Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,219 members, 7,836,063 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11368) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11783766 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11365) (11366) (11367) (11368) (11369) (11370) (11371) ... (16195) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by caprikon: 8:11pm On Oct 12, 2021
minfelix:

I swear bro, minnows scatter like shit for Africa
Djibouti
Eswatini
Eritrea
Somalia
Gambia
Sao Tome
South sudan etc
The ones Rohr and super eagles made look like African powerhouses are
CAR
S/Leone
Liberia
Madagascar
Burundi

A good team should be greater than the sum of it's parts.

Rohr's team at present isn't functioning properly..you do not need world class players in every department to be a decent side...proper coaching and team synergy can always make a team perform at a way higher level than the talents of it's individual team members.....the Senegal side of 2002 and Ghana side of 2010 are recent African examples of such.

If Rohr was coaching his native Germany..you can almost bet that he will make San Marino look special.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:28pm On Oct 12, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Zaidu is not anywhere 50 percent better than Collins let alone 100 percent ,Na small thing zaidu take pass Collins ,make we no let Porto deceive us grin
Wa gbayi Andrew.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 8:34pm On Oct 12, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Zaidu is not anywhere 50 percent better than Collins let alone 100 percent ,Na small thing zaidu take pass Collins ,make we no let Porto deceive us grin

Zaidu= Collins= idowu

Not much difference

Still waiting for dt rangers guy b4 I judge
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 8:35pm On Oct 12, 2021
elyte89:

Zaidu= Collins= idowu

Not much difference

People forget that Zaidu is our only defender playing in champions league and he actually had a promising season last year. He is out of form at club now, but he is still better than Collins and playing at a higher level than both.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:36pm On Oct 12, 2021
elyte89:

Zaidu= Collins= idowu

Not much difference

Walai ,no much difference
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 8:39pm On Oct 12, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Walai ,no much difference
very big difference
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:39pm On Oct 12, 2021
12large1:

People forget that Zaidu is our only defender playing in champions league and he actually had a promising season last year. He is out of form at club now, but he is still better than Collins and playing at a higher level than both.

Zaidu is not a bad player but not far better than Collins ,it’s not by playing in the champions league

Innocent bonke is our only midfielder playing in the champions league and he is not better than onyeka or ndidi

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 8:51pm On Oct 12, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Zaidu is not a bad player but not far better than Collins ,it’s not by playing in the champions league

Innocent bonke is our only midfielder playing in the champions league and he is not better than onyeka or ndidi

You forget so soon. Last season, Zaidu was very impressive at FC Porto and considering that he walked into their first 11 immediately from a backwater team speaks volume. This year, zaidu had a few average performances and he was used as a scapegoat. But, his level is still higher and he is still a better player than Collins. It is high time that we dismiss certain players from the team because if you cannot make any decent attacking contributions against CAR, idk for you

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:01pm On Oct 12, 2021
12large1:

You forget so soon. Last season, Zaidu was very impressive at FC Porto and considering that he walked into their first 11 immediately from a backwater team speaks volume. This year, zaidu had a few average performances and he was used as a scapegoat. But, his level is still higher and he is still a better player than Collins. It is high time that we dismiss certain players from the team because if you cannot make any decent attacking contributions against CAR, idk for you

Like a said he is not a bad player

I rate him more than Collins ,but far better than Collins ? Hell no

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:07pm On Oct 12, 2021
caprikon:

A good team should be greater than the sum of it's parts.

Rohr's team at present isn't functioning properly..you do not need world class players in every department to be a decent side...proper coaching and team synergy can always make a team perform at a way higher level than the talents of it's individual team members.....the Senegal side of 2002 and Ghana side of 2010 are recent African examples of such.

If Rohr was coaching his native Germany..you can almost bet that he will make San Marino look special.

How many days do they get to train together?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by caprikon: 9:58pm On Oct 12, 2021
Truidstar:
How many days do they get to train together?

I know International footie is different from club football...but Rohr has been here since 2016...this team can be a lot better

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:01pm On Oct 12, 2021
Ejuke is Cska Moscow player of the month

Impressive

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 10:07pm On Oct 12, 2021
Ejuke, Cska player of the month

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 10:13pm On Oct 12, 2021
Senegal are a very frightening prospect. The road to Qatar will end for anyone who draws them. We better not drop out of the top 5.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 11:07pm On Oct 12, 2021
wayodude:
Senegal are a very frightening prospect. The road to Qatar will end for anyone who draws them. We better not drop out of the top 5.

