Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,580 members, 7,812,898 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:38 PM

Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process - Travel (113) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (276274 Views)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Advice On Visa Appeal / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by justwise(m): 7:37pm On Jul 08, 2011
@nancylove4

Why is this SCUM still posting?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Khadie(f): 9:10pm On Jul 12, 2011
Dear all, this new Tier 4 rule from July 4 is confusing o. Pls what does this mean? If I am going for my Master's does it mean I can't go with my parner even if i am on a shcolarship?

"From 4 July 2011, only new students sponsored by a higher education institution on a course at NQF level 7 or above lasting 12 months or more, and new Government sponsored students following a course that is longer than six months, will be able to bring their partners and / or children to the UK with them".
?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by OmoTier1(m): 9:18am On Jul 13, 2011
Khadie:

Dear all, this new Tier 4 rule from July 4 is confusing o. Pls what does this mean? If I am going for my Master's does it mean I can't go with my parner even if i am on a shcolarship?

"From 4 July 2011, only new students sponsored by a higher education institution on a course at NQF level 7 or above lasting 12 months or more, and new Government sponsored students following a course that is longer than six months, will be able to bring their partners and / or children to the UK with them".
?

I think the directive is self explanatory like you posted.

You can only bring your partner along if the period you will be studying in the UK is more than 12months.

So check the duration your university stated your master course would run for and then check the duration of your visas and if more than 12months i.e 2years, then most likely you will be able bring your partner over.

Taught Masters in the UK is usually 9.5months plus 3months for result and graduation. Research Masters varies as some do take 15 to 18months.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Khadie(f): 10:24am On Jul 13, 2011
Omo Tier 1, thanks for your reply, one of the confusion is NQF level 7 or above. I guess above means master's then. Cheers!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by lollypop2(f): 3:44pm On Jul 13, 2011
please i need an advice

i have stayed in the uk for two years where i did my masters degree and after completion i applied for a post study visa{teir 1} and was given which would expire 2013 but i have changed my mind and don't intend to stay in he uk anymore and am now back in nigeria.i now have a two month old son here in nigeria and i now want to travel with him to the uk just for three weeks and i dont know what visa to get for him as i was told that if i apply for a visiting visa for him he could be denied because am on a different type of visa and they might think i want to stay with him in the uk although someone advised me to get a return ticket to show that we were coming back.the second option is to get him a dependent visa but i would have to fix money for three months and the amount i was told if using a nigerian account{although i don't know yet the amount expected to be fixed for three months in the naira account } is higher than if i was using a uk account but there would be no way to get the original statement if i use my uk account to fix the money and the other issue of concern on the dependent visa is that i also have to include my husband who had a two year visiting visa on his passport and does not need a dependent visa as me myself isn't staying in the uk anymore.please i need an advice on what to do as i want to travel in early September before intense winter starts and my son is too young to be left for three weeks in nigeria.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by phar897: 1:40pm On Aug 01, 2011
My appreciation goes out to Omo_Tier1, Justwise and others for their inputs while my sister was awaiting her decision. She has finally been granted her visa  smiley

Many thanks!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by OmoTier1(m): 9:19am On Aug 02, 2011
phar897:

My appreciation goes out to Omo_Tier1, Justwise and others for their inputs while my sister was awaiting her decision. She has finally been granted her visa  smiley

Many thanks!
Congrats, guess patience and perseverance finally prevailed! Wish her best of UK experience, a cup of tea please! two sugars, medium not too much milk !!!

1 Like

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by dming(m): 9:58pm On Aug 05, 2011
Hello All, If you are submitting a[b] waec confirmation of results (in place of lost certificate)[/b] do you open the envelope containing the confirmation of results or do you leave it sealed
Pls i need answers from those who have applied using a waec confirmation of results. thanks.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Fogman(m): 8:02am On Aug 11, 2011
Do not open it, otherwise it will be considered tampered.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by dming(m): 7:36pm On Aug 12, 2011
Fogman:

Do not open it, otherwise it will be considered tampered.
kk thanks
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by realking(m): 1:33pm On Aug 15, 2011
Please what is the possibility of winning a tier 4 dependant appeal now that immigration policy has been changed. I submitted my appeal in march 2011 and got confirmation of the submission on 19th April but have not heard from them again till now
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by beejaybida(m): 12:11pm On Aug 18, 2011
good everyone. someone kindly help me, i have a situation. i am about to apply for uk tourist visa. my problem is my parents who are both regular visitors to the uk used my real age in filling the application section for children. i now use an official age 2yrs younger than that. i have no idea what to do now as my new passport carries the official age. pls help.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by george31(m): 4:11pm On Aug 19, 2011
Hello House,
I & my youger brother intends to re-apply for a settlement visa in the uk,we applied 7yrs old when we were 24 & 22 but we were refused with no right of appeal,we then went on with our life here in nigeria,schooling actually, now we are 31& 29 respectively,but we miss our family so much,so we decided to re-apply now,our parents are EEA nationals. Our mum who has been in the uk since 1990 married our step-father in 2001 and she has the same immigration status and he intends to appeal our application if we are refused again.

