Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,473 members, 7,954,850 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:52 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11300) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12457520 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11297) (11298) (11299) (11300) (11301) (11302) (11303) ... (16690) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 11:24am On Oct 07, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

Throwback Thursday Series: Osimhen's First Professional senior Goal.... the Beginning of a walk to Greatness - 7

Humility couldn't wait to see the video of the goal. grin

Funnily there was no Ppogbae then. Hahahahahaaha.... and I was still just as busy.

Meanwhile, Humility was engrossed in a discussion with the Elf of darkness about who our top 9 should be. The Osimhen Goal pulled him away from that for a moment.... grin

Yes bro
Watching his under 17 exploits made me to know that should this lad continue this way he would be a world renowed striker

I pray for him everytime, God should take him to a height of becoming one of the best striker that ever graced football.
I cherish him alot

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 11:28am On Oct 07, 2021
forgiveness:

If you like delete the message and run crying to the mod for help, I don’t care.

Next time you will respect yourself...... except you are suffering from paranoid personality disorder else what can describe the excessive suspicion you are exhibiting when you see my shadow?

It is curable. Don’t worry. I can help you.

The most annoying thing about what you're doing is that you will end up building hate for Awoniyi here and unnecessary comparism between two brothers (oshimen and Awoniyi) trying to make africa continent proud.

People will now start baring resentment and comparing one against the other. It makes no sense not everytime u should be controversial and u do this almost all the time

You need to change, it is being childish i am sure you're way above 35 but still not reflecting in your actions.

Gone were the days you come here with meaningful discussions and drop name of FB player no one knows exist somewhere

Gracias

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:34am On Oct 07, 2021
BascoVanVeli:
Victor Osimhen with the most beautiful goal u will see today.

I call it back heal magic grin

Throwback Thursday Series: Osimhen's First Professional senior Goal.... the Beginning of a walk to Greatness - smiley20 (Bonus part - The Video of the goal).

In honor of this post... and knowing that many didn't get to see that goal 3 yrs ago and even till now, I repost it here again.

Check from 2.51.... watch the build up to that goal and the goal itself and you will understand why Basco called it the most beautiful goal you will see going back to September 22, 2018.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSB02X7yUf0

This is to many more goals to come from our lad. Our number 1 Striker and also to wishing our darling Super Eagles the best of the very best in today's encounter with C.A.R.

Na we dey here! cool

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:34am On Oct 07, 2021
humility33:

The most annoying thing about what you're doing is that you will end up building hate for Awoniyi here and unnecessary comparism between two brothers (oshimen and Awoniyi) trying to make africa continent proud.

People will now start baring resentment and comparing one against the other. It makes no sense not everytime u should be controversial and u do this almost all the time

You need to change, it is being childish i am sure you're way above 35 but still not reflecting in your actions.

Gracias

This affirmed you are suffering from Paranoid personality disorder.

You need a psychiatrist or psychologist to help you out because it’s getting out of hands else why accusing me of the comparison between Awoniyi and Osimhen?

Why didn’t you accuse drDoom3 who started the comparison?

You are really sick. This is confirmation you’re also a tribalist of the highest order.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:38am On Oct 07, 2021
humility33:

Gone were the days you come here with meaningful discussions and drop name of FB player no one knows exist somewhere

Gracias

What a myopic fellow!

Ali, Akpogume, Ebuehi, Kingsley, Eze, Lookman, etc were all first mentioned by me here.

Now, are they existing or you are not existing in this world to be oblivion to it?

What a timid shallow minded bigot.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 11:44am On Oct 07, 2021
forgiveness:

This affirmed you are suffering from Paranoid personality disorder.

You need a psychiatrist or psychologist to help you out because it’s getting out of hands else why accusing me of the comparison between Awoniyi and Osimhen?

Why didn’t you accuse drDoom3 who started the comparison?

You are really sick. This is confirmation you’re also a tribalist of the highest order.

Everyone knows who is a tribalist between us if that needs to be affirmed

But anyway oga do have a good day ahead

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:48am On Oct 07, 2021
humility33:

Everyone knows who is a tribalist between us if that needs to be affirmed

But anyway oga do have a good day ahead

What a deluded fellow. Who are the everybody?

Your fellow cohort who believes and claimed talented footballers are only from your region?

Who will take you seriously? Tribalist like you.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 11:53am On Oct 07, 2021
forgiveness:

What a deluded fellow. Who are the everybody?

Your fellow cohort who believes and claimed talented footballers are only from your region?

Who will take you seriously? Tribalist like you.

