Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,995 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11299) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11674722 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11296) (11297) (11298) (11299) (11300) (11301) (11302) ... (16152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:57am On Oct 07, 2021
Danielnino00:

The news is that he was arrested at a bar early this morning...nothing about sexual assault there..

This is from a Brighton news outlet.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:58am On Oct 07, 2021
Throwback Thursday Series: Osimhen's First Professional senior Goal.... the Beginning of a walk to Greatness - 5.

Still September 22, 2018. Time was 5.38pm (Naija time).

Then it was the turn of Yours Sincerely, Nerdie. wink

I broke protocol and came online even when I didn't have to. I had to come bear witness and record that day on this thread.

I was so excited because I knew what that goal signified both for the lad and for us as a football nation.

3 years on and the excitement of that day was/is justified

The only other time I was this excited on NL was the day Iheanacho introduced himself to English Football with that last gasp goal vs Crystal Palace back in 2015. With The Palace coach even admitting he has never known or heard about Nacho before that moment that broke his team's back.

One moment can make the world know your name.

Like Iheanacho on Sept.12 2015, Like Osimhen on Sept. 22, 2018. cool

TheSuperNerd:
I almost hit the roof on seeing his goal notification on my gadget. Our little Drogba is back and long may his talents keep shining.

You know a special talent when you see one (with sincerity and not bias). Osimhen is another in that class.

Welcome back to the Osimhen show

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:59am On Oct 07, 2021
humility33:

Says a man that his senses have been blocked by tribalism

You've no moral right to say any has no common sense even a baby think straight more than u as long as his thoughts is not impaired by sentiments

You just can't change...you come here every time to argue under this motivation and nothing else

Can you see why I said you don’t have common sense?

You are a tribalist and only a tribalist can think like this.

Someone who is captured by the thought of the de.vil.

You had better wash your head off inferiority complex and have a sound mindset.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:02am On Oct 07, 2021
Truidstar:
Congrats Victor Osimhen on your goal. Good to see, he will rise above his recent challenges. #IGHALOOUT

Throwback Thursday Series: Osimhen's First Professional senior Goal.... the Beginning of a walk to Greatness - 6

Then this man in the post above. Who would go on later to become The President of the #CallUpCyrielDessers Campaign grin flaunted the #IghaloOUT hashing as a way of probably saying, "Osimhen is the next in line"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:06am On Oct 07, 2021
Humility017:

please bro...share the video
please....I just can't wait.

Throwback Thursday Series: Osimhen's First Professional senior Goal.... the Beginning of a walk to Greatness - 7

Humility couldn't wait to see the video of the goal. grin

Funnily there was no Ppogbae then. Hahahahahaaha.... and I was still just as busy.

Meanwhile, Humility was engrossed in a discussion with the Elf of darkness about who our top 9 should be. The Osimhen Goal pulled him away from that for a moment.... grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:08am On Oct 07, 2021
Throwback Thursday Series: Osimhen's First Professional senior Goal.... the Beginning of a walk to Greatness - 8

Then Basco replied our man who asked for his club. grin

The thread living to its reputation as a true information center. wink

BascoVanVeli:

Royal Charleroi in Belgium

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:10am On Oct 07, 2021
darkelf:
Victor Osimhen score.

This week is looking good for the naija boys.

He plays for sporting chaleroi in the Jupiler league (on loan from Wolfsburg)

Throwback Thursday Series: Osimhen's First Professional senior Goal.... the Beginning of a walk to Greatness - 9

Then Darkelf (known now more as Blueelf) joined the Osimhen party.

Meanwhile, Truidstar of the #IGHALOOUT group asked that. Well, now he knows his answer. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:14am On Oct 07, 2021
Throwback Thursday Series: Osimhen's First Professional senior Goal.... the Beginning of a walk to Greatness - 10

Still September 22...

Then I replied Humility asking for the Video stating I was truly engaged. Yet I just couldn't miss dropping in for a shoutout in honour of Osimhen's First Senior Professional Goal.