The uk immigration gives us the right to apply for settlement visa despite our age,its says & i quote:

"If you are over 18 and have a parent settled in the UK, or if you are a sister, brother, aunt, uncle or any other relative of a person settled in the UK, you may qualify if you meet the conditions listed in the previous paragraph and you are living alone in the most exceptional compassionate circumstances."

It will interest u to know that our much younger brothers applied in 2003 when they were 17 & 14 respectively and they were issued visas,they ve been resident in uk since 2003.

Reason of the visa refusal was that we didnt show evidence that i & my brother were true dependants of our parents which was a mistake on my part due to lack of adequate experience in visa application,but they didnt give us the chance to show evidence.

Am a graduate now and my brother still an under-graduate.

Good people what are our chances??
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by kolajoo(m): 7:45am On Aug 20, 2011
This is to inform all travelers that cash ticket to anywhere in the world with any airline available @good rate, try us now and i know you will have a successfully story to tell,

Contact Kola for more inquiry/booking.
kolaomomummy@yahoo.com
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by george31(m): 7:01pm On Aug 22, 2011
Still xpectin ur views plz,
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by justwise(m): 1:56pm On Aug 24, 2011
george31:

Hello House,
I & my youger brother intends to re-apply for a settlement visa in the uk,we applied 7yrs old when we were 24 & 22 but we were refused with no right of appeal,we then went on with our life here in nigeria,schooling actually, now we are 31& 29 respectively,but we miss our family so much,so we decided to re-apply now,our parents are EEA nationals. Our mum who has been in the uk since 1990 married our step-father in 2001 and she has the same immigration status and he intends to appeal our application if we are refused again.

The uk immigration gives us the right to apply for settlement visa despite our age,its says & i quote:

"If you are over 18 and have a parent settled in the UK, or if you are a sister, brother, aunt, uncle or any other relative of a person settled in the UK, you may qualify if you meet the conditions listed in the previous paragraph and you are living alone in the most exceptional compassionate circumstances."
It will interest u to know that our much younger brothers applied in 2003 when they were 17 & 14 respectively and they were issued visas,they ve been resident in uk since 2003.
Reason of the visa refusal was that we didnt show evidence that i & my brother were true dependants of our parents which was a mistake on my part due to lack of adequate experience in visa application,but they didnt give us the chance to show evidence.
Am a graduate now and my brother still an under-graduate.
Good people what are our chances??
You and your brother still stand a chance IF you provide those materials for show of dependant. These documents are things like: Birth certificate, family pictures, your mums passport data page, tenancy agreement/mortgage documents, bank statement/payslip.

Your parents has to show that they have enough accommodation for you and ur brother and a good source of income for the whole family.

Apart from your brith certificate, you also need to submit ur results, or any other qualification you have.

This link here will help http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/infs/inf21pbsgeneralmigrant#21399897
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by george31(m): 2:04pm On Aug 24, 2011
@justwise, thanks alot for your input,
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by temodent(m): 12:06am On Sep 04, 2011
Please house, my sister-in-law just got refused a family visit visa reason given was that she does not have enough fund in her account even though she had 250k and works in one of the foremost bank, I feel strongly she has been unduely denied and wanted her to go for an adminisrative review, how do we go about this please, somebody who is familiar with this route should speak. Thank you
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Kolababa: 3:47pm On Sep 07, 2011
Can anybody in the house guide me on how to apply for an administrative review for tourist visa refusal? And where to send the request to?
Thanks.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Vicjustice: 6:56pm On Sep 07, 2011
Kolababa:

Can anybody in the house guide me on how to apply for an administrative review for tourist visa refusal? And where to send the request to?
Thanks.
   This category of visa application does not attract the rights of appeal or administration review. So, once refused, the application is decided and is closed.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Isiri: 9:05pm On Sep 20, 2011
@ Omo Tier 1, Am very sorry to disturb you once again.pls i need ur advice and i want u to put me through on my issue cus i blve in u than the so called agent.

which European country do u think i can apply for tourist visa ? and what are the things u think i will need to add.have apply for uk tourist and germany visa last yr and i was both refused

thanks so much sir
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by OmoTier1(m): 11:08pm On Sep 20, 2011
Isiri:

@ Omo Tier 1, Am very sorry to disturb you once again.pls i need your advice and i want u to put me through on my issue cus i blve in u than the so called agent.

