Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11298) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11673755 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11295) (11296) (11297) (11298) (11299) (11300) (11301) ... (16152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 6:22am On Oct 07, 2021
It seems Maduka Okoye has been replaced for today's game with Francis Uzoho.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BOOOMNAIJA: 6:28am On Oct 07, 2021
solonnachi:

How so?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 6:53am On Oct 07, 2021
BOOOMNAIJA:

How so?

Maduka has never convinced me since that Sierra Leone game

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CODMOK: 6:53am On Oct 07, 2021
BOOOMNAIJA:

How so?

He came late to camp. Dude must av probably thought he has arrived grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 6:58am On Oct 07, 2021
I cannot wait to watch chidera ejuke. I don’t know why I like this player so much. Also, I expect iheanacho and osimehn to score tomorrow

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CODMOK: 7:03am On Oct 07, 2021
12large1:
I cannot wait to watch chidera ejuke. I don’t know why I like this player so much. Also, I expect iheanacho and osimehn to score tomorrow

It's like he's not going to start sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:17am On Oct 07, 2021
solonnachi:
I thought Uzoho had World cup and Afcon experience,really surprised seeing average Maduka benching him.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:20am On Oct 07, 2021
CODMOK:

He came late to camp. Dude must av probably thought he has arrived grin grin grin
He had a match on Sunday,possibly traveling hitch.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:23am On Oct 07, 2021
AndSunGorilla:

Why una people like to dey add petrol to fire like this!!!!!!!! E don do abeg, if it his mentality why carry it for our head now? All I am saying is one love my Barrister!!!! Hope you are gradually making your way to the SAN!! Jah bless.
Thanks my brother. One love.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Alfryd: 7:26am On Oct 07, 2021
Icon4s:
THE NAIRALAND NIGERIAN FOOTBALL FANS (NNFF) AWARDS, 2021 is here.

These awards that have been designed by us, the football fans here, have been a means of showing appreciations for the contributions of our players, to our national teams.

The last 3 editions have seen us present awards to our different National Team players.
Notably 'The Nigerian Player of the year which have gone to: Ahmed Musa, Idion Ighalo and most recently Victor Osimhen.

News of the awards, have seen it's ways into TV station in Abuja, radio station in Benin and some other online news media. In the First year, Award plaques and letter of appreciation were sent to the NFF secretariat in Abuja, for onward delivery to the Nigerian Player of the year and Super Falcons player of the year, and I received an acknowledgement from the secretariat.

As the year is gradually drawing to a close, it is yet that time again to start planning for the awards.

However, for this year, 2021, I have decided to take a back seat to allow someone else to coordinate the session. We have here seasoned analysts who have what it takes to run the show.

Thank you all for the opportunity to serve and coordinate the past sessions. I would be available for any advice or guidance if or where needed.

Looking forward to another fruitful awards session. smiley

Thank you all.

sir Gm
who will handle it this time
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 7:57am On Oct 07, 2021
Maduka is still going to start cool
12large1:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:01am On Oct 07, 2021
na wa. This thing has spoilt my mind. Why Bissouma? Why?. I taya.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by seankafor(m): 8:05am On Oct 07, 2021
TheGoodJoe:
na wa. This thing has spoilt my mind. Why Bissouma? Why?. I taya.
what about bissoma
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:05am On Oct 07, 2021
seankafor:
what about bissoma

News flying around is that he was arrested early this morning for sexual assault. angry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by seankafor(m): 8:07am On Oct 07, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

News flying around is that he was arrested last night for sexual assault. angry
Those oyibo girls Na leeches..
They re fools

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:21am On Oct 07, 2021
humility33:

You're wasting your time arguing with some one who is talking from a different angle with u some of us here knows ths motivation behind this awoniyi - Oshimen debate

So just leave him, oshimen have caused two penalties for Napoli this season the last one against floretina was from nothing to bring back to the game...... scored 2 goals against one of EPL best goalie and have been a force to fear in one of the most defensive disciplined league in the world. His ball control,dribbling and build up play is rare of a striker

For Awoniyi his excellent positioning, awareness and finishing is awesome and we pray he keep it up

What is the motivation?

