Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,296 members, 7,860,726 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:58 PM

Ladies, Whats Your Criteria For Responding To Messages from guys on social media - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, Whats Your Criteria For Responding To Messages from guys on social media (6106 Views)

Ladies Whats Your Opinion About Pretty Boys <pics> / 7 Ways Nigerian Ladies Stylishly Request Recharge Card From Guys / Boyfriend Shaves Her Eyebrows Over Compliments From Guys At The Club (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, Whats Your Criteria For Responding To Messages from guys on social media by joey150(m): 10:56am On Mar 30, 2016
MissGdope:

grin grin lol why you throwing shade at mozambicans cheesy
i waz in uk for a while..and you'll think a naija gal would be happy to see a fellow country man..its not always the case. I wonder why oh.

As for the mozambicans am sure they would understand. grin . its a complimentary shade grin grin
Re: Ladies, Whats Your Criteria For Responding To Messages from guys on social media by Nobody: 11:02am On Mar 30, 2016
joey150:
i waz in uk for a while..and you'll think a naija gal would be happy to see a fellow country man..its not always the case. I wonder why oh.

As for the mozambicans am sure they would understand. grin . its a complimentary shade grin grin
where in the UK?
Where I live, that's not the case. We tend to make friends with each other and form friendship groups. I'm particularly happy to see a fellow countryman. cheesy
Re: Ladies, Whats Your Criteria For Responding To Messages from guys on social media by joey150(m): 11:05am On Mar 30, 2016
MissGdope:

where in the UK?
Where I live, that's not the case. We tend to make friends with each other and form friendship groups. I'm particularly happy to see a fellow countryman. cheesy
i stayed at Sunderland...well maybe i judged too soon.. But first impressions were not encouraging really.
Re: Ladies, Whats Your Criteria For Responding To Messages from guys on social media by Nobody: 11:11am On Mar 30, 2016
joey150:
i stayed at Sunderland...well maybe i judged too soon.. But first impressions were not encouraging really.
Oh okay....I've never been to Sunderland. Things are probably different over there. Here in Swansea, there isn't many of us so when we see someone else who's black/Nigerian/African, we're happy to talk to each other. Although I do get what you mean cos I've noticed some Nigerian girls always have a mean "don't talk to me" expression on their face and I don't know why. But most of them are actually nice
Re: Ladies, Whats Your Criteria For Responding To Messages from guys on social media by joey150(m): 11:19am On Mar 30, 2016
MissGdope:

Oh okay....I've never been to Sunderland. Things are probably different over there. Here in Swansea, there isn't many of us so when we see someone else who's black/Nigerian/African, we're happy to talk to each other. Although I do get what you mean cos I've noticed some Nigerian girls always have a mean "don't talk to me" expression on their face and I don't know why. But most of them are actually nice
ok I'll visit swansea then when next kiss. Swansea is in Wales right? Ohhh i seee.. Hope you go to the liberty staduim??
Re: Ladies, Whats Your Criteria For Responding To Messages from guys on social media by Izen: 11:22am On Mar 30, 2016
MissGdope:
I always reply to a "hi" or "hello" cos I'm friendly like that smiley

BUT the convo goes sour for me when y'all do the following...

1. Talking about love! like really? undecided
2. If it's whatsapp and I ask how you got my number, just say the truth instead of lies from the pit of hell such as " I just bought a new phone and found the number on it"....seriously? do I look like mumu to you
3. "Tell me about yourself". okay I don't know about other people but I find this really awkward and annoying cos why should I start listing random things about myself. Instead, ask more specific questions like "how old are you"
4. Bad spelling. and I dont mean typos oo, neither am I saying you must spell everything perfectly....this is what I'm talking about " u r xo xo pretty. Will wana knw u beta". Once I see something like this, I don't even bother replying

This is just to name a few but I have noticed these things so much that I can now tell when a Nigerian guy is texting me without even checking the number. Not saying they're all the same tho but I can tell grin