Senegal,Morocco.. Now thru smiley
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:15pm On Oct 12, 2021
wayodude:

Have you seen Morocco my broda ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 11:32pm On Oct 12, 2021
Egypt is currently the 6th ranked nation in CAF and they are at 48 globally. Even if we drop in ranking, it would be mathematically impossible to drop 14 spots and have Egypt supplant us in the rankings. All things considered, we can still drop a few spots, remain 5th in Africa and still be placed into pot 1 if we move onto the next round.

In other words, Pot 1 is pretty much secured. We just need to qualify from this round.

13 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 11:35pm On Oct 12, 2021

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 11:37pm On Oct 12, 2021
wayodude:

Abegi you guys said worse in 2018 prior to our game vs Algeria and cameroun or in 2013 vs Ivory Coast. My friend, Football no be mathematics and one should always aspire and believe that they’re capable of defeating anyone

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:11am On Oct 13, 2021
caprikon:

I know International footie is different from club football...but Rohr has been here since 2016...this team can be a lot better
Qualifiers...the main aim is 3 points. At the competition proper the team has 10 or more days to blend and work on tactics. You can pass judgment then not during the qualifiers.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Grozny: 3:20am On Oct 13, 2021
I just finished watching the highlights from our qualifiers thus far. The way we struggle to score against these these teams is very alarming. When comparing to the likes of Morroco, Algeria and Senegal, we are far behind in terms of offensive cohesion and output. I am not even sure if we'll qualify and how we'll do at AFCON.

Morocco, Algeria and Egypt all dumped their managers when performance targets weren't being met. When will the NFF do the same before its too late?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 4:51am On Oct 13, 2021
Grozny:
I just finished watching the highlights from our qualifiers thus far. The way we struggle to score against these these teams is very alarming. When comparing to the likes of Morroco, Algeria and Senegal, we are far behind in terms of offensive cohesion and output. I am not even sure if we'll qualify and how we'll do at AFCON.

Morocco, Algeria and Egypt all dumped their managers when performance targets weren't being met. When will the NFF do the same before its too late?
I ain't a fan of Rohr but if he's sacked, what's the guarantee that we'll get a better coach? With the way things are going in NFF. People are being owed salaries everywhere.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 6:42am On Oct 13, 2021
I used to think NBBF was way better than NFF. Yet I just heard now that D'tigress have gone on strike because they have not been paid for a long time and have not trained in Nigeria since 2019. They got balls sha. Not the Super Falcons that abandoned their captain on the battle. Nigeria is so freaking mismanaged.

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:08am On Oct 13, 2021
12large1:

Abegi you guys said worse in 2018 prior to our game vs Algeria and cameroun or in 2013 vs Ivory Coast. My friend, Football no be mathematics and one should always aspire and believe that they’re capable of defeating anyone
The most beautiful thing i have seen you write.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Klammer01(m): 7:21am On Oct 13, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
I used to think NBBF was way better than NFF. Yet I just heard now that D'tigress have gone on strike because they have not been paid for a long time and have not trained in Nigeria since 2019. They got balls sha. Not the Super Falcons that abandoned their captain on the battle. Nigeria is so freaking mismanaged.
Update:
NBBF actually called D'tigeres sponsored thugs
I am very sure that the money donated to dtigers have been embezzled sad embarassed

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 7:32am On Oct 13, 2021
Klammer01:

Update:
I am very sure that the money donated to dtigers have been embezzled sad embarassed
If there's one thing I know about the American people, it is the strength they have to carry out activism and voice their beliefs and concerns. See the way they coordinated their protest, with everyone involved. If NBBF is not careful with how they handle this, the guys might join in solidarity. If they like they should be stubborn and invite other players, no one cares. As long as they cannot deny what the girls said, they are at fault, whatever they are saying.

Many guys in NBBF and NFF are clueless, seriously. They came in there because of connections or bribery. Imagine Pinnick telling players that they don't need a coach, that they have slept in a 5 star hotel and eaten a five star meal, so NFF has tried for them, as if he's talking to villagers. That guy is so dumb.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Klammer01(m): 7:37am On Oct 13, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
If there's one thing I know about the American people, it is the strength they have to carry out activism and voice their beliefs and concerns. See the way they coordinated their protest, with everyone involved. If NBBF is not careful with how they handle this, the guys might join in solidarity. If they like they should be stubborn and invite other players, no one cares. As long as they cannot deny what the girls said, they are at fault, whatever they are saying.

