Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,232 members, 7,836,116 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process - Travel (105) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (277067 Views)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Advice On Visa Appeal / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (116) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by segunben: 11:36am On Sep 26, 2010
@erico2k2 i use the appeal to be decide on paper so they will still send me a notification for the hearing date or they will just send me the determination??
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by erico2k2(m): 12:00pm On Sep 26, 2010
segunben:

@erico2k2 i use the appeal to be decide on paper so they will still send me a notification for the hearing date or they will just send me the determination??
they are meant to send you a notification of the date in same way as you recieved that leter from them, but if not pay regular visit to your local post office and you can also mail them to find out your application stats.or call them quoting your AIT refrence number
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Nobody: 1:30pm On Sep 26, 2010
erico2k2:

@ctrume
for starters whats ET,plz paddon my ignorance,there is no set specification to howmuch you must have in savings when applying to such catigory (VISITOR) all you had to do is convince the ECO you are going for the reason stated and your intention to come back to Nigeria,Now you have a well paid Job, thats a good start,now for the IV letter from a school address, does this letter contain the school's letter heading? does your friend live in an Hostel within the schools vicinity?

ET means executive trainee, a junior officer level in banking basically,yes, the letter from the school is on a letter headed paper,its actually my fiances graduations, she read msc intl biz and is entitled to bring 2pipl 4 d ceremony on d schools invitation.i intend to stay in a hotel 4 d period of my stay.Thanks
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Nobody: 1:32pm On Sep 26, 2010
and she stayed off campus truout d duration of her stay in skull, but wat has d residence type got to do with the application?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by erico2k2(m): 4:43pm On Sep 26, 2010
ctrume:

and she stayed off campus truout d duration of her stay in skull, but wat has d residence type got to do with the application?
oh I see ET,Ok adding that to my Vocab tnx,orite, if you where planning to stay with her then where she lived would have come into play, but since you aint staying with her and in a hotel then no biggy.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by segunben: 8:24pm On Sep 26, 2010
@erico2k2 i would like to know if the hearing can take up to 1,month 2 month from the date on the letter they sent me ,cos in tribunal site they said it will only take 3 week from the date stated on the letter.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by erico2k2(m): 8:50pm On Sep 26, 2010
@segunben
to be honest with you,it could take three months,mine did,the watch word here would be patiance,cos the Uk system is slow but steady especialy ur catigory of VISA where no one then you would be suffering.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by segunben: 9:02pm On Sep 26, 2010
@erico2k2 thanks that mean i still have long way to go cos ve ready wait 4 month now so i still ve to wait for 3 month .thanks the advice i really appreciate
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by ummuanas: 6:47am On Sep 27, 2010
hi everyone

please i will like to know, is there any connection between the dutch and the uk embassy. Will i have any problem applying  for Dublin visa, just because i've been deny visa at the Uk embassy.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by ummuanas: 8:12pm On Sep 27, 2010
ummu anas:

hi everyone

please i will like to know, is there any connection between the Irish and the uk embassy. Will i have any problem applying  for Dublin visa, just because i've been deny visa at the Uk embassy.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Vicjustice: 12:44pm On Sep 29, 2010
ummu anas:

hi everyone

please i will like to know, is there any connection between the dutch and the uk embassy. Will i have any problem applying for Dublin visa, just because i've been deny visa at the Uk embassy.
Has Dublin got anything to do with Dutch?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Dantecmu(m): 2:10pm On Sep 29, 2010
Vicjustice:

Has Dublin got anything to do with Dutch?

i wonder , vicjay longest time, shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Dannyboy80: 3:42pm On Sep 29, 2010
@ Justwise,Scobby
and every other house member.please I need your advice here. My cousin was denied a family visit visa,it was a renewal though,applied for 6months.she is currently going for lessons to keep the brain working whilst she await to write jamb next year. Here is the ECO's "You stated that you are currently a student and you have submitted a letter from DR Steven's College of Excellence in support of this. The letter states that you are enrolled in a JAMB preperatory class in the college. You have not provided any other documents in support of this,such as details of the class, whether it is a full time course, receipts to show that you have paid the required fees and the expected date of completion of your studies.I recognise that your sponsors proposes to bear the cost of your visit. However,I must take into account your personal circumstances in Nigeria when coming to my decision.The lack of supporting documentation leads me to doubt your circumstances are as stated on your visa application form. This also leads me to doubt your intentions on leaving the UK following your proposed visit. Therefore,on the balance of probabilities,I am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor for a limited period not exceeding 6months or that you intend to leave the UK at the end of the visit as required by paragraph 41(i)and (ii) of HC395.