In your mind, you agreed with him that Awoniyi is static, slow etc, right?

Well, I know most of you don’t have common sense and lacks the ability to debate hence the cheap blackmail. And I think you are just one of them. I am telling it to your face.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Alfryd: 8:26am On Oct 07, 2021
RHOR MEAN BIZNESS, good move
'It's not professional' - Rohr launches scathing attack on Super Eagles GK Okoye

Nigeria manager Gernot Rohr was highly critical of Maduka Okoye during the pre- match press conference on Wednesday, a day before the Super Eagles face off with Central African Republic in a 2022 World Cup qualifier. Allnigeriasoccer.com suggested yesterday that the Sparta Rotterdam glovesman was at risk of losing his spot in the Super Eagles starting XI due to his late arrival in camp and Rohr has confirmed as much . The Franco-German manager questioned the professionalism of Okoye and his commitment to the national team cause after missing his flight to Lagos. It is reflected in the statistics that the German-born goalie had been one of the untouchable players in the Super Eagles, starting all but one of the last ten games played by the Super Eagles A team, but could find himself on the bench for the first time since November 17, 2019 on Thursday.

Speaking at the briefing monitored by allnigeriasoccer.com , Rohr said : "The late arrival of Maduka, he arrived in the night only. He missed his flight, I am not happy about it, it's not professional. "I am not sure that he will start the game, we have two other goalkeepers. "Everybody believes that it will be an easy victory, it's not an easy match and when players are arriving late like this it is not helping us when we say we have to be serious. "He did one training session this morning in the gym, then he will do another training session this afternoon. "I spoke with him, he knows that it is not good, they were trying to have a good flight for him to come early he missed it. "They have to learn to be really serious when they come to the national team."

Okoye, the youngest of the three goalkeepers named in the 23-man list, made his senior debut for the Super Eagles in an international friendly against Brazil in October 2019. Ifeanyi Emmanuel

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:30am On Oct 07, 2021
Icon4s:
THE NAIRALAND NIGERIAN FOOTBALL FANS (NNFF) AWARDS, 2021 is here.

These awards that have been designed by us, the football fans here, have been a means of showing appreciations for the contributions of our players, to our national teams.

The last 3 editions have seen us present awards to our different National Team players.
Notably 'The Nigerian Player of the year which have gone to: Ahmed Musa, Idion Ighalo and most recently Victor Osimhen.

News of the awards, have seen it's ways into TV station in Abuja, radio station in Benin and some other online news media. In the First year, Award plaques and letter of appreciation were sent to the NFF secretariat in Abuja, for onward delivery to the Nigerian Player of the year and Super Falcons player of the year, and I received an acknowledgement from the secretariat.

As the year is gradually drawing to a close, it is yet that time again to start planning for the awards.

However, for this year, 2021, I have decided to take a back seat to allow someone else to coordinate the session. We have here seasoned analysts who have what it takes to run the show.

Thank you all for the opportunity to serve and coordinate the past sessions. I would be available for any advice or guidance if or where needed.

Looking forward to another fruitful awards session. smiley

Thank you all.

Onuachu or Iheancho should either win it already for me.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:47am On Oct 07, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

News flying around is that he was arrested early this morning for sexual assault. angry

Chai chai chai, God please

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by damagnificentusb(m): 8:51am On Oct 07, 2021
Apart from being the 6th highest rated african player in the game. Wilfred Ndidi is also the highest rated african midfielder on FIFA 22
[img][/img]

damagnificentusb:
Wilfred ndidi is 6th highest rated african on fifa 22. This is a player a "clown" in here claimed azubike and some other crappy players are better than. Football analysing isn't meant for everyone.

[img][/img]

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 8:58am On Oct 07, 2021
forgiveness:

This just proved you don’t know the subject of discussion as regards to Awoniyi.

