Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,711 members, 7,851,418 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:56 PM

Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process - Travel (108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (277628 Views)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Advice On Visa Appeal / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (116) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Castalia: 10:37pm On Jan 13, 2011
Vicjustice:

Let your brother go to the authority and make an undertaking declaration regarding her intended visit; he should state in the declaration that he will personally foot her every expenses and guarantee her return to Nigeria in due time. Such undertaking should see her through since she is not in position to meet the requirement of visiting visa.

@vicjustice
Pls how does he do this? And where?

thanx
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Castalia: 10:52pm On Jan 13, 2011
This is an excerpt from the refusal letter,

You have stated in your visa application form that you are retired and that u receive income from family and friends. however, u have not provided evidence of income u receive, pension u are entitled to, or any assets or property owned by u. Furthermore, it is noted that ur husband is deceased and u dont have any children living with you. I recognise that you sponsor intends to undertake the cost of your visit to UK, but i must take into consideration your personal and economic circumstances in coming to my decision. Therefore, on the bal of probabs, #

You have stated that your son will bear the cost of your visit. however, on the evidence provided i am not satisfied he will be able to do so. You have not submitted any evidence that your son has the funds to meet the cost of your visit, such as his personal bank statement, (we submited a statement o!) Therefore, on the bal of probabs,

Advice on appeal pls,
Or do we just reapply?
Can we do it immediately??, or do we av to wait for six months before reapplying?
Advice,
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Vicjustice: 8:37pm On Jan 14, 2011
Castalia:

@vicjustice
Pls how does he do this? And where?
thanx
In Ireland, it can be done at the Asylum and Immigration section of the Ministry of Justice, but i don't live in England, however, i suppose it can be done at the Home Office.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Nobody: 11:57am On Jan 21, 2011
In 2008 I was in my second year in the university, then I applied for a family to the uk,my uncle in d uk sent me an invitation letter stating that he will be responsible for my accommodation and upkeep throughout my 2 weeks stay,hes is a citizen and owned an accounting firm in the uk prior to this my uncle had earlier invited my mom twice to the uk, and he was also responsible for her upkeep, she returned back to Nigeria, never overstaying on her visa on both trips.

Accompanying d invitational letter is his passport bio page (uk passport), in the IV letter my uncle stated he ll be responsible for my accommodation, I also stated it clearly in the form I filled, but I was refused, here is d statemen[b]t’ in considering your application overall I am not satisfied on d balance of possibilities that u met d requirement of paragraph 41 of the immigration rules HC395 that in your application form that your mother will pay for the cost of your visit, but u never summated any evidence of your mother employment, income, savings, so am not satisfied u will be able to stay in d uk without recourse to public fund. You also stated that you are a student of a university but u never submitted any official correspondences confirming your registration and attendance in the university, so am not satisfied u av social and financial ties to Nigeria to ensure ur return.[/b]
N.B I submitted my school id card, final student clearance, current school fees and dept. receipt.

I was told am entitled to appeal the decision, as a result I proceeded to a solicitor, since I believed they were more experience, In the appeal lodged by my lawyer he stated that: am quoting his appeal sent to the ECO’ there decision is erroneous that contrary to the clearance officer findings that I have stated that my uncle will be responsible for my upkeep and not my mum, so them asking for my mums savings, employment or income is totally out of place and also the official correspondences from the school is not among the check list of the application form, so my lawyer concluded that since the information on which d decision was made was on faulty and inappropriate there decision should be reviewed. However, the documents accompanying this appeal sent now included my mums account statement, a letter of consent from my dean of faculty and also my HOD

On the 22nd of dec 2008 I got my decision, but am still confused up till date: it reads [b]:the appellant has sought entry clearance, after careful consideration of the application the ECO declared that the appellant has failed all d requirement of d immigration rules for the reasons set out in the attached notice of refusal, your notice of appeal was received at the AIT in Lagos and I am not persuaded by to alter my decision, I considered the local condition of Nigeria which is attached, the attached document stated that Nigeria is a population of 140 million, it has one of d lowest GDP in the world and its rich in oil, its placed 158 0f 177 in human devp. Index, 80 of 108 among poverty human index, 108 of 178 by transparent international,142 of 163 among corrupt nation, In conclusion, the appellant was advised in extensive publicity from this deputy high commission of the required documents needed in order for his application to be assessed, on the basis of this and in the light of DR*(Morocco) 2005. I respectfully request that any additional evidence submitted by the appellant should not be taken into consideration. Any evidence can be used to support a fresh application and this is the proper course for such information I rely on the refusal notice of the ECO and request that this case to proceed ta an appeal before an immigration judge and respectfully request that the appeal is dismissed.[/b]

