Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,323 members, 7,811,953 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:24 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11152) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11611292 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11149) (11150) (11151) (11152) (11153) (11154) (11155) ... (16126) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PurpleHouse(m): 1:22am On Sep 06, 2021
andrew444:

Nigeria won the game but you must always look for a fault

If you dont like aina say it with your full chest, dude hardly got bad games for the eagles but you guys must look for a way to attack him indirectly, even if naija won liberia 7-0 you will still come and make noise about how ebuehi is not playing , you should be happy we got the 3 points , i am sure ebuehi will start at cape verde so that most of you will keep quiet

The hate for aina who has done nothing wrong is so irritating

No I wont keep quiet. The way you guys read out of context is disgraceful. I made reference to Ebuehi. I have seen him do wonders whenever he plays. Even the press has asked Rohr why he hardly uses him. But I am not allowed to point out my views because we won with 3 points. Did we play Brazil or France? We played f**king Liberia.

I have never attacked any player here. I am not myopic like you and some bunch here. I have only wondered and queried why our coach uses players like Simon Moses and other average bunch when there are better options.

So why the direct vegdulness? I dey follow you drag babe ni?

Next time if you dont understand the context of my post, pls ignore it. Thanks.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 1:41am On Sep 06, 2021
Sainty92:

Ebuehi appears to have more education/training in Rb role than Aina how? Are you forgetting Aina's root? Someone that cut his teeth in one(if not the best) of the best academy in the world at Cobham Chelsea??
Ebuehi seems to be more tidy in possession like u highlighted but Aina seems to have that robustness and physicality that suits African games.
You said Ebuehi is less prone to errors, but I bet if it was Aina that gave a penalty away to Iceland which sirgudson missed at the last worldcup, u would have demanded his head. Aina has not really made any error leading to goal or threat to goal recent games but some people just want him out and Ebuehi in.
Well, your wish might be granted on Tuesday

Aina has excellent recovery, strength and speed. However, his decision making is poor, and his attacking abilities are appalling considering his athletic prowess.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chidi1: 1:44am On Sep 06, 2021
12large1:

You must be very MAD! do you think this is 1980? You're playing an away game in an artificial turf with almost half of your first 11 unavailable and saying that a draw will be a bad result?? Personally, I believe that we should aspire and aim to win, but a draw is still acceptable considering the circumstances

Boy, I really miss the days when this forum was made up of bright minds that could hold an intellectual discuss without direct confrontation ( safarigirl, supernerd, Komekn,thegoodjoe, Hannibal, mostob etc....era come to mind). Since this kid joined this forum in May of this year, I have watched with appall as he continues to directly insult people that don't agree with his inane ideas. Dude, there are classy ways to express your obtuse ideas without direct confrontation. Maturity demands that you attack the idea not the individual. I guess that is why I continue to call you a kid.

I look forward to your response and for you to prove my point....

13 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 1:47am On Sep 06, 2021
In contrast, Ebuehi is much smarter and technically astute. He knows what to do with the ball, has a very good passing and crossing range. However, he is not as athletic as Aina, not as good for recoveries as Aina, and not as good as Aina when you are parking the bus, for example.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:46am On Sep 06, 2021
Meliforme:

Aina is a good player, and this is conspicuous.

We prefer Ebuehi at RB for the following reasons:

Ebuehi is best suited and more advanced in that role.
Ebuehi appears to have more education and training in that role than any, in the contemporary assemblage of SE players.

Ebuehi is more tidy in possession.
Giving the ball away more often puts more pressure on the team and most definitely will affect the implementation of tactics.

Ebuehi is less prone to errors.
Ebuehi's calm composure, concentration and reading of the game is worthy of note. These attributions are invariably the raison d'etre for the precision and astuteness we have seen in his games. Little errors can prove to be very costly and can be the difference between victory and defeat.
how many ebuehi’s games have you watched?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Alfryd: 8:22am On Sep 06, 2021
SOUTH AFRICA vs GHANA

you guys need to see what SA people are saying that we won't Qualify, lol
some are saying GO AND DISGRACE US USUALLY angrySOUTH AFRICA vs GHANA

you guys need to see what SA people are saying that we won't Qualify, lol
some are saying GO AND DISGRACE US USUAL, so funny comments

and personal I don't think Ghana can beat SA at home
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Embell: 8:34am On Sep 06, 2021
We? How many of you?

