Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,720 members, 7,816,964 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11366) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11660605 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11363) (11364) (11365) (11366) (11367) (11368) (11369) ... (16150) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 10:44pm On Oct 11, 2021
Germany has qualified for Qatar 2022

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:10pm On Oct 11, 2021
Joebie:
It's not pessimism. Please tell me one game we have not struggled in since the start of this qualifying series.
Not two, just one that we won CONVINCINGLY. You just want to start another debate grin

Modified
Likewise, from what you and I have seen, there is no African team that should be afraid of us grin

Liberia and CAR games were comfortable victories
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:14pm On Oct 11, 2021
minfelix:
As it stands the top 5 African teams are leading their respective groups
Senegal
Tunisia
Algeria
Morocco
Nigeria

One out of these 5teams will miss out on the WC fiesta, to be upset by any of the following below
CIV/Cameroon
SA/Ghana
Mali/Uganda
Tanzania/Benin
Egypt/Libya
That's my prediction, the draws will give us clear picture on which top 5 team possible be upset cool grin

It's high time FIFA start considering 3more slots to Africa...wetin una feel
from 2026 Africa will have 8 slots

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:35pm On Oct 11, 2021
minfelix:
As it stands the top 5 African teams are leading their respective groups
Senegal
Tunisia
Algeria
Morocco
Nigeria

One out of these 5teams will miss out on the WC fiesta, to be upset by any of the following below
CIV/Cameroon
SA/Ghana
Mali/Uganda
Tanzania/Benin
Egypt/Libya
That's my prediction, the draws will give us clear picture on which top 5 team possible be upset cool grin

It's high time FIFA start considering 3more slots to Africa...wetin una feel

Well we lost to CAR. Who knows the next rankings might drop us out of the top five. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:58pm On Oct 11, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Mourinho is right

European WC qualifiers is too easy

What do you expect when the cucumbers farmers are all over the whole group dashing awof 3 points to all the average and world class European teams

San Marino ,latvia,andorra Luxembourg, the list are endless

They are always spelling San Marino every game. Dem suppose deregister them from football.

Bolivia no remember when last they smell WC, but Argentina, Brazil need no one to tell them to not take such games with child mind.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:59pm On Oct 11, 2021
daveP:

They are always spelling San Marino every game. Dem suppose deregister them from football.

Bolivia no remember when last they smell WC, but Argentina, Brazil need no one to tell them to not take such games with child mind.

To play away match for Bolivia Na war

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:44am On Oct 12, 2021
lol see this Danjuma when dey make mouth. Van Gaal called him up, and he scored from the bench. Just shut up about switching already.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 2:40am On Oct 12, 2021
Joebie:
lol see this Danjuma when dey make mouth. Van Gaal called him up, and he scored from the bench. Just shut up about switching already.
Lol wetin him dey talk?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by samtol4(m): 6:16am On Oct 12, 2021
elyte89:

Our matches so far have not been convincing.
Well said. Our matches are not convincing
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by samtol4(m): 6:17am On Oct 12, 2021
jihday:
Liberia and CAR games were comfortable victories
hahaha against CAR? It was not convincing
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:29am On Oct 12, 2021
Joebie:

Danjuma back in top flight football and back in the Dutch national team ,Wow

I know that Villarreal good form won’t be ignored by the coach

If dude was still at Bournemouth he won’t have been called
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kentebemoney: 7:22am On Oct 12, 2021
samtol4:
hahaha against CAR? It was not convincing
Yes it was
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 7:41am On Oct 12, 2021
kentebemoney:

Yes it was

My bro, many ppl here wanna see 5-0, 6-0 jus like other African powerhouses are doin to minnows, including me.. but what can we say than to appreciate the fact that we hugely dominated both games, jus that scorelines did not reflect d dominance

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:02am On Oct 12, 2021
United to move for ndidi

Will post source later

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by samtol4(m): 8:09am On Oct 12, 2021
chrisooblog:
FIFA ranking. The top teams were put in one pot while the other lower ranked teams in different pots.

Cameroon were in one of the lower pots unfortunately for them and Ivory Coast they both got each as it happens with draws.

