Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,506 members, 7,826,909 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11367) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11737677 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11364) (11365) (11366) (11367) (11368) (11369) (11370) ... (16175) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 2:18pm On Oct 12, 2021
samtol4:
hahaha against CAR? It was not convincing
it was, our keeper was on holiday throughout, they barely entered our box, games don’t get more comfortable than that

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:23pm On Oct 12, 2021
12large1:

He is 100% better than Collins who wasn’t impressive against CAR. I will rather Aina at LB and awaziem at RB if Zaidu isn’t recalled

Zaidu is not anywhere 50 percent better than Collins let alone 100 percent ,Na small thing zaidu take pass Collins ,make we no let Porto deceive us grin

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 2:32pm On Oct 12, 2021
andrewbaba44:

I am really impressed by awaziem and I want to see him play more

Moses Simon who is one of my fav have been annoying me lately and I hope he will be dropped to the bench
Moses Simon shouldn't be relegated to the bench alone but out of the team. Man doesn't know how to play football anylonger.
He can't connect passes well, his crossings doesnt pass the knees of players let alone their heads, pull out zero, dribbling and cutting to his left always, very predictable. It just saddens me how he keeps getting into the starting XI from playing rubbish.
He has played and started in all 4 games without anything to show for it.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:45pm On Oct 12, 2021
nelszx:

Moses Simon shouldn't be relegated to the bench alone but out of the team. Man doesn't know how to play football anylonger.
He can't connect passes well, his crossings doesnt pass the knees of players let alone their heads, pull out zero, dribbling and cutting to his left always, very predictable. It just saddens me how he keeps getting into the starting XI from playing rubbish.
He has played and started in all 4 games without anything to show for it.

That guy self ,I wonder how he do get those assists for Nantes
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 2:58pm On Oct 12, 2021
andrewbaba44:

That guy self ,I wonder how he do get those assists for Nantes

My chief I was asking myself these same question. How can you play badly (obvious) and you're assisting in goals.......No be juju be that

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by samtol4(m): 5:09pm On Oct 12, 2021
Watching Burkina Faso, Egypt, and Algeria scoring goals against opponents. Can't the super eagles score more than 2goals in a match?

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 5:12pm On Oct 12, 2021
samtol4:
It is not the scoreline per se but patterns of play. Most of goals especially against Cape verde, were gifts
Most? Gifts? grin This thread en
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 5:14pm On Oct 12, 2021
humility33:
MKO Abiola Stadium to be ready by November

Adedeji Adesoji, executive director of Aron Nigeria Limited, contractor handling the Stadium’s renovation, disclosed this during the inspection of the project in Abuja on Monday.

Adesoji said the new scoreboards installed at the stadium are Video Assistant Referee (VAR) compliant, adding that the Platinum TE Paspalum grass was used, the same type FIFA approved for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar

and to think that this pitch renovation cost Dangote 1M dollars, leaves me baffled so why can't our governors do same for our pitches prior hosting the super eagles especially Lagos, Edo and Asaba Stadia it does not really cost much to have a good pitch
How much is $1m in naira? Then imagine the headlines of newspaper about "grass"

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 5:18pm On Oct 12, 2021
Odunayaw:

How much was used for the Oyo stadium recently? It is in billions of naira
How much was used for the Teslim stadia ? Billions of naira

The last time i checked 1M dollars is not more than 600M naira

We hear the MKo stadia in abuja cost 1M dollars for grassing because it was handled and financed by a private company i assure u if it was the government....it would have been said to cost 5M dollars or more

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 5:28pm On Oct 12, 2021
humility33:

How much was used for the Oyo stadium recently? It is in billions of naira
How much was used for the Teslim stadia ? Billions of naira

The last time i checked 1M dollars is not more than 600M naira

We hear the MKo stadia in abuja cost 1M dollars for grassing because it was handled and financed by a private company i assure u if it was the government....it would have been said to cost 5M dollars or more
The Lekan Salami stadium is not only for the grassing/pitch. It was a facelift for the whole stadium/complex. I worked with a firm for 3 months on the Squash Court and Admin buildings there. The pitch is just part of the bigger project.

