Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,085 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

Soup Money: How Much Is Ever Enough? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Soup Money: How Much Is Ever Enough? (2835 Views)

Wife Caught Her Cheating Husband With Another Lady, Pours Hot Soup On Him / Ewedu Soup Kills Policeman, His Pregnant Wife, Entire Family, 2 Dogs In Kaduna / If Your Wife Serve You Pounded Yam & Egusi Soup Like This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soup Money: How Much Is Ever Enough? by Holyfield1(m): 11:51pm On Mar 28, 2016
Please I just wanna know cox from my little experience, I realised some married women do complain about the amount their husby give them for soup, saying they have to add more to it and all that.Imagine a woman collecting 1,500 every 3 days and still complaining that the money isn't enough.A family of 4 shocked
Re: Soup Money: How Much Is Ever Enough? by Cutehector(m): 11:53pm On Mar 28, 2016
Well it depends on d squad Dat are in d house. U can't expect a pot of soup to last in a family of five grown up guys and one girl..
Re: Soup Money: How Much Is Ever Enough? by Nobody: 11:57pm On Mar 28, 2016
Would've comfortably answered your questions if it were to be two years ago but with the current change in town now, hmmmm... I will have to check the current exchange rate before I can give a figure which you know is bound to change tomorrow due to scarcity of forex.

1 Like

Re: Soup Money: How Much Is Ever Enough? by Pineapp: 12:04am On Mar 29, 2016
Several factors are currently affecting"soup money" embarassed grin

New generation ladies who don't want to learn how to manage in times like this angry

All the numerous babes on Papa Mgbeke's payroll grin

Buhari's regime lipsrsealed

And the increased love for swallow generated from wanting to eat something that can suffice for three square meal in the absence of money cry

1 Like

Re: Soup Money: How Much Is Ever Enough? by SexyStrawberry(f): 12:05am On Mar 29, 2016
hmmmmm, na wa o! cooking for myself alone, 1,500 never do me buy food stuffs for market, not to talk of using it to cook for my husband and children! haba! OP fear God naaw! oya u enter market see how things be for there

9 Likes

Re: Soup Money: How Much Is Ever Enough? by RetroBoy: 12:09am On Mar 29, 2016
Specify, op. Okro, egusi, vegetable, bean, banga or plain soup? With meat ot without? How many litres?
Re: Soup Money: How Much Is Ever Enough? by Nobody: 1:01am On Mar 29, 2016
So like how much do you normally use to make a pot of soup since 1500 naira seems to be too small f you..

SexyStrawberry:
hmmmmm, na wa o! cooking for myself alone, 1,500 never do me buy food stuffs for market, not to talk of using it to cook for my husband and children! haba! OP fear God naaw! oya u enter market see how things be for there
Re: Soup Money: How Much Is Ever Enough? by Yuneehk(f): 1:02am On Mar 29, 2016
Alot of factors are put into consideration before such a question can be answered like the kind of soup, the type of animal protein you'd love to use, the number of people to consume it, your location too matters

3 Likes

Re: Soup Money: How Much Is Ever Enough? by ojun50(m): 1:15am On Mar 29, 2016
Haba 1500 is small oh, u just hv to add extra money for pant&bra, sandals, cream etc befor d soup money we reach. Women and ladies with the wahala for money
Re: Soup Money: How Much Is Ever Enough? by ivyT(f): 2:24am On Mar 29, 2016
Op ,are u for real..if u cook soup finish,shey u go drink am?
Re: Soup Money: How Much Is Ever Enough? by MabraO: 5:39am On Mar 29, 2016
This looks strange to me tho
Do married women still collect soup money from their husband on regular basis?