What a moment that was. A moment that has given birth to many more special times and sees his rise to the top of the world game continue.... cool

TheSuperNerd:
Not exactly watching as I am engaged but I got loads of notifications online that described his goal. He scored with his heel from reports after initially trying to bring the ball under control. It was class. wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:16am On Oct 07, 2021
humility33:

Nit necessary replying u Oga

Just want to be in a good mood today

If you like delete the message and run crying to the mod for help, I don’t care.

Next time you will respect yourself...... except you are suffering from paranoid personality disorder else what can describe the excessive suspicion you are exhibiting when you see my shadow?

It is curable. Don’t worry. I can help you.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:16am On Oct 07, 2021
Throwback Thursday Series: Osimhen's First Professional senior Goal.... the Beginning of a walk to Greatness - 11

Sept.22 continues....

And overtime... Basco, like me and theGoodjoe, have been proven right.

3 yrs on and this has aged well. cool

BascoVanVeli:

The boy has not only the talent but most importantly the mindset to be a big time success. His mental strength is to me what separates him from the pack. The show has begun.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:19am On Oct 07, 2021
Icon4s:

So na Osimhen goal bring you out like this? Oya enter house back go read your book. grin

Throwback Thursday Series: Osimhen's First Professional senior Goal.... the Beginning of a walk to Greatness - 12

Then Papa Icon4s came for me grin grin

He knew I had been away from the thread for a while so he couldn't resist taking a small jab. Hahahahaha

Perhaps he didn't understand then. Or perhaps he did and just wanted to have some fun. Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:23am On Oct 07, 2021
Icon4s:

And the hyping resumes... grin

Throwback Thursday Series: Osimhen's First Professional senior Goal.... the Beginning of a walk to Greatness - 13.

And Damn right, the hype resumed from where we left off, but this time, in greater force... grin

Meanwhile, I couldn't resist saying a few words about Iheanacho's showing that day as well. But that day for me belonged to Osimhen. He was the reason I was online.

His goal was the most anticipated for me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:27am On Oct 07, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

Throwback Thursday Series: Osimhen's First Professional senior Goal.... the Beginning of a walk to Greatness - 6

Then this man in the post above. Who would go on later to become The President of the #CallUpCyrielDessers Campaign grin flaunted the #IghaloOUT hashing as a way of probably saying, "Osimhen is the next in line"

Na wa ooo...internet no dey forget. I am justified indeed and proud.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:28am On Oct 07, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

Not even Iheanacho's class performance today or Ebere Eze's classy showings of late could bring me out... Not even Samuel Chukwueze's Europa league debut (coz i actually saw it coming) or Orji Okonkwo's start for Bologna in serie A last time out... not even news of David Enogela joining Olimpik Donetsk in Ukraine...

Na just this lad... Victor James Osimhen... I believe he has the DNA to become our next great no.9.. he just needs time and that Super Jolt of confidence to soar... He is an Eagle.. he just needs to find his wind and he has started very well in Belgium.

By the way, I've been well Dad... Missed me?

Throwback Thursday Series: Osimhen's First Professional senior Goal.... the Beginning of a walk to Greatness - 14

And there it is. Forever etched on the Internet. The reason I logged in that very day revealed in all its glory. grin

Was my excitement justified? Has it been proven right so far? Oh yes it has! cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:32am On Oct 07, 2021
zuchyblink:
Happy for Osimehn

Throwback Thursday Series: Osimhen's First Professional senior Goal.... the Beginning of a walk to Greatness - 15

Zuchyblink wasn't left out.... grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:33am On Oct 07, 2021
OCTOBER 16, 2016 - HOW TIME FLIES.
TheGoodJoe:

I was so crazy about Nacho's finishing until I watched Osimhen. I have not seen a striker wrap his foot around the ball when shooting like Osimhen.

With Osimhen coming in, I opt we play a similar system to Enrique's Barcelona. As Guardiola puts it, a Machine made up of excellent forwards.

With Success, Osimhen and Iheanacho, setting up as Neymar, Suarez and Messi. All forwards with brilliant goal scoring records.

cc: TheSuperNerd

As we celebrate Osimhen, my heart still aches for Success. He was suppose to be a big part of the League of Extraordinary Hitmen.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:36am On Oct 07, 2021
I hope Emmanuel Amunike becomes the coach of Super Eagles soon. I believe he can compete with the likes of Guardiola and Enrique tactically and can be a big blessing to the current crop of Super Eagles forwards.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:37am On Oct 07, 2021
Truidstar:

Fell in love with Osimhen when he was introduced against Senegal at the African U23 championships in the second half. He changed that game and we went to the final.