I observed they never faulted or commented on any document I later sent for appeal, so I don’t know why the appeal was dismissed, since then i have never applied nor appealed the judgement,my fear now is will this affect my future application, I intend applying for masters in d uk when am through with school later this year, how do I go about this, and when asked why was I refused earlier what should be my reply. Many thanks in anticipation for your responses’
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Vicjustice: 7:02pm On Jan 24, 2011
ogbeche77:

In 2008 I was in my second year in the university, then I applied for a family to the uk,my uncle in d uk sent me an invitation letter stating that he will be responsible for my accommodation and upkeep throughout my 2 weeks stay,hes is a citizen and owned an accounting firm in the uk prior to this my uncle had earlier invited my mom twice to the uk, and he was also responsible for her upkeep, she returned back to Nigeria, never overstaying on her visa on both trips.

Accompanying d invitational letter is his passport bio page (uk passport), in the IV letter my uncle stated he ll be responsible for my accommodation, I also stated it clearly in the form I filled, but I was refused, here is d statemen[b]t’ in considering your application overall I am not satisfied on d balance of possibilities that u met d requirement of paragraph 41 of the immigration rules HC395 that in your application form that your mother will pay for the cost of your visit, but u never summated any evidence of your mother employment, income, savings, so am not satisfied u will be able to stay in d uk without recourse to public fund. You also stated that you are a student of a university but u never submitted any official correspondences confirming your registration and attendance in the university, so am not satisfied u av social and financial ties to Nigeria to ensure your return.[/b]
N.B I submitted my school id card, final student clearance, current school fees and dept. receipt.

I was told am entitled to appeal the decision, as a result I proceeded to a solicitor, since I believed they were more experience, In the appeal lodged by my lawyer he stated that: am quoting his appeal sent to the ECO’ there decision is erroneous that contrary to the clearance officer findings that I have stated that my uncle will be responsible for my upkeep and not my mum, so them asking for my mums savings, employment or income is totally out of place and also the official correspondences from the school is not among the check list of the application form, so my lawyer concluded that since the information on which d decision was made was on faulty and inappropriate there decision should be reviewed. However, the documents accompanying this appeal sent now included my mums account statement, a letter of consent from my dean of faculty and also my HOD

On the 22nd of dec 2008 I got my decision, but am still confused up till date: it reads [b]:the appellant has sought entry clearance, after careful consideration of the application the ECO declared that the appellant has failed all d requirement of d immigration rules for the reasons set out in the attached notice of refusal, your notice of appeal was received at the AIT in Lagos and I am not persuaded by to alter my decision, I considered the local condition of Nigeria which is attached, the attached document stated that Nigeria is a population of 140 million, it has one of d lowest GDP in the world and its rich in oil, its placed 158 0f 177 in human devp. Index, 80 of 108 among poverty human index, 108 of 178 by transparent international,142 of 163 among corrupt nation, In conclusion, the appellant was advised in extensive publicity from this deputy high commission of the required documents needed in order for his application to be assessed, on the basis of this and in the light of DR*(Morocco) 2005. I respectfully request that any additional evidence submitted by the appellant should not be taken into consideration. Any evidence can be used to support a fresh application and this is the proper course for such information I rely on the refusal notice of the ECO and request that this case to proceed ta an appeal before an immigration judge and respectfully request that the appeal is dismissed.[/b]

I observed they never faulted or commented on any document I later sent for appeal, so I don’t know why the appeal was dismissed, since then i have never applied nor appealed the judgement,my fear now is will this affect my future application, I intend applying for masters in d uk when am through with school later this year, how do I go about this, and when asked why was I refused earlier what should be my reply. Many thanks in anticipation for your responses’

