Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,849 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8806) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11705307 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8803) (8804) (8805) (8806) (8807) (8808) (8809) ... (16160) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 4:05pm On Jun 28, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:

Black lives matter campaign is creating job opportunities for minorities. In the next two season in Europe,just watch as the number of referees will increase significantly.

Not in my opinion.

What you have is the deception of rhetoric but no substance lots of anecdotal slogan that have no action or intended delivery outcomes.

It's just noise making to pacify the gullible.

Racism in the UK is endemic, systemic and institutional.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 4:12pm On Jun 28, 2020
ChrisKels:

So what has Chuks Aneke done since youth football, remember injuries are part of the game? grin grin

Nothing and that is why you will not see me or anybody who has basic understanding of football putting him in the picture for anything.

Just like l haven't talked about Onyedinma for over three years. Or talked about Tega Onomah.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 4:17pm On Jun 28, 2020
Ndidi is now going for the passes, cool smiley

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by seankafor(m): 4:18pm On Jun 28, 2020
komekn:

Not in my opinion.

What you have is the deception of rhetoric but no substance lots of anecdotal slogan that have no action or intended delivery outcomes.

It's just noise making to pacify the gullible.

Racism in the UK is endemic, systemic and institutional.
guy clear your notifications shocked
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 4:28pm On Jun 28, 2020
Joebie:
I have listened keenly to you. At least your opinions change on players. That's pretty objective to me. Some people's opinion of a player will never change even though it's very obvious the player is in oblivion

However, I will still say to you today, you are sentimental towards English football grin.

I would disagree.

My take is that l am very knowledgeable about English players and football.

For example the reports l was getting about Isaac Success were also from the coaching staff. And my deduction was a combination of coaching reports, his own conduct and his poor performances that led to my assessment "Waste man"

That's not sentiment that is objectivity.

Football has one constant and that is CHANGE.

That change is either upwards or downwards, it means today's flop can be tomorrow's winner. That means we will have RISING STARS that in a short while can become FALLING STARS.

This is the nature of football everything is short term and the HERE and NOW.

I will absolutely unapologetically talk with more detail and depth about English football. Because what l know not just read about.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 4:36pm On Jun 28, 2020
Nice technique for that shot. Deft touches, close control, good dribbling skills and good passing range.
maidaboi:
i tell you
you saw the shout
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 4:37pm On Jun 28, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Meanwhile, I understand the Iggy show resumed today. 5 goals in 4 starts at Man Utd.

He is doing well and I think he is inadvertently paving the way nicely for any talented Nigerian player that Man Ut[/b]d will go for in future.
If another genuine Naija talent rises and Man Utd is linked strongly to the player and questions [b]arise as to whether he can handle the pressure of the theatre of dreams
, fingers will definitely point to Ighalo as an example of a Nigerian player who did it in their colors.

Sometimes, what we do for ourselves and in our name echoes into the future for someone else. wink

You wrote these long drawn out irrelevances.

And then you conclude with the highlighted in bold. That's essentially very misguided.

I should know.

No club will use your nationality as the basis for deciding your capacity to and ability to play for the club and in the league.

You will be assessed as an individual personality and not on your nationality. However, the league and or club you play in prior will have an impact as well as if you are a national first team player ( work permit rules)

If Nigeria had a good quality league and Ighalo had come from that league to Man U. Then the quality of the league and players from that league will be looked upon with greater appreciation. But that's not the case here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 4:41pm On Jun 28, 2020
Norwich 1
Man.utd 2
Sheffield 1
Arsenal 2
Chelsea 1
Leicester Mmmm
Funny logic though, Leicester might just steal a win.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:43pm On Jun 28, 2020
komekn:

Nothing and that is why you will not see me or anybody who has basic understanding of football putting him in the picture for anything.

Just like l haven't talked about Onyedinma for over three years. Or talked about Tega Onomah.

