Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,985 members, 7,825,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Nigerian Commentators Should Keep Commenting On Our Serious Matches - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian Commentators Should Keep Commenting On Our Serious Matches (10475 Views)

World Cup 2018: Referees For Quarter-Final Matches Revealed! / 5 Important Health Tips When Watching Nigeria World Cup Matches / Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Commentators Should Keep Commenting On Our Serious Matches by Nobody: 4:36pm On Mar 28, 2016
sammydemperor:

I thought as much... I graduated from there last year, i studied Electrical Electronics Engineering, don't be ashamed tell us what you are studying to prove me wrong and your current level

[It just goes to show that one can tell all about you from your countenance... Which is very bad, you are just too predictable
How am I sure you are not a sophist?

You prognosticate me to acquiesce to your conjecture averment of being an alumni of Uniben?

Sorry, I am not that suasible.
Re: Nigerian Commentators Should Keep Commenting On Our Serious Matches by Nobody: 4:44pm On Mar 28, 2016
blueto:

How am I sure you are not a sophist?

You prognosticate me to acquiesce to your conjecture averment of being an alumni of Uniben?

Sorry, I am not that suasible.
Lol...

Young boy you are obviously ashamed to mention what you study, anyways i will leave you be because you are unworthy of my time, If not for the public holidays and the continous postponement of camp date by nysc i wouldnt be here talkin with an ill-bred

Like i said face your studies and don't ever quote this moniker again in your life till you get a degree and become useful to your parents until then go to as many night classes as you can, go early to lectures, avoid sitting in love gutter all evening impressing those girls with your wealth of grammar, go to fellowship and make house of cards and game of thrones the only seasonal movies you follow

Adeus
Re: Nigerian Commentators Should Keep Commenting On Our Serious Matches by Eeroh95(m): 4:50pm On Mar 28, 2016
Mtcheww........thinking of iya jesu food Who commentary don help?
Re: Nigerian Commentators Should Keep Commenting On Our Serious Matches by Nobody: 4:54pm On Mar 28, 2016
why are you so eager to descry and elicit me to disclose my course of study?

Okay. I am from the Dept of Public Administration. And I believe it is not an “irrelevant” course as you incipiently stated. Are you now gratified to ascertain my course of study? anymore berating comments?.
sammydemperor:

Lol...

Young boy you are obviously ashamed to mention what you study, anyways i will leave you be because you are unworthy of my time, If not for the public holidays and the continous postponement of camp date by nysc i wouldnt be here talkin with an ill-bred

Like i said face your studies and don't ever quote this moniker again in your life till you get a degree and become useful to your parents until then go to as many night classes as you can, go early to lectures, avoid sitting in love gutter all evening impressing those girls with your wealth of grammar, go to fellowship and make house of cards and game of thrones the only seasonal movies you follow

Adeus
Re: Nigerian Commentators Should Keep Commenting On Our Serious Matches by LanrexBaba(m): 4:59pm On Mar 28, 2016
Some Nigerian commentators can make you have heart attack ehn.... It is a gooooal and over the bar.. grin.
Re: Nigerian Commentators Should Keep Commenting On Our Serious Matches by pek(m): 5:20pm On Mar 28, 2016
blueto:

You inability to encompass is ominous to you.

The two points I countered were the points raised by the formal OP .
What is it with Yoruba and formal? Instead of former they say/use formal.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commentators Should Keep Commenting On Our Serious Matches by Oluwaseytiano(m): 5:23pm On Mar 28, 2016
Commentaries are very important. What's that feeling when you hear Jon champion and Jim beglin on pes or ian mackennelly of FIFA?
Re: Nigerian Commentators Should Keep Commenting On Our Serious Matches by Nobody: 5:28pm On Mar 28, 2016
pek:
What is it with Yoruba and formal? Instead of former they say/use formal.