The contents of your long text is very well understood. Know that this very case is dismissed and closed.
Now, it is not as bad as it seems to be refused a visa, especially owing to the reason(s) of the refusal, so, you can make subsequent application whenever you feel you're prepared for it.
You said you are concerned that this development would affect your future application; the answer is YES. It will definitely have impact in your future application, but it will not affect it in a negative way because, the embassy understands that you were a genuine applicant who was refused a visa because the Visa Officer wasn't satisfied regarding a certain paragraph.
So, while it is said that your future application will be treated in its own merit, this particular application will still be considered in the future one, and that is a good thing because this nature of this failed application may have some positive influence in your next application.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by jugzy: 4:47pm On Jan 28, 2011
hi everyone. pls whats the next step after winning an appeal, especially when the judge gives the other part right of appeal within 5 days. will i apply for a visa after the 5 days or just wait to be called by the embassy.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by justwise(m): 6:31pm On Jan 28, 2011
jugzy:

hi everyone. pls whats the next step after winning an appeal, especially when the judge gives the other part right of appeal within 5 days. will i apply for a visa after the 5 days or[b] just wait to be called by the embassy[/b].

The embassy will get back to you after 5days. You don't have to do anything again untill u hear from them.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by fishhooks: 1:46pm On Feb 03, 2011
Dear experts and experienced people in the house
I greet you all o and well done for all the unpaid work you are doing. May God bless you all abundantly and send you help when you need. I need advice please.
I am currently on a dependent visa which was got through my brother but the issue now is that I am getting married and would like to know if I am entitled to file for my husband. I have trawled the internet looking for information but can’t find anything and would appreciate if anyone who has had this experience can inform me.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by justwise(m): 1:53pm On Feb 03, 2011
fishhooks:

Dear experts and experienced people in the house
I greet you all o and well done for all the unpaid work you are doing. May God bless you all abundantly and send you help when you need. I need advice please.
I am currently on a dependent visa which was got through my brother but the issue now is that I am getting married and would like to know if I am entitled to file for my husband. I have trawled the internet looking for information but can’t find anything and would appreciate if anyone who has had this experience can inform me.

Where are u getting married, in the UK or where?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by fishhooks: 2:03pm On Feb 03, 2011
In Nigeria. My fiance is in Nigeria and has never travelled but he is thinking of coming in April by God's grace. We were thinking of doing everything at once, i.e. registry, church, engagement all at once to make it look credible but I don't know if based on my status, I can apply for him as a spouse because I am a dependant.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by justwise(m): 2:11pm On Feb 03, 2011
fishhooks:

In Nigeria. My fiance is in Nigeria and has never travelled but he is thinking of coming in April by God's grace. We were thinking of doing everything at once, i.e. registry, church, engagement all at once to make it look credible.

If you are British or have indefinate stay and u got married to him in Nigeria then u are entitled to file for him.

Like you pointed out there, u have to do everything right to avoid any problem with the visa application process.

B4 i forget, when u said u are on dependent visa , do u mind throwing more light on that?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by fishhooks: 2:17pm On Feb 03, 2011
Thank you Justwise. I have got a 5 year EU dependent visa which I am 2 years into. I got it by virtue of my brother who’s an EU citizen. I am entitled to work and all but not sure if that’s as far as my rights go. It’s very difficult getting information on this.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by justwise(m): 2:30pm On Feb 03, 2011
fishhooks:

Thank you Justwise. I have got a 5 year EU dependent visa which I am 2 years into. I got it by virtue of my brother who’s an EU citizen. I am entitled to work and all but not sure if that’s as far as my rights go. It’s very difficult getting information on this.