Throwback Thursday Series: Osimhen's First Professional senior Goal.... the Beginning of a walk to Greatness - 16

Time was 6pm... still Sept 22, 2018.

Truidstar then took us back a bit to 2015 U23 Afcon. In the Semis against Senegal. Beautiful recall from the ex-president of the #CallUpCyrielDessers Campaign (which was a successful campaign by the way coz he got called up eventually).

As for my words in the screenshots, that was me replying My Dad, Icon4s to not misinterpret our belief in the Lad, Osimhen... lol

TheGoodJoe and I remember too well how we were taken out of context when discussing Iheanacho and Mbappe back then. Lol

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 10:38am On Oct 07, 2021
We saw him coming
TheSuperNerd:

Throwback Thursday Series: Osimhen's First Professional senior Goal.... the Beginning of a walk to Greatness - 15

Zuchyblink wasn't left out.... grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:43am On Oct 07, 2021
Icon4s:

Bro cool down no be today we dey see players like this grin. Let him play a couple more games and and let him continue to display those abilities consistently before me I will start shouting his name.

We are in dire need of natural CFs so it will be our utmost joy if Osimhen can step up his game and step into the shoes. But let us see him do it consistently first and maybe also do it in a more competitive league.

You are free to start singing his praises o. But me i will just lie low for now and be looking....

Throwback Thursday Series: Osimhen's First Professional senior Goal.... the Beginning of a walk to Greatness - 17

As always, the Arch-guardian and the master of the halls of experience in here, Chief Icon4s called for Caution. He was only trying to guard his heart against any disappointment. One shouldn't blame him, for he has seen generations of top talents who didn't fulfill their rich potentials.

I believe by now, he looks upon Osimhen and sees indeed the number 9 we have always craved to lead the lines in the GWG.

At bolded.... Dad how far na, you still laying low and looking? grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:49am On Oct 07, 2021
Icon4s:

You no even come out come play when Eaglets won the WAFU ZoneB Ticket.

This your Osimhen better performs to avoid heart break o. grin

And to the bolded, em you don do wetin you dey do inside house finish abi you just come out come shout goooooooooooaaaaaaaaallllllll for Osimhen? And then plan to run in again? Well na farm me dey go so o. Take care of the house.

Throwback Thursday Series: Osimhen's First Professional senior Goal.... the Beginning of a walk to Greatness - 18

My Papa Icon4s finish me for hia......... grin grin grin

But one thing is certain, in Response to the Emboldened above, "There will be no heartbreaks!" cool

Osimhen is Inevitable. His March to Full blown Greatness continues. smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:52am On Oct 07, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

Look here sir, my name is not Jordon I don't Hybe grin

Meanwhile, shoutout to this banter by Basco.. and the witty response from Chief Icon4s.

Una no go kee me.... grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:52am On Oct 07, 2021
Oga Icon4s always has his ways. He only praises you when you have accomplished. Never wants to praise one hit wonders. Glad Osimhen is proving himself but I think this is just the beginning.

I am expecting some spectacular run of performances from Osimhen and Iheanacho in the coming years. They are just warming up.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:54am On Oct 07, 2021
My advice to Isaac Success is to go back to Spain. Rebuild his game and confidence. The weapons are still in those feet.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:57am On Oct 07, 2021
TheGoodJoe:
I hope Emmanuel Amunike becomes the coach of Super Eagles soon. I believe he can compete with the likes of Guardiola and Enrique tactically and can be a big blessing to the current crop of Super Eagles forwards.

Goodjoe please respect your self

What are you saying ?

You want me to drag you and school you about being tactical throughout the whole day abi grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 11:02am On Oct 07, 2021
If Newcastle complete this takeover, I'm ditching Everton straight.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:02am On Oct 07, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Goodjoe please respect your self

What are you saying ?

