Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,229 members, 7,829,399 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process - Travel (110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (276889 Views)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Advice On Visa Appeal / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (116) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by kemiO1: 11:11pm On Feb 22, 2011
his bday is march7 his sisters bday is april 4 and d anniversary is march28. the 4weeks cover these 3occasions. hence d 4weeks. shouls he send a new IV saying he wants me to come for the above 3. plus my BIL clearly stated he will be resposible for all expenses.
candid opinion pls, shld i jst 4get it or do u think i shld reapply i dont want a 2nd rejection. what are d consequences.
thanks
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by justwise(m): 9:27am On Feb 23, 2011
kemi O:

his bday is march7 his sisters bday is april 4 and d anniversary is march28. the 4weeks cover these 3occasions. hence d 4weeks. shouls he send a new IV saying he wants me to come for the above 3. plus my BIL clearly stated he will be resposible for all expenses.
candid opinion pls, shld i jst 4get it or do u think i shld reapply i dont want a 2nd rejection. what are d consequences.
thanks

There is no negative consequence for reapplying, yes he can send a new IV, those 3 occassions u mentioned are important to you and i understand that but i don't think its strong enough reason to be issued a visa as a student.

On the positive side,you may reapply and another ECO sees it from ur own point of view.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by londoner22: 2:38pm On Feb 23, 2011
Hey Big Bumper,

this message/enquiry is for you oh!!!!!!! grin

i have just renewed my uk visa, and i want to apply for my son. Does it matter that i have not even used mine an di am applying for my son's visiting visa.
(ps) my son was born in uk in 08 and came back early 09)

also he may be traveling with my mum and i will go join later, how do i go about that

thanks alot and i look forward to receiving your enlightening advice.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Busybody2(f): 1:01am On Feb 24, 2011
londoner22:

Hey Big Bumper,

i have just renewed my uk visa, and i want to apply for my son. Does it matter that i have not even used mine an di am applying for my son's visiting visa.

also he may be traveling with my mum and i will go join later, how do i go about that

Your bambino cannot travel with his Nana, he can only do this if either you or your husband was already in the UK awaiting his arrival, so he can only travel with either you or his Dad, and either of you  has to have a current visa, as this is what he is going to piggyback on, to merit his being given a visa too. Hence you need to make sure your reason for visiting is very watertight and that you can prove that you have ties in Nigeria you are going to be returning to.

Very urgent question please, when you say he went back early 2009, exactly what month was this? There is a two years time limit  . . . 

Shoot me an email at big_bumper oops , lipsrsealed cool lipsrsealed cool lipsrsealed cool
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by kemiO1: 6:05am On Feb 24, 2011
@justwise:thanks so much u've been a great help.
what other tangible reason can i give for going?
or should i just wait and go for his graduation in some 3-5 months.
thank you
u are a great and invaluable help
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by justwise(m): 9:54am On Feb 24, 2011
kemi O:

@justwise:thanks so much u've been a great help.
what other tangible reason can i give for going?
or [b]should i just wait and go for his graduation in some 3-5 months.[/b]thank you
u are a great and invaluable help

That is not bad idea, with invitation letter from his university and he can save up to be able to sponsor you rather than using ur in-law as ur sponsor.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by kemiO1: 12:05pm On Feb 24, 2011
thank you very much
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by jugzy: 1:15pm On Feb 24, 2011
Hi everyone. I just got my visa. I feel I should come back to this great forum and narrate my story. I feel one or two people might learn from it.

I applied for the uk visiting visa in July 2010. I was refused based on the grounds that they dint see enough evidence to show the relationship btw my sponsor and I and that they were not sure my sponsor would be able to feed and accommodate me without recourse to public funds. It was so painful but we got all our evidences and I re-applied after two weeks. It was worse this time as they came up with more excuses ranging from the amount I earn to the tenancy agreement submitted by my sponsor, and then they added that they were nt convinced that I would come back after my intended visit.

My husband and I however decided that instead of answering all their questions and reapplying, it's better to just appeal since we didn't have anything we were hiding. This was the beginning of another journey entirely. Point no 1; if u re sure of the documents u presented and u re convinced u re not lying, appeal the Eco,s decision.

We sent in our appeal form and all other documents that we submitted for the application in august, we did that before the 28 days given to us to appeal expired. Point no 2; you need all the patience u can get at this point cos it's a long ride and those people take their time to do everything. Point 3; divert your energy to other profitable ventures, take ur mind off the appeal and wait to hear from them. Trust me, they will get across to you.

They wrote us in October and informed us that they received our docs but however the Eco in Nigeria hasn't replied them or sent my bundle, but that I'm not required to do anything, it's just for my information. They also added that the appeal will go on without them wether or not they send in the bundle. But if I wish I can send wot I have with me to them.

