Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,405 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11365) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11682023 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11362) (11363) (11364) (11365) (11366) (11367) (11368) ... (16154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 8:36pm On Oct 11, 2021
forgiveness:

From tier 3 to Laliga
And in La Liga he could not manage up to 7 goals a season

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 8:38pm On Oct 11, 2021
andrewbaba44:

You don’t rate Nwakaeme right ?

Well if you don’t rate him enjoy Moses Simon lovely football

I rate him but not fused over his snub
And I dont rate moses either.... i know once Chuks returns he may start ahead of him same with Kalu once he returns to full fitness

Then we have Ejuke and for those Ademola and co na them sabi

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:39pm On Oct 11, 2021
humility33:

I rate him but not fused over his snub
And I dont rate moses either.... i know once Chuks returns he may start ahead of him same with Kalu once he returns to full fitness

Then we have Ejuke and for those Ademola and co na them sabi

Lol

No wahala

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 8:39pm On Oct 11, 2021
Danielnino00:

He has a strong point... Gervinho and Nwaekeme case aren't the same... I've told you the same thing before when u mentioned Brazil going to the world cup with players from China...

Some players have been long time members of their national team and they perform there such that it doesn't matter which league they move to later..they will still get called up to the national team, as long as they are performing there...
Nwaekeme undoubtedly deserves another look in with the team though, but I won't bother much about it.. he isn't a priority...our main priority now is getting creative midfielders....

Exactly bro
Your last sentence summed it up

I just pray we get one prior AFCON
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 8:55pm On Oct 11, 2021
chrisooblog:
I have watched Osimhen carefully over the past months and I think personally he's not too far off from becoming an elite striker. Why do I say that? His positioning has gotten better. I prefer a forward who is always in the right place to get a shot at goal even if he misses than a John Cena type who often needs the perfect pass to dispatch.

Victor's major issues now are his wayward shots and a bit of lack of calmness. Most of the chances he has missed so far in these qualifiers is because he doesn't realize that he has more time on the ball than he actually thinks. This is where Iheanacho excels.

He works so hard for the team but he has to stop this habit of missing Sitters because at the highest level, it could be the difference from winning and ANC or qualifying for World Cup quarter final.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by caprikon: 8:57pm On Oct 11, 2021
minfelix:
As it stands the top 5 African teams are leading their respective groups
Senegal
Tunisia
Algeria
Morocco
Nigeria

One out of these 5teams will miss out on the WC fiesta, to be upset by any of the following below
CIV/Cameroon
SA/Ghana
Mali/Uganda
Tanzania/Benin
Egypt/Libya
That's my prediction, the draws will give us clear picture on which top 5 team possible be upset cool grin

It's high time FIFA start considering 3more slots to Africa...wetin una feel

Africa presently with 5 slots hasn't produced a semi finalist since Egypt made a debut in 1934.

Only in 2014 did two African sides go past the first round.

In comparison, virtually all the south American teams and 70% of the Asian teams advance past the group phase with 5 and 3 representatives respectively.

The debate has been there, ..but going by the performance of African teams, there should actually be a reduction in the number of slots for the continent...the more reason why the big teams (CIV,NGA,SEN,ALG,CAM,MOR etc) need to up their game at the world stage.

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:03pm On Oct 11, 2021
minfelix:

Meehn thanks for this, so This was how Ejuke "Messi-ed" CAR...he is really a chance creator..if he had released some of those passes to a free osimhen, we would have rained goals on those guys o.... whenever he is on the ball he attracts Almost the whole opposition DM/CB to himself giving room for an osimhen to a goal keeper face-off
He is a very very very big asset to d team, if he can release passes after taking out 2-3-4 opposition...make them sound am to his ears oo
the guy is very good but needs to work on his decision making and final balls which I believe with time that will be polished in his game
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Klammer01(m): 9:08pm On Oct 11, 2021
caprikon:

Africa presently with 5 slots hasn't produced a semi finalist since Egypt made a debut in 1934.

In comparison, virtually all the south American teams and 70% of the Asian teams advance past the group phase with 5 and 3 representatives respectively.

The debate has been there, ..but going by the performance of African teams, there should actually be a reduction in the number of slots for the continent...the more reason why the big teams (CIV,NGA,SEN,ALG,CAM,MOR etc) need to up their game at the world stage.