Paragraph 2: The stamps in your passport show that you stayed for months on your previous visit to the UK.when you applied for your visa, you stated,that you would be staying in the UK for 3weeks,Whilst you did not overstay your visa.you have not provided any explanation as to why you stayed so long or what you did in the UK for this length of time.This casts doubt on your intentions in visiting the UK.Therefore,on the balance of probabilities,I am not satisfied that you are geniunely seeking entry as a visitor for a limited period not exceeding 6months or that you intend to leave the UK at the end of the visit as required by paragraph 41(i) and (ii) of HC395.

Please kindly advice on what she should do next. Thank you very much everyone.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by chyk91(m): 11:13pm On Sep 29, 2010
pls people, i will like some advice, i applied for a uk visa(tourist visa) and submitted my application on the 7th of september 2010, i got my passport today and i was rejected. the problem is i dont know if i have any right to appeal cos under the right of appeal what they stated goes thus;

your application does not attract a full right of appeal under section82(1) of the nationality, immigration and asylum act 2002. your right to appeal is limited to any or all o the grounds referred to in sectionv84(1) b) and c) of the nationality, immigration and asylum act 2002 namely;

b) the decision is unlawful by virtue of section 19B of the race relations act 1976 (c.74) (discrimination by public authorities)

c) that the decision is unlawful under section 6 of the human rights act 1998( c.42) (public authority not to act contrary to human rights convention) as being incompatible with the appelant's convention rights.

please i need help seriously cos am a medical student and i need to know if appeal or re-application is my best bet, also i intend to travel on the 25th of october 2010, as school is starting december. thanks in aticipation.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Dantecmu(m): 2:26am On Sep 30, 2010
chyk91:

pls people, i will like some advice, i applied for a uk visa(tourist visa) and submitted my application on the 7th of september 2010, i got my passport today and i was rejected. the problem is i dont know if i have any right to appeal cos under the right of appeal what they stated goes thus;

your application does not attract a full right of appeal under section82(1) of the nationality, immigration and asylum act 2002. your right to appeal is limited to any or all o the grounds referred to in sectionv84(1) b) and c) of the nationality, immigration and asylum act 2002 namely;

b) the decision is unlawful by virtue of section 19B of the race relations act 1976 (c.74) (discrimination by public authorities)

c) that the decision is unlawful under section 6 of the human rights act 1998( c.42) (public authority not to act contrary to human rights convention) as being incompatible with the appelant's convention rights.

please i need help seriously cos am a medical student and i need to know if appeal or re-application is my best bet, also i intend to travel on the 25th of october 2010, as school is starting december. thanks in aticipation.

Oga Dr why where u denied, it seems u used forged document cus the only time i see rejected applications with no right of appeal is when there is a ban, please tell us in full why you where denied so we can assist you
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by chyk91(m): 12:51am On Oct 01, 2010
seriously i did not use forged documents. the reasons they gave are;

1) you claim to be a student of uniport, and u provided ur student id card and a scanned provisional admission slip, but this is not satisfactory evidence of ur current status. they said they had expected to see a letter confirming my regular attendance and the year i would graduate, it also states that considering the frequent industrial actions and graduate unemployment and without sufficient evidence of my studies, he is not satisfied that am genuinely seeking entry to the u.k and that i intend to leave the u.k at the end of the period of visit.

2)that i did not provide satisfactory evidence of my u.k sponsor's ability to accomodate me, since i did not provide things like tenancy bills, mortgage. due to the lack of these evidence he doubts accomodation is available to me and on the balance of probabilities, he is not satisfied i will be maintained and accomodated in the u.k without working or having recourse to public funds.

those were the reasons given. as i stated earlier i did not use forged documents, the application was done by me no agents involved and i have been to the u.k before in 2006 although i was under 18 then. i will appreciate ur response.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mikeapiit: 7:33am On Oct 04, 2010
FELLOW NIGERIANS, MY COMPANY BASED IN UAE IS PROVIDING 3 YEARS RESIDENCE VISA ASSISTANCE FOR ALL NIGERIANS HOME AND AWAY.