Many guys in NBBF and NFF are clueless, seriously. They came in there because of connections or bribery. Imagine Pinnick telling players that they don't need a coach, that they have slept in a 5 star hotel and eaten a five star meal, so NFF has tried for them, as if he's talking to villagers. That guy is so dumb.
I swear I don't know who appointed those hoodlums as our sports administrators. I even thought NBBF is better than NFF they are all the same
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 7:50am On Oct 13, 2021
5 Remarkable Records That Nigeria Holds In FIFA World Cup History.
CalistoSports
The Super Eagles of Nigeria are undoubtedly one of the best national teams on the African continent. Whether it is in the African Cup of Nations or the FIFA World Cup, Nigeria has made a name for herself. This is not hard to know as Nigeria currently has 5 remarkable records she holds in FIFA World Cup history.

As the qualifiers for the 2022 FIFA World Cup continues, the aim of making it to another World Cup is very high. Although, things seemed a bit complicated after the Super Eagles 1 – 0 loss to the Central African Republic.

After their 0 – 2 defeat of the Central African Republic, Nigeria now retains the top spot in their World Cup qualifying group with 9 points so far. After their shocking 1 – 0 loss to the same team a few days back, responding in such a fashion was the best.

Heading into the later stages of the competition, Nigeria will be buoyed by the fact that the country has been there for the second-highest times by an African country. If they make it to Qatar 2022 World Cup, they will be looking to improve on these records.

Here are the 5 records held by Nigeria in FIFA World Cup history.

5. Joint most goals in one tournament.

Although this is a joint record with Senegal, Nigeria has the joint highest goal-scoring record by an African team in a single World Cup. In the 1994 World Cup, Nigeria set this record by scoring 7 goals in tournament.

Senegal matched the Super Eagles in the 2002 World Cup. In that tournament, they scored 7 goals on their way to the quarter-finals of the competition.

4. African team with most qualifications from the group stages.

As of this day, Nigeria holds the record for the most times an African team qualified from their World Cup group. In the group stage of various World Cup tournaments, Nigeria has made it out of their group a record 3 times. Sadly, they were eliminated at the round of 16 on each of those three occasions.

3. Most goals scored.

Another record held in the world cup is the highest number of goals scored by an African team in World Cup history. In the history of the World Cup, Nigeria have scored a total of 23 goals.

2. Most matches won.

Nigeria also holds the record for the highest number of matches won by an African team in World Cup history. Nigeria has won a total of 6 matches so far. While this is not so encouraging even for the Super Eagles, it is the highest by any from the African continent.

1. Most rounds of 16 matches played.

The last record in this article is the number of rounds of 16 matches played by an African team in the World Cup. So far, Nigeria has played in 3, which is a record by any African country.

If the performances of the Super Eagles in World Cup history is compared to other African countries in a tabular form like in league games, Nigeria will top the table. As such, we could say that Nigeria is perhaps the best African country in World Cup history.

With Nigeria on course to get to the next round of the CAF World Cup qualifiers, the Super Eagles will be looking to secure a ticket to Qatar. If they do, they can bank on these records to do better. Can they? We will have to wait till they have the chance to do so.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 7:51am On Oct 13, 2021
Klammer01:

Update:

This current government have set a dangerous precedents with the manner they respond to protests
Remember during end sars how they sponsored a rival protest that even became more violent to confront the endsars protesters

Whenever there is protest the government will sponsor rival protests to counter the main protest even the last one in New York where the shameless government bribed some americans for a counter protest

It is so bad that every other crooked agency will copy and do likewise....

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 7:53am On Oct 13, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
Corruption in this country is growing to a high level every day and if care is not taken the country may collapse soon

The money that is been looted on daily basis is alarming

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:22am On Oct 13, 2021
JohnBullMySon:

I used to think the NBBF was better too... but it became clear that they were capitalising on the many basketball talent we have in the US to make a name for themselves..

Our basketball league has been off for like 3 years now due to fighting between the federation... They organised a one week league just to produce a representative for the BAL..
Money from Kwese and DStv sponsorship of the league remains unaccounted for..
I totally support whatever action the ladies wish to take against the NBBF...the nonsense has been on for too long...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:28am On Oct 13, 2021
humility33:

Corruption in this country is growing to a high level every day and if care is not taken the country may collapse soon

The money that is been looted on daily basis is alarming

Corruption has been too normalised in Nigeria ..

(1) (2) (3) ... (11365) (11366) (11367) (11368) (11369) (11370) (11371) ... (16195) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: chuks404, damagnificentusb(m), Famocious(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.