Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (233) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11642983 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (16144) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by olapluto(m): 2:04pm On Nov 01, 2016
Opposition Watch:

Georges Leekens has made this morning his first press conference as the new coach of Algeria. In terms of communication, all opposed to his predecessor Milovan Rajevac!

He talked a lot, talked a lot, often do not answer the specific questions put to him on players he does not know, the choices he has not made an environment where he does not know again.

He especially tried to charm his audience, the press first and then endure much speaking of himself, his wife, multiplying anecdotes to lose his audience with incongruent information.

"I'm not a magician but I am hardworking"

On the field he explained that virtually everything is ready for the CAN but is currently focused on the Nigeria game. For this match he made much of the state of mind, the fact that we need to play as a whole, whatever the tactical aspect.

He tries to guard against premature elimination of the World Cup by suggesting repeatedly that it would not be dramatic. "I dream of Russia but this is not a obessession" he said before bludgeon , "I'm not a magician but I am hardworking" .

About the list of summoned, he gave only composed of 18 players, it's the players playing abroad who must send notices 15 days before. It will be completed by 5 local players he did not want to choose before you see them at work during the week in the league.

"They offered me a list, I scratched the names"

Regarding its composition he confessed that even though he knows most of the players names he did not know yet who personally. He admits he was offered the list and he has struck someone.

It will no particular explanation for the ouster of Mehdi Zeffane of the list, he vaguely evoke the fact that the missing rhythm players were not invited, except for the goalkeeper who is a special case.

Same for Sofiane Hanni he knows very well as evolving in Belgium, he will simply say that it is the choice of the coach even though in reality the player Anderlecht paid the price of the first convocation of Adam Unas

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 2:04pm On Nov 01, 2016
forgiveness:

Hehehehe! grin as d news wan fall my hand.

I no con get strength to type kwa. Sorry grin
Oga Forgiveness.
No let me demand for TheGoodJoe's Plank to plank your comment ooo.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by olapluto(m): 2:06pm On Nov 01, 2016
Opposition watch: Invited Foreign based Algerians.
Keeper: M'Bolhi (Antalyaspor -Turkey)

Defenders: Mandi (Real Betis -Spain-) Belkaroui (Esperance Tunis - Tunisia-) Medjani (CD Leganes -Spain-), Ghulam (Napoli -Italy-) Cadamuro (Servette Geneva -Switzerland)

Circles: Bentaleb (Schalke 04 -Germany), Guedioura (Watford FC -England) Taider (Bologna FC -Italy-), Abeid (Dijon - France-) Brahimi (FC Porto -Portugal-) Boudebouz (Montpellier Herrault -France-), Feghouli (West Ham - England-) Ghezzal (Lyon - France)

Forwards: Unas (Bordeaux - France-) Mahrez (Leicester City -England) Slimani (Leicester City -England-) Soudani (Dinamo Zagreb -Croatia-)

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:14pm On Nov 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Just as Iwobi is a wing option, Aluko can play as a wing forward too. He also an option for the ten role. A very good option. I will pick him before Iwobi because of Aluko's ability to attract players to him and create gaps for the forwards.

undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:15pm On Nov 01, 2016
Icon4s:

undecided

Lol, it is one of those Oshaniwa is better than taiwo moments.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:16pm On Nov 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe:
[size=14pt]Alaba Might Have Rejected Nigeria Due To His Problem With His Dad[/size]

"I stayed away from everybody. When the political success came I could not stand the crowd. One day, I opted out.

"My father asked to do something and I refused and he said he should not find me at home when he came back if I did not do what he asked me to do.

"I don’t remember what he asked me to do but I left swearing never to burden his doorway with my shadow ever again.”

http://t.guardian.ng/opinion/alabas-rejection-of-his-father/

The boy wanted to play but Nigeria corrupt officials rejected him and went for egunju. grin

We had the chance to invite him to the National team when he was warming the bench for Robben at Bayern Munich but NFF overlooked him and allowed him to play for Austria because they never expected anything good will come out of him.

The lad showed patriotism towards his fatherland when he displayed the green white green after winning the Champions League.