Oh ok! i get what u mean, but ur hubby can still visit u on visitor's visa if u work and can afford to invite him on ur own capacity though he may not be able to work, I hope somebody here could help.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by fishhooks: 2:33pm On Feb 03, 2011
Thank you Justwise . I hope someone can help too.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Flawless(f): 1:10am On Feb 04, 2011
fishhooks:

You can't file for your husband until you have the indefinite leave to remain. You are your bro's dependent and he is the only one in this scenario that can file for your brother which wouldnt be easy. I believe if your five years would run out pretty soon, you are better off waiting instead of getting any griefs from these people. He can always come for visits why you would go for visits as well.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by fishhooks: 10:02am On Feb 04, 2011
Thank you Flawless
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Vicjustice: 12:07pm On Feb 04, 2011
Justwise and Flawless,
   Could you please explain what i seem not to be getting right here?
   Now, Fishbook claims to be a holder of a 5years "Dependant Visa" through her brother; this makes me understand that she is more or less an orphan minor. And now, she is talking about her fiance coming to the UK. How about that, are adults eligible for dependant visas in the UK, is there no age limit?
   In Ireland, a person can not get dependant visa once s/he is over 16, and also, except under compelling reasons on humanitarian grounds for an orphan, and there exist an explicitly formal legal custody, a person is not eligible to adopt his/her sister as a dependant.

However, in every country, a dependant is simply ineligible to invite a guest of any kind. So, as harsh as it may seem, Fishbook is simply unqualified.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Flawless(f): 12:15pm On Feb 04, 2011
Vicjustice:

Justwise and Flawless,
Now, Fishbook claims to be a holder of a 5years "Dependant Visa" through her brother, this makes me understand that she is more or less a minor, and now, she is talking about her fiance coming to the UK. How about that, are adults eligible for dependant visas in the UK, no age limit?
In Ireland, a person can not get dependant visa once s/he is over 16, and also, except under compelling reason on humanitarian grounds, and there exist an explicitly formal legal custody, a person is not eligible to adopt his/her sister as a dependant.
How about the UK?

Vicjustice, she said her brother is an EU citizen living in the UK. With the current EU law adults (non EU citizen) can depend on their EU citizen family member. You can visit the home office website and check the EU categories. It is not an easy route to get leave to remain. It is more complicated than other application and requires lots of proofs before it can be granted, it has a lower success rate (applications). Hope you get it now?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by justwise(m): 12:17pm On Feb 04, 2011
Vicjustice:

Justwise and Flawless,
Now, Fishbook claims to be a holder of a 5years "Dependant Visa" through her brother, this makes me understand that she is more or less a minor, and now, she is talking about her fiance coming to the UK. How about that, are adults eligible for dependant visas in the UK, no age limit?
In Ireland, a person can not get dependant visa once s/he is over 16, and also, except under compelling reason on humanitarian grounds, and there exist an explicitly formal legal custody, a person is not eligible to adopt his/her sister as a dependant.
How about the UK?

Vicjustice i understand where u coming from, i saw that the first time i read the post BUT i did not want to dig deep into it b4 i will be accused of being 'Mr i too know or know it all'.  Reading in between the lines in her post, i don't think she came as a 'sister' to her brother, maybe as a wife or legal partner'. . some sort of an arrangement. . my opinion anyway.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Flawless(f): 12:20pm On Feb 04, 2011
justwise:

Vicjustice i understand where u coming from, i saw that the first time i read the post BUT i did not want to dig deep into it b4 i will be accused of being 'Mr i too know or know it all' grin.  Reading in between the lines in her post, i don't think she came as a 'sister' to her brother, maybe as a wife or legal partner'. . some sort of an arrangement. . my opinion anyway.

lol grin grin grin grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by fishhooks: 12:27pm On Feb 04, 2011
Justwise, Vicjustice and Flawless
I completely understand you inability to understand this but it is the truth. I am not a minor, far from it and I did not get my dependant visa though arranged marriage otherwise I would not be seeking to bring my fiancé here. I am still on the dependent visa and seeking to marry someone else while married would be bigamy, which I believe is illegal. I got my visa as a family member as an external family member. My story is as plain as day which is the reason I am seeking genuine advice.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Flawless(f): 12:31pm On Feb 04, 2011
fishhooks:

Justwise, Vicjustice and
Flawless link=topic=30156.msg7665599#msg7665599 date=1296818159:

Vicjustice, she said her brother is an EU citizen living in the UK. With the current EU law adults (non EU citizen) can depend on their EU citizen family member. You can visit the home office website and check the EU categories.  It is not an easy route to get leave to remain. It is more complicated than other application and requires lots of proofs before it can be granted, it has a lower success rate (applications).   Hope you get it now?
I completely understand you inability to understand this but it is the truth. I am not a minor, far from it and I did not get my dependant visa though arranged marriage otherwise I would not be seeking to bring my fiancé here. I am still on the dependent visa and seeking to marry someone else while married would be bigamy, which I believe is illegal. I got my visa as a family member as an external family member. My story is as plain as day which is the reason I am seeking genuine advice.

