Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,776 members, 7,862,550 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 07:18 PM

What Do You Do When Your Parents Can't Stand The Person You Are Dating? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Do You Do When Your Parents Can't Stand The Person You Are Dating? (704 Views)

I Want To Start Yahoo Scam! I Can't Stand The Oppression Again! / I Cant Just Stand The Insult.here If I Contest For Mr Nairaland / Name The Moniker Of Person You Think That Has A Head Like This One. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Do When Your Parents Can't Stand The Person You Are Dating? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Mar 29, 2016
Many parents are overprotective simply because they love you.They see potential danger in many mundane situations.For example: They may tell you what to do and how to do it,and if you ask to go somewhere alone with a friend,they may decide not to let you go.Most parents are simply afraid that you will fail without their intervention...How do you handle it when your parents doesn't approve of a decision you've made?
Re: What Do You Do When Your Parents Can't Stand The Person You Are Dating? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Mar 29, 2016
cheesy grin angry lipsrsealed
Re: What Do You Do When Your Parents Can't Stand The Person You Are Dating? by Pheals(f): 8:54pm On Mar 29, 2016

run away with him cheesy lobatan

Re: What Do You Do When Your Parents Can't Stand The Person You Are Dating? by Mutuwa(m): 8:55pm On Mar 29, 2016
suzan404:
Many parents are overprotective simply because they love you.They see potential danger in many mundane situations.For example: They may tell you what to do and how to do it,and if you ask to go somewhere alone with a friend,they may decide not to let you go.Most parents are simply afraid that you will fail without their intervention...How do you handle it when your parents doesn't approve of a decision you've made?

There is wisdom in adherence to parental dictates.Many times than often,if you go contrary to them,some how,some where something goes wrong,it will take years for them to forget.They will reprimand one with that mistake often.

The heart sees further than the head.A caring parent will let you slide a bit,but will have some domineering factor on one,especially girls.For the boys,it's not usually like this,in most cases.

Logically flow and understand with them ok?
Re: What Do You Do When Your Parents Can't Stand The Person You Are Dating? by Tundenoni(m): 8:59pm On Mar 29, 2016
Pheals:

[b][/b]

omo ale ni e!
as in..omo jati jati.
Re: What Do You Do When Your Parents Can't Stand The Person You Are Dating? by Smellymouth: 8:59pm On Mar 29, 2016
Parents are not always right. Objections based on racism, classism, religious bias or homophobia are not acceptable. While your parents may have the best of intentions with these types of objections you need to hold your ground and not give in to their bigotry.
Your parents are likely objecting because they fear for you. They are probably worried about how the world will react to your relationship. Being in an unconventional relationship can be difficult. The world can be a cruel place. Your parents are probably worried about seeing you struggle. Their reaction is wrong but it is based on their love for you and their desire to see you get the best out of life..

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Do When Your Parents Can't Stand The Person You Are Dating? by Mznaett: 9:00pm On Mar 29, 2016
(God forbid otongue) Assuming I find myself in such state,the best thing for me to do is to remain single for life since the one my heart desires has been rejected by my own parents.sad
Re: What Do You Do When Your Parents Can't Stand The Person You Are Dating? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Mar 29, 2016
Mutuwa:

There is wisdom in adherence to parental dictates.Many times than often,if you go contrary to them,some how,some where something goes wrong,it will take years for them to forget.They will reprimand one with that mistake often.

The heart sees further than the head.A caring parent will let you slide a bit,but will have some domineering factor on one,especially girls.For the boys,it's not usually like this,in most cases.

Logically flow and understand with them ok?
but having a controlling parents can sometimes feel like you're locked up in a jail cell?
Re: What Do You Do When Your Parents Can't Stand The Person You Are Dating? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Mar 29, 2016
Pheals:

[b][/b]

lmao
Re: What Do You Do When Your Parents Can't Stand The Person You Are Dating? by Pheals(f): 9:05pm On Mar 29, 2016
Tundenoni:

omo ale ni e!
as in..omo jati jati.

y abusing me now ,!! Abeg o

Re: What Do You Do When Your Parents Can't Stand The Person You Are Dating? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Mar 29, 2016
Smellymouth:
Parents are not always right. Objections based on racism, classism, religious bias or homophobia are not acceptable. While your parents may have the best of intentions with these types of objections you need to hold your ground and not give in to their bigotry.
Your parents are likely objecting because they fear for you. They are probably worried about how the world will react to your relationship. Being in an unconventional relationship can be difficult. The world can be a cruel place. Your parents are probably worried about seeing you struggle. Their reaction is wrong but it is based on their love for you and their desire to see you get the best out of life..
hmm..thanks
Re: What Do You Do When Your Parents Can't Stand The Person You Are Dating? by Mutuwa(m): 9:08pm On Mar 29, 2016
suzan404:
but having a controlling parents can sometimes feel like you're locked up in a jail cell?

It is,but like I said mostly for girls.For the guys,well some controlling parents will not really dominate him,except form the onset he had potray himself as unintelligible,frail,timid and parents pets.
Re: What Do You Do When Your Parents Can't Stand The Person You Are Dating? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Mar 29, 2016
Mutuwa:

It is,but like I said mostly for girls.For the guys,well some controlling parents will not really dominate him,except form the onset he had potray himself as unintelligible,frail,timid and parents pets.
even if you are a guy,it won't stop some parents from making you doubt your own decision-making abilities.

(1) (Reply)

Ladies, Would You Accept A Friend Request From This Man? (photo) / Which Is Sexier / Don Jazzy's Father's Warns Nigerian Artistes Over Sudden Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.