Not talking about those people living in a one room apartment oh, cos those ones still living single life not married life

1 Like

Re: Soup Money: How Much Is Ever Enough? by marshalcarter: 6:02am On Mar 29, 2016
Okra #100
Grinded pepper #20
Ugu #50
Maggi nd salt 20+50
Red oil #50
Fish#200
Meat#300

Total-790

Den 1paint of garri #300

All 1090.....maybe buy #10 chingum grin so dat while cookin..you go dey whine mouth cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Soup Money: How Much Is Ever Enough? by PinketteDawn: 6:10am On Mar 29, 2016
[quote author=marshalcarter post=44206135]Okra #100
Grinded pepper #20
Ugu #50
Maggi nd salt 20+50
Red oil #50
Fish#200
Meat#300

Total-790

Den 1paint of garri #300

All 1090.....maybe buy #10 chingum grin so dat while cookin..you go dey whine mouth cheesy[/quote
Onions, Crayfish, dry fish, stock fish no dey this one oh. Beta soup na beta money make am...lol

3 Likes

Re: Soup Money: How Much Is Ever Enough? by PinketteDawn: 6:16am On Mar 29, 2016
Yuneehk:
Alot of factors are put into consideration before such a question can be answered like the kind of soup, the type of animal protein you'd love to use, the number of people to consume it, your location too matters

Even the number of meat/fish you like to eat per meal. Some men will get annoyed when you give them one piece of meat but bring money nah, they will give you 1000....lol

Location is key too. 100 Naira okra for a pot of soup in Enugu may be enough but not for same pot of soup for someone in Port Harcourt.
Re: Soup Money: How Much Is Ever Enough? by marshalcarter: 6:19am On Mar 29, 2016
[quote author=PinketteDawn post=44206198][/quote] Omoh fish replace fish..ook...I go return the chingum buy onion #10
Re: Soup Money: How Much Is Ever Enough? by byvan03: 6:25am On Mar 29, 2016
Any amount can cook soup depending on what you call soup. 1500 soup will certainly look the part, a decent soup should be from 2000.
Re: Soup Money: How Much Is Ever Enough? by Yuneehk(f): 6:45am On Mar 29, 2016
PinketteDawn:

Even the number of meat/fish you like to eat per meal. Some men will get annoyed when you give them one piece of meat but bring money nah, they will give you 1000....lol

Location is key too. 100 Naira okra for a pot of soup in Enugu may be enough but not for same pot of soup for someone in Port Harcourt.
Exactly!
Re: Soup Money: How Much Is Ever Enough? by debris: 7:28am On Mar 29, 2016
marshalcarter:
Okra #100
Grinded pepper #20
Ugu #50
Maggi nd salt 20+50
Red oil #50
Fish#200
Meat#300

Total-790

Den 1paint of garri #300

All 1090.....maybe buy #10 chingum grin so dat while cookin..you go dey whine mouth cheesy

were u see #200 fish Abi na bone u dey chop? undecided
That garri and okra na for only u or stil for the fam?

2 Likes

Re: Soup Money: How Much Is Ever Enough? by halfricanadian(f): 7:32am On Mar 29, 2016
At most 2k for soup for a week sef

cry cry dont blame me blame d economy
Re: Soup Money: How Much Is Ever Enough? by marshalcarter: 7:56am On Mar 29, 2016
debris:

were u see #200 fish Abi na bone u dey chop? undecided That garri and okra na for only u or stil for the fam?
Kota grin
Re: Soup Money: How Much Is Ever Enough? by Olasco93: 8:56am On Mar 29, 2016
No amount can be enough and any amount can be enough. Meaning it all depends on the kind & type of woman you have as a Wife to some extent.
Re: Soup Money: How Much Is Ever Enough? by MartineeVIP(f): 9:36am On Mar 29, 2016
It depends on the type of soup you want to cook, if you are cooking the one you want to manage for 2days I think 1500 will be enough but using 1500 to cook one big family size abeg e no reach at all even for someone living alone I don't think such amount of money will be enough considering the fact that things are so expensive in market now.
Re: Soup Money: How Much Is Ever Enough? by Aitee1: 9:44am On Mar 29, 2016
Now that we're courting whenever he calls me to come prepare a meal for him the least amount he drops is 3k and sometimes I manage that cos he likes much chewable in his meal but a moment we become one I'll manage 5k.
Re: Soup Money: How Much Is Ever Enough? by peeparty(m): 10:13am On Mar 29, 2016
Aya manage 2hun?
Aitee1:
Now that we're courting whenever he calls me to come prepare a meal for him the least amount he drops is 3k and sometimes I manage that cos he likes much chewable in his meal but a moment we become one I'll manage 5k.
Re: Soup Money: How Much Is Ever Enough? by Aitee1: 12:43pm On Mar 29, 2016
peeparty:
Aya manage 2hun?