Fishbooks did you read my response above? I did not accuse you of anything, ok?  I have explained what you just posted.  I have do not doubt you (I have a good understanding of UK immigration laws and how it works).
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Vicjustice: 12:34pm On Feb 04, 2011
I JUST EDITTED MY PREVIOUS POST AND FEEL THE NEED TO RE-POST THIS VERSION.
Justwise and Flawless,
Now, Fishbook claims to be a holder of a 5years "Dependant Visa" through her brother; this makes me understand that she is more or less an orphan minor. And now, she is talking about her fiance coming to the UK. How about that, are adults eligible for dependant visas in the UK, is there no age limit?
In Ireland, a person can not get dependant visa once s/he is over 16, and also, except under compelling reasons on humanitarian grounds for an orphan, and there exist an explicitly formal legal custody, a person is not eligible to adopt his/her sister as a dependant.

However, in every country, a dependant is simply ineligible to invite a guest of any kind. So, as harsh as it may seem, Fishbook is simply unqualified.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by fishhooks: 12:35pm On Feb 04, 2011
Thanks Flawless, I just thought I’d explain my position regarding my status as I am seeking advice. I am completely helpless as to what to do if this route isn’t an option.
I have a Q Flawless. Do you know where I can get information regarding the limitations of the dependant visa online? I am considering giving up the visa and going back to Nigeria because I still have a few more years to be eligible for indefinite stay and I am not sure I am prepared to wait.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Flawless(f): 12:38pm On Feb 04, 2011
fishhooks:

Thanks Flawless, I just thought I’d explain my position regarding my status as I am seeking advice. I am completely helpless as to what to do if this route isn’t an option.

Vicjustice:

[color=#990000]

Like vicjustice have said, you are not eligible to invite someone cos you are a dependant only your brother can. Just wait till you have you ILR.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by fishhooks: 12:53pm On Feb 04, 2011
Thanks Flawless.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by seunny4lif(m): 2:36pm On Feb 05, 2011
Pls,i need nigerians living in both countries.I need some info about the two countries.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by seunny4lif(m): 2:37pm On Feb 05, 2011
Pls,i need nigerians living in both countries.I need some info about the two countries.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by justwise(m): 2:42pm On Feb 05, 2011
seunny4lif:

Pls,i need nigerians living in[b] both countries[/b].I need some info about the two countries.

How do u mean?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Olatunde00: 10:15pm On Feb 06, 2011
People pls advice me on what to do,i got uk visa and after i got the visa i decide to apply for my girl friend,during the interview i said what was not suppose to be said so my visa was cancel but i went for what they called administrative review and a letter was sent to me stating that i can apply for the new visa and that my application would be dealt with humanity but to my surprise i applied for student visa and i was ban for 10years and the immigration refers to the incidence in the first place.
Please what can i do and is there any chance of getting the uk visa before the 10years lap.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by justwise(m): 10:18pm On Feb 06, 2011
Olatunde00:

People pls advice me on what to do,i got uk visa and after i got the visa i decide to apply for my girl friend,during the interview i said what was not suppose to be said so my visa was cancel but i went for what they called administrative review and a letter was sent to me stating that i can apply for the new visa and that my application would be dealt with humanity but to my surprise i applied for student visa and i was ban for 10years and the immigration refers to the incidence in the first place.
Please what can i do and is there any chance of getting the uk visa before the 10years lap.

What did u say and which yr did this happen?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Olatunde00: 10:22pm On Feb 06, 2011
justwise:

What did u say and which yr did this happen?

I said i have fake south africa permit before but i later denied it because there was no evidence against me i later got a letter from south africa immigration stating that i have never used fake south africa permit before and it happen 2009 dec. 18th

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (116)

Bus Fare Within Nigeria / Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures / Lithuania Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.