But you were happy to read a report on him, from Joebie, why did you not cry the way you did when Nerdy gave a simple report on Nwakali too? undecided

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:46pm On Jun 28, 2020
We need u here. Lol
Afobear:

I'm avoiding here .... Whenever I come here to do the Lord's work, some persons here connive to send me into the wilderness of tears and gnashing of teeth. You all should avoid me so I can avoid you all peacefully
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:46pm On Jun 28, 2020
Una dey watch villareal game ?

More interesting that that chelsea game

But some people will disagree because they just believe the epl is on and all

Even with empty stadiums you will still enjoy that villareal game

Carzola na onye ball abeg

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:47pm On Jun 28, 2020
Meanwhile, I’m quite impressed with Villareal and Chukwueze so far.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 4:49pm On Jun 28, 2020
andrewbaba44:
Una dey watch villareal game ?

More interesting that that chelsea game

But some people will disagree because they just believe the epl is on and all

Even with empty stadiums you will still enjoy that villareal game

Carzola na onye ball abeg

How is Chuks playing Sir?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:49pm On Jun 28, 2020
Komekn just focus on club football, I mean top club football, that is the orientation you have, you are not suited to discussing national team football, because in your dictionary, exists no word like grooming, hence, before you, once a player isn't ready, he should never be brought in to the topic. If we go by your logic, we would only be discussing players like Ndidi, anything youth should never be discussed, let alone prospects. If we followed your idea, we wouldn't even be discussing Ndidi before he left Genk.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by timay(m): 4:51pm On Jun 28, 2020
Joebie:
Meanwhile, I’m quite impressed with Villareal and Chukwueze so far.
With the rate this Villarreal is playing since league resumption, they might just nick a champions League spot or at worst Europa League, which will be good for Chukwueze if that happens

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JayromWrites: 4:55pm On Jun 28, 2020
Ndidi easily the best player on the pitch so far

Gilmour having a stinker, just imagine if twas a certain Nacho

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:55pm On Jun 28, 2020
Blueelf:

How is Chuks playing Sir?

Chuks is doing well so far

Villareal should start fighting for champions league place

35 year old carzola still got the world class touch and still got more to offer as far as he stay injury free

Villareal is the best place for chuks for now

And where is that guy that called villareal relegation candidate even after he was dissapointed last season he still got the mind to call them a relegation club earlier this season

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tolulopefinest(m): 4:59pm On Jun 28, 2020
Villarreal vs Valencia match is the most interesting first half match I've watched in an empty stadium. #Villareal always plays an interesting match even when they were on the verge of relegation last season wink

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tolulopefinest(m): 5:01pm On Jun 28, 2020
andrewbaba44:

35 year old carzola still got the world class touch and still got more to offer as far as he stay injury free

And where is that guy that called villareal relegation candidate even after he was dissapointed last season he still got the mind to call them a relegation club earlier this season

Villarreal dey ball o
Different individual great footballers who plays as a team

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:01pm On Jun 28, 2020
Tolulopefinest:
Villarreal vs Valencia match is the most interesting first half match I've watched in an empty stadium. #Villareal always plays an interesting match even when they were on the verge of relegation last season wink

Smiles

Laliga is fun bro

Switching to chelsea if iheancho comes in or i will never watch that game grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:02pm On Jun 28, 2020
Tolulopefinest:

Villarreal dey ball o
Different individual great footballers who plays as a team

Yes o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:04pm On Jun 28, 2020
Irrelevant to you b'cos the essence of the message is lost on you. Did Iggy come from the Naija League? So why bringing in the Naija League? And did I state where the talent coukd break out from? He could break out from anywhere including our league.
Why going off-tangent as usual? Ofcos it is the usual with you to do this as regards Naija players.
Perhaps the reason why Barca still rates dutch players and why Real Madrid have invested in Brazilians lately is lost on you. Players that have gone before the current ones shone in those colors and this gives these clubs reasons to go back and find more of such.

Please Komekn, do me a favor. Stop quoting me to talk nonsense. I find it very attention seeking and distracting. Merci.

komekn:

You wrote these long drawn out irrelevances.

And then you conclude with the highlighted in bold. That's essentially very misguided.