My sister, your are so spot on. Guys don't know that we can smell their lies from miles away. Just tell me how you got my number, it is not that deep. It is not a crime to steal number from someone's phone so long as it is not the owner's partner. And this goes for both genders. I was the first to actually call my current boyfriend. He is cute and all. I told him how I got his number before he even asked. And because he is mature, he was cool with it. I think me being honest with him actually got him to be open with me. He got to know me better and eventually asked me out about 3 months later. It is really not that deep mehn.
Re: Ladies, Whats Your Criteria For Responding To Messages from guys on social media by Nobody: 11:23am On Mar 30, 2016
joey150:
ok I'll visit swansea then when next kiss. Swansea is in Wales right? Ohhh i seee.. Hope you go to the liberty staduim??
Yes its in Wales.
Nope I've never been to the stadium and probably never will unless I win a free ticket or someone buys it for me lol. I don't see why I should pay for a ticket when I can watch the game on TV...for free cheesy
Re: Ladies, Whats Your Criteria For Responding To Messages from guys on social media by joey150(m): 11:40am On Mar 30, 2016
MissGdope:

Yes its in Wales.
Nope I've never been to the stadium and probably never will unless I win a free ticket or someone buys it for me lol. I don't see why I should pay for a ticket when I can watch the game on TV...for free cheesy
grin its a differnet feeling oh..just do it for the experience.. Shouldnt be too expensive. Same way people go to cinemas when they can see a movie on their pc tongue
Re: Ladies, Whats Your Criteria For Responding To Messages from guys on social media by joey150(m): 11:42am On Mar 30, 2016
Izen:

My sister, your are so spot on. Guys don't know that we can smell their lies from miles away. Just tell me how you got my number, it is not that deep. It is not a crime to steal number from someone's phone so long as it is not the owner's partner. And this goes for both genders. I was the first to actually call my current boyfriend. He is cute and all. I told him how I got his number before he even asked. And because he is mature, he was cool with it. I think me being honest with him actually got him to be open with me. He got to know me better and eventually asked me out about 3 months later. It is really not that deep mehn.
grin grin . some girls that number question is a wicked trap..no matter what you say they must find fault and either snub or delete you.. So i guess guys got creative too.. Blame us not. We sef will tell you fairytale. grin
Re: Ladies, Whats Your Criteria For Responding To Messages from guys on social media by SmellingAnus(m): 12:03pm On Mar 30, 2016
A man that knows his worth will be the one attracting females and turning down some of them...
Re: Ladies, Whats Your Criteria For Responding To Messages from guys on social media by Izen: 12:08pm On Mar 30, 2016
joey150:
grin grin . some girls that number question is a wicked trap..no matter what you say they must find fault and either snub or delete you.. So i guess guys got creative too.. Blame us not. We sef will tell you fairytale. grin

Lol, I still had that issh with a guy recently. I kept asking him and he kept using me to play ludo. Of course I got irritated with him and he still had the nerve to say I had an attitude. I lashed him so hard and told him that all that could have been avoided if he had just been upfront. Truth is, he was a cute guy and seemed intelligent. But his sense of entitlement to me giving him details about myself when I didn't even know him from jack was such a huge turn off. I've cut him off and I don't regret it grin grin
Re: Ladies, Whats Your Criteria For Responding To Messages from guys on social media by joey150(m): 12:26pm On Mar 30, 2016
Izen:

Lol, I still had that issh with a guy recently. I kept asking him and he kept using me to play ludo. Of course I got irritated with him and he still had the nerve to say I had an attitude. I lashed him so hard and told him that all that could have been avoided if he had just been upfront. Truth is, he was a cute guy and seemed intelligent. But his sense of entitlement to me giving him details about myself when I didn't even know him from jack was such a huge turn off. I've cut him off and I don't regret it grin grin
most times when a guy/girl give me a girls number. They are like dont mention my name or stuff. So its in a bid to keep the giver anonymous that we use you girls to play "ludo" ..but forget how the guy got it..if he's a good guy your gain..if not..you delete him . its still a win-win . and along the line he'll still tell you even
Re: Ladies, Whats Your Criteria For Responding To Messages from guys on social media by Izen: 12:30pm On Mar 30, 2016
joey150:
most times when a guy/girl give me a girls number. They are like dont mention my name or stuff. So its in a bid to keep the giver anonymous that we use you girls to play "ludo" ..but forget how the guy got it..if he's a good guy your gain..if not..you delete him . its still a win-win . and along the line he'll still tell you even

I just feel it makes him childish and not confident enough. I find a man who is confident even in his weakness very sexy. I get your point but the worst thing that can happen is to lash out at my friend. I really don't mind if the friend tells me initially sha.
Re: Ladies, Whats Your Criteria For Responding To Messages from guys on social media by Odunharry(m): 1:50pm On Mar 30, 2016
naijaboiy:
Sometimes they are not just interested. And not every girl gets tons of messages from guys as you think, some don't and that's why they look for attention everywhere.