which European country do u think i can apply for tourist visa ? and what are the things u think i will need to add.have apply for uk tourist and germany visa last yr and i was both refused

thanks so much sir
I will gladly assist with concise information that may be of help to you but first, I need to know if you were banned by the British High commission in Nigeria for using fake marriage certificate, if yes, how many years ban? Or are you aware that presenting fake documents in support of your application whether in the known or not to the BHC attracts a maximum 10years ban?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Isiri: 12:26am On Sep 21, 2011
Sir,i wasn't ban according to one travelling agent that help me do review on my uk tourist refusal.its unfortunate that i couldn't get my refusal letter,i would have scan it to u to confirm and it was not written on my passport that i was banned.they only said,such marriage cert,is rampant on lagos so they are not satisfy with it.so the agent asked me to bring pic of my wedding,which i did but i wasn't grant appeal after the review.my marriage cert is real
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by erico2k2(m): 11:25pm On Sep 21, 2011
Isiri:

Sir,i wasn't ban according to one travelling agent that help me do review on my uk tourist refusal.its unfortunate that i couldn't get my refusal letter,i would have scan it to u to confirm and it was not written on my passport that i was banned.they only said,such marriage cert,is rampant on lagos so they are not satisfy with it.so the agent asked me to bring pic of my wedding,which i did but i wasn't grant appeal after the review.my marriage cert is real
this is o ne of the reason why you should not use an agent as now you cant give us all the info we need to assist you in your quest,kindly ask the so called agent to furnish you the exact stats of the matter then come on here and give us the info then we can advice you on a true reflection of your case.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Isiri: 4:30pm On Sep 22, 2011
@ OMO TIE, This is the refusal letter

YOU HAVE APPLIED FOR AN ENTRY CLEARANCE TO VISIT THE UK FOR 14 DAYS. I HAVE CONSIDERED YOUR APPLICATION UNDER PARAGRAPH 41 OF THE UK IMMIGRATION RULES.

THE DECISION

YOU STATE THAT YOU ARE MARRIED WITH TWO CHILDREN,HOWEVER I AM NOT SATISFY THAT YOU HAVE PROVIDED ADEQUATE EVIDENCE TO SUBSTANTIATE THESE CLAIMES AS EVIDENCE OF YOUR FAMILY CIRCUMSTANCES YOU HAVE SUBMITTED A MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE AND TWO BIRTH CERTIFICATE ,HOWEVER SUCH DOCUMENT ARE EASILY AVAIALABLE IN NIGERIA AND THEREFORE A LITTLE EVIDENCE IN THE ABSENCE OF WEDDING PICTURES AND FAMILY PHOTO

YOU STATE THAT YIU WILLFUND YOUR PROPOSED TRIP TO THE UK AND HAVE SUBMITTED YOUR PERSONAL ACCOUNT FROM OCEANIC BANK.YOU STATE YOUR MONTHLY INCOME TO BE 209,367 NAIRA.THE CREDIT AND BALANCE IN YOUR ACCOUNT ARE NOT CONSISTENT WITH YOUR DECLEARED MONTHLY INCOME.ON THE BALANCE OF PROBALITIES I AM NOT SATISFIED THAT YOU GENUINELY SEEKING ENTRY AS A VISITOR.REQUIRED BY PARAGRAPH 41 (1) AND (!!) OF HC395

I HAVE THEREFORE REFUSED YOUR APPLICATION BECAUSE I AM NOT SATISFIED ON THE BALANCE OF PROBABILITIES THAT YOU MEET ALL OF THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE ABOVE PARAGRAPHS OF THE IMMIGRATION RULES
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by OmoTier1(m): 9:19pm On Sep 22, 2011
Isiri:

@ OMO TIE, This is the refusal letter

YOU HAVE APPLIED FOR AN ENTRY CLEARANCE TO VISIT THE UK FOR 14 DAYS. I HAVE CONSIDERED YOUR APPLICATION UNDER PARAGRAPH 41 OF THE UK IMMIGRATION RULES.