Wetin we dey talk again?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:20pm On Nov 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Alaba did not take it that way. He understood it was logistics issues.

As I said before, that was not enough reason to turn down playing for Nigeria. I doubt his heart was fully devoted to us. If he wanted to play for us, an U17 exclusion is not enough to turn a player away.

When and how did Alaba turn down playing for Nigeria?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 2:22pm On Nov 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Obiora was that bad. Do you remember the Inter Milan game that Bale ran riot on Maicon? Obiora was one of the reasons it happened. Benitez gave Obiora that responsibility to support Maicon, he failed and left Maicon exposed throughout the game.

One of the big mistakes of Benitez. Keshi dodged a bullet when he dropped Obiora at the 2012.
I remover the game. Although I can't remember if obiora played in that game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:23pm On Nov 01, 2016
AIG07:
FROM FAYEMI TO IHEANACHO: IT'S 167 GOALS

Pa Dejo Fayemi, the octogenarian now living Ibadan holds the record of scoring Nigeria's first World Cup qualifying goal. He did that when his 50thminute strike reduced the tally to 2-1 in an eventual 4-1 loss to the Black Stars of Ghana in Accra on August 28, 1960.
Fayemi scored again in the return leg match in Lagos that ended 2-2. Till date, Nigeria's number of goals has risen to 167 making the Super Eagles the second team behind Tunisia as side with most goals in all-time ranking of scorers among African teams in the World Cup qualifying series.

But on January 7, 2001 in Port Harcourt, Nigeria became the first African side to hit the 100-goal mark in the World Cup qualifiers following a 3-0 defeat of Sudan.
The historic 100thgoal was scored by in the 57thminute by Victor Agali when he raised the score line to 2-0. Obafemi Martin's goal against Kenya in Nairobi which brought score line to 1-1 on the road to South Africa 2010 was Nigeria's 150thgoal since that of Fayemi in 1960.

NIGERIA'S WORLD CUP QUALIFYING MATCHES' MILESTONE GOALS

No.ScorerMatchGoalDate
1st: Dejo FayemiGhana 4-1 Nigeria2-1August 28, 1960
10th: Sam Garba OkoyeGhana 1-1 Nigeria0-1May 18, 1969
20th: Yakubu MamboNigeria 2-1 Congo2-1August 2, 1969
30th: Thompson UsiyenNigeria 4-0 Cote d'Ivoire1-0July 10, 1977
40th: Godwin UwelimoEgypt 1-3 Nigeria1-3October 21.1977

50th: Humphery EdoborNigeria 3-0 Liberia2-0October 10, 1984
60th: Wole OdegbamiNigeria 1-0 Gabon1-0January 7, 1989
70th: Rashidi YekiniNigeria 4-0 South Africa4-0January 7, 1989
80th: Rashidi YekiniNigeria 4-0 Cote d'Ivoire4-0September25, 1993
90th: Emma AmunekeNigeria 3-0 Kenya2-0June 7, 1997
100th: Victor AgaliNigeria 3-0 Sudan2-0January27, 2001

110th: Victor AgaliNigeria 3-0 Ghana1-0July 29, 2001
120th: Nwankwo KanuNigeria 2-0 Gabon2-0Mar 26, 2005
130th: Obafemi MartinsNigeria 5-1 Zimbabwe3-0October 8, 2005

140th: Christian ObodoNigeria 4-1 Sierra Leone1-0June 6, 2008
150th: Obafemi MartinsKenya 2-3 Nigeria1-1October 14, 2009
160th: Emma EmenikeEthiopia 1-2 Nigeria1-1October 13, 2013
167th: Kelechi IheanachoZambia 1-2 Nigeria2-0

source: http://odili.net/news/source/2016/oct/31/518.html

The 170th goal will be scored against Algeria in Uyo by God's grace. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:25pm On Nov 01, 2016
tbaba1234:

Lol, it is one of those Oshaniwa is better than taiwo moments.