Supported

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 9:11pm On Oct 11, 2021
caprikon:

You're right
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 9:16pm On Oct 11, 2021
Hiring a new coach has quickly paid off for Egypt

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:27pm On Oct 11, 2021
minfelix:

Meehn thanks for this, so This was how Ejuke "Messi-ed" CAR...he is really a chance creator..if he had released some of those passes to a free osimhen, we would have rained goals on those guys o.... whenever he is on the ball he attracts Almost the whole opposition DM/CB to himself giving room for an osimhen to a goal keeper face-off
He is a very very very big asset to d team, if he can release passes after taking out 2-3-4 opposition...make them sound am to his ears oo

I won't lie the lad had me excited every time he touched the ball. I think he has improved in his releasing of the ball even though it can be better but for this match osimhen stopped and just watched him a couple times grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 9:27pm On Oct 11, 2021
minfelix:
As it stands the top 5 African teams are leading their respective groups
Senegal
Tunisia
Algeria
Morocco
Nigeria

One out of these 5teams will miss out on the WC fiesta, to be upset by any of the following below
CIV/Cameroon
SA/Ghana
Mali/Uganda
Tanzania/Benin
Egypt/Libya
That's my prediction, the draws will give us clear picture on which top 5 team possible be upset cool grin

It's high time FIFA start considering 3more slots to Africa...wetin una feel

I wish too. But the way some teams that are africanly fearful do poorly at the WC isn't gonna make that change anytime soon. I do hope at least 2more slots, but its not truly going to make things better until they all upgrade being more clinical upfront and fully aware in the last 15mins of every game.

Setpieces have been a really big deal for African teams repping. They conceed setpieces that lead to goals,and at the same time, waste the ones they get against other opponents. Most times,this is where they win African teams anyway.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tessyy1701: 9:32pm On Oct 11, 2021
Victor Osimhen

��22 years old
⚽️63 Career goals
�Napoli
��Nigerian International
�U-17 WC
�U-17 WC Golden Boot
�U-17 WC Silver Ball
�CAF YPOTY
�Lille’s POTY 2020
�€70M record signing for Napoli
�Most expensive African player

MCM

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 9:32pm On Oct 11, 2021
I just watched Croatia vs Nigeria again @ last WC. Perisic was really a thorn in the flesh. Our Midfielders couldn't even stop his tricks. We need to step up in that regard,while still stepping up in this setpiece excellence if we get to Qatar. For now, na uncordinated setpieces we dey do.

Senegal were very lucky. Lack of concentration mess them up at the back. Their GK no deserve such Defenders.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 9:49pm On Oct 11, 2021
minfelix:

Bros the format will be arranged in a way that the top 5 teqms will be placed in pot 1 while the bottom 5teams in pot2...they will be drawn to face each other, not in that sequential arrangements u made
This is play off,
I don't have power for this.
is not too far from now,
Lets wait.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 9:50pm On Oct 11, 2021
daveP:
I just watched Croatia vs Nigeria again @ last WC. Perisic was really a thorn in the flesh. Our Midfielders couldn't even stop his tricks. We need to step up in that regard,while still stepping up in this setpiece excellence if we get to Qatar. For now, na uncordinated setpieces we dey do.

Senegal were very lucky. Lack of concentration mess them up at the back. Their GK no deserve such Defenders.
Let's qualify first, that would determine if we'd be in Qatar

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 9:55pm On Oct 11, 2021
nelszx:

Let's qualify first, that would determine if we'd be in Qatar

Sure. We just sha need improve.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 9:57pm On Oct 11, 2021
daveP:

I wish too. But the way some teams that are africanly fearful do poorly at the WC isn't gonna make that change anytime soon. I do hope at least 2more slots, but its not truly going to make things better until they all upgrade being more clinical upfront and fully aware in the last 15mins of every game.

Setpieces have been a really big deal for African teams repping. They conceed setpieces that lead to goals,and at the same time, waste the ones they get against other opponents. Most times,this is where they win African teams anyway.