THE DECISION

YOU STATE THAT YOU ARE MARRIED WITH TWO CHILDREN,HOWEVER I AM NOT SATISFY THAT YOU HAVE PROVIDED ADEQUATE EVIDENCE TO SUBSTANTIATE THESE CLAIMES AS EVIDENCE OF YOUR FAMILY CIRCUMSTANCES YOU HAVE SUBMITTED A MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE AND TWO BIRTH CERTIFICATE ,HOWEVER SUCH DOCUMENT ARE EASILY AVAIALABLE IN NIGERIA AND THEREFORE A LITTLE EVIDENCE IN THE ABSENCE OF WEDDING PICTURES AND FAMILY PHOTO

YOU STATE THAT YIU WILLFUND YOUR PROPOSED TRIP TO THE UK AND HAVE SUBMITTED YOUR PERSONAL ACCOUNT FROM OCEANIC BANK.YOU STATE YOUR MONTHLY INCOME TO BE 209,367 NAIRA.THE CREDIT AND BALANCE IN YOUR ACCOUNT ARE NOT CONSISTENT WITH YOUR DECLEARED MONTHLY INCOME.ON THE BALANCE OF PROBALITIES I AM NOT SATISFIED THAT YOU GENUINELY SEEKING ENTRY AS A VISITOR.REQUIRED BY PARAGRAPH 41 (1) AND (!!) OF HC395

I HAVE THEREFORE REFUSED YOUR APPLICATION BECAUSE I AM NOT SATISFIED ON THE BALANCE OF PROBABILITIES THAT YOU MEET ALL OF THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE ABOVE PARAGRAPHS OF THE IMMIGRATION RULES
Thank you for putting it up, just what I suspected.

Indeed, you really have no worries.As you can rightly observe, the Notice of Refusal clearly spelt out where you got it wrong which you must address in your next application.

1.If you have pictures such as baby naming ceremony, wifes birthday, family holidays here in Nigeria, etc, then you will have to include it in your new application along with OFFICIAL marriage and birth certificates.

2. Along with your bank statement, if you aremonthly salaried, include your payslips.

3. In the section of the application for additional information, you will have to include information to address the concern raised by the ECO. Alternatively, you can write a letter address to the visas section, BHC Abuja, indicating that you applied for visitors visas before but were refused and that to address the ECO concerns you have provided further evidence in your new application in line with relevant section of immigration rules. When you are ready i can assist u with drafting it.

4. Avoid dumping huge amount of money into your account prior to application.

Summary, safe to apply but you must address the issues raised by the ECO and most people who were in position similar to yours got thier visas at second asking after providing the required evidences. Still have a good chance i think.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by propofol: 10:35pm On Sep 22, 2011
hi guys.
got my visa today after 11 working days . thanks to everyone esp justwise wink wink.
One note of advice, use no agents and go through the what people have posted here.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Isiri: 10:52pm On Sep 22, 2011
@ omo tie, Sir,thanks so much for ur effort and concern,i really appreciate it sir.and i will do as u said.i will get all the pic ready and pls help me write the letter. This is my e mail, eydjoras@yahoo.com

I will be vry glad if u can inbox me ur number,to keep in touch with u often.moreso,my frnd want to apply for any shengen country and he need ur advice.he's holding a virgin passport.

Oncemore,thanks so much sir,may ur future be blessed fortunate AMEN !!!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by OmoTier1(m): 2:27pm On Sep 30, 2011
Isiri:

@ omo tie, Sir,thanks so much for your effort and concern,i really appreciate it sir.and i will do as u said.i will get all the pic ready and pls help me write the letter. This is my e mail, eydjoras@yahoo.com

I will be vry glad if u can inbox me your number,to keep in touch with u often.moreso,my frnd want to apply for any shengen country and he need your advice.he's holding a virgin passport.

Oncemore,thanks so much sir,may your future be blessed fortunate AMEN !!!
Srry got tied up, work load on the up!As for the letter, you need to index the evidence you are providing to enable me draft it.

As for your friend, what is his purpose of traveling to shengen state?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Isiri: 10:55am On Oct 03, 2011
Tanks Sir, my evidence are

Marriage pic,
House property
Employment letter
My kid school receipt
Marriage cert

My frnd,wan 2 go 4 visitn but he doesn't knw anybody in europe so he was tinkin maybe he should apply for tourist visa.
Thanks
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Chabby73: 11:27am On Oct 03, 2011
Hello everyone,
can you please give me advise. my brother's visa was cancelled, which was supposed to expire nov 2012, because an immigration officer found out that he has been working an average of 30 hours/week. ( he is a student and is only allowed to work max of 10 hours). we submitted our appeall and still waiting for their reply. can you please tell me whats best to do and do we still have a chance to win?
many thanks,

chabby73
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by justwise(m): 12:09pm On Oct 03, 2011
Chabby73:

Hello everyone,
can you please give me advise. my brother's visa was cancelled, which was supposed to expire nov 2012, because an immigration officer found out that he has been working an average of 30 hours/week. ( he is a student and is only allowed to work max of 10 hours). we submitted our appeall and still waiting for their reply. can you please tell me whats best to do and do we still have a chance to win?
many thanks,

chabby73

I'm sorry to hear about that, surviving in the UK as a student is hard.

How did the immigration found out? Was he missing lectures and was reported by the school?

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116)

Bus Fare Within Nigeria / Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures / Lithuania Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.