Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Bugaje Says Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North Channels Television - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bugaje Says Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North Channels Television (1481 Views)

Usman Bugaje: "Nigeria's Oil Belongs To The North" (2014) / Bugaje To Buhari: I Rejected Your Appointment Because My Hands Are Full / Usman Bugaje Rejects Ambassadorial Nomination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bugaje Says Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North Channels Television by francis247(m): 4:32pm On Mar 28, 2016
One of the lead speakers at the Northern Leaders’ Conference, Usman Bugaje, has raised a controversial issue on the ownership of Nigeria’s crude oil domiciled majorly in the Niger Delta region.
According to him, it is wrong for any state to claim that it is oil producing because 72% of the total land mass in the country belonged to the North and that by the United Nation’s law; it is only the North that actually has the right to claim ownership.
Dr. Bugaje, in his presentation, insisted that “there are no oil producing states.” He argued that “the only oil producing state is the Nigerian state itself.”
He explained, “Whatever mileage you get in the sea, according to the United Nations Law of the sea, is a measure of the land mass that you have; that is what gives you the mileage into the sea…and the land mass of this country, that gives that long 200 nautical miles or more into the ocean, is because of that 72% of the land mass of this country, which is the North.”
To buttress his argument, Dr. Bugaje also said, “The investment came from the Nigerian state and the territory belongs to the Nigerian state.”
He further maintained, “What they claim is the off shore oil is actually the oil of the North” contending that “we should stop using these terms that have no sense at all. There are no oil producing states.”

1 Like

Re: Bugaje Says Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North Channels Television by Sctests: 4:41pm On Mar 28, 2016
Some Southern sai baba zombies will definitely come and defend Bugaje.
Re: Bugaje Says Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North Channels Television by michiyke2003(m): 5:05pm On Mar 28, 2016
Somebody should help me tell buhari that we don't need change again,we need transformation,and please explain to him what transformation means before he will hang us on electric transformer. Mr lia mohammed should also be educate about transformation before he will lie about how buhari has been making plan to import electric transformer as our new need. As for professor osibanjo,please help me tell him that transformation is not about promising without actualising. We don't need change again. #Nigeriasaynotochange#
Re: Bugaje Says Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North Channels Television by Paulpaulpaul(m): 5:09pm On Mar 28, 2016
These are inflammatory statements that can heat up polity, illiterates won't understand this.

God help Nigeria
Re: Bugaje Says Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North Channels Television by mencade5(m): 5:57pm On Mar 28, 2016
Okay ooo
Re: Bugaje Says Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North Channels Television by enlightenedmind: 6:56pm On Mar 28, 2016
francis247:
One of the lead speakers at the Northern Leaders’ Conference, Usman Bugaje, has raised a controversial issue on the ownership of Nigeria’s crude oil domiciled majorly in the Niger Delta region.
According to him, it is wrong for any state to claim that it is oil producing because 72% of the total land mass in the country belonged to the North and that by the United Nation’s law; it is only the North that actually has the right to claim ownership.
Dr. Bugaje, in his presentation, insisted that “there are no oil producing states.” He argued that “the only oil producing state is the Nigerian state itself.”
He explained, “Whatever mileage you get in the sea, according to the United Nations Law of the sea, is a measure of the land mass that you have; that is what gives you the mileage into the sea…and the land mass of this country, that gives that long 200 nautical miles or more into the ocean, is because of that 72% of the land mass of this country, which is the North.”
To buttress his argument, Dr. Bugaje also said, “The investment came from the Nigerian state and the territory belongs to the Nigerian state.”
He further maintained, “What they claim is the off shore oil is actually the oil of the North” contending that “we should stop using these terms that have no sense at all. There are no oil producing states.”

Well:

1) 72% of the land mass in Nigeria is not North. Benue, Abuja, Jos, Nasarawa, Kogi is not North. I am from Benue state. Northern leaders like to classify us as North when it suits them to sieze control. I know you see North Central. North Central means Middle of the North. We are not North please. We are central Nigeria. We are working on how to disassociate ourselves from these selfish mallams.

2) Even if North owns 99% of Nigeria and the oil is on that 1%, it is not on northern land, it is not northern oil.

