Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8807) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11697589 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8804) (8805) (8806) (8807) (8808) (8809) (8810) ... (16159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:21pm On Jun 28, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
To be frank, a VVD-Kalidou partnership will be more than a fortress to try take down. They will be like an impenetrable wall. Think about it. Anyway, that said, Kalidou may not join Liverpool but perhaps Man City. Time will tell shaa. Depends on who makes the better bid and Laurentiis softening his stance on the price a little.

koulibally might not join liverpool

But no liverpool fan should come and play down koulibally here

Who is gomez self ? omo if koulibally join liverpool nobody fit bench am na em go pair van dijk

Abeg koulibally should join mancity biko
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:22pm On Jun 28, 2020
daveP:
Kalidou will do better... Forget this reliable talk. But we'll see. Cos im hinging on what Klopp said about no really being in the market

He knows he is lying

Leave him

Gomez and koulibally should not be on same sentence
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:22pm On Jun 28, 2020
Barnes is crap
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:23pm On Jun 28, 2020
Sevilla slipped on friday when they drew 1-1 at home with Valladolid. This is what brings Villarreal closer to them now. Everything is still up for grabs with 6 games to go.

As for Getafe, they take on Real Sociedad who are in 7th. A battle is expected. To be honest, Villarreal got a chance to crack top 4. Never say never as nothing is guaranteed yet.

peterd53:

Sevilla won’t lose that spot. Getafe have a greater chance than Villareal

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:25pm On Jun 28, 2020
andrewbaba44:

He knows he is lying

Leave him

Gomez and koulibally should not be on same sentence
You are missing out one important point here :

Van Dijk and Koulibaly are almost very similar in their style of play...
They are both LCB, they both like to overlap a lot..

What's the sense in playing to centre backs who have similar style of play?

In Van Dijk,we have a Koulibaly....and in Gomez, we have a reliable partner.. nobody said Gamez is better.. He and Van Dijk just compliment each other...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:26pm On Jun 28, 2020
Mehn Andy, this Villarreal game dey sweet me. And check out Chuks. The first fullback Valencia put on him picked up injury after Chuks don turn am well well and use am do race for this game. His replacement, Jaume Costa don already pick up yellow card b'cos of Chuks. Chuks dey hammer that flank like say Dem thief him car. Lol

andrewbaba44:

Lol

I swear baba

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by peterd53(m): 5:28pm On Jun 28, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Getafe was at 4th earlier this season, i dont think they have a greater chance than villareal, they arent constitent

And yes i know sevilla wont loose that spot, i just want villareal to get the spot because of chuks

Villareal got a date with both Barca and Madrid. They’re gonna do the extra ordinary to snatch that last spot.........Getafe have been poor since the restart but am sure they will get their mojo back

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:29pm On Jun 28, 2020
Danielnino00:

In Van Dijk,we have a Koulibaly....and in Gomez, we have a reliable partner.. nobody said Gamez is better.. He and Van Dijk just compliment each other...

Well i got your point now sha

I raised the arguement because i just dey imagine those 2 for 1 team

Got you now bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:30pm On Jun 28, 2020
peterd53:

Villareal got a date with both Barca and Madrid. They’re gonna do the extra ordinary to snatch that last spot.........Getafe have been poor since the restart but am sure they will get their mojo back

Lol

Dont be suprised if Villarreal get a point from barca unless the game is at camp nou

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by peterd53(m): 5:31pm On Jun 28, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Sevilla slipped on friday when they drew 1-1 at home with Valladolid. This is what brings Villarreal closer to them now. Everything is still up for grabs with 6 games to go.

As for Getafe, they take on Real Sociedad who are in 7th. A battle is expected. To be honest, Villarreal got a chance to crack top 4. Never say never as nothing is guaranteed yet.

You’re right but Villareal get tougher games to come compare to the other two.........Getafe knows wat is at stake and was at dz stage last season. Getafe will trump sociedad
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:31pm On Jun 28, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

Yeye sevilla

Na barca power dem dey get, they cannot beat ordinary valladolid
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:31pm On Jun 28, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Mehn Andy, this Villarreal game dey sweet me. And check out Chuks. The first fullback Valencia put on him picked up injury after Chuks don turn am well well and use am do race for this game. His replacement, Jaime Costa don already pick up yellow card b'cos of Chuks. Chuks dey hammer that flank like say Dem thief him car. Lol

Lol

The game sweet jare
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by peterd53(m): 5:31pm On Jun 28, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Lol

Dont be suprised if Villarreal get a point from barca unless the game is at camp nou

We won’t drop anymore points not after wat happened yesterday.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:32pm On Jun 28, 2020
Good point Dan. But clearly they are adaptable too and if Liverpool were to bring in a Kalidou for instance, he could feature at RCB while Van Dijk continues at LCB. Their partnership is still possible.