ALSO AFTER YOU GET THE RESIDENCE VISA, WE CAN GUARANTEE VISA TO THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES:

GERMANY, FINLAND & ALL SCHENGEN COUNTRIES (3 DAYS PROCESSING TIME)
MALAYSIA (12 HOURS PROCESSING
UK VISA (1 WEEK PROCESSING)
USA AND AUSTRALIA (1MONTH PROCESSING)

OUR COMPANY WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH ALL THE LEGAL SPONSORSHIP REQUIRED TO OBTAIN YOUR RESIDENCE VISA WITH ZERO CHANCES OF DENIAL.

WE DONT CHARGE YOU 1 NAIRA UNTIL YOUR VISA IS IN YOUR HANDS.

ALL THE DETAILS ARE AVAILABLE AT VISA FOR NIGERIANS ONLINE WEBSITE http://www.wix.com/ttbrokers/vfn

WE ARE LEGALLY REGISTERED IN UAE, UK AND NEW ZEALAND.

NO BANK STATEMENTS! NO INTERVIEWS! NO VISA DENIAL! 100% GUARANTEED! ALL PROCEDURES ARE TRANSPARENT AND FRAUD FREE!

FEEL FREE TO ASK QUESTIONS AND COMMENTS ON THIS FORUM / VIA EMAIL AT vfnonline@gmail.com / PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR FULL DETAILS http://www.wix.com/ttbrokers/vfn

REGARDS

VISA FOR NIGERIANS ONLINE!

GOD BLESS THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA! AMEN
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by justwise(m): 8:41am On Oct 04, 2010
@ mike.apiit

Just get lost, you shouldn't be given the time of the day.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by ramtee(f): 5:52am On Oct 14, 2010
please direct me so my application wont be rejected . i have not been to the u.k since the 80s now need to visit what do you suggest i do
ramtee
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by justwise(m): 7:04am On Oct 14, 2010
ramtee:

please direct me so my application wont be rejected . i have not been to the u.k since the 80s now need to visit what do you suggest i do
ramtee

This link will help you http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visitingtheuk/visitors/documents/
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by chyk91(m): 9:41pm On Oct 16, 2010
pls oh help me, nairalanders.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Demokrazy: 8:42pm On Oct 17, 2010
Hi guys,

Apologies in advance for a rather LOOONG first post

After reading  a few posts on here,I believe you might be able to offer insight into my current situation (apologies if answers have been provided to this question, I'm just too lazy to go through all of 105 pages)***Just to give a quick background to the situation.
I joined my mother in the UK 11 yrs ago and we both hold settlement visas
I have a younger sister (23yrs old) but my mother was unable to bring her over here when my application was processed as mum is a single parent and couldn't afford to bring both of us at the same time.

In 2006 (I was still a student and was not financially stable) my mother applied for settlement visa for my sister, however this was declined  on the basis that they did not believe my mother would be able to financially take care of both of us on her low-income, and also on the basis that they believed that since my nan resides in Nigeria and my sister lives with her hence she has someone to stay with, We did not appeal this as mum was unable to keep paying the solicitor to go through appeal.

Fast forward to 2010, I already finished Uni 2yrs ago and now working full time, we decided to apply for a visiting Visa ,we decided on visiting rather than Settlement Visa again as the process is faster and my sis is also no longer interested in settling in UK as she now has a 2yrs old son and doesn't want to separate her son from his father for a long stretch of time.

My sister is currently a trainee hairdresser, hoping to learn this vocation so she can run her own Beauty Salon, she pays to learn the trade so she is not employed and she is supported financially by mum and me (her partner is a struggling student, thanks to Nigerian Universities' knack of regular strike actions.)

Anyhoo,she applied with her son in Sept for a visiting Visa, and we got the a refusal letter stating:

1.)You state that you have worked as a trainee hairdresser since 2009 but you failed to declare your income.
I am not satisfied that you have provided adequate evidence  to substantiate this claim. You  have provided no evidence of income or employment in Nigeria in support of your application. I am not satisfied that your circumstance are as claimed.

2.) You have provided little in the way of documentary evidence of your personal and financial circumstances in Nigeria. Full knowledge of your circumstances is an important consideration  when assessing your application for a visit visa. In the absence of such evidence you have not satisfied me on the balance of probability, that your circumstance  are as claimed , that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor for a limited period as stated by you, or that you intend to leave the UK  at the end of the period stated by you.

3.) You are a single mother with no evidence of income or employment in Nigeria. You have no evidence of savings in support of your application. I note that you intend to visit your mother and other immediate family in the UK and that you have previously been refused a settlement Visa to join them. Given your current circumstances in Nigeria I am not satisfied that you genuinely intend to visit the UK for the purpose and period stated on this occasion.You appear to have little in the way of personal income or assets in your own country.
In light of all the above I consider that you have failed to show sufficiently strong family,social or economic ties to satisfy me, on balance of probabilities that you intend to leave the United Kingdom on completion of a short visit.