[quote author=Meliforme post=105529635]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:50am On Sep 06, 2021
The new guy in charge of the super eagles official Facebook page is really doing a good job...The page is now very active,and giving us timely update...Unlike before

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:16am On Sep 06, 2021
Embell:
We? How many of you?

I didn't see where he mentioned your moniker

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:17am On Sep 06, 2021
PurpleHouse:

No I wont keep quiet. The way you guys read out of context is disgraceful. I made reference to Ebuehi. I have seen him do wonders whenever he plays. Even the press has asked Rohr why he hardly uses him. But I am not allowed to point out my views because we won with 3 points. Did we play Brazil or France? We played f**king Liberia.

I have never attacked any player here. I am not myopic like you and some bunch here. I have only wondered and queried why our coach uses players like Simon Moses and other average bunch when there are better options.

So why the direct vegdulness? I dey follow you drag babe ni?

Next time if you dont understand the context of my post, pls ignore it. Thanks.

Leave the guy, anytime you mentioned Ebuehi he starts barking that you are insulting Aina, I wonder what kind of insecurity is that grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:21am On Sep 06, 2021
Sainty92:

Ebuehi appears to have more education/training in Rb role than Aina how? Are you forgetting Aina's root? Someone that cut his teeth in one(if not the best) of the best academy in the world at Cobham Chelsea??
Ebuehi seems to be more tidy in possession like u highlighted but Aina seems to have that robustness and physicality that suits African games.
You said Ebuehi is less prone to errors, but I bet if it was Aina that gave a penalty away to Iceland which sirgudson missed at the last worldcup, u would have demanded his head. Aina has not really made any error leading to goal or threat to goal recent games but some people just want him out and Ebuehi in.
Well, your wish might be granted on Tuesday

I guess you really have not watched SE matches became you would have remembered his blunder against Zambia that cost him his place in the Afcon or his brainfart against Algeria or his blunder against Cameroon in the Afcon?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sainty92: 9:57am On Sep 06, 2021
Subzero047:

I guess you really have not watched SE matches became you would have remembered his blunder against Zambia that cost him his place in the Afcon or his brainfart against Algeria or his blunder against Cameroon in the Afcon?
That was why I said *recent* games. You are talking about Afcon games of 2-3years ago. Yet u still refused to mention his good moments like that backflip defence splitter assist that opened the Burundian defence for ighalo to score our only goal in the game, his consistent performances for super eagles in the last few games. You guys just want to see Ebuehi play which is okay but don't criticize someone that did no wrong in the last game. Well, tomorrow no far. Ebuehi will likely start.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 10:10am On Sep 06, 2021
Sainty92:

That was why I said *recent* games. You are talking about Afcon games of 2-3years ago. Yet u still refused to mention his good moments like that backflip defence splitter assist that opened the Burundian defence for ighalo to score our only goal in the game, his consistent performances for super eagles in the last few games. You guys just want to see Ebuehi play which is okay but don't criticize someone that did no wrong in the last game. Well, tomorrow no far. Ebuehi will likely start.

You said recent games and was mentioning World cup? World cup and Afcon which was more recent?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 10:22am On Sep 06, 2021
Danielnino00:
The new guy in charge of the super eagles official Facebook page is really doing a good job...The page is now very active,and giving us timely update...Unlike before

You should know this ... Baba femi Raji of Brilla FM is the guy in charge of the SE ,and he is very good at it .

Pinnick understands branding and brand management ... na only funding i no understand how them dey handle
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sainty92: 10:29am On Sep 06, 2021
Subzero047:

You said recent games and was mentioning World cup? World cup and Afcon which was more recent?
I had to mention the world cup cos the other guy said Aina is prone to error meaning Ebuehi never does any error. And its only Aina's error that people continue saying and turn blind eyes to Ebuehi's. Assuming it was Aina that gave Iceland the pk, people will still be saying it till today. But since its Ebuehi, no one mentions it.
We all want a common goal for the super eagles. Criticising a player that did no wrong in a match just to promote your favorite is not the way. OK if I am to ask you, what wrong did Aina commit in the last game that he is getting this much stick?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 10:39am On Sep 06, 2021
Sainty92:
I had to mention the world cup cos the other guy said Aina is prone to error meaning Ebuehi never does any error. And its only Aina's error that people continue saying and turn blind eyes to Ebuehi's. Assuming it was Aina that gave Iceland the pk, people will still be saying it till today. But since its Ebuehi, no one mentions it.
We all want a common goal for the super eagles. Criticising a player that did no wrong in a match just to promote your favorite is not the way. OK if I am to ask you, what wrong did Aina commit in the last game that he is getting this much stick?