Oops! thanks for accentuating the solecism. but I am not from Yoruba sha wink .
Re: Nigerian Commentators Should Keep Commenting On Our Serious Matches by Drabrah(m): 5:52pm On Mar 28, 2016
Well, dunno abt d previous post buh judging by the commentary of the Kaduna AFCON Qualifier Match, it's a capital NO for 9ja commentators. The pidgin commentary on Raypower was a hit though. In fact, we gat mute d TV & switch allegiance to pidgin commentary on radio.
Re: Nigerian Commentators Should Keep Commenting On Our Serious Matches by coolbreeze44: 6:08pm On Mar 28, 2016
SirLewis:
You just wrote an unnecessarily long prolix that's completely op(out of point). I read carefully the thread you claim to be countering and i did not find any part where the op claimed our local commentaries should be discontinued, he only compared it with foreign commentaries and gave a good example to support his claims that local commentators should polish themselves. You just grabbed the nearest dictionary and jumped on the wagon to defend home without any fuel. Next time when you attempt to counter a thread, make sure you have good understanding of the claims you intend to counter and give valid reasons to support your dissenting opinion. And lest I forget, being verbose with the use of vocabulary is not a good way to communicate, it neither makes you appear "smart or intelligent" on the contrary you make yourself an object of laughter especially when the opinion you're trying to pass makes no sense. If by chance you're a newly admitted law student still passing through the phase of euphoria and pride, step down from your high horse because being a lawyer is not simply about churning out every word in the dictionary as you'll soon find out for yourself.
I never knew we have lecturers on this forum. This is serious 'washing'. I hope the OP takes to your advice, 'big grammer' is nothing, ability to communicate effectively is what matter most. That is why I have no iota of respect for Patrick Obahiagbon even though he is my kinsman.
Re: Nigerian Commentators Should Keep Commenting On Our Serious Matches by TerrorSquad(m): 8:29pm On Mar 28, 2016
What of those commentators on Bein Sports?
Re: Nigerian Commentators Should Keep Commenting On Our Serious Matches by Ohibenemma(m): 10:13pm On Mar 28, 2016
One fact I've discovered over time is that humans love to hate their own; or why does it usually appear like your friends tend to appreciate your #babe more than you do and give you 1001 reasons why your 500 reasons for wanting to do away with her are grossly insufficient?

Being a religious follower of Football365, I have come across many similar articles written by #them-them, criticizing the monotony of pattern and boring mannerisms of some of their commentators. Do we observe such? No! We Go Just Dey Enjoy Am Dey Go cos it's foreign.

Having said that, we must not glorify mediocrity because it comes from one of OURS...If E No Good, E No Good!

Our commentators must get better, or give it up. Sometimes, one is forced to put his TV on mute, so he won't be distracted by dull, uninformed and boring commentaries.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Commentators Should Keep Commenting On Our Serious Matches by princemi(m): 12:33am On Mar 29, 2016
SirLewis:
You just wrote an unnecessarily long prolix that's completely op(out of point). I read carefully the thread you claim to be countering and i did not find any part where the op claimed our local commentaries should be discontinued, he only compared it with foreign commentaries and gave a good example to support his claims that local commentators should polish themselves. You just grabbed the nearest dictionary and jumped on the wagon to defend home without any fuel. Next time when you attempt to counter a thread, make sure you have good understanding of the claims you intend to counter and give valid reasons to support your dissenting opinion. And lest I forget, being verbose with the use of vocabulary is not a good way to communicate, it neither makes you appear "smart or intelligent" on the contrary you make yourself an object of laughter especially when the opinion you're trying to pass makes no sense. If by chance you're a newly admitted law student still passing through the phase of euphoria and pride, step down from your high horse because being a lawyer is not simply about churning out every word in the dictionary as you'll soon find out for yourself.

give this man a medal!
Re: Nigerian Commentators Should Keep Commenting On Our Serious Matches by princemi(m): 12:35am On Mar 29, 2016
blueto:
The essence of this thread is to dissenter and refute the points raised by the Original Poster(OP) of this thread https://www.nairaland.com/3011016/why-nigerian-commentators-should-not , of why he believes and assents that Nigerian commentators should be barred from commenting during our international matches.

I want to use this medium to beseech the OP and Nigerians with similar mindsets to jettison Xenocentrism (the belief that products, styles, or ideas of one's country or society is inferior to those that are practised and originated elsewhere). This is why most Nigerians prefer the “alluring” commodities, ideologies and culture of foreigners above theirs.

The two points stated by the OP as to why he maintains the belief that Nigerian commentators should be thwarted from commenting are: The case of them being Subjective in their approach, and the display of incompetence and anomia (difficulty in finding the correct word to use).

The issue of them being subjective is universal, even the European commentators are also culpable of such attempt. I watched the Champions League Final between Chelsea and Bayern Munich and the commentators were obviously expressing their supports for the English team(Chelsea) by saying “Yes! Yes!! Yes!!!” anytime a Chelsea player scored during their penalty shoot out, since the full-time failed to produce the winner. If the British could not reprimand their commentators for being bias and subjective, then why should we reprimand ours?
You can watch the highlight here to answer for all skepticisms and inquisitions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xibKxX9iS5E .