So people, my case is this:

On the application we did state that she is a trainee who does not receive income and is wholly supported financially by us.
We also obtained letter from the establishment where she is a trainee to attest to this fact, the woman even stated in the letter we got from her stating exactly how much she charged that she can provide copy of the receipt issued when my sister enrolled, In the letter  she also expressly granted her leave for the visit as well as indicating the end date for my sister's training which is next year.

However,looking at the letter of refusal, it seems the ECO is simply referring to the same issue in all 3 bullet points and not taking any of the evidence provided into consideration.

I do not understand what asset a 23yrs old can be expected to hold in Nigeria!!We also provided documentary evidence of monthly money transfers to her account for her upkeep, as well as proofs of our bank statements, wage slips, settlement visa etc.

We have the right to appeal, however I just do not understand how else to explain to these people that YES she is a single  mother, who is  an apprentice and is financially dependent on her mother and sister, Please any helpful and constructive help will be appreciated, God bless
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by osasoj(f): 9:21am On Oct 19, 2010
Hello, if you really want to visit anywhere in the world 4 a vacation you and your family contact 08181199607 and text yes,your name,place of work/business and where you live, then give us a call. Visiting USA,UK and all others just got easier. So hurry us and stop wasting your hard earn cash on avenues that might not produce result
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by uktrader: 10:29am On Oct 19, 2010
Firstly, you are NOT a British citizen, you are just an oversupply immigrant that Britain do not need or want. If you want to be with your family then you and low income mum should go back to your Third World country of Nigerian and help build your own society and economy. You have written that you sister is a trainee and not receiving an income from her employer. If that is the case then she is a student not an empoyee.
Demokrazy:

Hi guys,

Apologies in advance for a rather LOOONG first post

After reading a few posts on here,I believe you might be able to offer insight into my current situation (apologies if answers have been provided to this question, I'm just too lazy to go through all of 105 pages)***Just to give a quick background to the situation.
I joined my mother in the UK 11 yrs ago and we both hold settlement visas
I have a younger sister (23yrs old) but my mother was unable to bring her over here when my application was processed as mum is a single parent and couldn't afford to bring both of us at the same time.

In 2006 (I was still a student and was not financially stable) my mother applied for settlement visa for my sister, however this was declined on the basis that they did not believe my mother would be able to financially take care of both of us on her low-income, and also on the basis that they believed that since my nan resides in Nigeria and my sister lives with her hence she has someone to stay with, We did not appeal this as mum was unable to keep paying the solicitor to go through appeal.

Fast forward to 2010, I already finished Uni 2yrs ago and now working full time, we decided to apply for a visiting Visa ,we decided on visiting rather than Settlement Visa again as the process is faster and my sis is also no longer interested in settling in UK as she now has a 2yrs old son and doesn't want to separate her son from his father for a long stretch of time.

My sister is currently a trainee hairdresser, hoping to learn this vocation so she can run her own Beauty Salon, she pays to learn the trade so she is not employed and she is supported financially by mum and me (her partner is a struggling student, thanks to Nigerian Universities' knack of regular strike actions.)

Anyhoo,she applied with her son in Sept for a visiting Visa, and we got the a refusal letter stating:

1.)You state that you have worked as a trainee hairdresser since 2009 but you failed to declare your income.
I am not satisfied that you have provided adequate evidence to substantiate this claim. You have provided no evidence of income or employment in Nigeria in support of your application. I am not satisfied that your circumstance are as claimed.

2.) You have provided little in the way of documentary evidence of your personal and financial circumstances in Nigeria. Full knowledge of your circumstances is an important consideration when assessing your application for a visit visa. In the absence of such evidence you have not satisfied me on the balance of probability, that your circumstance are as claimed , that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor for a limited period as stated by you, or that you intend to leave the UK at the end of the period stated by you.

3.) You are a single mother with no evidence of income or employment in Nigeria. You have no evidence of savings in support of your application. I note that you intend to visit your mother and other immediate family in the UK and that you have previously been refused a settlement Visa to join them. Given your current circumstances in Nigeria I am not satisfied that you genuinely intend to visit the UK for the purpose and period stated on this occasion.You appear to have little in the way of personal income or assets in your own country.
In light of all the above I consider that you have failed to show sufficiently strong family,social or economic ties to satisfy me, on balance of probabilities that you intend to leave the United Kingdom on completion of a short visit.