I should know.

No club will use your nationality as the basis for deciding your capacity to and ability to play for the club and in the league.

You will be assessed as an individual personality and not on your nationality. However, the league and or club you play in prior will have an impact as well as if you are a national first team player ( work permit rules)

If Nigeria had a good quality league and Ighalo had come from that league to Man U. Then the quality of the league and players from that league will be looked upon with greater appreciation. But that's not the case here.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 5:07pm On Jun 28, 2020
Danielnino00:

It's just rumours..

Liverpool may most likely end up not signing anybody...

I don't see why we should bid for him.. he is a good player,but in Gomez we have a very reliable partner for Van Djik..
Kalidou will do better... Forget this reliable talk. But we'll see. Cos im hinging on what Klopp said about no really being in the market
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by rabzy: 5:08pm On Jun 28, 2020
Pls someone should help us with ndidi clips in the Chelsea match...Villarreal is totoring us here with sublime passed and one-time shots

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:08pm On Jun 28, 2020
Villarreal is certainly gunning for a UCL spot. With this win today wrapped up in the next 45 which has begun already, they will only be 3 points behind 4th place Sevilla.

Villarreal is really looking good I must confess and Chukwueze is really balling. What a player.

First it was Bukayo Saka for Arsenal with some orgasmic football and display of beautiful football intelligence all game and now it is Chukwueze with intelligence, skills and dare all rolled into one. This Sunday sweet mehn. grin

andrewbaba44:

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:09pm On Jun 28, 2020
JayromWrites:
Ndidi easily the best player on the pitch so far

Gilmour having a stinker, just imagine if twas a certain Nacho

I have always known that Gilmour boy to be all hypes and nothing more

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:11pm On Jun 28, 2020
To be frank, a VVD-Kalidou partnership will be more than a fortress to try take down. They will be like an impenetrable wall. Think about it. Anyway, that said, Kalidou may not join Liverpool but perhaps Man City. Time will tell shaa. Depends on who makes the better bid and Laurentiis softening his stance on the price a little.

Danielnino00:

It's just rumours..

Liverpool may most likely end up not signing anybody...

I don't see why we should bid for him.. he is a good player,but in Gomez we have a very reliable partner for Van Djik..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by peterd53(m): 5:11pm On Jun 28, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Villarreal is certainly gunning for a UCL spot. With this win today wrapped up in the next 45 which has begun already, they will only be 3 points behind 4th place Sevilla.

Villarreal is really looking good I must confess and Chukwueze is really balling. What a player.

First it was Bukayo Saka for Arsenal with some orgasmic football and display of beautiful football intelligence all game and now it is Chukwueze with intelligence, skills and dare all rolled into one. This Sunday sweet mehn. grin

Sevilla won’t lose that spot. Getafe have a greater chance than Villareal
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:12pm On Jun 28, 2020
daveP:
Kalidou will do better... Forget this reliable talk. But we'll see. Cos im hinging on what Klopp said about no really being in the market
Have u seen Gomez stats for Liverpool?

I don't care how good Koulibaly is..Gomez is reliable enough... That's what matters..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:13pm On Jun 28, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

Lol

I swear baba
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:14pm On Jun 28, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
To be frank, a VVD-Kalidou partnership will be more than a fortress to try take down. They will be like an impenetrable wall. Think about it. Anyway, that said, Kalidou may not join Liverpool but perhaps Man City. Time will tell shaa. Depends on who makes the better bid and Laurentiis softening his stance on the price a little.

He should join Man city..
They need him more...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:19pm On Jun 28, 2020
peterd53:

Sevilla won’t lose that spot. Getafe have a greater chance than Villareal

Getafe was at 4th earlier this season, i dont think they have a greater chance than villareal, they arent constitent

And yes i know sevilla wont loose that spot, i just want villareal to get the spot because of chuks

(1) (2) (3) ... (8803) (8804) (8805) (8806) (8807) (8808) (8809) ... (16160) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: opes, TheGoodJoe(m), komekn(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.