Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Amaechi To Wike: Monorail Belongs To Rivers State, Not Me - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi To Wike: Monorail Belongs To Rivers State, Not Me (750 Views)

The Dismissed Police Officers Attached To Wike (Photos) / What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants / Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Amaechi To Wike: Monorail Belongs To Rivers State, Not Me by shaiba(f): 1:43am On Mar 30, 2016
Minister of Transportation and former governor of Rivers State, Mr Rotimi Amaechi, has warned the state governor, Mr Nyesom Wike to stop playing politics with the lives of Rivers people, just as he noted that the monorail project belonged to the state and not him (Amaechi). Amaechi’s Media Office in a statement, yesterday, said “We watched with disbelief the recent television interview of Governor Wike, excerpts of which had also been used in some newspapers. It was the typical Wike, twisting, butchering and turning the truth upside down and in most cases telling outright deceptive lies in his failed bid to denigrate, tarnish and rubbish the towering image, person and laudable, landmark achievements of his predecessor and now Minister of Transportation, Mr Amaechi. “Most troubling, was Wike’s propensity, without any qualms whatsoever, to play politics with the safety and security of the lives of Rivers people. This is indeed most worrisome. It is no secret that Wike plays politics with development, the welfare and well-being of Rivers people. But no government should play politics with the safety and security of its citizens like Wike is sadly and shamelessly doing. “On the Rivers Monorail project, Governor Wike said that he will not touch Amaechi’s monorail and that the entire state has told him not to continue with the project. Can someone please tell Wike that the monorail belongs to Rivers State and it’s not Amaechi’s private monorail. Pray, Governor Wike, which Rivers people told you not to touch the monorail project? “Is it the same Rivers people that have consistently praised the project and see it as a catalyst to jump-start the local economy and place the state at the forefront of transport infrastructural development in Africa? Or is Wike aggregating the jaundiced views of the coterie of court-jesters that hang around him daily, as the opinion of the entire people of the state? It is sad, very sad that Wike has elected to play politics with this laudable project that was almost completed before Amaechi left office.”

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/amaechi-wike-monorail-belongs-rivers-state-not/
Re: Amaechi To Wike: Monorail Belongs To Rivers State, Not Me by Wadasco(m): 1:53am On Mar 30, 2016
But no government should play politics with the safety and security of its citizens like Wike is sadly and shamelessly doing. “On the Rivers Monorail project, Governor Wike said that he will not touch Amaechi’s monorail and that the entire state has told him not to continue with the project. Can someone please tell Wike that the monorail belongs to Rivers State and it’s not Amaechi’s private monorail.
Re: Amaechi To Wike: Monorail Belongs To Rivers State, Not Me by Wadasco(m): 1:54am On Mar 30, 2016
Wadasco:
But no government should play politics with the safety and security of its citizens like Wike is sadly and shamelessly doing. “On the Rivers Monorail project, Governor Wike said that he will not touch Amaechi’s monorail and that the entire state has told him not to continue with the project. Can someone please tell Wike that the monorail belongs to Rivers State and it’s not Amaechi’s private monorail.
This is true
Re: Amaechi To Wike: Monorail Belongs To Rivers State, Not Me by gozmok1(m): 1:55am On Mar 30, 2016
so that imbe......... still get get mouth to talk

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi To Wike: Monorail Belongs To Rivers State, Not Me by Nobody: 2:18am On Mar 30, 2016
Wadasco:
But no
government should play politics with the safety and
security of its citizens like Wike is sadly and shamelessly
doing. “On the Rivers Monorail project, Governor Wike
said that he will not touch Amaechi’s monorail and that
the entire state has told him not to continue with the
project. Can someone please tell Wike that the monorail
belongs to Rivers State and it’s not Amaechi’s private
monorail.
Have you been to rivers state lately to see the so called monorail project? That is not what the people need. Don't be blinded by hate dear. Wike explained why he won't continue during his interview.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi To Wike: Monorail Belongs To Rivers State, Not Me by wilcox(m): 2:20am On Mar 30, 2016
Amechi keep shut; Wike is talking. We tell you say we want monorail?
The drama so far:
Wike: I will not touch Amechi monorail

Amechi :monorail belongs to Rivers people

Buhari : amechi keep quite Wike is talking

DAKUKU : boss no talk o, you know say Wike Sabi vex. So that him fit allow us win our ward come 2019. At least the least ambassadorial position go reach you and me I go be P. A to whoever is the vice president so that the ministry will be moving.

Tony Okocha : abeg baba, use your high office help me beg Wike I no want follow amechi again the guy too talk.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi To Wike: Monorail Belongs To Rivers State, Not Me by HARDDON: 2:29am On Mar 30, 2016
Angelberry:
Have you been to rivers state lately to see the so called monorail project? That is not what the people need. Don't be blinded by hate dear. Wike explained why he won't continue during his interview.

Sure say ....
They want him to waste more scarce resources on that white elephant project after he abandoned it n used d money to sponsor some election, he is looking for who wud help cover His shame.
The project stands as a testament to his monumental his failure as a governor.