Some girls live boring lives and so they don't even know how to flow in conversations.

You Don talk Wwtin I want talk especially the last sentence and gals looking for attention..
Re: Ladies, Whats Your Criteria For Responding To Messages from guys on social media by Monalisa185(f): 2:31pm On Mar 30, 2016
joseph1832:
All the more reason why you need to get to know the person first. People pretend, that's a standard fact. Any guy who is afraid of showing you the real him, who hides under pretentious saying and doing, doesn't have good intention.

That's why with me, I'm always direct. I ask direct questions, whoever feel uncomfortable with direct questions shouldn't be taken seriously. And please, they should stop all the "I'm just knowing you for the first time, how can I reveal such things to you". Like seriously . How can what do you do for a living be such a big deal

hehehehe, Joe...you are so right.... Buh the bolded, who exactly is it directed to? male or female folks
Re: Ladies, Whats Your Criteria For Responding To Messages from guys on social media by Monalisa185(f): 2:37pm On Mar 30, 2016
joey150:
certainly not..but the good guy is likely to say hi..and the bad guy is likely to say..monalisa you look ravishing today, you remind me of the real monalisa..Infact i think da vinci was thinking about you when he made that art. grin.

story!! there's no guarantee that the guy who started off with 'hi' is actually the good guy.... the difference between both guys is that the 2nd one knows how to start a conversation... doesn't mean he's the bad guy...
Re: Ladies, Whats Your Criteria For Responding To Messages from guys on social media by schumastic(m): 2:38pm On Mar 30, 2016
Monalisa185:
as if they write "THE GOOD GUY" and "THE BAD GUY" on one's profile

my sister i tire o undecided
Re: Ladies, Whats Your Criteria For Responding To Messages from guys on social media by joseph1832(m): 2:40pm On Mar 30, 2016
Monalisa185:

hehehehe, Joe...you are so right.... Buh the bolded, who exactly is it directed to? male or female folks
Both male and female as I've come to know pretending, forming, faking and lying is not just exclusive to females alone. Guys lie just as much as girls lie.
Re: Ladies, Whats Your Criteria For Responding To Messages from guys on social media by joey150(m): 2:51pm On Mar 30, 2016
schumastic:

when you see a yahoo boys i.g page or facebook profile then you'll know its written there.
Re: Ladies, Whats Your Criteria For Responding To Messages from guys on social media by agarawu23(m): 7:16pm On Mar 30, 2016
MissGdope:
I always reply to a "hi" or "hello" cos I'm friendly like that smiley

BUT the convo goes sour for me when y'all do the following...

1. Talking about love! like really? undecided
2. If it's whatsapp and I ask how you got my number, just say the truth instead of lies from the pit of hell such as " I just bought a new phone and found the number on it"....seriously? do I look like mumu to you
3. "Tell me about yourself". okay I don't know about other people but I find this really awkward and annoying cos why should I start listing random things about myself. Instead, ask more specific questions like "how old are you"
4. Bad spelling. and I dont mean typos oo, neither am I saying you must spell everything perfectly....this is what I'm talking about " u r xo xo pretty. Will wana knw u beta". Once I see something like this, I don't even bother replying

This is just to name a few but I have noticed these things so much that I can now tell when a Nigerian guy is texting me without even checking the number. Not saying they're all the same tho but I can tell grin
we don know say u know live for nja,
Wetin remain? undecided

Only silly guys who don't respect thier self or know what they want u can treat that way.

If I do any of the mentioned above and u ignore me, I will also ignore u for life..... No time for dumb girls.

What's special about the above ?
Re: Ladies, Whats Your Criteria For Responding To Messages from guys on social media by Nobody: 7:28pm On Mar 30, 2016
agarawu23:
we don know say u know live for nja,
Wetin remain? undecided

Only silly guys who don't respect thier self or know what they want u can treat that way.

If I do any of the mentioned above and u ignore me, I will also ignore u for life..... No time for dumb girls.