Does bringing up an error Ebuehi made last world cup mean Aina is not prone to error, explain to me the connection between Ebuehi's world cup and Aina's proneness to error
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:48am On Sep 06, 2021
Subzero047:

Does bringing up an error Ebuehi made last world cup mean Aina is not prone to error, explain to me the connection between Ebuehi's world cup and Aina's proneness to error

See if ah tell you say, I taya, you go think say ah lie, I just dry observe since, the comments that's been flying here ehn

Lemme not talk anything first

In fact back to Observation method
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sainty92: 10:58am On Sep 06, 2021
Subzero047:

The argument is between Aina and Ebuehi. You want Ebuehi to start because he is your favorite and because of that, you downgrade Aina's performance and say he is too error prone meaning Ebuehi u want to sell to us is not error prone. Am showing u his error now and u are trying not to talk about it.
Say anything you want, Ola Aina is Rohr's first choice Rb and for now, he deserves it 100%

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:05am On Sep 06, 2021
Tolulopefinest:
Gabon vs Egypt match was interesting Sha.
It was worth my Data grin

I go use my data for South Africa and Ghana later grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:06am On Sep 06, 2021
charlesemeka85:
the boy is good and miles better than onuachu

Miles better than onauchu ?

Na wa ooooo

You might not rate onuachu which is normal ,but saying Sadiq is better than him let alone miles Issa very big lie
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:08am On Sep 06, 2021
Meliforme:

Aina is a good player, and this is conspicuous.

Ebuehi is best suited and more advanced in that role.
Ebuehi appears to have more education and training in that role than any, in the contemporary assemblage of SE players.

Ebuehi is more tidy in possession.
Giving the ball away more often puts more pressure on the team and most definitely will affect the implementation of tactics.

Ebuehi is less prone to errors.
Ebuehi's calm composure, concentration and reading of the game is worthy of note. These attributions are invariably the raison d'etre for the precision and astuteness we have seen in his games. Little errors can prove to be very costly and can be the difference between victory and defeat.

You preferring ebuehi is not bad

But make you small small Dey lie for the things you said grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 11:26am On Sep 06, 2021
Sainty92:
The argument is between Aina and Ebuehi. You want Ebuehi to start because he is your favorite and because of that, you downgrade Aina's performance and say he is too error prone meaning Ebuehi u want to sell to us is not error prone. Am showing u his error now and u are trying not to talk about it.
Say anything you want, Ola Aina is Rohr's first choice Rb and for now, he deserves it 100%

Somebody said Aina is too error prone, that is his flaw you should be making arguments why Aina is not error prone and not bringing Ebuehi's error in world cup because that will not prove Aina is not error prone, I tire for your argument

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:39am On Sep 06, 2021
IMO Rohr disrespected Etebo. I totally understand if u don't want to start him but bringing him on at the 90th minute mark was totally uncalled for.

Then u go back to the start and according to what Rohr has been preaching for years a player playing in Scotland should never bench an epl starter.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 11:43am On Sep 06, 2021
Our remaining squad for the Cape Verde game

1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 11:44am On Sep 06, 2021
This is the kind of discussion where Afobear is needed with his

avveeerrraaaaggggeeeeeeeee

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 11:46am On Sep 06, 2021
BascoVanVeli:
IMO Rohr disrespected Etebo. I totally understand if u don't want to start him but bringing him on at the 90th minute mark was totally uncalled for.

Then u go back to the start and according to what Rohr has been preaching for years a player playing in Scotland should never bench an epl starter.

Which one be EPL starter grin Etebo is no longer in our best team the earlier you realize it the better for you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 11:47am On Sep 06, 2021
To think Rohr knew this would happen for the past 5 weeks

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 12:50pm On Sep 06, 2021
Subzero047:

Omo

See midfield embarassed

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Embell: 1:05pm On Sep 06, 2021
I didn't see where I mentioned your moniker

Subzero047:

I didn't see where he mentioned your moniker
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:14pm On Sep 06, 2021
Subzero047:

Is ozonwafor good enough for the eagles or there is something I don’t know ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joelsteron: 1:20pm On Sep 06, 2021
Subzero047:

3-5-2 looks good here.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 1:38pm On Sep 06, 2021
Olulong:

Omo

See midfield embarassed

Me looking at the list

(1) (2) (3) ... (11149) (11150) (11151) (11152) (11153) (11154) (11155) ... (16126) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: cc12(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.