Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,360 members, 7,819,291 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10013) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11692046 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10010) (10011) (10012) (10013) (10014) (10015) (10016) ... (16156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Fabuloski(m): 5:12pm On Nov 14, 2020
When is the next game Abeg?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 5:13pm On Nov 14, 2020
Alfryd:
Pinnick To Super Eagles:
You Must Go To Freetown
And Beat Sierra Leone By
At Least 4-0
11 November 14, 2020 1:59 p

NFF president Amaju Pinnick said the only way
the Super Eagles can appease football fans in the
country is to go to Freetown and beat Sierra Leone
4-0 in the return leg of the 2021 AFCON qualifiers
on Tuesday, Completesports.com reports.
The Eagles shockingly surrendered a four-goal
lead to draw 4-4 against the Leone Stars.
Speaking to the players inside their dressing
room, Pinnick described it as the worst result he
has experienced as NFF chairman.

“I will say it the way it is in my heart and the
heart of so many Nigerians. The truth is that we
can’t be leading 4-0 against Sierra Leone and
concede four goals for no reason,” Pinnick said in
a video with the players published on the Super
Eagles YouTube channel.
“Since I became the NFF president this is the
worst result I’ve seen in my life. Next few days I
wonder how I’m going to sleep. It’s not because
of losing or we won’t qualify for the Nations Cup,
it’s certainly because this is towards the end of
the year, you know the passion and love Nigerians
have for this game.
“It’s football, it can go either way but what
happened to us? Were we complacent? Were we
so comfortable that we were leading 4-0 and all of
a sudden the goals start coming in? At the end of
the day nobody is going to call your name, it’s the
coach and Amaju Pinnick. That is the truth.
Unfortunately he is not the one on the pitch. I saw
the reaction of your captain after they score the
fourth goal and I shed tears for the first time in a
long time.

“That spirit of competition is not there anymore,
to me that’s the truth. I’m not the coach but if I’m
the coach there are some people that will not
come to the team again and that’s the truth.
“Nigeria has 200 million people and should
consider ourselves privileged playing for the
national team. It hurt all of us I cannot think of
anything else because we put in a lot, I did a
check list, the flight, the immigration, custom,
everything, just to make sure that everything goes
seamlessly.

This is Nigeria, it is a big country. We don’t wake
up playing Sierra Leone, you wake up playing
Brazil, you wake up playing Argentina, you wake
up playing Senegal.
“If it was just a scoreless draw, it would have
been a different ball game, from the defence to
the midfield off, also the attack. If there is
anything that will make us be that proud
footballing nation, it’s for us to go to Sierra Leone
and beat them 4-0.
“It’s not just winning, winning is an
understatement, it’s to make sure we give them
that 4-0 and make sure they don’t score even one,
that is the only thing we will do from the blast of
the whistle till the end of the game.”
Pinnick further added:”I’m bothered about our
ranking, I’m bothered about so many things that
possibly you people are not bothered about we
take the blame everyday. I sat down to look at
the check list, call the secretary, call the team
doctor everyday, I’m the president but I took
charge because of the importance of this game to
you and to Nigerians. I’m very pained, I’m very
emotional now.

“When I was coming to meet you I was told to
cheer you up I said no I can’t cheer you up and
remain pained, let us suffer the emotion together I
won’t cheer you up, not anymore. I’ve told you and
I mean it, I will see your coach and there are
somethings we are not going to accept anymore.
“The beauty about falling down is resurgent
enough to bounce back. Bounce back in a grand
style because what you have done is that you have
given them confidence that Nigeria is beatable.
“We must go to Freetown and beat them at least
four goals so that they will know truly the Eagles
have landed. So we should double our effort and
go to Freetown and win that game by 4-0 because
it is very symbolic so that they will know that
what happened in Nigeria was a fluke.”
Amaju gave them the "hair dryer treatment". I like it. Blast em off. There was a even an incident where nacho was with the ball but failed to pass the ball to Osimhen who was in a better position. Can nacho try that nonsense with vardy?. Rohr need to make the team competitive.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Liposure: 5:13pm On Nov 14, 2020
Kog45:
Kelly,honestly Rohr just need to go back to the drawing board cos he is losing it.