So people, my case is this:

On the application we did state that she is a trainee who does not receive income and is wholly supported financially by us.
We also obtained letter from the establishment where she is a trainee to attest to this fact, the woman even stated in the letter we got from her stating exactly how much she charged that she can provide copy of the receipt issued when my sister enrolled, In the letter she also expressly granted her leave for the visit as well as indicating the end date for my sister's training which is next year.

However,looking at the letter of refusal, it seems the ECO is simply referring to the same issue in all 3 bullet points and not taking any of the evidence provided into consideration.

I do not understand what asset a 23yrs old can be expected to hold in Nigeria!!We also provided documentary evidence of monthly money transfers to her account for her upkeep, as well as proofs of our bank statements, wage slips, settlement visa etc.

We have the right to appeal, however I just do not understand how else to explain to these people that YES she is a single mother, who is an apprentice and is financially dependent on her mother and sister, Please any helpful and constructive help will be appreciated, God bless

Firstly, you are not british
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by UKman37(m): 12:59pm On Oct 19, 2010
I have just read a few post from this person called uktrader and I can confirm that he/she is not British but actually Nigerian. If you read through his/her responses more carefully you will see a few mistakes in the English that no English person would make. So dream on uktrader, you wish to to be Brit sh but actually a Nigerian (probably an illegal immigrant or a Visa over stayer)
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by justwise(m): 5:49pm On Oct 19, 2010
osasoj:

Hello, if you really want to visit anywhere in the world 4 a vacation you and your family contact 08181199607 and text yes,your name,place of work/business and where you live, then give us a call. Visiting USA,UK and all others just got easier. So hurry us and stop wasting your hard earn cash on avenues that might not produce result

Call you? Who are you anyway?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by uktrader: 3:20am On Oct 20, 2010
UKman37:

I have just read a few post from this person called uktrader and I can confirm that he/she is not British but actually Nigerian. If you read through his/her responses more carefully you will see a few mistakes in the English that no English person would make. So dream on uktrader, you wish to to be Brit sh but actually a Nigerian (probably an illegal immigrant or a Visa over stayer)

Born and bred an English man. I wish all legal and illegal Nigerians should go back to their Third World country. How you can determine a person nationality by their writing on forums is so absurd. The majority of Brits do not want or need you in our country. Do you get the message?

Bye bye
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by UKman37(m): 9:18am On Oct 20, 2010
uktrader, it can be easily determined if you are English or not not from the use of certain words that English people would never use.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Nobody: 1:28pm On Oct 20, 2010
uktrader:

Born and bred an English man. I wish all legal and illegal Nigerians should go back to their Third World country. How you can #GBAGAUN determine a person nationality by their writing on forums is so absurd. The majority of Brits do not want or need you in our country. Do you get the message?

Bye bye

You are a Nigerian. Stop taking the piss. I have highlighted all the Nigeria expressions you have used.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Demokrazy: 2:19am On Oct 22, 2010
@ uktrader: Honestly to say you are stupid would be too generous, in reply to the nonsense you posted:

Firstly, you are NOT a British citizen,  Pray do tell, where exactly did I claim that I am indeed a British Citizen? You obviously are not capable of reading/processing information right in front of you.

You are just an oversupply immigrant that Britain do not need or want, And you are what Britain needs?

If you want to be with your family then you and low income mum should go back to your Third World country of Nigerian and help build your own society and economy,   I'll take my low income mother anytime, than your benefit stealing, skanky trash of a mother, IF you are indeed white then you must be a trailer trash otherwise you wouldnt type so much nonsense in the name of giving opinions

You have written that you sister is a trainee and not receiving an income from her employer. If that is the case then she is a student not an empoyee. Again a great display of stupidity from you, I clearly stated that she is NOT employed, yet your dead brain didnt pick up on that info either.

Look whoever you are whether you are, British or a delusional danfo driver in Oshodi, why dont you think first before you talk/type outta ur ar$e in future?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by ulale: 12:50pm On Oct 22, 2010
i want to apply for uk visa i have the following documents, what can you advice me on possibilities on getting my visa:

i have my personal bank statement with a balance of $3000
i have my hotel booking comfirmation
i have my letter from my university,

i am going to visit uk for the period of ten days

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (116)

Bus Fare Within Nigeria / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 / Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.