TheGoodJoe sometimes. undecided

I had to recheck the moniker that made that comment undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:27pm On Nov 01, 2016
olapluto:

Defenders: Mandi (Real Betis -Spain-) Belkaroui (Esperance Tunis - Tunisia-) Medjani (CD Leganes -Spain-), Ghulam (Napoli -Italy-) Cadamuro (Servette Geneva -Switzerland)

Circles: Bentaleb (Schalke 04 -Germany), Guedioura (Watford FC -England) Taider (Bologna FC -Italy-), Abeid (Dijon - France-) Brahimi (FC Porto -Portugal-) Boudebouz (Montpellier Herrault -France-), Feghouli (West Ham - England-) Ghezzal (Lyon - France)

Forwards: Unas (Bordeaux - France-) Mahrez (Leicester City -England) Slimani (Leicester City -England-) Soudani (Dinamo Zagreb -Croatia-)

Intimidating but nothing do we!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 2:32pm On Nov 01, 2016
olapluto:

Not like I know alot about Algerian football,but for Brahimi, Mahrez, Slimani the rest from midfield to attack are bang average players.
In defence, Ghulam the left back is the only top talent in the defence. Although he is prone to being erratic and yellow carded. Moses should be instructed to attack him with pace, within the first 20mins he will be yellow carded. This I belive will slow him down.

I don't think there is anything to fear about these Algerians, infact only Mahrez, Brahimi and Ghulam can make our starting 11....
We should be spanking these guys 4:1 or 3:1 in all honesty.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 2:43pm On Nov 01, 2016
goldfish80:

Not like I know alot about Algerian football,but for Brahimi, Mahrez, Slimani the rest from midfield to attack are bang average players.
In defence, Ghulam the left back is the only top talent in the defence. Although he is prone to being erratic and yellow carded. Moses should be instructed to attack him with pace, within the first 20mins he will be yellow carded. This I belive will slow him down.

I don't think there is anything to fear about these Algerians, infact only Mahrez, Brahimi and Ghulam can make our starting 11....

hahahahahahaahahha, you are seriously joking right?! Benteleb, from Tottenham to Schalke and you think he won't make our first team when funny enough, it is Onazi who is occupying his position? the boy is good not average. Ghezzal from Lyon is also amazing, we might argue that the French league isn't a true test but it's a good league after all. and well Guediora isn't average, at least he is in better form than Ighalo. their squad isn't average at all at all, we also have our own guys who are exceptional but if you were to make a team out of both squads, they will probably have the edge there but that does now in anyway undermine our own talents
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 3:01pm On Nov 01, 2016
Mickael2:

hahahahahahaahahha, you are seriously joking right?! Benteleb, from Tottenham to Schalke and you think he won't make our first team when funny enough, it is Onazi who is occupying his position? the boy is good not average. Ghezzal from Lyon is also amazing, we might argue that the French league isn't a true test but it's a good league after all. and well Guediora isn't average, at least he is in better form than Ighalo. their squad isn't average at all at all, we also have our own guys who are exceptional but if you were to make a team out of both squads, they will probably have the edge there but that does now in anyway undermine our own talents
The same Benteleb who couldn't get a single start last season at Tottenham? He lost his place to an academy boy Eric Dier last season.
I think pochetino binned him for lacking the intensity and guile his playing style demands.

Onazi always gets kicked here, but people forget he's always linked with Everton and Tottenham when he was at Lazio. Under a hard pressing system, Onazi will survive at Tottenham than Benteleb.

Guediora maybe in better form than Ighalo but he has not achieved 1/4 what Ighalo achieved for Watford the past 2 seasons. Tall to me when he has scored 30+ goals for Watford.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 3:06pm On Nov 01, 2016
Icon4s:

The 170th goal will be scored against Algeria in Uyo by God's grace. cheesy
*Smiles*
so you de root for 3-goals banging.
...With God all things are possible.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 3:07pm On Nov 01, 2016
goldfish80:

The same Benteleb who couldn't get a single start last season at Tottenham? He lost his place to an academy boy Eric Dier last season.
I think pochetino binned him for lacking the intensity and guile his playing style demands.

Onazi always gets kicked here, but people forget he's always linked with Everton and Tottenham when he was at Lazio. Under a hard pressing system, Onazi will survive at Tottenham than Benteleb.