I remember dropping Aina to the bench for Collins who was just coming from injury at Afcon showed how Rohr thinks about his players.The same Collins is on the bench for Sanusi.I can bet it with anyone that Sanusi signing for Porto paved way for him if not Collins would have been a preferred choice.

How on earth would a coach benched Ebuehi and Aina,one with world cup experience and other with Afcon experience and still playing in top league for average Akpoguma for God sake.

I have made up mind that with Rohr I don't see Eagles emerging as a team to reckon with globally.
even the ebuehi and aina you are talking about are not naturally leftbacks more like makeshifts. I remember when we had the likes of taye taiwo, elderson ejiejine, udeze, babayaro, oshanuwa etc then we were spoilt for choice. But these days we hardly boast of a natural LB aside jamilu collins

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 5:13pm On Nov 14, 2020
JohnBullMySon:
Na bias dey blind your eye. Uzoho made only two moderate saves in that match, even the rebound Brazil used to score was from the bar. And yes maduka's development is better than uzoho, or is it not the uzoho we know?

Guy we were under consistent pressure from the Brazilians na Uzoho took all that pressure and restricted them to one goal, Maduka had little or nothing to do against the Tunisians and had little to do against the Algerians

And how is Maduka's development better than Uzoho he doesn't even have a permanent club or 2 league games under his belt?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 5:14pm On Nov 14, 2020
Alfryd:
pls
Who is MR AMAJU referring to in the last paragraph
Musa I guess
musa don buy job grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 5:16pm On Nov 14, 2020
JohnBullMySon:
musa don buy job grin

Johnbullmyson I sent u to school,u don't knw aw to spell ur name grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Liposure: 5:16pm On Nov 14, 2020
Fabuloski:
When is the next game Abeg?
tuesday
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:18pm On Nov 14, 2020
Subzero047:

Guy we were under consistent pressure from the Brazilians na Uzoho took all that pressure and restricted them to one goal, Maduka had little or nothing to do against the Tunisians and had little to do against the Algerians

And how is Maduka's development better than Uzoho he doesn't even have a permanent club or 2 league games under his belt?

U Dy mind am... Did Uzoho concede 6 goals in his first 4 games??

Uzoho hasn't been that great with the team,but it's very funny how some people are suddenly trying to elevate Maduka ahead of him...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by timay(m): 5:21pm On Nov 14, 2020
Bolowolowo:
Truth be told, Rohr may not get fired because there’s simply no replacement. Sad state of affairs
No replacement excuse is horse shit. The proper reason will be NFF is too broke to afford to Pay him off after he gets sacked. So them go manage am like that

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 5:24pm On Nov 14, 2020
Subzero047:

if it's that uzoho organizes defence better, then I may agree with you because our defence was good during the Brazil game. But maduka's reaction is better. He has already placed himself as Sparta's first choice. He kept the last two league games with a clean sheet in one.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 5:30pm On Nov 14, 2020
Danielnino00:

U Dy mind am... Did Uzoho concede 6 goals in his first 4 games??

Uzoho hasn't been that great with the team,but it's very funny how some people are suddenly trying to elevate Maduka ahead of him...
they way you people judge football is funny. Are keepers rated by clean sheets or by saves and technicality? Ter stegen conceded six against bayern, does it make him a poor keeper. Our defence was shattered during that match. I don't have any special love for Maduka in any way. I watch uzoho's highlights as well as maduka's own. Both are still average but Maduka makes better saves.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 5:40pm On Nov 14, 2020
Bolowolowo:
Truth be told, Rohr may not get fired because there’s simply no replacement. Sad state of affairs

Ammunike will replace him .... wink

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 5:43pm On Nov 14, 2020
JohnBullMySon:
if it's that uzoho organizes defence better, then I may agree with you because our defence was good during the Brazil game. But maduka's reaction is better. He has already placed himself as Sparta's first choice. He kept the last two league games with a clean sheet in one.

