Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,197 members, 7,825,755 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11732793 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11148) (11149) (11150) (11151) (11152) (11153) (11154) ... (16173) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:13pm On Sep 05, 2021
LoverOfPussy:
andrewbaba44 the English team won't beat Cape Verde in Cape Verde

Danny just informed me about the Astro turf
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 5:24pm On Sep 05, 2021
TheLoneCitizen:

As reported two weeks ago, Ayomide Abraham Marcus has moved to Portimonense on a season-long loan with option to buy.

The Portuguese league is one of the most technical in Europe, similar to Brazil Serie A. Succeed here, you're ready for the big time.

Josh Maja to Forrest confirmed by club.

Despite an official confirmation, Josh Maja is not moving to Forrest
. HE HAS FAILED HIS MEDICAL.

He had several offers but chose a return to England.

Ayomide Abraham to Portugal.

1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:52pm On Sep 05, 2021
Rohr has been tinkering this team for over 4 years now, and they have played in various surfaces and conditions. He knew ahead of time that we will miss several players for the Cape Verde tie, before naming his squad. He's been working with a large pool of players for all these years. We have depth that he should have tested well enough prior to this very moment. He has no excuse not to win in Cape Verde. I will take a draw ONLY because I do not have high expectations of him. I would be so glad if he surprises me.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 5:58pm On Sep 05, 2021
Joebie:
Rohr has been tinkering this team for over 4 years now, and they have played in various surfaces and conditions. He knew ahead of time that we will miss several players for the Cape Verde tie, before naming his squad. He's been working with a large pool of players for all these years. We have depth that he should have tested well enough prior to this very moment. He has no excuse not to win in Cape Verde. I will take a draw ONLY because I do not have high expectations of him. I would be so glad if he surprises me.

Hmm Oshare well spojen
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:03pm On Sep 05, 2021
Cape Verde's home record in the last 2 years:
2 win, 3 draws and 1 loss (to Guinea).

It will be a good test.. But once again, no be we day boast of depth?

do4luv14:

Hmm Oshare well spojen

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 6:24pm On Sep 05, 2021
Joebie:

In his friendlies he should have tested muazum, nwakali, China akas etc to see how good they are but our oyibo man refused. We have a serious coaching problem. They should assign someone knowledgeable to him. He is limited.
By now he should know his second team. Not trying new players is a waste of friendlies. Friendlies are supposed to improve the team

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:27pm On Sep 05, 2021
We have been crying for so long about our thin midfield. Now here we are! The likes of Bonke and Michael will only be having their first game in this important encounter.

Philosopher1979:

In his friendlies he should have tested muazum, nwakali, China akas etc to see how good they are but our oyibo man refused. We have a serious coaching problem. They should assign someone knowledgeable to him. He is limited.
By now he should know his second team. Not trying new players is a waste of friendlies. Friendlies are supposed to improve the team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:32pm On Sep 05, 2021
We never even kick ball for Cape Verde, the wailing and moaning has already started. Na wa.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:45pm On Sep 05, 2021
Saka birthday goal
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 7:00pm On Sep 05, 2021
Joebie:
Cape Verde's home record in the last 2 years:
2 win, 3 draws and 1 loss (to Guinea).

It will be a good test.. But once again, no be we day boast of depth?

They actually lost to Senegal at home during AFCON 2019 qualification

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hatakekakashi: 7:02pm On Sep 05, 2021
Joebie:
Saka birthday goal
So today's his birthday. Maybe that's why Southgate allowed him play full match. Normally 70 mins max
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:22pm On Sep 05, 2021
what year was that? because the stats I gave was for the past two years.
nelszx:

They actually lost to Senegal at home during AFCON 2019 qualification
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:25pm On Sep 05, 2021
Saka will keep getting game time. Southgate has other reasons like letting the likes of Adarabioyo dream on. grin
Not taking anything away from the young lad though.

hatakekakashi:

So today's his birthday. Maybe that's why Southgate allowed him play full match. Normally 70 mins max

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 8:05pm On Sep 05, 2021
The head coach of Morocco reported that they've been hearing gunshots all day from their hotel. Guinea's WC qualifiers are in jeopardy.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 8:27pm On Sep 05, 2021
Ppogbae:
The head coach of Morocco reported that they've been hearing gunshots all day from their hotel. Guinea's WC qualifiers are in jeopardy.

Seems there's a coup in that country
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by femianski: 8:38pm On Sep 05, 2021
Ppogbae:
There was a coup there today
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by femianski: 8:38pm On Sep 05, 2021
kingphilip:

Seems there's a coup in that country
Yh you're right
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 8:45pm On Sep 05, 2021
Joebie:
what year was that? because the stats I gave was for the past two years.
2018 thereabout
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 8:54pm On Sep 05, 2021
Watching the WC qualifier between Gabon and Egypt couple of observations.

1. NFF should seriously do better with the kind of pitches they allow our players to be subjected too. The Gabonese pitch is lush beautiful and well trimmed.

2. Gabon has taken the game to the Egyptians but lack of composure in front of goal is costing them. Unfortunately anytime the ball falls to a Gabon player in a dangerous area it's not Aubameyang that's on the end of it so you can guess the outcome of that opportunity.

3. Egyptians are compact in defense not much of an attacking threat except pass to Salah and inshallah.

Let's see how the second half turns out.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 9:29pm On Sep 05, 2021
chrisooblog:
Watching the WC qualifier between Gabon and Egypt couple of observations.