I don't know about others tho. Best bet is that the FG/NFF adopts a home or two for the football teams both male and female. Complete complex.
I don't see any governor spending 600m for just grass. The economic returns will be too low to be commendable

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 5:35pm On Oct 12, 2021
Odunayaw:
The Lekan Salami stadium is not only for the grassing/pitch. It was a facelift for the whole stadium/complex. I worked with a firm for 3 months on the Squash Court and Admin buildings there. The pitch is just part of the bigger project.

I don't know about others tho. Best bet is that the FG/NFF adopts a home or two for the football teams both male and female. Complete complex.
don't see any governor spending 600m for just grass. The economic returns will be too low to be commendable
Good to know u worked some parts of the job of building the stadia

For the bolded it seems u dont really know how well contracts are inflated in Nigeria will advise u take a look at the recent defended 2022 budget by the presidency especially the alloted amount for fuel,vehicle, drinks and other personal maintenance

Nigeria Politicians are wasteful compare
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 5:40pm On Oct 12, 2021
samtol4:
Watching Burkina Faso, Egypt, and Algeria scoring goals against opponents. Can't the super eagles score more than 2goals in a match?

Many people on this thread are deluded. If things continue as they are, something big is gonna happen soon. It will break Nairaland servers.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 5:44pm On Oct 12, 2021
Ppogbae:

Many people on this thread are deluded. If things continue as they are, something big is gonna happen soon. It will break Nairaland servers.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 6:09pm On Oct 12, 2021
humility33:

Good to know u worked some parts of the job of building the stadia

For the bolded it seems u dont really know how well contracts are inflated in Nigeria will advise u take a look at the recent defended 2022 budget by the presidency especially the alloted amount for fuel,vehicle, drinks and other personal maintenance

Nigeria Politicians are wasteful compare
Agreed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by samtol4(m): 6:12pm On Oct 12, 2021
Ppogbae:

Dont say many peoples are deluded. Just say " you are deluded " Be bold to make your point. When I make my points I don't invite you to believe or agree with what I wrote.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by owbabs: 6:15pm On Oct 12, 2021
samtol4:

So when Nigeria plays these countries it's a different dynamics, but we will be hurt because if we concede (we leak in at least a goal every game) it will be tough to salvage the game based on us not scoring enough goals. We needed a goal against CAR and couldn't get it. We huffed and puffed against Cameroon in 2 friendlies.
On current form, I see Nigeria losing 0-1 to Egypt and Algeria and a 1-1 with Burkina Faso if we meet in a tournament like AFCON.
We are ordinarily better than Burkina Faso and Egypt but very inefficient.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by samtol4(m): 6:20pm On Oct 12, 2021
Senegal qualified for next round .

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by samtol4(m): 6:21pm On Oct 12, 2021
owbabs:

So when Nigeria plays these countries it's a different dynamics, but we will be hurt because if we concede (we leak in at least a goal every game) it will be tough to salvage the game based on us not scoring enough goals. We needed a goal against CAR and couldn't get it. We huffed and puffed against Cameroon in 2 friendlies.
On current form, I see Nigeria losing 0-1 to Egypt and Algeria and a 1-1 with Burkina Faso if we meet in a tournament like AFCON.
Nigeria may even do better against these countries because the Lagos pitch is not good. If the coach improve tactically we have talents that can play these big countries
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 6:21pm On Oct 12, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Zaidu is not anywhere 50 percent better than Collins let alone 100 percent ,Na small thing zaidu take pass Collins ,make we no let Porto deceive us grin

Collins wey no fit make 1 solid attacking contributions against carpenters, farmers of CAR? I no no o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 6:26pm On Oct 12, 2021
Odunayaw:

565million naira
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel10: 6:33pm On Oct 12, 2021
Algeria currently thrashing Niger Republic 4:0. And it's not even up to 70 mins yet. That is how to treat minnows and part-timers.