Haaaa Argentina die mins goal still fresh

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 9:58pm On Oct 11, 2021
Ppogbae:
Hiring a new coach has quickly paid off for Egypt
Almost every new coach always perform in d first few games ,

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 9:59pm On Oct 11, 2021
Napoleon55:
This is play off,
I don't have power for this.
is not too far from now,
Lets wait.
Yeah it's a 2legged play off na..who dey argue am na
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by samtol4(m): 10:00pm On Oct 11, 2021
fabyom:
How will Liberia away be a struggle with the compliment of all our players? Your pessimism these days is worrying! The CAR defeat does happen even to the best teams in the world!
Note:
From what I have seen over this weekend, I don't think there is an African team the Super Eagles should be afraid of.
It is not about the defeat by CAR but our patterns of play is not convincing. The super eagles are not super anymore. We struggle to create passes and build up the attack. We always balloon the balls. The current team with so many talented players but not performing because the coach is not tactically sound.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by samtol4(m): 10:01pm On Oct 11, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
We haven't struggled against any team since this qualifiers started baba. We have just been too wasteful.
We are struggling. How did we score against Cape verde?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:05pm On Oct 11, 2021
samtol4:
We are struggling. How did we score against Cape verde?

Our matches so far have not been convincing.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:06pm On Oct 11, 2021
elyte89:

I don't knw y ppu would av to lie just to make deir point. grin

That Johnbull is high on some very strong Rohr potion... E go hard to convert that guy... grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 10:07pm On Oct 11, 2021
Germany first European team to qualify for the 2022 WC

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 10:14pm On Oct 11, 2021
minfelix:

Haaaa Argentina die mins goal still fresh

A draw was all we needed. Then fiam, Rojo!!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 10:18pm On Oct 11, 2021
minfelix:
Germany first European team to qualify for the 2022 WC

Mourinho don talk about this European WC qualifiers before and i agree with him. Too easy for them, especially with the quality of their opponents that never ever upgarde ever WC qualifier. WC qualifiers are seen in South America and Africa, Even if na Team F, those countries can't even stage an upset, talkless of scoring a goal to breach. More like simple marking of attendance for the regulars, especially that group thing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Chidonsky: 10:19pm On Oct 11, 2021
Our current super eagles deployed football tactics by Rhor is called "our boys can do it" So this the reason why we only play to individual brilliance without coordination. The second tactics is called "Defend and balloo attack" This more reason Simon Moses will always been in the match setup. Rohr Nigeria football federation contract is called "I love Nigeria football contract" this entails he stay put despite all manners of ill treatment and couple of the abundance of talent at his disposal. Then his tactical excuse is "Nigeria is a young team" after almos five years, please someone should call me the ambulance, super eagles need to go to emergency ward.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:27pm On Oct 11, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Stop being emotional

There is no shortcut to the World Cup

Super eagles will be facing a big team ,even if we don’t face a big team you think mali Ghana and co will be easy to beat ?

You are already scared ,be ready as it’s part of the game
on the contrary my brother..the big teams are easy to beat. They won't sit back..they will come out and play. Never underestimate the resilience of our team. Dem go beat the so called big team like small pickin.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:27pm On Oct 11, 2021
humility33:

And in La Liga he could not manage up to 7 goals a season

Yeah
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:30pm On Oct 11, 2021
Truidstar:
on the contrary my brother..the big teams are easy to beat. They won't sit back..they will come out and play. Never underestimate the resilience of our team. Dem go beat the so called big team like small pickin.

Hmmmm

I pray so bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:33pm On Oct 11, 2021
daveP:

Mourinho don talk about this European WC qualifiers before and i agree with him. Too easy for them, especially with the quality of their opponents that never ever upgarde ever WC qualifier. WC qualifiers are seen in South America and Africa, Even if na Team F, those countries can't even stage an upset, talkless of scoring a goal to breach. More like simple marking of attendance for the regulars, especially that group thing.

Mourinho is right

European WC qualifiers is too easy

What do you expect when the cucumbers farmers are all over the whole group dashing awof 3 points to all the average and world class European teams

San Marino ,latvia,andorra Luxembourg, the list are endless

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11362) (11363) (11364) (11365) (11366) (11367) (11368) ... (16154) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Napoleon55(m), mostob(m), Subzerooo and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.