We got another letter from them first week in November. This was wen they gave us the appeal date. They dint mention if my bundle was sent from Nigeria. They also said I should get all further evidences I have ready and post it to them before the date of the appeal which was 14th Jan 2011. Point 4; this is a very crucial part as your winning or loosing the appeal depends on these new docs u will provide. Point 5; pls seek advice from people that know more than you, believe me, no man is an island. This was the point where I joined this forum, even though my husband consulted an immigration expert over there.

We requested for a paper hearing. Yes we did! Even though studies and statistics showed that success rate of paper hearing is low we still went ahead. Point 6; never under estimate the place of prayer. Forget about what u knw, it is god and no one else. The result of the appeal was posted to my husband exactly two weeks after the appeal date given and the appeal was allowed. Trust me, my joy knew no bounds. I knew it was god and him alone because all the reviews I read online about paper hearing was enough to send shivers down my spine, but I didn't give up.

The Eco In Lagos was given 5 days to appeal against the decision while I was given 28days to Appeal against the decision. Point no 7; pray that the Eco doesn't decide to appeal because this will take u back to square one. They seldomly appeal against the immigration judge's decision except in exceptional cases. So, pray u wnt be part of the exceptional case.

After we got the appeal decision was another wait for a call from bhc . I tried not to panic cos I know he that began the good work will be faithful to complete it. I was called exactly three weeks after to come to the embassy with my passport and current bank statement. Point no 8; make sure u have a reasonable amount of money in ur account depending on the grounds on which u applied for the visa. E.g , if u applied that u re sponsoring urself on the trip, make sure u have ur air fare, feeding and accommodation money and them u still have at least enough left in the account. Cos at the embassy I was still given another form to fill authorizing them to still make further enquires as they might deem fit. I'm sure such enquires might be to call my bank and all.

To the glory of the most high, I was told to come back by 2pm for the visa, and I was given. I hope somebody somewhere learnt from this my epistle.

Thanks and regards
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by justwise(m): 1:28pm On Feb 24, 2011
@jugzy

Congrat! Appeal process could be exhausting, good for you.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by debenjie: 6:33pm On Feb 24, 2011
@Jugzy, congratulations for your visa approval.

They called me from BHC Abuja after my appeal is allowed to submit my passport and current bank statement to BHC Lagos, I submitted on Jan 31st, but was told to come for collection first week in March. Take care and have a wonderful time in UK. Is this normal?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by jugzy: 6:42pm On Feb 24, 2011
@ debenjie

Yes, it is normal. When I was called at BHC abuja, I was given d same option.
But I asked d person that called d difference between submitting in abuja and submitting in lagos. She explained to me that if I submit in abuja, I would get it that same day, but if I submit in lagos it takes 3-5weeks. So I opted to go to abuja. To answer your question, yes it is very normal.

Regards
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Nobody: 11:17pm On Feb 24, 2011
Hello everyone, please can I get a sample of a letter from an employer promising employment to a student after he/she is done with studies abroad. More like something to show proof of ties / reason to return to home country, if you know what I mean. You can send the sample to my email address (tony_runo@yahoo.com). I need it asap. Thanks a lot.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Busybody2(f): 5:07pm On Feb 26, 2011
londoner22:

Hey Big Bumper,

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-241742.64.html#msg7805539

Sorry oh, hope no be me kaput your BB oh embarassed I need to stop talking too much tongue grin
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Busybody2(f): 5:13pm On Feb 26, 2011
jugzy:

We got another letter from them first week in November. This was wen they gave us the appeal date. They dint mention if my bundle was sent from Nigeria. [size=14pt]They also said I should get all further evidences I have ready and post it to them before the date of the appeal [/size] which was 14th Jan 2011. Point 4; this is a very crucial part as your [size=14pt]winning or loosing the appeal depends on these new docs u will provide[/size]. . .

. . . [size=14pt] The Eco In Lagos was given 5 days to appeal against the decision while I was given 28days to Appeal against the decision.[/size]

cool cool cool cool cool cool

Jugzy, nothing do your post oh, only just highlighting for future purposes cool
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by debenjie: 6:32pm On Feb 27, 2011
@Jugzy, thanks for your response. Does BHC return your current bank statement?

Have a great trip to England.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by jugzy: 6:36pm On Feb 27, 2011
@ debenjie. No they did not. It will be in your file

Rgds,
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by debenjie: 6:51pm On Feb 27, 2011
@Jugzy, thanks for your prompt reply. OK.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by hannie: 3:21pm On Feb 28, 2011
Busy_body:

cool cool cool cool cool cool

Jugzy, nothing do your post oh, only just highlighting for future purposes cool

expatiate pls. grin
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by debenjie: 4:40pm On Mar 02, 2011
Called BHC in Lagos. I was told my passport is ready for collection. Be praying for me. Scared.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by romii786(m): 6:40pm On Mar 02, 2011
what abt my question? very urgent pls.[size=8pt][/size]

what if my college cancels my sponsership i am student married here wid british girl but our marriage is not registered yet, i want to go back to my country myself before they cancel my visa i wanna withdraw my course myself so i can escape 10 years ban, wt if they do it and put ban at me? then how will i be able to come back to my wife n unborn baby !!!!!