Just learn how to admit your fault and then say sorry.
grin grin grin grin

Tesiwaju. Let me be facing the front of my back abeg.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by temi1290: 9:03am On Oct 07, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

I watched videos of Benjamin Mendy "sexual assault" and saw two adults having fun,now it's bissouma's turn,nawa

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:37am On Oct 07, 2021
Subzero047:

The only place an Ndidi, Nwakali and Iwobi midfield works is in the head, a half decent midfield dominates them easily especially Nwakali and Iwobi
make dem play together first. You'll understand then.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:38am On Oct 07, 2021
Throwback Thursday Series: Osimhen's First Professional senior Goal.... the Beginning of a walk to Greatness

Cc Elder Uncle Kog45... this is for you (I promised I will make out time and search out that day) and everyone interested. Sometimes we all need a reminder of how far we have come. It gives deeper perspectives both from an analytical and psychological angle.

The story:

It started with the post below.

It was September 22. I was still offline. Been away for days or weeks from NL prior to that day (not a surprise as I usually took time off from NL due to busy engagements in the outside world) but I knew what was going down and I never missed such moments.

Basco reported the news of Osimhen starting vs Waasland Beveren in the Belgian Pro League.

Osimhen was 19 yrs old. It was his going to be his first start for Charleroi and his 3rd game of the League season having played 12mins+ and 28mins+ off the bench in the previous two games of the 2018/2019 league opening weeks.

BascoVanVeli:
Victor Osimhen starts

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 9:39am On Oct 07, 2021
12large1:
Actually the game is for later today not tomorrow
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:41am On Oct 07, 2021
Throwback Thursday Series: Osimhen's First Professional senior Goal.... the Beginning of a walk to Greatness - 2.

Then it was followed by this post from the Legendary Tbaba1234. The Best Semi professional Goalkeeper who never turned up for the Super Eagles. grin

Man abandoned us when we needed him most in times of GK crisis but he was on hand to observe this historic day for a lad who will go on to become Africa's most wanted striker today.

Tbaba quietly predicted and hoped that he would bag a goal.

Time was to vindicate him. wink

tbaba1234:

Great, hopefully he gets a goal.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:43am On Oct 07, 2021
Throwback Thursday Series: Osimhen's First Professional senior Goal.... the Beginning of a walk to Greatness - 3

Then it dropped. Osimhen indeed scored.

A backheel goal. A goal scored without facing the keeper. The game's opener. It turned out to be a vital goal as the game finished 1-1 with Victor 's side finishing with 9 men away from home.
And the goal turned out to be just the jolt he needed to become his reign of terror across Europe as the next big thing.

BascoVanVeli:
Victor Osimhen with the most beautiful goal u will see today.

I call it back heal magic grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 9:47am On Oct 07, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Hmmmmmm

Where have you been bro

I trust you are good
bro I hail oo. I have been on low key watching what's going on here. I like the vawulence grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 9:49am On Oct 07, 2021
forgiveness:

What is the motivation?

In your mind, you agreed with him that Awoniyi is static, slow etc, right?

Well, I know most of you don’t have common sense and lacks the ability to debate hence the cheap blackmail. And I think you are just one of them. I am telling it to your face.

Nit necessary replying u Oga

Just want to be in a good mood today
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:51am On Oct 07, 2021
AIG07:
which club does he play for?

Throwback Thursday Series: Osimhen's First Professional senior Goal.... the Beginning of a walk to Greatness - 4

The quoted post above was asked by one of us then. "Which club does he play for?"

This question alone shows you how much several folks back then didn't know much about Osimhen's club status at the beginning of that 2018/2019 season.

To some, he was already some distant memory. This is partly why that goal was so important. It was a big reminder that Nigeria's Next Great Super Striker was on the Rise.

Some of us are guilty of this today. Some don't even know which club the likes of Samson Tijani or Akinkunmi Amoo play for. How about Ibrahim Sa'id? Are you aware he is in Denmark? What about Olakunle Olusegun? Are you aware he has scored his first goal in Russian tier 2 already?

The Great Talents you see today and hail today and associate with today.... started from one quiet day or night with some not even aware of their existence or club status.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 9:53am On Oct 07, 2021
12large1:

Me too he concedes cheap goals
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:53am On Oct 07, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

The news is that he was arrested at a bar early this morning...nothing about sexual assault there..

(1) (2) (3) ... (11295) (11296) (11297) (11298) (11299) (11300) (11301) ... (16152) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.