Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,289 members, 7,811,865 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:42 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11149) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11609986 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11146) (11147) (11148) (11149) (11150) (11151) (11152) ... (16126) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:26pm On Sep 04, 2021
andrew444:

My biggest prayer is aina not starting against Cape Verde ,he will be the scape goat

He has played the first game so ebuehi should be starting ,if aina is starting he should be starting at LB

Scapegoat due to one or two opinions on this thread?

Andrew if he perform poorly trust naijas he would not be spared just like the way he was dropped from WC team.

I think those nagging negative criticisms on Aina by one or two here does not form general opinions and mind you those guys love Ebuehi like kilode which is normal but sometimes loving a player should not form a bases of harsh criticisms on his rival.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:36pm On Sep 04, 2021
Subzero047:

Nacho is a better finisher than most strikers in the EPL,he had the best goal per game ratio in the EPL as a 19 year old, and he had the second best last season
Oga Subzero but you didn't rate Nacho well despite scoring two goals against Liberia.

Please can you make your analysis more broadening on Iheanacho performance so that people can really understand your point of view.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:44pm On Sep 04, 2021
Kog45:
Scapegoat due to one or two opinions on this thread?

Andrew if he perform poorly trust naijas he would not be spared just like the way he was dropped from WC team.

I think those nagging negative criticisms on Aina by one or two here does not form general opinions and mind you those guys love Ebuehi like kilode which is normal but sometimes loving a player should not form a bases of harsh criticisms on his rival.

Don’t mind them

I just want ebuehi to play and that’s all

If naija failed to win Cape Verde with aina on the field he will be blamed even if osimhen missed an empty net it will all be aina fault

Most times I feel I argue with kids due to some sentiments

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 12:41am On Sep 05, 2021
andrew444:

Don’t mind them

I just want ebuehi to play and that’s all

If naija failed to win Cape Verde with aina on the field he will be blamed even if osimhen missed an empty net it will all be aina fault

Most times I feel I argue with kids due to some sentiments

Aina has been below average at RB Let's just be honest with ourselves. It seems like his even a better LB than Rb for eagles and I will pick ebuehi over Aina and shehu but Rohr sef

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:49am On Sep 05, 2021
12large1:

Aina has been below average at RB Let's just be honest with ourselves. It seems like his even a better LB than Rb for eagles and I will pick ebuehi over Aina and shehu but Rohr sef

Aina has been okay for the eagles and not below average

Stop saying what you dont know

You guys will watch a full 90 minutes game where there is no fault from aina position but you will ignore others fault and critisize him

Who is ourselves ?I think You are among the sentimental people i am speaking of

What was aina fault yesterday

You guys should stop the aina hate abeg

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 12:59am On Sep 05, 2021
LoverOfPussy:
Best formation we can use but rohr go one start Musa and shehu

Though I really love this line up but i fear that Rohr might not be too adventurous in the Cape Verde game. Rohr loves conservative football. He may still want to stick with Collins or Sanusi in LB and play Shehu and Bonke in DMF. You never can tell, he might be planning for a draw.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 2:02am On Sep 05, 2021
andrew444:

You guys will watch a full 90 minutes game where there is no fault from aina position but you will ignore others fault and critisize him

There’s no aina hate! My guy, in his time at RB for eagles, he has been below average. Not extremely adventurous or great defensively and in the few times that ebuehi has played at RB, ebuehi has been more impressive than Aina. Let’s not deceive ourselves here everyone has a common goal which is for SE to Win

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 3:45am On Sep 05, 2021
12large1:

There’s no aina hate! My guy, in his time at RB for eagles, he has been below average. [b]Not extremely adventurous [/b]or great defensively and in the few times that ebuehi has played at RB, ebuehi has been more impressive than Aina. Let’s not deceive ourselves here everyone has a common goal which is for SE to Win
You don't think that's tactical?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 6:15am On Sep 05, 2021
edi287:

You don't think that's tactical?
I don't think it's tactical because the same Aina is more impressive for SE at Left back and below average at right back for SE (weird) our best rb between Aina, shehu, awaziem and ebuehi is Ebuehi even awaziem delivers good crosses self
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 6:51am On Sep 05, 2021
solonnachi:

Though I really love this line up but i fear that Rohr might not be too adventurous in the Cape Verde game. Rohr loves conservative football. He may still want to stick with Collins or Sanusi in LB and play Shehu and Bonke in DMF. You never can tell, he might be planning for a draw.

