Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,576 members, 7,837,171 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (234) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11791408 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (16196) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 6:56pm On Nov 01, 2016
tbaba1234:

Not serious, he will be fine for the game. Just needs a few days off..

Best news of the week!

We probably won't need him to start if Enyeama would change his stance and return to the national team.
I still rate Vince marginally better than Carl at this time.

O pari
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:14pm On Nov 01, 2016
Until Enyeama returns then....... smiley

Anyway, it's great to confirm Ikeme will be battle ready for Algeria. I knew his injury scare won't become serious.

Meanwhile... Sir Icon4s... Na u ba? **raises eyebrows**

Icon79:

Best news of the week!

We probably won't need him to start if Enyeama would change his stance and return to the national team.
I still rate Vince marginally better than Carl at this time.

O pari
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 7:15pm On Nov 01, 2016
Mickael2:

if any of the two you mentioned happens to be our starter then they are both better than Benteleb of course, but he is better than Onazi, my point.

honestly bro, Brahimi is better than Iwobi, check the number of chances created, number of assists I think, number of dribbles completed, number of anything except passes because Arsenal's tactics deals with passes unlike that of Porto. we actually agree here, 5 players from Algeria can make our team, the sixth one is debatable make I no start am

Apart from passing range, Benteleb is not far ahead of Onazi as you think. I remember the 2014 world cup against France, Onazi had Pogba and Matuidi in his back pocket all afternoon. It was an unreal performance...
Just watch how Onazi will press Algeria to death in Uyo. That guy is a big game player
I have never seen Benteleb dominate a game against a world class opposition like that.
If onazi can get his passing range together, he would make a monster midfielder with his all action pressing style.

Brahimi statistically edges Iwobi but when we look at both players critically, one will discover Iwobi is the player on the upward trajectory. He has the talent to surpass whatever Yacine have achieved in his career.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 7:18pm On Nov 01, 2016
tbaba1234:

Not serious, he will be fine for the game. Just needs a few days off..
Thanks Sir.

We really need our best armor for dis clash.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by olapluto(m): 7:21pm On Nov 01, 2016
Posh:
.... Ur write-up contains a lot of grammatical blunders.. U really murdered english...hehehehe

Its google translate. The original article was written in French.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:21pm On Nov 01, 2016
Leekens, hmmm... I smell huge respect for us... grin I see a coach who wan poopoo for him pants... grin Our attack is definitely one of the finest in the world. wink
New Coach Of Algeria Under Attack For
Praising Iheanacho, Iwobi & Musa In His First Press Conference

Newly appointed coach of Algeria national team
George Leekens says his team will have lot of
work to do, if they want to get a good result
against Nigeria in Uyo.

Algeria will play group B leaders Nigeria on the
12th of November in Uyo, a tie which could decide the leadership of the group before the
next round of qualifiers, with group leaders
Nigeria needing nothing but a win to be
guaranteed top spot.

In his first press conference as coach of Algeria,
Leekens spoke extensively on how his planned
approach for the game, particularly on his team
defensive issues which cost them all three points against Cameroun in their first game.

The manager who highlighted the need to stop the world class trio of Ahmed Musa, Kelechi
Iheanacho and Alex Iwobi didn’t cover himself
with much glory as Algerian fans and journalist
felt angered by his praises.

”We have to admit that the defence is one of our problems. But if I don’t know Algeria, the
players,people,culture, I won’t be able to do this
in ten days” He said.

”Everyone has to defend. Everyone must run
10m. Playing without the ball is important, Have you seen Nigeria attack? Sometimes they can be world class”.

”They have Musa, Iwobi and Iheanacho. World class players. You need special drills to stop them and that we plan to do when we meet next month”.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/01/new-coach-of-algeria-under-attack-for-praising-iheanacho-iwobi-musa-in-his-first-press-conference/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:26pm On Nov 01, 2016
World Cup 2018 Qualifiers- Cameroon Coach
Offers Nigeria Tips On How To Beat Algeria In Uyo

The Belgian coach of the national team of
Cameroon Hugo Broos has given the coach of
Nigeria Gernot Rohr tips on how to exploit, the
weaknesses he noticed in the team of Algeria,
when both team met in Algiers.

Algeria forced Cameroon into a 1-1 draw at home in their first World Cup 2018 qualifiers, a result which Broos felt could have been better for his side, if they exploited the weakness he noticed in the defence of Algeria.