3) This is the exact reason why Biafra wnats to go. People like this causing trouble. They know they are not doing anything relevant to the economy, instead of laying low, they are making statements like this.

4)Northern leaders should just go away. They are the cause of all these problems. People without brains making decisions. Media outlets should stop inviting them to public media. They are embarrassing the country.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bugaje Says Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North Channels Television by Acjohn(m): 7:30pm On Mar 28, 2016
I wonder why these people thinks If they fool ppl in their constituency they can fool all in Nigeria.
Go talk that for Niger delta let see if you will come back alive.
I don't blame you, I blame those that sold their conscience and brought GMB to power
Re: Bugaje Says Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North Channels Television by Sctests: 8:22pm On Mar 28, 2016
enlightenedmind:

Well:

1) 72% of the land mass in Nigeria is not North. Benue, Abuja, Jos, Nasarawa, Kogi is not North. I am from Benue state. Northern leaders like to classify us as North when it suits them to sieze control. I know you see North Central. North Central means Middle of the North. We are not North please. We are central Nigeria. We are working on how to disassociate ourselves from these selfish mallams.

2) Even if North owns 99% of Nigeria and the oil is on that 1%, it is not on northern land, it is not northern oil.

3) This is the exact reason why Biafra wnats to go. People like this causing trouble. They know they are not doing anything relevant to the economy, instead of laying low, they are making statements like this.

4)Northern leaders should just go away. They are the cause of all these problems. People without brains making decisions. Media outlets should stop inviting them to public media. They are embarrassing the country.

We may all want to deny and sound political correct even deny he never said such but heaven and earth knows that BUGAJE, speaks the mind of the core north and even Buhari. Like BUGAJE, Like JUNAID, like Ciroma.

They get pats on the back from the likes of Buhari and Biafrans know this aptly and will represent the greatest thread to their agenda to Islamize and enslave everyone else.

If they think oil belong to the north, we dare him to enter creeks around the Bight of Biafra and put and hoist an Arewa flag.
I'm really sorry but the country has to crumble and save Africa from it's biggest embarrasment. That's the only way out.
Re: Bugaje Says Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North Channels Television by francis247(m): 11:57pm On Mar 28, 2016
I think the man needs psych evaluation. He's just seeking 4 attention
Re: Bugaje Says Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North Channels Television by Nobody: 12:32am On Mar 29, 2016
francis247:
your president can be nothing other than cane to beat the idiots, north a store in which canes are kept
Re: Bugaje Says Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North Channels Television by meccuno: 12:34am On Mar 29, 2016
Gideon Orkar would have done the world a favour but talking too much was the beginning of the end for him.......and we lost another chance to make it right!!
Re: Bugaje Says Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North Channels Television by Nobody: 12:37am On Mar 29, 2016
francis247:
your president cant be nothing other than cane to beat the idiots, north a store in which canes are kept
I cant just keep waiting to see when FG will flow that money into the circulation and the money disppear with speed of light.
Re: Bugaje Says Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North Channels Television by Nobody: 12:38am On Mar 29, 2016
francis247:
your president cant be nothing other than cane to beat the idiots, north a store in which canes are kept
I cant just keep waiting to see when FG will flow that money into the circulation and the money disppears with speed of light.
Re: Bugaje Says Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North Channels Television by francis247(m): 12:35pm On Mar 29, 2016
ogechieku:
I cant just keep waiting to see when FG will flow that money into the circulation and the money disppear with speed of light.
How?
Re: Bugaje Says Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North Channels Television by LudaChriz(m): 1:10pm On Mar 29, 2016
Buhari looking for every available means to unleash his Northern agenda on Nigeria!

But thank God everyday aren't cowards like Tinubu and Oba Akiolu... !

Fayose, FFK, Wike, Mimiko, Ekweremadu and the likes down South will be waiting for him
Re: Bugaje Says Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North Channels Television by comos: 1:11pm On Mar 29, 2016
enlightenedmind:

Well:

but your people voted massively for Buhari.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Orders NASS To Subject MDA's To Fiscal Responsibility Act / Recesssion: More Business Closures, Workers’ Retrenchment Loom, : VANGUARD / Next Edo Governor Must Come Frm My Political Family i.e Ize Iyamu- Igbinedion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.