Guediora maybe in better form than Ighalo but he has not achieved 1/4 what Ighalo achieved for Watford the past 2 seasons. Tall to me when he has scored 30+ goals for Watford.

different coach, different likes and dislikes. Bentelab was a starter under AVB, and he is good as a creator from the back. meanwhile he is starting for Schalke, that is no mean feat at all, great lad. even Emenike was linked with Tottenham, nothing came out of it, Nigerian press I would assume.

so you would choose past achievements over control recent form? I think Guediora came in when they were promoted, he is a midfielder so you don't expect him to score 30 goals, although he has scored more goals than Ighalo this year, why are we even discussing Ighalo? our main striker on the day for me should be nacho with both Ighalo and Ideye on the bench
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:12pm On Nov 01, 2016
yeah bro i concur. except for mahrez non of their players are the type of players that would have you pissing in your pants. i feel even more confident that with the right tactics and seriousness on the part of the players, coaches we can give the algerians a hiding. not to mention their clueless sounding coach

goldfish80:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by olapluto(m): 3:22pm On Nov 01, 2016
chrisooblog:
yeah bro i concur. except for mahrez non of their players are the type of players that would have you pissing in your pants. i feel even more confident that with the right tactics and seriousness on the part of the players, coaches we can give the algerians a hiding. not to mention their clueless sounding coach

I watched the match Algeria vs Cameroon, and every good thing about Algeria came from Mahrez. In the 2nd half, the Cameroonian coach made sure the winger helped the full backs and Mahrez was neutralized. The others were very very average players, who were being pumped by their crowd.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:27pm On Nov 01, 2016
no worries egbon. you see why i tell you *in chris brown voice* these foreign born players ain't loyal. that's why i always insist these foreign born guys must declare their availability for the national team. it would make their call ups some much easier for everybody. avoiding unnecessary confusion and embarrassment at the end of the day.

forgiveness:

Hehehehe! As I see the news I gentle.

In fact, I lost strength to debate.

But now wey I don know d koko, Hehehe!, debate continues. smiley
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 4:27pm On Nov 01, 2016
Mickael2:

different coach, different likes and dislikes. Bentelab was a starter under AVB, and he is good as a creator from the back. meanwhile he is starting for Schalke, that is no mean feat at all, great lad. even Emenike was linked with Tottenham, nothing came out of it, Nigerian press I would assume.

so you would choose past achievements over control recent form? I think Guediora came in when they were promoted, he is a midfielder so you don't expect him to score 30 goals, although he has scored more goals than Ighalo this year, why are we even discussing Ighalo? our main striker on the day for me should be nacho with both Ighalo and Ideye on the bench
He is starting for Schalke but his stats this season have been basic.

His stats % compared to John Ogu pales in comparizm when their UEFA cup dashboards are compared.

Their pass completion % aren't so dissimilar with 86% and 85.5%, but comparing other components of their game, Ogu towers above him. From dribbles completed, to blocks, to clearances etc....
It's interesting to find out Benteleb for his tall frame only managed to win 50% of his ariel duels... While Ogu has over 85% ariel wins.

Comparing him with Wilfred ndidi in the same competition, his stats are also inferior but for pass %. I repeat Benteleb is a very average midfielder.

Funny enough, the two guys am comparing him with aren't even starters in our team.

Guediora as an attacking midfielder cannot be compared to Iwobi.
Iwobi pisses all over him....
I will even stick my neck out for Etebor being a better talent Than Guediora.

We should be wipping these guys in Uyo. Our toughest game to negotiate in this qualifiers would be Cameroun especially away in Yaounde.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 4:44pm On Nov 01, 2016
Any update on Carl's injury from Wolverhampton?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:53pm On Nov 01, 2016
AIG07:
Any update on Carl's injury from Wolverhampton?

Not serious, he will be fine for the game. Just needs a few days off..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:56pm On Nov 01, 2016
If we win our 3 home games, we qualify.. Let us avoid having to win in Algiers on match day 6 to qualify.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 5:07pm On Nov 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Just as Iwobi is a wing option, Aluko can play as a wing forward too. He also an option for the ten role. A very good option. I will pick him before Iwobi because of Aluko's ability to attract players to him and create gaps for the forwards.