The Belgian coach lamented his team inability to convert the numerous chances they had in the game as the Algerians are naive defensively, with the lack of pace of central defenders Liasinne Camaduro and Carl Medjani also mentioned by the manager.

His strikers failed to thread ball behind, to exploit the lack of pace of Algeria’s central defence duo, something the manager of Nigeria Gernot Rohr should exploit when both team clash on the 12th of November in Uyo.

He also pointed out that the Algerians are not
coordinated in attack, with the likes of Islam
Slimani and Riyad Mahrez getting in the way of
each other during the game.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/01/world-cup-2018-qualifiers-cameroon-coach-offers-nigeria-tips-on-how-to-beat-algeria-in-uyo/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:30pm On Nov 01, 2016
Granada Coach Tips Watford Loanee Uche
Agbo To Shine Against Algeria, Reveals His True Position

The fine performance of Nigerian midfielder cum defender Uche Agbo in Granada’s 0-1 loss against Barcelona has earned him praises from his coach Lucas Alcaraz.

Agbo is among the players invited by coach of
Nigeria Gernot Rohr for the World Cup 2018
qualifiers against Algeria in Uyo on the 12th of
November. A tie Nigeria is looking for victory to
consolidate their lead in group B.

The former Nigeria youth international is on loan to Granada from English Premier League side Watford, and despite playing as a defensive
midfielder for the majority of his career. He was
converted to central defense by former Granada’s coach Paco Jemez at the start of the season.

”He is not a defensive midfielder, although it is
his position, he likes to be on the ball and dictate the pace. He leaves me very happy when he plays in central defense” Alcaraz said.

”Uche is a centre back who loves to play from
the back and make use of the space in front of
him, with the ball at his feet, he always make the right decision."

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/01/granada-coach-tips-watford-loanee-uche-agbo-to-shine-against-algeria-reveals-his-true-position/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:43pm On Nov 01, 2016
Algeria has a poor defence and is susceptible to speed. They will most likely play on the counter in Uyo. The best way to confuse a team set up for counter attacking football is to score an early goal. They will be forced to take more risks because it is a must win game for them. That gives us a chance to exploit their pace disadvantage.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:46pm On Nov 01, 2016
Bia Sir Goodjoe.... I bin no wan talk for the aluko matter but the "bolded" got to me strongly... So Iwobi no sabi wetin u describe ba?? Chaiii... I mean.. Haaaa!!!!

**picks up phone, "Yes, Yara Yara.... Plss tell the staff to get the surgical room ready at MD neuro center... We have a lobotomy booking... Yes thanks. Tell Dr. Keith I'll be right with him our patient... He will perform the procedure..."

*ends call... And drops phone*

TheGoodJoe.... TheGoodJoe!!! TheGoodJoe!!!!!!!!

I just dey look you.......

[img]http://media./media/8jpuW0qOBMSpa/giphy-facebook_s.jpg[/img]

TheGoodJoe:

Just as Iwobi is a wing option, Aluko can play as a wing forward too. He also an option for the ten role. A very good option. I will pick him before Iwobi because of Aluko's ability to attract players to him and create gaps for the forwards.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 8:01pm On Nov 01, 2016
goldfish80:

Apart from passing range, Benteleb is not far ahead of Onazi as you think. I remember the 2014 world cup against France, Onazi had Pogba and Matuidi in his back pocket all afternoon. It was an unreal performance...
Just watch how Onazi will press Algeria to death in Uyo. That guy is a big game player
I have never seen Benteleb dominate a game against a world class opposition like that.
If onazi can get his passing range together, he would make a monster midfielder with his all action pressing style.

Brahimi statistically edges Iwobi but when we look at both players critically, one will discover Iwobi is the player on the upward trajectory. He has the talent to surpass whatever Yacine have achieved in his career.

Onazi has a poor passing range, that's just the truth and that's what I have been saying since sha. If you are asked to choose between a DMF who can press like mad and one that can maintain a zonal system of marking with a good passing range which one will you choose? Benteleb plays more like Busquets, Busquets hardly wins ariel balls, has a low number of successful tackles, all he does is that he positions well to intercept passes and he is probably the best DMF in the world. Onazi not only lacks a good passing range but also tactical discipline to maintain his position, I would be a big liar if i do not appreciate his marking skills though, that's why I loved one formation that someone posted here which included a ball carrier, if we are employing that formation then Onazi will be okay since the ball carrier will be taking the ball from his feet literally thus reducing the amount of misplaced passes. Anyways it's all about personal choice, you might like a combative DMF like De Jong.