That said, I really don't think Liverpool will land him at all. They could not land Werner due to financial reasons na Kalidou dem wan land. Time will tell.

Danielnino00:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:33pm On Jun 28, 2020
peterd53:

We won’t drop anymore points not after wat happened yesterday.

Story

Better pray espanyol help us tonight

Me i know madrid will beat them silly

Watch how diego simeone boys will come and fight at the camp nou on monday as if their life depends on the game

Na here we dey baba

Hope you dey see say arthur dey go juventus and pjanic dey come barca?

Arthur going to 70 million and pjanic comming for 60 million, one is 24 years and the other is 30 years
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:36pm On Jun 28, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Good point Dan. But clearly they are adaptable too and if Liverpool were to bring in a Kalidou for instance, he could feature at RCB while Van Dijk continues at LCB. Their partnership is still possible.

That said, I really don't think Liverpool will land him at all. They could not land Werner due to financial reasons na Kalidou dem wan land. Time will tell.

It's not going to happen bro..

It has already been reported from a reliable source that Liverpool will most likely not sign players this season...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:38pm On Jun 28, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Story

Watch how diego simeone boys will come and fight at the camp nou on monday as if their life depends on the game

Na here we dey baba

Arthur going to 70 million and pjanic comming for 60 million, one is 24 years and the other is 30 years

This Arthur/Pjanic swap deal just dy funny grin .

What's wrong with the people at Camp Not? grin
By next year,more than half of Barca first team players will be in their 30s..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:38pm On Jun 28, 2020
Icon4s:

So are you telling me there are no 22 and 23 years olds that are still trying to knock on the doors of the 3 Lions?

How old were Omeruo, Musa, Iwobi, Ndidi, Iheanacho, Success, Chukwueze, Awaziem, Osimhen and the like when they got their debutes? All at teenage. So don't tell me "in the context of Nigeria". We have had exceptional teens that broke into the senior Team.

There are still some 21-23 years old Nigerian players that are still trying to break into the SE. And the Olympics could have been an opportunity for them to prove that abilities. That is my point.

Not all players blossom from teenage just like some players fizzle out after their teen age. Some start finding their footings from age 21 and beyond.

The U23 has always been a feeder team to the Super Eagles and it will always be

I don't agree with your proposition because it is yours.

The basis for invitation and selection to any age grade team that goes beyond 21 should be entirely anchored on performance.

That performance can only be about consistent continous, top class performances in your club and league NOTHING ELSE in my opinion.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 5:40pm On Jun 28, 2020
Chukwueze is maturing into a fine technical player. He needs one more year in villareal and then he will be ready for a big club.
Im happy for him

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:40pm On Jun 28, 2020
Danielnino00:

This Arthur/Pjanic swap deal just dy funny grin .

What's wrong with the people at Camp Not? grin
By next year,more than half of Barca first team players will be in their 30s..

Lol very funny

But they said barca are doing it for financial fair play

But me i still dont understand any of it

And i dont think barca are that stupid to do such deal

Yes barca do over pay for players

But you see this arthur and pjanic matter got me so confused

More than half of the first teams players are already in their 30s bro, next year is too far

Messi, suarez,rakitic, busquets, pique, alba, vidal, these are just 7 players, griezman is 29 and will be the next 30 year old, lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by peterd53(m): 5:40pm On Jun 28, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Story

Na here we dey baba

Espanyol just sacked their coach bruh. I’m optimistic, they could cause an upset tonight..........Barca form for camp nou is close to perfect, winning 15 out of 16 games and just 1 draw against Madrid .Atm go chop ammm........Our board is a joke. Dem just deh waste Messi twilight years with awful decision. Authur sale is okay but trying to bring in a 30 year old Pjanic is just so annoying
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:42pm On Jun 28, 2020
True, Villarreal do have tough fixtures upcoming but so also do Getafe. Getafe face Real Madrid next after Sociedad. Also they take on Atletico Madrid in a game before their final la liga tie. In the middle of that, they have to battle Villarreal too. So you see, it is tough for both going into the closing matchdays/weeks.
Even Sevilla got Bilbao and Sociedad away in upcoming fixtures.

Let's watch shaa. It's gonna be an interesting race these final weeks in the battle for 4th spot.

peterd53:

You’re right but Villareal get tougher games to come compare to the other two.........Getafe knows wat is at stake and was at dz stage last season. Getafe will trump sociedad

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:45pm On Jun 28, 2020
peterd53:

Espanyol just sacked their coach bruh. I’m optimistic, they could cause an upset tonight..........Barca form for camp nou is close to perfect, winning 15 out of 16 games and just 1 draw against Madrid .Atm go chop ammm........Our board is a joke. Dem just deh waste Messi twilight years with awful decision. Authur sale is okay but trying to bring in a 30 year old Pjanic is just so annoying

Barca form at camp nou is even more than perfect self, but diego simeone and him boys wahala too much

We go beat them sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:46pm On Jun 28, 2020
Danielnino00:

It's just rumours..