LOL. Goodjoe don start o.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 5:21pm On Nov 01, 2016
goldfish80:

He is starting for Schalke but his stats this season have been basic.

His stats % compared to John Ogu pales in comparizm when their UEFA cup dashboards are compared.

Their pass completion % aren't so dissimilar with 86% and 85.5%, but comparing other components of their game, Ogu towers above him. From dribbles completed, to blocks, to clearances etc....
It's interesting to find out Benteleb for his tall frame only managed to win 50% of his ariel duels... While Ogu has over 85% ariel wins.

Comparing him with Wilfred ndidi in the same competition, his stats are also inferior but for pass %. I repeat Benteleb is a very average midfielder.

Funny enough, the two guys am comparing him with aren't even starters in our team.

Guediora as an attacking midfielder cannot be compared to Iwobi.
Iwobi pisses all over him....
I will even stick my neck out for Etebor being a better talent Than Guediora.

We should be wipping these guys in Uyo. Our toughest game to negotiate in this qualifiers would be Cameroun especially away in Yaounde.

this just proves the point I made, his main aim is to.distribute from the back, they have two defensive minded midfielders so his basic function is to spray passes which he does better than both. Like I initially said, our starter in that position is Onazi, so why don't you compare their stats? please don't even try, no comparison in anything.

Guediora should not be compared with Iwobi here, Iwobi plays as our LMF so compare him with Brahimi who would probably play there for them and we all know the winner, Brahimi hands down, Iwobi is a great talent but not yet the complete package. Guediora might not even start for them, Slimani will obviously start ahead of Ighalo, Brahimi will probably start ahead of Iwobi, Ghoulam starts ahead of anybody we can field, Mahrez starts ahead of Moses and there is absolutely no way that Onazi starts ahead of Benteleb, that's five of their players off the top of my head who would start in our team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 5:55pm On Nov 01, 2016
Mickael2:

this just proves the point I made, his main aim is to.distribute from the back, they have two defensive minded midfielders so his basic function is to spray passes which he does better than both. Like I initially said, our starter in that position is Onazi, so why don't you compare their stats? please don't even try, no comparison in anything.

Guediora should not be compared with Iwobi here, Iwobi plays as our LMF so compare him with Brahimi who would probably play there for them and we all know the winner, Brahimi hands down, Iwobi is a great talent but not yet the complete package. Guediora might not even start for them, Slimani will obviously start ahead of Ighalo, Brahimi will probably start ahead of Iwobi, Ghoulam starts ahead of anybody we can field, Mahrez starts ahead of Moses and there is absolutely no way that Onazi starts ahead of Benteleb, that's five of their players off the top of my head who would start in our team
I didn't want to compare him with Onazi because the Turkish league is not extensively covered by opta stats that is why I compared him other Nigerians playing in UEFA cup, a competition which Benteleb plays with Schalke.
And judging by the stats, he is not out performing neither Ndidi nor Ogu in the UEFA cup.

Comparing Brahimi with Iwobi, am sorry to announce Iwobi edges him out.
Against Sunderland 3days back which was judged as Iwobi's worst game of the season. Iwobi completed 19 of his 21 pass attempts in the final third. Astonishing stats for the WORST game of Iwobi's season.

Apart from shooting, Brahimi holds nothing on Iwobi in terms of brilliance on the final third

If you read my post, I mentioned Ghoulam, Mahrez, Slimani and maybe Brahimi(as a no 10)as the only 4 who will get into our starting 11.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 6:17pm On Nov 01, 2016
goldfish80:

I didn't want to compare him with Onazi because the Turkish league is not extensively covered by opta stats that is why I compared him other Nigerians playing in UEFA cup, a competition which Benteleb plays with Schalke.
And judging by the stats, he is not out performing neither Ndidi nor Ogu in the UEFA cup.

