Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,329 members, 7,819,131 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

1960: Were We Ready For Independence? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 1960: Were We Ready For Independence? (8087 Views)

Poll: Were we ready?

Yes: 14% (8 votes)
No: 85% (46 votes)
This poll has ended

2015 Elections, Are We Ready And Is Jonathan Really Worth Been Voted For?? / Photos: Nigerian Heads Of State From Independence Till Date (1960-2014) / NL Political Dialogue Nov 2012: STATE POLICE - ARE WE READY FOR IT? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1960: Were We Ready For Independence? by akigbemaru: 6:55pm On Jul 30, 2009
sjeezy8:

@okokomeji lol natural comedian

dont mind them LOL they want to either take or clame all of Nigeria, but still want their own country lol
Na so my brother! I am tired of Igbos antic nowadays.
Re: 1960: Were We Ready For Independence? by samparian(m): 10:03am On Aug 03, 2009
Despite the name callings and mud slinging, i'm learning a lot from this. grin
Re: 1960: Were We Ready For Independence? by Onlytruth(m): 11:59pm On Aug 03, 2009
samparian:

You are right. I came to this site a "Nigerian", but I can assure you now that I'm BY FAR a Biafran. Nothing helps build a country like information and communication. In fact I would recommend this site to all Nigerians because they need to see how vast and far apart their opinions of nationhood differ, and I bet you, that is how it is in Nigeria (though unspoken). There are people here who believe with all their hearts, that it is normal to support shoot at sights, genocide and all things repulsive to the sensibilities of a decent human being. Yet (as long as they are not on the receiving end), they swear they are your compatriots!
Re: 1960: Were We Ready For Independence? by Fhemmmy: 4:48pm On Aug 04, 2009
samparian:

very true.
Re: 1960: Were We Ready For Independence? by akigbemaru: 4:16am On Aug 07, 2009
Onlytruth:

You are right. I came to this site a "Nigerian", but I can assure you now that I'm BY FAR a Biafran. Nothing helps build a country like information and communication. In fact I would recommend this site to all Nigerians because they need to see how vast and far apart their opinions of nationhood differ, and I bet you, that is how it is in Nigeria (though unspoken). There are people here who believe with all their hearts, that it is normal to support shoot at sights, genocide and all things repulsive to the sensibilities of a decent human being. Yet (as long as they are not on the receiving end), they swear they are your compatriots!

Onlytruth or Ikeaman00 (I know you recently changed to Onlytruth in July/09/2009).

I may say your insincerty makes you feel betrayed. If you want seccession, it's has to be a collective agreement of other tribes and all Nigerians. If you spew your hatred again like you did with your Ikeaman00 ID (where you had more than 3,500 comments full of slurs and expletives about Yoruba, Hausa and other minority groups) you will always lose.
Mind you again, it's not every sensitive topic you come across you may have to reply and show your hatred. Even your Biafran man said they won the battle, he said it was like a fight between David and Goliayat.
Just don't let greediness kill you people. When other groups from the East see this trait in Biafrans they tend to keep you guys at arm length.
To my surprise, a year after British announced they had discovered oil in Imo state was when OJUKWU decleared his seccesinst Biafran war.
Re: 1960: Were We Ready For Independence? by Onlytruth(m): 4:27am On Aug 07, 2009
akigbemaru:

Onlytruth or Ikeaman00 (I know you recently changed to Onlytruth in July/09/2009).

I may say your insincerty makes you feel betrayed. If you want seccession, it's has to be a collective agreement of other tribes and all Nigerians. If you spew your hatred again like you did with your Ikeaman00 ID (where you had more than 3,500 comments full of slurs and expletives about Yoruba, Hausa and other minority groups) you will always lose.
Mind you again, it's not every sensitive topic you come across you may have to reply and show your hatred. Even your Biafran man said they won the battle, he said it was like a fight between David and Goliayat.
Just don't let greediness kill you people. When other groups from the East see this trait in Biafrans they tend to keep you guys at arm length.
To my surprise, a year after British announced they had discovered oil in Imo state was when OJUKWU decleared his seccesinst Biafran war.

Which year was oil first discovered in Imo? Just curious.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Umaru Badami Is Dead! Governor Fintiri Father Dies / Edo High Court Restrains LP From Suspending Julius Abure, Other Party EXCOs / Osun APC, PDP Trade Words Over Adeleke’s Performance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.