It surprised me how one of the teams in group J was seeded, and Burkinafaso and Cameroon were not seeded
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by samtol4(m): 8:10am On Oct 12, 2021
minfelix:

My bro, many ppl here wanna see 5-0, 6-0 jus like other African powerhouses are doin to minnows, including me.. but what can we say than to appreciate the fact that we hugely dominated both games, jus that scorelines did not reflect d dominance
It is not the scoreline per se but patterns of play. Most of goals especially against Cape verde, were gifts

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 8:14am On Oct 12, 2021
Unfortunately, the likes of balogun, Collins, ekong, shehu, are not good enough to take us to the next level. But, the sad part of this ordeal, is that they’re our best available (Club wise) and if our available best is panicking and shaky against a small team like CAR, I don’t know what will happen against Senegal and algeria. Sunday game was the only televised super eagles game that I have missed in a while and I didn’t regret it simply because of lack of interest. I don’t know if it’s lack of balanced team or incompetent coach or an incompetent FA.
Defense = Below average only Zaidu and awaziem has potential to become world class based on performances thus far

Midfield = Imbalanced

Attack = Above average to world class

Coach has to get the right selection, right formation, believe and attitude or else idk
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 8:49am On Oct 12, 2021
MKO Abiola Stadium to be ready by November

Adedeji Adesoji, executive director of Aron Nigeria Limited, contractor handling the Stadium’s renovation, disclosed this during the inspection of the project in Abuja on Monday.

Adesoji said the new scoreboards installed at the stadium are Video Assistant Referee (VAR) compliant, adding that the Platinum TE Paspalum grass was used, the same type FIFA approved for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar

and to think that this pitch renovation cost Dangote 1M dollars, leaves me baffled so why can't our governors do same for our pitches prior hosting the super eagles especially Lagos, Edo and Asaba Stadia it does not really cost much to have a good pitch

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by seankafor(m): 9:26am On Oct 12, 2021
humility33:
MKO Abiola Stadium to be ready by November

Adedeji Adesoji, executive director of Aron Nigeria Limited, contractor handling the Stadium’s renovation, disclosed this during the inspection of the project in Abuja on Monday.

Adesoji said the new scoreboards installed at the stadium are Video Assistant Referee (VAR) compliant, adding that the Platinum TE Paspalum grass was used, the same type FIFA approved for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar

and to think that this pitch renovation cost Dangote 1M dollars, leaves me baffled so why can't our governors do same for our pitches prior hosting the super eagles especially Lagos, Edo and Asaba Stadia it does not really cost much to have a good pitch
obj try for this stadium
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:12am On Oct 12, 2021
12large1:
Unfortunately, the likes of balogun, Collins, ekong, shehu, are not good enough to take us to the next level. But, the sad part of this ordeal, is that they’re our best available (Club wise) and if our available best is panicking and shaky against a small team like CAR, I don’t know what will happen against Senegal and algeria. Sunday game was the only televised super eagles game that I have missed in a while and I didn’t regret it simply because of lack of interest. I don’t know if it’s lack of balanced team or incompetent coach or an incompetent FA.
Defense = Below average only Zaidu and awaziem has potential to become world class based on performances thus far

Midfield = Imbalanced

Attack = Above average to world class

Coach has to get the right selection, right formation, believe and attitude or else idk
Abeg large man comot Zaidu and I pray Awaziem move to a better club so that his talent will not waste.....

Check Fikayo,Tammy,Danjuma moving to another clubs and see the results but our own talented Iheanacho stay put in a average Leicester team always as a sub and feeling comfortable cos Nigeria national team is not that competitive.

The only solution in eagles is DM with arrival of Frank Onyeka and probably our attacks with Osimehn,Taiwo,Onuachu,Moffi....I don't rate Samuel Kalu and Simeon Moses seem going out of it....Ejuke and Chuckwueze cool to me.

Truly said the midfield is the real issue and I don't know how Rohr is going to solve this...not really impressed with Aribo recently in eagles color cos is coming should have been a relief with presence of Iwobi.

Goalkepping we have Uzoho who has WC experience but Rohr said Okoye is better meaning we don't have issue in that area.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 10:18am On Oct 12, 2021
Long long overdue, if dude stays put in City, his career might plummet

andrewbaba44:
United to move for ndidi

Will post source later
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 10:24am On Oct 12, 2021
Kog45:
Abeg large man comot Zaidu and I pray Awaziem move to a better club so that his talent will not waste.....

Check Fikayo,Tammy,Danjuma moving to another clubs and see the results but our own talented Iheanacho stay put in a average Leicester team always as a sub and feeling comfortable cos Nigeria national team is not that competitive.

The only solution in eagles is DM with arrival of Frank Onyeka and probably our attacks with Osimehn,Taiwo,Onuachu,Moffi....I don't rate Samuel Kalu and Simeon Moses seem going out of it....Ejuke and Chuckwueze cool to me.