The bolded is what am saying exactly! Iwobi has the potential to be better in the future, but the future won't play football for you, based on current form there is just one winner, maybe next year the tide will turn
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 8:06pm On Nov 01, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

I used to like Brahimi but last year he flopped and he started on the bench against Cameroon. Iwobi is more confident in front of goal for Nigeria he will shock people by how much he scores for us.

they have a new coach sha, more like a switch in position, also African mentality seems to be affecting him, he does not work hard anymore
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:21pm On Nov 01, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Until Enyeama returns then....... smiley

Anyway, it's great to confirm Ikeme will be battle ready for Algeria. I knew his injury scare won't become serious.

Meanwhile... Sir Icon4s... Na u ba? **raises eyebrows**

That's not me.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:23pm On Nov 01, 2016
**relieved** pheewww... smiley
Coz na only Icon4ss I sabi apart from this one.... Thanks for the clarification. smiley
Icon4s:

That's not me.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Certitude(m): 8:24pm On Nov 01, 2016
Sir Mickael2, i don't buy your African mentality talk. As for the new Algeria coach, he was talking tough until...maybe after watching the video clip of our last match, baba change talk.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:27pm On Nov 01, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
**relieved** pheewww... smiley

Coz na only Icon4ss I sabi apart from this one....
Thanks for the clarification. smiley

That moniker has been impersonating me.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 8:44pm On Nov 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe are you there
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 8:48pm On Nov 01, 2016
Mickael2:

Onazi has a poor passing range, that's just the truth and that's what I have been saying since sha. If you are asked to choose between a DMF who can press like mad and one that can maintain a zonal system of marking with a good passing range which one will you choose? Benteleb plays more like Busquets, Busquets hardly wins ariel balls, has a low number of successful tackles, all he does is that he positions well to intercept passes and he is probably the best DMF in the world. Onazi not only lacks a good passing range but also tactical discipline to maintain his position, I would be a big liar if i do not appreciate his marking skills though, that's why I loved one formation that someone posted here which included a ball carrier, if we are employing that formation then Onazi will be okay since the ball carrier will be taking the ball from his feet literally thus reducing the amount of misplaced passes. Anyways it's all about personal choice, you might like a combative DMF like De Jong.

The bolded is what am saying exactly! Iwobi has the potential to be better in the future, but the future won't play football for you, based on current form there is just one winner, maybe next year the tide will turn

When I first saw benteleb in 2014 when he broke into the Tottenham team, I really liked him. There was a certain charm about his game that I liked, probably him being left footed has something to do with this.
Because in my ideal line up, I will love to have either of my CB left footed or the DM because there's a certain level of balance of passing having a leftie in these positions.

In my opinion, a combative DM is better suited in African football than a play making type. The league and opposition determines what kind of player is better suited.
In the premiership, if you go with a play making DM, you will be murdered. For all Alonso's play making, he needed a grafter like Macherano to hold his hands.
Arsenal have been criticised for having a soft under belly since Petit /Viera left, they lost a lot of points erratically because of this till the emergence of Couqline...
Shneiderin needed a Wayama. It goes on...

A Bouquet type of player would need plenty of steel beside him to prosper in African football or even the Premiership.

Benteleb though talented doesn't have the chops the dominate games in Africa, just watch and see how these Algerians will be booted out of the Afcon at the Quater finals next year.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 9:34pm On Nov 01, 2016
Certitude:
Sir Mickael2, i don't buy your African mentality talk. As for the new Algeria coach, he was talking tough until...maybe after watching the video clip of our last match, baba change talk.
you mean about Brahimi's loss of form?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 9:39pm On Nov 01, 2016
goldfish80:

When I first saw benteleb in 2014 when he broke into the Tottenham team, I really liked him. There was a certain charm about his game that I liked, probably him being left footed has something to do with this.
Because in my ideal line up, I will love to have either of my CB left footed or the DM because there's a certain level of balance of passing having a leftie in these positions.