N he wud keep failing: the rerun election results have been released, I'm Sure he hasn't seen it yet thatz why he had d balls to make dis press release.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi To Wike: Monorail Belongs To Rivers State, Not Me by wilcox(m): 2:34am On Mar 30, 2016
shaiba:
Minister of Transportation and former governor of Rivers State, Mr Rotimi Amaechi, has warned the state governor, Mr Nyesom Wike to stop playing politics with the lives of Rivers people, just as he noted that the monorail project belonged to the state and not him (Amaechi). Amaechi’s Media Office in a statement, yesterday, said “We watched with disbelief the recent television interview of Governor Wike, excerpts of which had also been used in some newspapers. It was the typical Wike, twisting, butchering and turning the truth upside down and in most cases telling outright deceptive lies in his failed bid to denigrate, tarnish and rubbish the towering image, person and laudable, landmark achievements of his predecessor and now Minister of Transportation, Mr Amaechi. “Most troubling, was Wike’s propensity, without any qualms whatsoever, to play politics with the safety and security of the lives of Rivers people. This is indeed most worrisome. It is no secret that Wike plays politics with development, the welfare and well-being of Rivers people. But no government should play politics with the safety and security of its citizens like Wike is sadly and shamelessly doing. “On the Rivers Monorail project, Governor Wike said that he will not touch Amaechi’s monorail and that the entire state has told him not to continue with the project. Can someone please tell Wike that the monorail belongs to Rivers State and it’s not Amaechi’s private monorail. Pray, Governor Wike, which Rivers people told you not to touch the monorail project? “Is it the same Rivers people that have consistently praised the project and see it as a catalyst to jump-start the local economy and place the state at the forefront of transport infrastructural development in Africa? Or is Wike aggregating the jaundiced views of the coterie of court-jesters that hang around him daily, as the opinion of the entire people of the state? It is sad, very sad that Wike has elected to play politics with this laudable project that was almost completed before Amaechi left office.”

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/amaechi-wike-monorail-belongs-rivers-state-not/
The image is not only towering, it has sky rocketed as well but unfortunately it is nose diving presently in Politics we have different stages. Stage 1: when the people so believe in you and are ready to give you that chance of proving yourself to them.
Stage 2: when your good work is working magic for you and your campaign is easy because you don't need to say much.
And finally stage 3: when your media team is working so hard to package you for you to remain relevant in the scream of things. Amechi is actually in stage 3 now.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi To Wike: Monorail Belongs To Rivers State, Not Me by PRYCE(m): 2:50am On Mar 30, 2016
Rants of a cursed and frustrated fellow!

1 Like

Re: Amaechi To Wike: Monorail Belongs To Rivers State, Not Me by nnachukz(m): 2:50am On Mar 30, 2016
Until Buhari allows EFCC to probe how you got to spend such exorbitant amount on that project nobody will touch it. You knew it belonged to Rivers yet you duped them for 8 good years without achieving anything. Let that mono rail stand as your legacy for posterity to judge you on that.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi To Wike: Monorail Belongs To Rivers State, Not Me by unapapadeycraze: 2:51am On Mar 30, 2016
Why don't we just have two parties in nigeria? All these hope party, aa e.t.c, they are just waste of time.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi To Wike: Monorail Belongs To Rivers State, Not Me by Kossyafocha(m): 2:54am On Mar 30, 2016
gozmok1:
so that imbe......... still get get mouth to talk
I wonder d term u will nw use to describe ur good for nothing father!
Re: Amaechi To Wike: Monorail Belongs To Rivers State, Not Me by Nobody: 3:02am On Mar 30, 2016
If Amaechi truly believe in the mono rail project that more people of the state despise so much..... ..let him finish it since he is the minister of Transport....or is it only about riding GEJ train? Let him stop inciting anybody against the Governor when he is the one we should be angry with because if only he had put that money into the road projects he started...... We know how that would have helped us.

It just couldn't be easier and better than what it is right now for him to finish what he started since he's the minister of transport.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi To Wike: Monorail Belongs To Rivers State, Not Me by romme2u: 3:38am On Mar 30, 2016
ehn ma people banza don land but this journey might be bumpy
Re: Amaechi To Wike: Monorail Belongs To Rivers State, Not Me by lekjons(m): 3:51am On Mar 30, 2016
that one na dia own wahala jare..
Re: Amaechi To Wike: Monorail Belongs To Rivers State, Not Me by Nobody: 3:58am On Mar 30, 2016
HARDDON:

Sure say ....
They want him to waste more scarce resources on that white elephant project after he abandoned it n used d money to sponsor some election, he is looking for who wud help cover His shame.
The project stands as a testament to his monumental his failure as a governor.

N he wud keep failing: the rerun election results have been released, I'm Sure he hasn't seen it yet thatz why he had d balls to make dis press release.
The result will definitely give heart attack
Re: Amaechi To Wike: Monorail Belongs To Rivers State, Not Me by Mynd44: 5:53am On Mar 30, 2016

(1)

The Dilemma Of Minorities In The Unity Of Nigeria / We Stand With Nigeria In Battle Against Boko Haram –UK / What We Expect From Buhari, By Ex-militant Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.