 28, 2016
stonemasonn:
One day you will be flogged like that worker.
I'v bn floged many times, more than that, so u don't need that bro
Re: Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) by Leke001: 12:50pm On Mar 28, 2016
so everything now na by force...including light...hmmmn?
Re: Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) by andyanders: 12:54pm On Mar 28, 2016
slyzy:

My brother, listen, I personally refurbished a faulty transformer that was bad when I built a house. Could you imagine that after some months, the transformer was vandalized. Note that the said transformer was vandalized by same staff that fixed it. They divert light to companies and be collecting money from them because those companies cannot operate on generators.These guys with their managers are wicked because they only think about their personal pockets and not the common man.I had to write a personal letter and the manager of the station was removed.

Beating those guys is the best option because we Nigerians are selfish and too corrupt.
Re: Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) by Ghost447(m): 12:55pm On Mar 28, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Well....when PDP left in May 2019....generation was at 5000-6000MW....which means that on the average Nigerians can only get 12 hours of light a day.

And then there is the facts that it takes years to build a new power station, or a hydroelectric power plant. Plus we also need to sort out the transmission system.

They can beat all they want....but the problems in our power system cannot be sorted out in just ten months. Or even five years. There is a good reason why we now have DISCOS and GENCOS.....private investments (Including from our pockets too....yes...[s]we have to start paying for light too!).
[/s] "we" or "you"? I pay for the electricity I consume, if you're not paying for yours, please start immediately.
Re: Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) by refreshrate: 1:00pm On Mar 28, 2016
This is why i will always love soldiers...well except one like dis that has gap tooth & only nepa bill as credential.

More soldiers should visit more of these stations and deliver similar treatments to all their staff.

[size=15pt]I fully support this i swear [/size]
Re: Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) by lordmans(m): 1:08pm On Mar 28, 2016
asuustrike2009:
Why don't they beat up politicians ? Foolish set soldiers.

Think well before u call soldiers foolish. Maybe u dont know dey feel d brunt harder dan any of. Utility bills ie power, accomodatn, water supply, waste disposal are being deducted direct from dere salaries before dey got dem. For a private soldier its abt #16,000, n d higher ur rank d higher d cut cos its a fixed percentage of ur take home pay.

Dat private is supposed to live in a room n parlor self-contained bt u see dem bn choked in lesser apartmt. He will nt get d light, he has to buy a none existent fuel from his meager pay, dispose his sewage n refuse himself n he cant complain?

He leaves his family to be chasing terrorist in dangerous n mosquitoe-invested terrain n d useless power ppl cannot giv dem light. Security wise is barrack supposed to be without power?

In my area its bn a weeklong blackout without explanation. Bt d stupid power worker said dey petitioned d high command of d military. What abt d foodstuffs in d soldiers freezers, dey could get rotten without dem petitioning d power ppl cos dey are nt human?
What abt d light dey need to iron dere uniforms so dey could turn out smart? They cant complain? When civilians misbehaved to soldiers n d soldier retaliated in a case of two fighting dey run down crying foul.

The soldiers are d endangered specie here. Until wen Nigerian can start suing d arse of power bastards for non performance dat sector will never improve.

Abegi, dey deserve wot dey got joor!
Re: Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) by RaptorX: 1:26pm On Mar 28, 2016
Too many senseless i.diots in this country, justifying the brutality meted out to this man by some senseless soldiers because of high electricity bills or inadequate power supply. You are foolish beyond redemption... so it's this low level worker that is responsible for your failure of a country inability to generate more than 3000MW 55 years after independence? You bastards deserve all the suffering you are going through and may the same soldiers flog you senseless next time you run into them.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) by franklynsunny(m): 1:51pm On Mar 28, 2016
Dis is same story of a reporter who address 2 men fighting n only d reporter was arrested wrongly in Nigeria dat we ve no right to oursef...US marshal can't dare try dis on d street of USA,dis is hw bad our situation can looook like wen we blame chibok gals for boko haram attracks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Air Force Displays New Aircraft (video) / Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC / Peter Esele: Oshiomhole's Utterances, Huge Embarrassment To Nigeria, APC

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.