The issue of them display incompetence can be resolve via formulating policies such establishing a vocational institute for out current and potential commentators to acquire assiduous training on commenting exercise.

They should ditch the mindset of appointing commentators base on their ability of to talk much, and being profound in Sports. They should be thought and made to imbibe the valid mechanisms of commenting.

Here is an encouraging comment from a Nairalander:

Condemning ourselves is not a prerequisite for maintaining development.

Dear reposter,

I am the OP you're countering. Haven read your work, I'll sincerely tell you it's a total waste of time and thread.

As much as i could slay you in a counter-counter thread, i am not willing to waste resources on you.

if the support of mediocrity and gross unprofessionalism is jettison Xenocentrism, then you my friend are a hypocrite. Jettisson xenocentrism my foot...

Just so you know i got additional traffic and likes after you counter thread meaning you made little or no impact with your unnecessary use of grammar.

Please heed to this guy's advice;

SirLewis:
blueto:
The essence of this thread is to dissenter and refute the points raised by the Original Poster(OP) of this thread https://www.nairaland.com/3011016/why-nigerian-commentators-should-not , of why he believes and assents that Nigerian commentators should be barred from commenting during our international matches.

I want to use this medium to beseech the OP and Nigerians with similar mindsets to jettison Xenocentrism (the belief that products, styles, or ideas of one's country or society is inferior to those that are practised and originated elsewhere). This is why most Nigerians prefer the “alluring” commodities, ideologies and culture of foreigners above theirs.

The two points stated by the OP as to why he maintains the belief that Nigerian commentators should be thwarted from commenting are: The case of them being Subjective in their approach, and the display of incompetence and anomia (difficulty in finding the correct word to use).

The issue of them being subjective is universal, even the European commentators are also culpable of such attempt. I watched the Champions League Final between Chelsea and Bayern Munich and the commentators were obviously expressing their supports for the English team(Chelsea) by saying “Yes! Yes!! Yes!!!” anytime a Chelsea player scored during their penalty shoot out, since the full-time failed to produce the winner. If the British could not reprimand their commentators for being bias and subjective, then why should we reprimand ours?
You can watch the highlight here to answer for all skepticisms and inquisitions:

The issue of them display incompetence can be resolve via formulating policies such establishing a vocational institute for out current and potential commentators to acquire assiduous training on commenting exercise.

They should ditch the mindset of appointing commentators base on their ability of to talk much, and being profound in Sports. They should be thought and made to imbibe the valid mechanisms of commenting.

Dear reposter,

I am the OP you're countering. Haven read your work, I'll sincerely tell you it's a total waste of time and thread.

As much as i could slay you in a counter-counter thread, i am not willing to waste resources on you.

if the support of mediocrity and gross unprofessionalism is jettison Xenocentrism, then you my friend are a hypocrite. Jettisson xenocentrism my foot...

Just so you know i got additional traffic and likes after you counter thread meaning you made little or no impact with your unnecessary use of grammar.

Re: Nigerian Commentators Should Keep Commenting On Our Serious Matches by sainty2k3(m): 1:10am On Mar 29, 2016
blueto:

I agree with you . but truth be told, the commentator of that Nig. Egypt match is below average. I'm. sure there are better people
Re: Nigerian Commentators Should Keep Commenting On Our Serious Matches by Nobody: 8:07am On Mar 29, 2016
princemi:

Dear reposter,

Dear reposter,

yes, jettison it. being a detractor of your own country is a peccadillo. Yes, the commentator did a “botched” job, but preferring a foreign employee and “barring” ours is totally goofy, how do we provide a prerogative for them improve if they are impeded? expressing pessimism is consummately ludicrous.

Yes, You attained copious quantum of Likes and Traffics, sublime!, but, at what expense do you enjoy such execrable enravishment? I purport your “Likes” is a result of how you entertained the web surfers with your comical substantiation inducing amusement.

This is why I partially believe in consensus. The world might be prevaricating, But I won't!. I prefer to be distinctive and maintain probity and rationalization with the aim of “not following multitude to commit sin”.

I feel compunctious for not transcending beyond trying to refute the 2 points you provided. I perceive that is why some people are expressing dissatisfaction with the “counter thread”. And I have learnt something from that.

Concerning my lexical expressions, It started long ago, and I have been known for it. You are at liberty to read my antiquated posts for substantiation if your are skeptical.

Apologies for the deferred reply, I later went offline yesterday.
Re: Nigerian Commentators Should Keep Commenting On Our Serious Matches by princemi(m): 8:57am On Mar 29, 2016
blueto:

yes, jettison it. being a detractor of your own country is a peccadillo. Yes, the commentator did a “botched” job, but preferring a foreign employee and “barring” ours is totally goofy, how do we provide a prerogative for them improve if they are impeded? expressing pessimism is consummately ludicrous.