well if somewho they cancel my sponsership and i leave uk with in 28 days at my own expenses what will happen will i be banned?
then what other visa should i apply for to come back to uk with my wife, i am waiting for her decree absolute to come , as she have her decree nisi, and absolute is due at end of april i guess and till thn i cnt handle my college, thats y iam seeking advice, what would be better for me? go back to my country myself ? and thn apply for spouse visa? by showing my marriage which held at uk (islamicaly) not registered yet, but i have my religion's certificate of marriage stamped by manchesters mosque which proves we r married islamicaly, now she is pregnant also, please advice me before my college cancels my sponsership, all i want is to be legal i dont wanna get illegal at uk and have a ban of any kind.can i go back by withdrawing my course and then come back at spouse visa? then i will be able to register my marriage according to uk law.

thank you in advance !!!smiley

help please !!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by somrosoft: 8:13pm On Mar 02, 2011
I applied fro UK visa and get refual letter with following reason.

" On your application you stated that you have made avaialbe US $ 20,000 of your own money to spend on visit. I am aware that this appears to be considerable higher (Approximately 14 times) than the monthly income you indicated. and I also note that you support your family members. You have not indicated or evidenced further income that I may consider. I am not satisfied that it is reasonable to make this expense having considered the personal and financial circumstances. I am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry as a general visitor or that you intend to leave the UK at the end of the period of the visit".

But in the form i clealy state that I will spend US $ 5,000 in the Uk trip. I support to my Parnet only US $ 250 per Month. I alreday visited Malaysia, Thailand
& saudi Arabia in 2010.

I have limited right about appeal. Can anyone tell me process for appeal and send me appela from?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by debenjie: 8:03pm On Mar 03, 2011
@Jugzy, Vicjustice, justwise and others.

Come and join me singing halleluyah, Jehovah Jire has done me well. I picked my passport today. Thank God, the visa was issued. I thought that they won't issue the visa because my account balance is not bouyant. Glory be to God, He has changed my story.

Does anyone know any cheapest ticket to UK?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by justwise(m): 4:59pm On Mar 04, 2011
debenjie:

@Jugzy, Vicjustice, justwise and others.

Come and join me singing halleluyah, Jehovah Jire has done me well. I picked my passport today. Thank God, the visa was issued. I thought that they won't issue the visa because my account balance is not bouyant. Glory be to God, He has changed my story.

Does anyone know any cheapest ticket to UK?

Congrat bro!!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by ezego3(m): 3:01pm On Mar 18, 2011
Has anyone ever appealed against the decision to refuse entry on grounds of fake tax clearance even of it was given to you by your sponsor. please advise as I intend to start the process myself.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by justwise(m): 3:06pm On Mar 18, 2011
ezego_1:

Has anyone ever appealed against the decision to refuse entry on grounds of fake tax clearance even of it was given to you by your sponsor. please advise as I intend to start the process myself.

I don't think u stand a chance of wining that case, you should blame ur sponsor for giving u fake tax clearance, it doesn't matter who gave it to you.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by ezego3(m): 3:29pm On Mar 18, 2011
I don't think u stand a chance of wining that case, you should blame your sponsor for giving u fake tax clearance, it doesn't matter who gave it to you.

I did not ask for your thoughts, I asked if anyone has first hand experience. if I required your thoughts I would have gone to ojuelegba or probably a beer parlour.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by justwise(m): 3:49pm On Mar 18, 2011
ezego_1:

I don't think u stand a chance of wining that case, you should blame your sponsor for giving u fake tax clearance, it doesn't matter who gave it to you.

I did not ask for your thoughts, I asked if anyone has first hand experience. if I required your thoughts I would have gone to ojuelegba or probably a beer parlour.
was that where u got the fake tax clearance? You are looking at 10yrs ban for submitting fake document.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by shodawodu: 3:53pm On Mar 18, 2011
Good Day,
I was granted a join spouse visa this week and now i have a 2weeks old baby, i need advice on how to travel with the baby.

Pls its urgent

thanks
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by justwise(m): 4:05pm On Mar 18, 2011
shodawodu:

Good Day,
I was granted a join spouse visa this week and now i have a 2weeks old baby, i need advice on how to travel with the baby.
Pls its urgent

thanks

Why not call the airline to know if they will allow a baby at that age?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by shodawodu: 4:18pm On Mar 18, 2011
Thanks,

Airline allows infant, i need advice on how to get her own visa, since she was not included when i applied.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by worry246(m): 4:32pm On Mar 18, 2011
ezego_1
You can shout and rant wahalla.
The truth is you have automatic 10Yr BAN for fake documents.
AUTOMATIC and no excuses or stories.
Only YOU are responsible for the docs.
You may find with computers that your BAN is known to USA, Canada & all countries.
Best save your money.

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (116)

Bus Fare Within Nigeria / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 / Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.