You want me to drag you and school you about being tactical throughout the whole day abi grin

I repeat, and I have no doubt that Amunike can compete tactically with the likes of Guardiola and Enrique. Keep in mind, I am a sincere and passionate fan of both coaches. From their days coaching Barcelona B. No matter where you want to take it.

You can not say you watched games of these coaches in their rawrest forms. I did.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:06am On Oct 07, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

Uhmmm... Need I remind you it is not everyday you see a player who did what he did as a 16 yeear old back in 2015 and making the step up immediately to the U-23s and still showed solid stuffs?

Well, I am calm actually. I just need to drive in the fact that Osimhen is special. A few early struggles for the lad was mainly injury-based and never down to his talents or abilities. I believe he will eventually come good. It is not the first time I am spotting talent and watching them grow... I usually apply patience in rating a talent. I am not quick to condemn or like others quick to label one as "not making progress" or terming such a "wasteman" like someone who must not be named grin

Remember the case with Awoniyi? Many almost lost hope in Awo... But he eventually came good last season and now has the chance to build on that. He is among Liverpool's highly rated loanees.

See ehn, this Osimhen's goal today is just the beginning and jolt he needed. I am not saying he has arrived yet or is close to that... No. I am just excited because he has done the first thing needed to begin his rise again... And this is what I celebrate and hope to see more of as time goes on.

It is Osimhen's time. It is the boy's time and he has started his Belgian journey well today. Watch as the lad rises... #YouHeardItHereFirst

Throwback Thursday Series: Osimhen's First Professional senior Goal.... the Beginning of a walk to Greatness - smiley19 (Conclusive part).

Then my words to my Dad Icon4s strongly affirming the talents in Osimhen as if I had long had a Clear Vision.

Like I said then... #YouHeardItHereFirst..... never forget, some of us saw him coming from a loonngg way back

It is a beautiful thing to see your analyses and your trust in a talent pull through and be proven right.
I even had kind strong words of belief for Awoniyi's potentials.

But more importantly than being proven right is to see the Beautiful quality such talents add to the image of our football and to the National team set-up.

That's part of what this thread is about. smiley

#LongLivetheSuper Eagles

#LongLiveOurMonsterMachine

#LongLiveOurNaijaRobben

#LongLiveTheSeniorman

#LongLiveTheMidfieldOctopus

#LongLiveAllThePlayersAndWarriorsOfTheGWG

#LongLiveTheLeagueOfExtraOrdinaryHitmen

#LongLiveTheNewGoldenGeneration

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:16am On Oct 07, 2021
Yes he was supposed to be. Even Chief Icon4s who normally takes his time before he gives his nod to a talent's true potentials really rated Isaac Success and had big hopes for him. He never hid that.

It's annoying right now seeing he is yet to get gametime at Udinese this season so far but I hope that story changes after this international break and going forward towards Christmas.

He showed very good potentials when Rohr capped him then using him from the right. His power, strength and pace was quite a handful for Senegal in that friendly in the UK. The one that ended 1-1.

Hopefully he can get his chance again at Udinese. Still 25 now.

TheGoodJoe:
OCTOBER 16, 2016 - HOW TIME FLIES.

cc: TheSuperNerd

As we celebrate Osimhen, my heart still aches for Success. He was suppose to be a big part of the League of Extraordinary Hitmen.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 11:18am On Oct 07, 2021
forgiveness:

Can you see why I said you don’t have common sense?

You are a tribalist and only a tribalist can think like this.

Someone who is captured by the thought of the de.vil.

You had better wash your head off inferiority complex and have a sound mindset.

Lol..... grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:19am On Oct 07, 2021
solonnachi:
It seems Maduka Okoye has been replaced for today's game with Francis Uzoho.
yes, according to Collin Udoh, Rohr said he’ll be punished for coming late

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 11:22am On Oct 07, 2021
I so much love Taiwo Awoniyi now, very well grounded!!! Left ome to be by himself at a very young age, whatever his challenges, he is still a star but the boy is extremely humble and also religious. Kog45 I am really impressed, I pray that the boy will become highly successful I'm his career.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11296) (11297) (11298) (11299) (11300) (11301) (11302) ... (16152) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Christinu2 and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.