Yes, You attained copious quantum of Likes and Traffics, sublime!, but, at what expense do you enjoy such execrable enravishment? I purport your “Likes” is a result of how you entertained the web surfers with your comical substantiation inducing amusement.

This is why I partially believe in consensus. The world might be prevaricating, But I won't!. I prefer to be distinctive and maintain probity and rationalization with the aim of “not following multitude to commit sin”.

I feel compunctious for not transcending beyond trying to refute the 2 points you provided. I perceive that is why some people are expressing dissatisfaction with the “counter thread”. And I have learnt something from that.

Concerning my lexical expressions, It started long ago, and I have been known for it. You are at liberty to read my antiquated posts for substantiation if your are skeptical.

Apologies for the deferred reply, I later went offline yesterday.

bla bla bla...you have a problem communicating fluently or should i say anomia (in your own words) ... do you even know what goofy means and when it should be used?
Any way, i stopped reading your reply at the first sentence
I wasn't trying to be boastful when i mentioned likes and traffic, I was only citing the fact that if i got that much like then there's a consensus that NIGERIAN COMMENTATORS ARE WACK. I mean there's no way 250 people can be wrong...i don't have anything against you but if this is how you talk in reality then i think you need help.
Re: Nigerian Commentators Should Keep Commenting On Our Serious Matches by Nobody: 9:56am On Mar 29, 2016
Mister naysayer, don't be a fabulist! goofy means absurd, silly. How did I use it wrongly?

You are just indicting me of what you are culpable of. I am not susceptible to anomia so rescind you farcical averments.

If you opine that my lexical expression is a defect then you must be an indocile naysayer.

For the “boastful” insinuation, go and check the Bible and ascertain how multitudes revolted against Moses and how God dealt with them.

To be logical and pragmatic, you can appraise political section and see how someone will vindicate the president on his reprehensible malfeasance and ascertain the copious “Likes” he will record, and I presume an idem circumstance for GEJ.

You incipiently said you stopped reading my reply from the prime phrase. how did you ascertain the entire reply that incited you to reply?

No commendations for being paradoxical bro.

Please abdicate from detraction. It is a perversion.
princemi:

bla bla bla...you have a problem communicating fluently or should i say anomia (in your own words) ... do you even know what goofy means and when it should be used?
Any way, i stopped reading your reply at the first sentence
I wasn't trying to be boastful when i mentioned likes and traffic, I was only citing the fact that if i got that much like then there's a consensus that NIGERIAN COMMENTATORS ARE WACK. I mean there's no way 250 people can be wrong...i don't have anything against you but if this is how you talk in reality then i think you need help.
Re: Nigerian Commentators Should Keep Commenting On Our Serious Matches by princemi(m): 10:55am On Mar 29, 2016
blueto:
Mister naysayer, don't be a fabulist! goofy means absurd, silly. How did I use it wrongly?

You are just indicting me of what you are culpable of. I am not susceptible to anomia so rescind you farcical averments.

If you opine that my lexical expression is a defect then you must be an indocile naysayer.

For the “boastful” insinuation, go and check the Bible and ascertain how multitudes revolted against Moses and how God dealt with them.

To be logical and pragmatic, you can appraise political section and see how someone will vindicate the president on his reprehensible malfeasance and ascertain the copious “Likes” he will record, and I presume an idem circumstance for GEJ.

You incipiently said you stopped reading my reply from the prime phrase. how did you ascertain the entire reply that incited you to reply?

No commendations for being paradoxical bro.

Please abdicate from detraction. It is a perversion.

whatever man...that's my thought, it's well supported by facts and am sticking to it. Opine what you want.
Re: Nigerian Commentators Should Keep Commenting On Our Serious Matches by Nobody: 11:50am On Mar 29, 2016
princemi:

whatever man...that's my thought, it's well supported by facts and am sticking to it. Opine what you want.
lets end this and embrace truce. Forgive me if I offended you embarassed .
Re: Nigerian Commentators Should Keep Commenting On Our Serious Matches by duality(m): 1:41pm On Mar 29, 2016
blueto:

Touché !!!grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

AFCON 2021: Senegal Vs Guinea (0 - 0) -On 14th January 2022 / Osimhen scores as Napoli defeat Roma 2-1 / Onuachu Voted Man Of The Match In Genk’s Win Vs Mechelen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.