A certain Franco-German coach would struggle to beat them 1-0 with eye-sore football on display.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:40pm On Oct 12, 2021
in April he said:

“I’ve heard some bits about Nigeria but I can’t say too much about it though. My mum is Nigerian and my father lived 23 years in Nigeria as well,” Danjuma said, as per Bournemouth Echo.

“The culture is still within the family, so it does not disregard for the Nigerian side. It’s a choice I will think about but I need some time, obviously.

“I think they are interested but obviously I play for the Dutch national team already, I scored for the national team already, so I’ve made that decision.

“With the choice, I would like to represent Holland as well but then again I’m not being called up at the moment. So on the back of that, maybe I need to make some decisions.

“I’ve played for Holland at senior level. One cap in the Nations League and one against Belgium but that wasn’t an official match. They have changed the rules so, if you have one cap, you can still change.

“It isn’t a decision I can make just in a split second. I need to think about it.”
edi287:

Lol wetin him dey talk?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:41pm On Oct 12, 2021
When NIgeria ask them out, they will have to think about it.. If na the other country, na race hahaha

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:42pm On Oct 12, 2021
haha NIgeria wan win WC? cheesy
Ppogbae:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:47pm On Oct 12, 2021
12large1:

Collins wey no fit make 1 solid attacking contributions against carpenters, farmers of CAR? I no no o

Never been much of a fan of Collins...I generally don't fancy fullbacks that are too static and don't support the attack well..they make the game dull...
But u can't blame him much...he might just be playing to instructions..
Remember when Rohr dropped Aina who was having a good tournament at LB at the AFCON immediately Collins returned from injury... Probably cus Aina was playing offensively more than he instructed...

Anyway, since Taiye Taiwo retired, that LB role hasn't found a worthy successor...Echijele was good there for a while until he fizzled out..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 7:00pm On Oct 12, 2021
Na WA oooo which kind "Algermany" team b dis
8-0
6-1
Now shocked
4-0 ..I tip them to do a double on Afcon trophy
Wat a sweet time to b an "Algerman" cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 7:05pm On Oct 12, 2021
Curtisaxel10:
Algeria currently thrashing Niger Republic 4:0. And it's not even up to 70 mins yet. That is how to treat minnows and part-timers.

A certain Franco-German coach would struggle to beat them 1-0 with eye-sore football on display.
Whoever made Nigerian Media Houses to normalize that "there are no minnows in African football" is a big big scam. An inadequacy to cover SE blushes that headline was.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 7:12pm On Oct 12, 2021
Joebie:
When NIgeria ask them out, they will have to think about it.. If na the other country, na race hahaha
The truth is those guys don't know Nigeria as their home!!! That society molded them and they would rather be loyal to what they know as home instead of their parent's home. That said, those guys should also be fair to us and let us know right off the bat that they are not interested in repping us instead of using us a bargaining chip for their desired national team. Further, I am not against FB at all, let's use the best we can get, afterall Tiago, Diego Costa and Jorginho are Brazilians repping other countries.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 7:15pm On Oct 12, 2021
daveP:
Whoever made Nigerian Media Houses to normalize that "there are no minnows in African football" is a big big scam. An inadequacy to cover SE blushes that headline was.

I swear bro, minnows scatter like shit for Africa
Djibouti
Eswatini
Eritrea
Somalia
Gambia
Sao Tome
South sudan etc
The ones Rohr and super eagles made look like African powerhouses are
CAR
S/Leone
Liberia
Madagascar
Burundi

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:22pm On Oct 12, 2021
minfelix:

I swear bro, minnows scatter like shit for Africa Djibouti Eswatini Eritrea Somalia Gambia Sao Tome South sudan etc The ones Rohr and super eagles made look like African powerhouses are CAR S/Leone Liberia Madagascar Burundi
Una dey vex o grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:47pm On Oct 12, 2021
12large1:

How many players make one solid attacking control that day grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by samtol4(m): 8:11pm On Oct 12, 2021
Curtisaxel10:

hahaha � " part time "

(1) (2) (3) ... (11364) (11365) (11366) (11367) (11368) (11369) (11370) ... (16175) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Zellas, Iview1, soetanoreoluwa(m), JorgedeToledo and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.