Liverpool may most likely end up not signing anybody...

I don't see why we should bid for him.. he is a good player,but in Gomez we have a very reliable partner for Van Djik..

Gomez has a small habit of being bit injury prone.

Liverpool need a quality defender to up the game, Loveren is not good enough and Matip is good but Koulibaly is much better.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:46pm On Jun 28, 2020
Well, the way the Werner deal went certainly makes this Kalidou to Liverpool talk only a fantasy. Kalidou to Man City then. Lol

But you guys have to strengthen or upgrade in a few areas. What about the rumored Adama Traore move to Red merseyside? You think that is possible?

Also, you guys gotta replace the likes of Milner going forward for squad depth. Well, time will tell. wink

Danielnino00:

It's not going to happen bro..

It has already been reported from a reliable source that Liverpool will most likely not sign players this season...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:49pm On Jun 28, 2020
Blueelf:

Exactly...since our academy players seem to be rising to the occasion and we have a coach who places premium on player development

I just wish we could sign Chuks. Dude has great potentials and under Klopp will become an unrecognizable monster

The only academy defensive player that seems potential Liverpool quality is that teenager from Dutch football. He has a lot of growing up to do.

Liverpool academy is good but Man city, Arsenal and Chelsea are much better.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:50pm On Jun 28, 2020
Blueelf:

Exactly...Ajayi is one of the top rated defenders in the championship.

I hope he doesn't rest on his oars...who knows, he may be playing for tottenham in two years time

Currently l rate Tosin Adarabioyo more than him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 5:51pm On Jun 28, 2020
performance has always been the basis for selection into the national team. what Icon is saying is that the SE sources players from different avenues. some from the home league like finidi, ben iroha, Enyeama, etc some through under 21s eg adepoju, siasia, ahmed musa, azeez, mikel, etc some direct from under 17 but not too common some from under 23s and the rest foreign born players who decide to play for us. note non of these players get called up from cadet teams just because they want to decorate the national team with young players but because such players showed potential in their performances for their club or cadet national teams.

komekn:

I don't agree with your proposition because it is yours.

The basis for invitation and selection to any age grade team that goes beyond 21 should be entirely anchored on performance.

That performance can only be about consistent continous, top class performances in your club and league NOTHING ELSE in my opinion.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:54pm On Jun 28, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Well, the way the Werner deal went certainly makes this Kalidou to Liverpool talk only a fantasy. Kalidou to Man City then. Lol

But you guys have to strengthen or upgrade in a few areas. What about the rumored Adama Traore move to Red merseyside? You think that is possible?

Also, you guys gotta replace the likes of Milner going forward for squad depth. Well, time will tell. wink

Koulibaly to Liverpool is even more reliable than Traore's grin. .
We have been linked to a lot of players this season, but none looks likely to materialise...

There are talks going on that FSG aren't willing to spend this transfer market because of coronavirus...

But it's still possible we get funds from the sale of players like Lovren, Shaqiri,Lallana, Clyne and some on loan players like Awoniyi, Grujic, Wilson,etc..

But until then, nothing is certain..

But you are right, we really need to strengthen our squad ahead of next season...

If u ask me, I won't mind us signing Aina or Aina kind of player grin ... A versatile player that can play on both side of the flanks well to deputize for TAA and Robertson...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:57pm On Jun 28, 2020
chrisooblog:
performance has always been the basis for selection into the national team. what Icon is saying is that the SE sources players from different avenues. some from the home league like[b] finidi, ben iroha, Enyeama, etc some through under 21s eg adepoju, siasia[/b], ahmed musa, azeez, mikel, etc some direct from under 17 but not too common some from under 23s and the rest foreign born players who decide to play for us. note non of these players get called up from cadet teams just because they want to decorate the national team with young players but because such players showed potential in their performances for their club or cadet national teams.

That era no longer exits, where you can select good number of quality YOUNG players from the local league.

Football has moved on and we have not developed the league to keep up with the times.

There are many youths in Nigeria that know all the players in most EPL teams. But don't even know they teams in our local league.

There is a problem with investment in the league.

I have never been to a bar , restaurant and or wine bar as well as beer parlour where they are watching the NPFL.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:57pm On Jun 28, 2020
komekn:

The only academy defensive player that seems potential Liverpool quality is that teenager from Dutch football. He has a lot of growing up to do.

Liverpool academy is good but Man city, Arsenal and Chelsea are much better.

Which of the Dutch players ?

Sepp Van Den Berg or Ki-Jana Hoever?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:59pm On Jun 28, 2020
Leicester are out of the FA cup...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8804) (8805) (8806) (8807) (8808) (8809) (8810) ... (16159) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.