Lolgrin

Which talent footballers i claim came from my region

You're accusing me of what you're guilty of
Kelechi,Ndidi, Ejuke, Iwobi, Kanu etc and more are not from my region but my country men so which footballer i have claimed all hail from my region

Here i never liked Ighalo and didn't hide it despite him coming from my region
You see me calling out Pinnick here always despite coming from my region and even the two mediocre coaches (Aigbogun and Equaveon) he parades

You need to change your ways old man

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:00pm On Oct 07, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Yes he was supposed to be. Even Chief Icon4s who normally takes his time before he gives his nod to a talent's true potentials really rated Isaac Success and had big hopes for him. He never hid that.

It's annoying right now seeing he is yet to get gametime at Udinese this season so far but I hope that story changes after this international break and going forward towards Christmas.

He showed very good potentials when Rohr capped him then using him from the right. His power, strength and pace was quite a handful for Senegal in that friendly in the UK. The one that ended 1-1.

Hopefully he can get his chance again at Udinese. Still 25 now.

Laugh Wan kee me here since with your throw back snapshots grin grin. Truly, the internet never forgets.

TheGoodJoe just summarized it. I don't believe in a one game wonder. You need to prove yourself at Senior level (consistently turning up) before I will give that nod. I have had too many heart breaks from young players of the past to know this.

As for Isaac Success, he has been the greatest disappointment since after Macaulay Chrisantus. So matured and well drilled striker for his young age as at then. Scoring goals like a 25years old. He looked like an already made striker.

Well I just pray he manages to blossom at a late age.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 12:14pm On Oct 07, 2021
A daily reminder, Pep Guardiola is the greatest coach of all time

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kushercain: 12:16pm On Oct 07, 2021
You mean the chequebook manager
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CODMOK: 12:21pm On Oct 07, 2021
Icon4s:

Laugh Wan kee me here since with your throw back snapshots grin grin. Truly, the internet never forgets.

TheGoodJoe just summarized it. I don't believe in a one game wonder. You need to prove yourself at Senior level (consistently turning up) before I will give that nod. I have had too many heart breaks from young players of the past to know this.

As for Isaac Success, he has been the greatest disappointment since after Macaulay Chrisantus. So matured and well drilled striker for his young age as at then. Scoring goals like a 25years old. He looked like an already made striker.

Well I just pray he manages to blossom at a late age.

Isaac Success really fall person hand Sha. Truly the race is not to the swift. I pray things turn around for him

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 12:22pm On Oct 07, 2021
TheGoodJoe:
I hope Emmanuel Amunike becomes the coach of Super Eagles soon. I believe he can compete with the likes of Guardiola and Enrique tactically and can be a big blessing to the current crop of Super Eagles forwards.
I'm guessing NFF will go for Finidi if he does well with enyimba
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 12:38pm On Oct 07, 2021
Still remember with Nostalgia the triumvirate of Isaac Success, Kels Iheanacho and this other Abdulahi Ibrahim Alhassan during their U17 African qualifiers before he was dropped due to MRI. I was just salivating for their combo in SE. I really doubt if it will ever happen.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:42pm On Oct 07, 2021
Interesting article from Solace Chukwu. He suggests trying out Ola Aina in a midfield double pivot alongside Ndidi or any other defensively minded midfielder. Tactical analysts in the house what do you think?

https://chaosdigestbysolace.substack.com/p/nigerias-secret-midfielder
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 12:49pm On Oct 07, 2021
Please the coaches in the house we are expecting your possible line ups and tactical analysis who knows some one in the eagles camp might show oga rorh to help in the coming games grin wink smiley

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 12:53pm On Oct 07, 2021
humility33:

Gracias
No sane person will start hating awoniyi because of forgiveness ,
Awoniyi is too humble to attract such resentment.
Mr forgiveness might even like Osimhen more than some of the people he argued against him.

Most times people who attack some players here don't do it because they truely hate those players but they do it because they indirectly want to attack some people here.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:04pm On Oct 07, 2021
The bold right here is simply the truth

Napoleon55:

No sane person will start hating awoniyi because of forgiveness ,
Awoniyi is too humble to attract such resentment.
Mr forgiveness might even like Osimhen more than some of the people he argued against him.