What's special about the above ?
Didn't you see the part where I said they're not all the same?
But wait...
Why you pained? That's what you do isn't it? the truth is bitter! Instead of you to learn, you dey here dey yarn dust. Next time just sufri waka pass when you see my comment. I no send you
kiss
Re: Ladies, Whats Your Criteria For Responding To Messages from guys on social media by agarawu23(m): 7:33pm On Mar 30, 2016
[s]
MissGdope:

Didn't you see the part where I said they're not all the same?
But wait...
Why you pained? That's what you do isn't it? the truth is bitter! Instead of you to learn, you dey here dey yarn dust. Next time just sufri waka pass when you see my comment. I no send you
kiss
[/s]pained

Re: Ladies, Whats Your Criteria For Responding To Messages from guys on social media by Nobody: 7:37pm On Mar 30, 2016
agarawu23:
[s][/s]pained

You have successfully demonstrated your foolishness. You can now proceed to clap for yourself. Well done cheesy
Run along now
Re: Ladies, Whats Your Criteria For Responding To Messages from guys on social media by agarawu23(m): 7:43pm On Mar 30, 2016
[s]
MissGdope:

You have successfully demonstrated your foolishness. You can now proceed to clap for yourself. Well done cheesy
Run along now
[/s]goat, that's why u will remain single for life cos u lack manners. I can see why dumb guys have been messaging u. Ode

I don't have your time

Re: Ladies, Whats Your Criteria For Responding To Messages from guys on social media by Nobody: 7:48pm On Mar 30, 2016
agarawu23:
[s][/s]goat, that's why u will remain single for life cos u lack manners. I can see why dumb guys have been messaging u. Ode

I don't have your time
Sheep, whoever said I was looking for a relationship. I've still got my whole life ahead of me. I'm not even 20 yet!
Olori buruku. Get a life joor grin

Talking bout you don't have my time when you clearly do. Obviously jobless. Continue! cheesy
Re: Ladies, Whats Your Criteria For Responding To Messages from guys on social media by Monalisa185(f): 8:03pm On Mar 30, 2016
joseph1832:
Both male and female as I've come to know pretending, forming, faking and lying is not just exclusive to females alone. Guys lie just as much as girls lie.

ohhhhhh, finally, someone is being truthful, I thought it's only the ladies that blow lies on the internet
Re: Ladies, Whats Your Criteria For Responding To Messages from guys on social media by Monalisa185(f): 8:04pm On Mar 30, 2016
schumastic:

lol, nnaa, follow me see o
Re: Ladies, Whats Your Criteria For Responding To Messages from guys on social media by joey150(m): 8:08pm On Mar 30, 2016
MissGdope:

Sheep, whoever said I was looking for a relationship. I've still got my whole life ahead of me. I'm not even 20 yet!
Olori buruku. Get a life joor grin

Talking bout you don't have my time when you clearly do. Obviously jobless. Continue! cheesy
babe chill abeg... We gas yarn oh.
Re: Ladies, Whats Your Criteria For Responding To Messages from guys on social media by schumastic(m): 8:10pm On Mar 30, 2016
Monalisa185:

lol, nnaa, follow me see o

meanwhile the woo challenge for female version is out so go and woo that nairaland guy just for trouble making sake grin grin grin
Re: Ladies, Whats Your Criteria For Responding To Messages from guys on social media by Nobody: 8:36pm On Mar 30, 2016
I don't reply when d guy is boring or do u know those guys that will be d first to send u a message in d morning, always know whenever u r online and all those stuffs or when u always bring up d same topics in fact d conversation is always d same or when those guys think they can sweep u off ur feet with those stupid love quotes. That wouldn't have been too bad if it's not copied and pasted and if it would have been realistic.

For example
Imagine a guy u have never met in real life saying he will die for u! WTF, can't you be realistic

D list goes on and on
Re: Ladies, Whats Your Criteria For Responding To Messages from guys on social media by Nobody: 8:46pm On Mar 30, 2016
joey150:
babe chill abeg... We gas yarn oh.
Lol of course
Re: Ladies, Whats Your Criteria For Responding To Messages from guys on social media by Monalisa185(f): 8:50pm On Mar 30, 2016
schumastic:

meanwhile the woo challenge for female version is out so go and woo that nairaland guy just for trouble making sake grin grin grin

lol....me wey no get sweet mouth, how I wan take woo now?grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Vaseline Crew! You Will Stop Using Vaseline After Seeing This / My Virgin Gf Cheat On Me after I broke her virginity, Should I Forgive or#sad / See What This Evil Landlady And Her Son Did To This Lady(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.