1. NFF should seriously do better with the kind of pitches they allow our players to be subjected too. The Gabonese pitch is lush beautiful and well trimmed.

2. Gabon has taken the game to the Egyptians but lack of composure in front of goal is costing them. Unfortunately anytime the ball falls to a Gabon player in a dangerous area it's not Aubameyang that's on the end of it so you can guess the outcome of that opportunity.

3. Egyptians are compact in defense not much of an attacking threat except pass to Salah and inshallah.

Let's see how the second half turns out.

If we meet this same Egypt at next year's AFCON, we have no excuse not to flog them at least 2-0. They look so poor, even with Salah.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 9:29pm On Sep 05, 2021
Egypt get a red Gabon score soon after

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 9:47pm On Sep 05, 2021
Complete carpenters this Gabonese defense. 1 minute to go and a man advantage you still allow egypt to equalize grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tolulopefinest(m): 9:51pm On Sep 05, 2021
Gabon vs Egypt match was interesting Sha.
It was worth my Data grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:52pm On Sep 05, 2021
2017. We know they are beatable there.
nelszx:

2018 thereabout
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by younglleo: 9:57pm On Sep 05, 2021
make persin find me small money abeg, 1.5k or 2k am broke
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:19pm On Sep 05, 2021
Philosopher1979:

Sadiq Umar is badly underrated. This is because he struggled in Europe when he was young. He will play for big clubs and win African footballer of the year. He is too technically sound and fits into the modern game.
Roma was right snapping up this 16 year old boy when he was very young. That is what as Roma saw in him
the boy is good and miles better than onuachu
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 10:32pm On Sep 05, 2021
Joebie:
We have been crying for so long about our thin midfield. Now here we are! The likes of Bonke and Michael will only be having their first game in this important encounter.

No one really know what his game plan is until his line up comes out.
he hadly start an uncaped player in a competitive match,

Perhaps he will b forced to start two uncaped players at once.
My guess is that he will pair one of them with shehu in the midfield .

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by LoverOfPussy: 10:54pm On Sep 05, 2021
Napoleon55:

No one really know what his game plan is until his line up comes out.
he hadly start an uncaped player in a competitive match,

Perhaps he will b forced to start two uncaped players at once.
My guess is that he will pair one of them with shehu in the midfield .
But he started Akpoguma
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 11:04pm On Sep 05, 2021
andrew444:

Aina has been okay for the eagles and not below average

Stop saying what you dont know

You guys will watch a full 90 minutes game where there is no fault from aina position but you will ignore others fault and critisize him

Who is ourselves ?I think You are among the sentimental people i am speaking of

What was aina fault yesterday

You guys should stop the aina hate abeg

Aina is a good player, this is conspicuous.

We prefer Ebuehi in RB for the following reasons:

Ebuehi is best suited and more advanced in that role.
Ebuehi appears to have more education and training in that role than any, in the contemporary assemblage of SE players.

Ebuehi is more tidy in possession.
Giving the ball away more often puts more pressure on the team and most definitely will affect the implementation of tactics.

Ebuehi is less prone to errors.
Ebuehi's calm composure, concentration and reading of the game is worthy of note. These attributions are invariably the raison d'etre for the precision and astuteness we have seen in his games. Little errors can prove to be very costly and can be the difference between victory and defeat.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sainty92: 11:46pm On Sep 05, 2021
Meliforme:

Aina is a good player, and this is conspicuous.

We prefer Ebuehi at RB for the following reasons:

Ebuehi is best suited and more advanced in that role
Ebuehi appears to have more education and training in that role than any, in the contemporary assemblage of SE players.

Ebuehi is more tidy in possession
Giving the ball away more often puts more pressure on the team and most definitely will affect the implementation of tactics.

Ebuehi is less prone to errors
Ebuehi's calm composure, concentration and reading of the game is worthy of note. These attributions are invariably the raison d'etre for the precision and astuteness we have seen in his games. little errors can prove to be very costly and can be the difference between victory and defeat.
Ebuehi appears to have more education/training in Rb role than Aina how? Are you forgetting Aina's root? Someone that cut his teeth in one(if not the best) of the best academy in the world at Cobham Chelsea??
Ebuehi seems to be more tidy in possession like u highlighted but Aina seems to have that robustness and physicality that suits African games.
You said Ebuehi is less prone to errors, but I bet if it was Aina that gave a penalty away to Iceland which sirgudson missed at the last worldcup, u would have demanded his head. Aina has not really made any error leading to goal or threat to goal recent games but some people just want him out and Ebuehi in.
Well, your wish might be granted on Tuesday

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:55am On Sep 06, 2021
Meliforme:

Aina is a good player, and this is conspicuous.

We prefer Ebuehi at RB for the following reasons:

Ebuehi is best suited and more advanced in that role.

Ebuehi is more tidy in possession.

Ebuehi is less prone to errors.
Ebuehi's calm composure, concentration and reading of the game is worthy of note. These attributions are invariably the raison d'etre for the precision and astuteness we have seen in his games. Little errors can prove to be very costly and can be the difference between victory and defeat.

grin grin I hear

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11148) (11149) (11150) (11151) (11152) (11153) (11154) ... (16173) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: DrYa, elyte89, Ikanium(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.