Most times people who attack some players here don't do it because they truely hate those players but they do it because they indirectly want to attack some people here.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 1:28pm On Oct 07, 2021
AndSunGorilla:
I so much love Taiwo Awoniyi now, very well grounded!!! Left ome to be by himself at a very young age, whatever his challenges, he is still a star but the boy is extremely humble and also religious. Kog45 I am really impressed, I pray that the boy will become highly successful I'm his career.
very religious, they actually call him pastor

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 1:31pm On Oct 07, 2021
chrisooblog:
Interesting article from Solace Chukwu. He suggests trying out Ola Aina in a midfield double pivot alongside Ndidi or any other defensively minded midfielder. Tactical analysts in the house what do you think?

Leon would fit in there than Aina. And I wouldn't dare put any of them
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 1:34pm On Oct 07, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

Throwback Thursday Series: Osimhen's First Professional senior Goal.... the Beginning of a walk to Greatness - smiley20 (Bonus part - The Video of the goal).

In honor of this post... and knowing that many didn't get to see that goal 3 yrs ago and even till now, I repost it here again.

Check from 2.51.... watch the build up to that goal and the goal itself and you will understand why Basco called it the most beautiful goal you will see going back to September 22, 2018.

This is to many more goals to come from our lad. Our number 1 Striker and also to wishing our darling Super Eagles the best of the very best in today's encounter with C.A.R.

Na we dey here! cool

this is what happens when your coach and team have full confidence in you

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 1:35pm On Oct 07, 2021
forgiveness:

What a myopic fellow!

Ali, Akpogume, Ebuehi, Kingsley, Eze, Lookman, etc were all first mentioned by me here.

Now, are they existing or you are not existing in this world to be oblivion to it?

What a timid shallow minded bigot.
he was actually praising you for it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 1:42pm On Oct 07, 2021
chrisooblog:

There’s no need complicating selections. Just play people at their best positions

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:48pm On Oct 07, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

Na we dey here! cool

Mbok, Star Boy, Osimhen, If Guardiola calls for you, please answer the call.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:23pm On Oct 07, 2021
Very well said.
He's got everything going for him. All he needs is consistency. Very grounded and humble indeed. I admire humility.

AndSunGorilla:
I so much love Taiwo Awoniyi now, very well grounded!!! Left ome to be by himself at a very young age, whatever his challenges, he is still a star but the boy is extremely humble and also religious. Kog45 I am really impressed, I pray that the boy will become highly successful I'm his career.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by victornoah(m): 2:23pm On Oct 07, 2021
Good pitch makes football looks so exciting. See small Tanzania boasting of sweet pitch and perfect picture quality.

God help Nigeria.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 2:30pm On Oct 07, 2021
victornoah:
Good pitch makes football looks so exciting. See small Tanzania boasting of sweet pitch and perfect picture quality.

God help Nigeria.

I think they are doing it knowingly at this point, you want to tell me that there is no decent Camera in the whole of 200 million people

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tolulopefinest(m): 2:35pm On Oct 07, 2021
Nigeria line up vs CAR

Uzoho

Ola Aina, Balogun, Ekong, Collins

Simon Onyeka Aribo Ejuke

Iheanacho Osimhen

Good to go right? What do you think?

This is according to owngoalnigeria. And we all know that there lineup has always been accurate?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 2:42pm On Oct 07, 2021
Victor Ikpeba said that Alex Iwobi is not good forgetting that Iwobi has done more for the super eagles than him.
Iwobi vs Ikpeba
Iwobi- 48 matches,9 goals in six years while
Ikpeba-31 matches,7 goals in ten years
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:44pm On Oct 07, 2021
No surprises. I am okay with it.

Tolulopefinest:
Nigeria line up vs CAR

Uzoho

Simon Onyeka Aribo Ejuke

Iheanacho Osimhen

This is according to owngoalnigeria. And we all know that there lineup has always been accurate?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by victornoah(m): 2:48pm On Oct 07, 2021
Tolulopefinest:
Nigeria line up vs CAR

Uzoho

Simon Onyeka Aribo Ejuke

Iheanacho Osimhen

The lineup is pretty much OK, apart from the inclusion of Collins. I think Bassey should have been played instead.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CODMOK: 2:48pm On Oct 07, 2021
zuchyblink:
Victor Ikpeba said that Alex Iwobi is good forgetting that Iwobi has done more for the super eagles than him.
Iwobi vs Ikpeba
Iwobi- 48 matches,9 goals in six years while
Ikpeba-31 matches,7 goals in ten years

Like I always said, the achievement of some of these ex-internationals (though excellent in their own time) are sometimes overrated jare

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11297) (11298) (11299) (11300) (11301) (11302) (11303) ... (16690) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: charlesemeka85(m), LoverOfEvil, elyte89, KpagoGIN(m), bossto(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.