In my opinion, a combative DM is better suited in African football than a play making type. The league and opposition determines what kind of player is better suited.
In the premiership, if you go with a play making DM, you will be murdered. For all Alonso's play making, he needed a grafter like Macherano to hold his hands.
Arsenal have been criticised for having a soft under belly since Petit /Viera left, they lost a lot of points erratically because of this till the emergence of Couqline...
Shneiderin needed a Wayama. It goes on...

A Bouquet type of player would need plenty of steel beside him to prosper in African football or even the Premiership.

Benteleb though talented doesn't have the chops the dominate games in Africa, just watch and see how these Algerians will be booted out of the Afcon at the Quater finals next year.

i doubt if there is any part of what you said which I disagree with. So maybe being combative is better for you, that is great as well. But Onazi also has positional issues, when it comes to that he just can't maintain his composure for 45 minutes in fact
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 9:52pm On Nov 01, 2016
terzurum5:
TheGoodJoe are you there
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 9:56pm On Nov 01, 2016
Mickael2:

i doubt if there is any part of what you said which I disagree with. So maybe being combative is better for you, that is great as well. But Onazi also has positional issues, when it comes to that he just can't maintain his composure for 45 minutes in fact
I wouldn't go with all brawl no brain Dm. Am just saying having a combative DM sitting next to a play making type is best suited in a dual pivot.
Just like Pirlo had Gattuso at Milan and Vidal /pogba at Juve.
Onazi have always been criticised for lacking positional discipline but me thinks, Onazi is not a DM but a CM naturally. To unlock Onazi, you need to have a sitting Dm like Ndidi next to him while he presses high up the pitch with his energy. Just my opinion
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:48pm On Nov 01, 2016
He's obviously cooling off in a bar right now as Pep and Man City massacred and outplayed Barca 3-1... grin

He deserves that.... So happy Nacho sat out this one so that he can "watch and learn" wink

Well done Cityzens.... I was impressed.

terzurum5:
TheGoodJoe are you there

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:56pm On Nov 01, 2016
WHAT LEICESTER MANAGER TOLD AHMED
MUSA FOR HIM TO BE FIRING AGAIN

Ahmed Musa (right) celebrates his first Premier League goal against Crystal Palace

Nigeria star Ahmed Musa has said he got a lot of assurances from Leicester City manager Claudio Ranieri before he started scoring in the Premier League.

Ahmed Musa has scored in his club’s last two
league games after going without a goal in his
first five matches.

“The manager told me ‘don’t worry, just keep
working hard and it will come’ and finally it is
coming,” said the 24-year-old Nigeria International, an 18 million pounds signing from
Russian champions CSKA Moscow.

His equaliser at Tottenham Hotspur at the
weekend earned Leicester their first away point of the season and the former Kano Pillars star said he believes the spirit that drove ‘The Foxes’ to an unlikely Premier League conquest is steadily coming back.

“From the game at Tottenham, the spirit of last
season is coming back and we are working very
hard for that,” he said.

“My goal (vs Tottenham) was very important, it
was our first point away from home this season.”

Source: http://africanfootball.com//news/660465/What-Leicester-manager-told-Ahmed-Musa-for-him-to-be-firing-again

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:06pm On Nov 01, 2016
It's not certain, it's just a prognosis.... Depending on how the weekend goes for Slimani. Really want him to be in Uyo... I want beat them when they complete... grin

I no want excuses from the Algerians.... sad
Leicester Algerian Star Forward Suffers Groin Injury, Could Miss Nigeria Tie

Algeria’s preparation for their World Cup 2018
qualifiers against Nigeria has suffered a heavy
setback after one of the players coach George
Leekens is hoping to use against Nigeria suffered a groin injury.

Leekens released his list of foreign call up for the game against Nigeria, and Leicester City record signing Islam Slimani who was included in the list could miss the tie with a groin injury.

Slimani has been ruled out of Leicester City UEFA Champions League game against FC Copenhagen in Denmark, but reports has it that he could be fit for their weekend English Premier League game against West Bromwich Albion on Sunday.

The groin injury will reportedly take a week to
heal but it could extend to three weeks, if he
suffers a setback or aggravate the injury on his
return.