Truly said the midfield is the real issue and I don't know how Rohr is going to solve this...not really impressed with Aribo recently in eagles color cos is coming should have been a relief with presence of Iwobi.

Goalkepping we have Uzoho who has WC experience but Rohr said Okoye is better meaning we don't have issue in that area.

How can you remove Zaidu when he had such a great season last year at porto and just because he is presently lacking confidence and out of form doesn’t negate his potential. Even his last game for SE vs benin (he was impressive) as for Collins, balogun and ekong if you are shaky against CAR…..

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 10:29am On Oct 12, 2021
Next game Zaidu, iwobi, Ndidi has to play and that imbalanced 424 formation has to stop
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:53am On Oct 12, 2021
12large1:
Next game Zaidu, iwobi, Ndidi has to play and that imbalanced 424 formation has to stop

They should be fit should be your prayer

Ndidi might not play the next game
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:02am On Oct 12, 2021
12large1:

How can you remove Zaidu when he had such a great season last year at porto and just because he is presently lacking confidence and out of form doesn’t negate his potential. Even his last game for SE vs benin (he was impressive) as for Collins, balogun and ekong if you are shaky against CAR…..
Large I don't rate him o forget Porto.my opinion.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 11:09am On Oct 12, 2021
Egbon just can't put a finger why Simon has been so average lately. I can understand his presence in the lineup provides balance especially when you have more flair wingers like Ejuke and Chukwueze but his usefulness in attack especially in games this year has been non existent. At Nantes he's the king of assists in SE he behaves like a vampire. Onyekuru despite his club struggles still looks like another option we should give a run in the team.

Awaziem looks and plays like a future leader looks like someone who can replace one of the oyinbo wall at the AFCON.

I won't completely dismiss Zaidu yet. Under the right tactical formation he's an asset in attack. Remember his assist for Osimhen's goal against Sierra Leone?

I still think Rohr is missing something with the way he deploys Aribo. Ndidi, Iwobi and Joe all featured against Ukraine and Brazil and we saw how devastating our attack could be with the right midfield set up. No doubt the SE midfield is still begging for someone that will bring control in the middle of the park.

Kog45:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 11:12am On Oct 12, 2021
Ndidi's availability for the next game is touch and go. Brendan said he will be out for maybe 6 weeks unless he recovers miraculously fast.

12large1:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 11:15am On Oct 12, 2021
Kog45:
Large I don't rate him o forget Porto.my opinion.

He is 100% better than Collins who wasn’t impressive against CAR. I will rather Aina at LB and awaziem at RB if Zaidu isn’t recalled

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:23am On Oct 12, 2021
12large1:

He is 100% better than Collins who wasn’t impressive against CAR. I will rather Aina at LB and awaziem at RB if Zaidu isn’t recalled
I don't rate the duo cos they are not better or even a march to what I have watched in eagles...Owolabi,Iroha,Babayaro,Taiwo,Echiejele.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:27am On Oct 12, 2021
seankafor:
obj try for this stadium
Akpabio try for Uyo stadium
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kentebemoney: 11:30am On Oct 12, 2021
samtol4:
It is not the scoreline per se but patterns of play. Most of goals especially against Cape verde, were gifts
Watch the highlights again, No they were not "Gifts".
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:18pm On Oct 12, 2021
chrisooblog:
Egbon just can't put a finger why Simon has been so average lately. I can understand his presence in the lineup provides balance especially when you have more flair wingers like Ejuke and Chukwueze but his usefulness in attack especially in games this year has been non existent. At Nantes he's the king of assists in SE he behaves like a vampire. Onyekuru despite his club struggles still looks like another option we should give a run in the team.

Awaziem looks and plays like a future leader looks like someone who can replace one of the oyinbo wall at the AFCON.

I won't completely dismiss Zaidu yet. Under the right tactical formation he's an asset in attack. Remember his assist for Osimhen's goal against Sierra Leone?

I still think Rohr is missing something with the way he deploys Aribo. Ndidi, Iwobi and Joe all featured against Ukraine and Brazil and we saw how devastating our attack could be with the right midfield set up. No doubt the SE midfield is still begging for someone that will bring control in the middle of the park.

I am really impressed by awaziem and I want to see him play more

Moses Simon who is one of my fav have been annoying me lately and I hope he will be dropped to the bench

(1) (2) (3) ... (11363) (11364) (11365) (11366) (11367) (11368) (11369) ... (16150) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: shawwal1(m), Marjoribanks, isan(m), CaptainStephen(m), Joebie, komekn(m), Sainty92, dkay51(m), jieta, joxxy01(m), comodo, oloriooko(m), jihday(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.