Rohr is not fit to b super eagles should we draw that match
Have checked the profile of cape verde players 90%of them can't or rather dont have profiles that match the current super eagles in camp

Should Cape verde have players in Italian Seria A(Ebuehi, oshimen,Kingsley) or Olympiaqos, Turkey or France(Kalu) etc they would hav undisputed start on monday

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 7:25am On Sep 05, 2021
humility33:

Rohr is not fit to b super eagles should we draw that match
Have checked the profile of cape verde players 90%of them can't or rather dont have profiles that match the current super eagles in camp

Should Cape verde have players in Italian Seria A(Ebuehi, oshimen,Kingsley) or Olympiaqos, Turkey or France(Kalu) etc they would hav undisputed start on monday

You must be very MAD! do you think this is 1980? You're playing an away game in an artificial turf with almost half of your first 11 unavailable and saying that a draw will be a bad result?? Personally, I believe that we should aspire and aim to win, but a draw is still acceptable considering the circumstances

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:39am On Sep 05, 2021
12large1:

and what makes ebuehi better than him?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:41am On Sep 05, 2021
12large1:

[s]There’s no aina hate! My guy, in his time at RB for eagles, he has been below average. Not extremely adventurous or great defensively and in the few times that ebuehi has played at RB, ebuehi has been more impressive than Aina. Let’s not deceive ourselves here everyone has a common goal which is for SE to Win [/s]
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:45am On Sep 05, 2021
andrew444:

i have said this before and will say it again I will always pick Aina ahead of fragile looking ebuehi most especially against African oppositions

Sometimes the way pple cry for ebuehi to start games here you will think he is the 2nd coming of cafu or Dani alves

No be this same ebuehi I watch for Venezia match few weeks ago?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:22am On Sep 05, 2021
Kog45:
Oga Subzero but you didn't rate Nacho well despite scoring two goals against Liberia.

Please can you make your analysis more broadening on Iheanacho performance so that people can really understand your point of view.

Iheanacho is a great finisher no doubt about that but his general all round play is lacking in that he offers little in keeping possession and helping the midfield off the ball, it seems like a coach should add an extra body in midfield to make up for his lack of activity, that's why he works better in a 3-5-2 than a 4-4-2

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:26am On Sep 05, 2021
charlesemeka85:
i have said this before and will say it again I will always pick Aina ahead of fragile looking ebuehi most especially against African oppositions

Sometimes the way pple cry for ebuehi to start games here you will think he is the 2nd coming of cafu or Dani alves

No be this same ebuehi I watch for Venezia match few weeks ago?

You have come again if anybody was looking fragile in our last match it was Aribo, Ebuehi gives atleast 8/10 in all his matches African opponent or not he keeps possession recycles the ball well and is secure both offensively and defensively, I don't want to put mouth in all the sentimental comparing of Aina to Ebuehi but don't call him fragile looking

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:32am On Sep 05, 2021
andrew444:

I want ebuehi to start against Cape Verde so they will appreciate our winning that day

Una always say this and Ebuehi always starts and drops a masterclass, your defending of Aina is always sentiments because we all know who is better at the end of the day grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:36am On Sep 05, 2021
Parrot69:

Samuel Ogbemudia stadium in Benin city never had Astro-turf on it bro. Do your research.

No sir.. You are the one that needs the research..
We played Botswana there in a friendly.. It was one of Keshi first game in charge of the team...The pitch was astro....

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:37am On Sep 05, 2021
Subzero047:

Una always say this and Ebuehi always starts and drops a masterclass, your defending of Aina is always sentiments because we all know who is better at the end of the day grin

I have nothing against ebuehi and I will always support him and I will never speak bad against him as you guys do against aina ,any player wey rohr play I will support ,I am not like you guys who have favorites that you support and insult the ones who aren’t your favorites,I don’t watch football with sentiments

Too bad you don’t even know the meaning of master class

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:41am On Sep 05, 2021
12large1:

There’s no aina hate! My guy, in his time at RB for eagles, he has been below average. Not extremely adventurous or great defensively and in the few times that ebuehi has played at RB, ebuehi has been more impressive than Aina. Let’s not deceive ourselves here everyone has a common goal which is for SE to Win

With all due respect you are watching back of tv to classify aina performance as below average
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:42am On Sep 05, 2021
12large1:

You must be very MAD! do you think this is 1980? You're playing an away game in an artificial turf with almost half of your first 11 unavailable and saying that a draw will be a bad result?? Personally, I believe that we should aspire and aim to win, but a draw is still acceptable considering the circumstances
Not everybody has a defeatist mindset like yours. We should be going there to get the maximum point, not to be building up excuses.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:42am On Sep 05, 2021
andrew444:

I have nothing against ebuehi and I will always support him and I will never speak bad against him as you guys do against aina ,any player wey rohr play I will support ,I am not like you guys who have favorites that you support and insult the ones who aren’t your favorites,I don’t watch football with sentiments

Too bad you don’t even know the meaning of master class

You don't support anybody but when somebody says Ebuehi is our best right back you jump like you have rashes, who you dey deceive grin and when did commenting on a players play mean saying something bad about him, you want us to give a 10/10 to every player after every performance?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:52am On Sep 05, 2021
Subzero047:

You don't support anybody but when somebody says Ebuehi is our best right back you jump like you have rashes, who you dey deceive grin and when did commenting on a players play mean saying something bad about him, you want us to give a 10/10 to every player after every performance?

Show me where I have dissEd ebuehi while he was playing for the eagles just like you guys did against aina or keep shut.

Where did any of you even have time to rate the players performance,instead you choose to diss one person and catch fun with it

Who is speaking of 10/10 here ,even a player with brace won’t be rated 10/10

I no Dey watch ball with sentiments ,saying it with my full chest

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:56am On Sep 05, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Show me where I have dissEd ebuehi while he was playing for the eagles just like you guys did against aina or keep shut.

Where did any of you even have time to rate the players performance,instead you choose to diss one person and catch fun with it

Guy you like to run around saying nothing, Nobody dissed Aina here just show me ONE, people praised EBUEHI as SE no 1 right back and commented on Aina's performance but to your brain na diss, diss, diss go and sitdown for one place
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:58am On Sep 05, 2021
Subzero047:

Guy you like to run around saying nothing, Nobody dissed Aina here just show me ONE, people praised EBUEHI as SE no 1 right back and commented on Aina's performance but to your brain na diss, diss, diss go and sitdown for one place

We are not kids here

Keep on deceiving yourself

Na you get your mouth .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:59am On Sep 05, 2021
andrewbaba44:

We are not kids here

Na you get your mouth .

Go and write diss track oga grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sainty92: 9:13am On Sep 05, 2021
andrewbaba44:

I really don't understand why some people criticize Aina here. He did very well in the last game. Even better than some players. Yet it is his name they will call even if he gets a cleansheet as a defender. Maybe they want him to be scoring to be satisfied or maybe he should bleach and have Ebuehi's color so that they will let him be. One guy above even said he plays better at Lb than Rb all in the means to shift Aina out of that Rb and fix ebuehi. I just dey laff

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:16am On Sep 05, 2021
Sainty92:

I really don't understand why some people criticize Aina here. He did very well in the last game. Even better than some players. Yet it is his name they will call even if he gets a cleansheet as a defender. Maybe they want him to be scoring to be satisfied or maybe he should bleach and have Ebuehi's color so that they will let him be. One guy above even said he plays better at Lb than Rb all in the means to shift Aina out of that Rb and fix ebuehi. I just dey laff

Lol

Aina did well and we won but they are not happy ebuehi didn’t start

Funny set of people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sainty92: 9:27am On Sep 05, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Lol
. Assuming it was Ebuehi that had same performance as Aina on Friday, he would have been called the "next Trent Arnold" here. But Aina only gets criticism. Its beginning to look somehow. The truth be told, recent games Ebuehi played for super eagles, he was not that special as people want to paint it here. They just want to see the lad play and that's okay. But don't criticize someone that is clearly trying

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:31am On Sep 05, 2021
Sainty92:
. Assuming it was Ebuehi that had same performance as Aina on Friday, he would have been called the "next Trent Arnold" here. But Aina only gets criticism. Its beginning to look somehow. The truth be told, recent games Ebuehi played for super eagles, he was not that special as people want to paint it here. They just want to see the lad play and that's okay. But don't criticize someone that is clearly trying

I have no problem with ebuehi playing ,but criticizing aina always is simply too childish ,even when the dude is having a good game they will always look for something to say

These guys have no shame anymore ,sentiments don cover their head finish

When super eagles play match finish I hardly argue with who do well or not ,I go just sit down Dey see complains here for the wrong players grin

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:43am On Sep 05, 2021
Subzero047:

Go and write diss track oga grin

Bro how you dey na. Happy new week. Wetin dey happen? grin grin

I still dey wait your official retraction of this statement o and open admission to the fact that you were wrong. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Subzero047:
Iheanacho being a liability as always

(1) (2) (3) ... (11146) (11147) (11148) (11149) (11150) (11151) (11152) ... (16126) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.