Comparing Brahimi with Iwobi, am sorry to announce Iwobi edges him out.
Against Sunderland 3days back which was judged as Iwobi's worst game of the season. Iwobi completed 19 of his 21 pass attempts in the final third. Astonishing stats for the WORST game of Iwobi's season.

Apart from shooting, Brahimi holds nothing on Iwobi in terms of brilliance on the final third

If you read my post, I mentioned Ghoulam, Mahrez, Slimani and maybe Brahimi(as a no 10)as the only 4 who will get into our starting 11.

if any of the two you mentioned happens to be our starter then they are both better than Benteleb of course, but he is better than Onazi, my point.

honestly bro, Brahimi is better than Iwobi, check the number of chances created, number of assists I think, number of dribbles completed, number of anything except passes because Arsenal's tactics deals with passes unlike that of Porto. we actually agree here, 5 players from Algeria can make our team, the sixth one is debatable make I no start am
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:29pm On Nov 01, 2016
chrisooblog:
no worries egbon. you see why i tell you *in chris brown voice* these foreign born players ain't loyal. that's why i always insist these foreign born guys must declare their availability for the national team. it would make their call ups some much easier for everybody. avoiding unnecessary confusion and embarrassment at the end of the day.

Hmmm! I don't think all of them. I will prefer NFF official to meeting with them one on one before inviting them to the National team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:39pm On Nov 01, 2016
forgiveness:

Hmmm! I don't think all of them. I will prefer NFF official to meeting with them one on one before inviting them to the National team.

Ebuehi agreed before invitation was sent to him. It appears to me that tha agent and possibly the club are trying to influence him to stay put.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:49pm On Nov 01, 2016
chrisooblog:

So to u Balogun, Ekong, Ikeme and Iwobi ain't loyal? This is something that will happen once in a while no need to stop our show.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Posh(m): 6:55pm On Nov 01, 2016
olapluto:
Opposition Watch:

Georges Leekens has made this morning his first press conference as the new coach of Algeria. In terms of communication, all opposed to his predecessor Milovan Rajevac!

He talked a lot, talked a lot, often do not answer the specific questions put to him on players he does not know, the choices he has not made an environment where he does not know again.

He especially tried to charm his audience, the press first and then endure much speaking of himself, his wife, multiplying anecdotes to lose his audience with incongruent information.

"I'm not a magician but I am hardworking"

On the field he explained that virtually everything is ready for the CAN but is currently focused on the Nigeria game. For this match he made much of the state of mind, the fact that we need to play as a whole, whatever the tactical aspect.

He tries to guard against premature elimination of the World Cup by suggesting repeatedly that it would not be dramatic. "I dream of Russia but this is not a obessession" he said before bludgeon , "I'm not a magician but I am hardworking" .

About the list of summoned, he gave only composed of 18 players, it's the players playing abroad who must send notices 15 days before. It will be completed by 5 local players he did not want to choose before you see them at work during the week in the league.

"They offered me a list, I scratched the names"

Regarding its composition he confessed that even though he knows most of the players names he did not know yet who personally. He admits he was offered the list and he has struck someone.

It will no particular explanation for the ouster of Mehdi Zeffane of the list, he vaguely evoke the fact that the missing rhythm players were not invited, except for the goalkeeper who is a special case.

Same for Sofiane Hanni he knows very well as evolving in Belgium, he will simply say that it is the choice of the coach even though in reality the player Anderlecht paid the price of the first convocation of Adam Unas
.... Ur write-up contains a lot of grammatical blunders.. U really murdered english...hehehehe
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:55pm On Nov 01, 2016
Mickael2:

if any of the two you mentioned happens to be our starter then they are both better than Benteleb of course, but he is better than Onazi, my point.

honestly bro, Brahimi is better than Iwobi, check the number of chances created, number of assists I think, number of dribbles completed, number of anything except passes because Arsenal's tactics deals with passes unlike that of Porto. we actually agree here, 5 players from Algeria can make our team, the sixth one is debatable make I no start am

I used to like Brahimi but last year he flopped and he started on the bench against Cameroon. Iwobi is more confident in front of goal for Nigeria he will shock people by how much he scores for us.

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (16144) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: maidaboi(m), lordofstrings and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.