Regarded as one of the livewire of the Algerian
attack, his availability for the tie against Nigeria
on the 12th of November in Uyo, will be much
clearer after the weekend game in the English
Premier League.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/01/leicester-algerian-star-forward-suffers-groin-injury-could-miss-nigeria-tie/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:10pm On Nov 01, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
It's not certain, it's just a prognosis.... Depending on how the weekend goes for Slimani. Really want him to be in Uyo... I want beat them when they complete... grin

I no want excuses from the Algerians.... sad

I don't care how we beat them, 3 points is 3 points..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:12pm On Nov 01, 2016
This is how I expect the super eagles to line up against the Algerians.

In the heart of defense, it will be Williams troost ekong and Leon Balogun.
At left back it will be Echiejele ahead of Madu Kingsley as the latter most times forget his defensive duties.
At right back, I expect the pretty faced New Boy, Ebuehi to start ahead of Shehu Abdullahi. I don't see how an unfit Musa Mohammed should get a starters shirt as he is not engaged in club activities. Rohr may gamble with Omeruo or Ndidi at right back but only time will tell.
I don't know if Rohr will gamble with a rookie in a world cup game of great magnitude.

I forsee John Ogu displacing Onazi as the DMF.
Mikel retains his position in Central Midfield.

At left wing, Iwobi retains his position. Moses will start at right wing.

In the attack, it will be Ideye and Iheanancho.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:28pm On Nov 01, 2016
Meanwhile.... I wanna point out that with what I saw from Aguero today added to all he's achieved and done so far..... I think it's settled smiley

SERGIO KUN AGUERO IS WORLD-CLASS INDEED.... You cannot be "just a good player" and produce this kind of performance against The world's most dreaded side, FC Barcelona.

Take it to the bank, to the moon, to The end of the milky way, to wherever..... He's world-class and there's nothing we or anyone can do about it.

Sir TheGoodJoe.... Well done to you and the Cityzens. What a masterclass..... Indeed our own Iheanacho will turn into a super allround attacking badass by the time Pep is done with him in such environment where he's constantly exposed to world class players and coaching and also refined for worldclass awesomeness. smiley

Pep came to City at the right time.... And Nigeria will be the better for it in the long run.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:28pm On Nov 01, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
He's obviously cooling off in a bar right now as Pep and Man City massacred and outplayed Barca 3-1... grin

He deserves that.... So happy Nacho sat out this one so that he can "watch and learn" wink

Well done Cityzens.... I was impressed.

I wish. Today, my boss kept me at the office until 8:40. Before I could get to the bar, First half was over. Watch the second half and it was interesting. Splendid high pressing game. After an exhausting day, a victory like this makes it worth it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:29pm On Nov 01, 2016
Loolll... Ohhh but yes ofcos Sir Tbaba... smiley

I'm only being "bullish" and kinda cocky... wink

It is "absolute" sweet victory when you beat your opponents hands down with their full personnel just like how Barca went down to the Cityzens even with the deadliest attacking trio in full attendance, The "Mighty" MSN...

**runs into hiding before The Barca faithfuls come for my head.....*** grin

tbaba1234:

I don't care how we beat them, 3 points is 3 points..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:32pm On Nov 01, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Meanwhile.... I wanna point out that with what I saw from Aguero today added to all he's achieved and done so far..... I think it's settled smiley

SERGIO KUN AGUERO IS WORLD-CLASS INDEED.... You cannot be "just a good player" and produce this kind of performance against The world's most dreaded side, FC Barcelona.

Take it to the bank, to the moon, to The end of the milky way, to wherever..... He's world-class and there's nothing we or anyone can do about it.

Sir TheGoodJoe.... Well done to you and the Cityzens. What a masterclass..... Indeed our own Iheanacho will turn into a super allround attacking badass by the time Pep is done with him in such environment where he's constantly exposed to world class players and coaching and also refined for worldclass awesomeness. smiley

Pep came to City at the right time.... And Nigeria will be the better for it in the long run.

Good for Nacho. A big learning experience. From Pep Guardiola's interview for the game, he made his point clear to Nacho and Aguero.

He wants them to believe they can do the unbelievable. This was a great result but we still missed chances. With time, I see Guardiola ironing that out and Nacho benefitting massively from it.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:33pm On Nov 01, 2016
terzurum5:
TheGoodJoe are you there

Too tied up at that time to reply.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (16196) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, Ppogbae, Marjoribanks and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.