Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,216 members, 7,836,051 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

Hausa Wedding Traditions That Will Make You Want To Marry A Northerner - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Hausa Wedding Traditions That Will Make You Want To Marry A Northerner (580 Views)

My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. / 'Lack Of Sex Will Make You Mad' - Nigerian "Slay Queen" / Ladies: Can You Marry A Man Who Is Currently Earning N50,000 Monthly As Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hausa Wedding Traditions That Will Make You Want To Marry A Northerner by Nobody: 7:09am On Mar 29, 2016
Northern Nigeria is truly beautiful.

The Hausas of the North have amazing food, a rich culture and a long history. Forget the recent rise of Boko Haram insurgents and the Fulani herdsmen rampage, northern Nigeria is a beautiful place.
The geography of Northern Nigeria is so diverse and breathtaking. From mountains to valleys to deserts to forests, nature totally bestowed northern Nigeria with a rich landscape.

One of the things I love about the Hausas apart from their food is their marriage traditions. Elegant brides, grooms and marriage customs dating back centuries will have your heart melting.
Here are my favourite Hausa marriage traditions:

1. The Bride’s Body Art

This is called “Laali”. A mixture of Henna is used to paint elaborate designs on the bride’s hands and legs. Her bridesmaids also get designs but theirs isn’t as elaborate as the bride’s. [b]VIEW PICTURES AND MORE HERE[/b]http://www.9jalingo.com/2016/03/hausa-wedding-traditions-that-will-make.html#more
Re: Hausa Wedding Traditions That Will Make You Want To Marry A Northerner by missdebs(f): 7:12am On Mar 29, 2016
one tradition counters all this: FLOGGING
Re: Hausa Wedding Traditions That Will Make You Want To Marry A Northerner by Xclusivegrin007(m): 7:24am On Mar 29, 2016
Ok

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians On Fuel Queue Saved A Woman Who Went Into Labour At Bus Stop / Give Your Opinion: Is "CLUBBING" A Good Or Bad Idea? / This Pattern Worked Very Well.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.