grin
Re: Soup Money: How Much Is Ever Enough? by SexyStrawberry(f): 1:15pm On Mar 29, 2016
Equalizer:
So like how much do you normally use to make a pot of soup since 1500 naira seems to be too small f you..

Bros do i need to say it? enter market naaw! It's simple, just enter market make u go see werrin dey happen for there, after all guys too go to markets n cook as well, i have brothers who cooks as well, is like u don't know how to cook that's why u are sounding this way, go to market and see how many things u can buy with just 1,500
Re: Soup Money: How Much Is Ever Enough? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Mar 29, 2016
Hahahahaha... am one bachelor that can joke with anything but not with my belly.. Though i won't say i'm a trained chef but I learnt a lot from my beautiful mum.. Well, Many factors like location, size, quantity of meat and type of soup one wants to cook will definitely affect the price either by taking the price up or down.. As a single guy, 1500 can comfortably make a pot of soup for me that will last for a whole month...
SexyStrawberry:

Bros do i need to say it? enter market naaw! It's simple, just enter market make u go see werrin dey happen for there, after all guys too go to markets n cook as well, i have brothers who cooks as well, is like u don't know how to cook that's why u are sounding this way, go to market and see how many things u can buy with just 1,500
Re: Soup Money: How Much Is Ever Enough? by SexyStrawberry(f): 1:41pm On Mar 29, 2016
Equalizer:
Hahahahaha... am one bachelor that can joke with anything but not with mu belly.. Though i won't say i'm a trained chef but I learnt a lot from my beautiful mum.. Well, Many factors like location, size, quantity of meat and type of soup one wants to cook will definitely affect the price either by taking the price up or down.. As a single guy, 1500 can comfortable make a pot of soup for me that will last for a whole month...

Indeed! Bros u no sabi lie coz dis ur lie ehn, e carry gele, tie wrapper come wear canvas sidon for chair like chairman with beta vexation undecided

5 Likes

Re: Soup Money: How Much Is Ever Enough? by lilmax(m): 1:59pm On Mar 29, 2016
1500 cannot even get you a watery egusi soup

1 Like

Re: Soup Money: How Much Is Ever Enough? by ify84(m): 2:55pm On Mar 29, 2016
I no understand wetin una de talk o... My wife de use 500 naira minus garri, do better soup, not watery... Two to 3 days... We are two...

Only that, no much meat and fish inside... But the thing de sweet...

Be like say na meat and stock fish de make soup money increase sha.

1 Like

Re: Soup Money: How Much Is Ever Enough? by pinkiberry(m): 4:07pm On Mar 29, 2016
Holyfield1:
Please I just wanna know cox from my little experience, I realised some married women do complain about the amount their husby give them for soup, saying they have to add more to it and all that.Imagine a woman collecting 1,500 every 3 days and still complaining that the money isn't enough.A family of 4 shocked
I use 2k to cook delicious rich soup for I,my dad and my brother and its enough for us for at least 5days.

1 Like

Re: Soup Money: How Much Is Ever Enough? by pinkiberry(m): 4:08pm On Mar 29, 2016
lilmax:
1500 cannot even get you a watery egusi soup
that's not true.

(1) (2) (Reply)

If You Have Boys, Don't Rejoice Yet That You Have Children: Pastor Funke Adejumo / Woman Killed Because Of Cheating / Sisters Fighting Each Other For Over 5 Years....both Sides Of The Story.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.