No Maduka's reaction is not better, No he has not made himself Sparta's first choice

How do you make these judgements on a keeper who has had around 7 senior games and dropped defensive disasterclass in half of them?

This guy has conceeded 14 goals and he has not played up to 10 games yet
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 5:44pm On Nov 14, 2020
Starboytwo:
you mean black stars of GH sad

Yes , Black Stars of Ghana !! No much talking , we will beat super Chickens anyday , anytime , twice during AFCON tourneys

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oldboss(m): 5:45pm On Nov 14, 2020
Icon4s:

You might be surprised. Football can be funny sometimes.
JohnBullMySon:
Icon4s:

You might be surprised. Football can be funny sometimes.
it is 8 ooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oldboss(m): 5:47pm On Nov 14, 2020
gustav25:

Yes , Black Stars of Ghana !! No much talking , we will beat super Chickens anyday , anytime , twice during AFCON tourneys
are u drunk or wat Ghana bro u are funny we have good player compare to ghana

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oldboss(m): 5:52pm On Nov 14, 2020
JohnBullMySon:
they way you people judge football is funny. Are keepers rated by clean sheets or by saves and technicality? Ter stegen conceded six against bayern, does it make him a poor keeper. Our defence was shattered during that match. I don't have any special love for Maduka in any way. I watch uzoho's highlights as well as maduka's own. Both are still average but Maduka makes better saves.
Barca conceded 8 not 6
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 5:55pm On Nov 14, 2020
cool

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:58pm On Nov 14, 2020
Sadiq Umar scored

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:03pm On Nov 14, 2020
JohnBullMySon:

I don't judge goalkeepers with their clean sheet..far from it... getting a clean sheet is mostly a collective effort of the keeper and his defenders...

Saves are more reasonable...

so tell me,how many saves has Maduka made in the GWG??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 6:10pm On Nov 14, 2020
Oldboss:
are u drunk or wat Ghana bro u are funny we have good player compare to ghana

You have good player , you don't have good player ... You will still be beaten black and red by the Black stars . No caps
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovich: 6:20pm On Nov 14, 2020
Benin beating Lesotho. A win away to Sierra Leone should be enough to guarantee qualification.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:20pm On Nov 14, 2020
Mickael2:
I know I don't like Rohr but this is something else. A counterpart from Sierra Leone just called me that they scored two against Nigeria, tuned in and it was 4-3, I don't understand how Rohr thinks, your team's midfield has been nonexistent for all the twenty minutes I have been watching and somehow you don't think it makes sense to bring in fresh legs into the middle, nope, you sub in Onuachu instead. God how am I going to handle this shame Na
Rohr has stagnated since after the last WCQ. He has nothing to offer. He is the coaching equivalent of Buhari. Full of promises but delivers nothing

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:21pm On Nov 14, 2020
kellycute:
you've always wanted rohr to play bravery so what do you have to say now.

We played Bravely in the first half and was phenomenal. Don't get why we made a conservative switch in the second half and stopped pressing with numbers.

Or you want Rohr to park bus against Sierra Leone too?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovich: 6:21pm On Nov 14, 2020
Mujtahida:

Rohr has stagnated since after the last WCQ. He has nothing to offer. He is the coaching equivalent of Buhari. Full of promises but delivers nothing
grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 6:25pm On Nov 14, 2020
Karlovich:
Benin beating Lesotho. A win away to Sierra Leone should be enough to guarantee qualification.
Calm down. It hasn't gotten to this
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:26pm On Nov 14, 2020
Danielnino00:
If Rohr was a local coach,he would have been sacked long ago!
Let's talk truth... he has nothing to offer
Every day fresh experiments, new players, new formation. Rohr is a void inside an emptiness. He has less than nothing to offer.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 6:26pm On Nov 14, 2020
gustav25:

in zlatan's voice, "Ala, ala tio le shey".
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hatakekakashi: 6:28pm On Nov 14, 2020
Karlovich:
Permutation grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:32pm On Nov 14, 2020
smartsmith0907:

That should be the work of ekong for Christ sake
So in conclusion my brother what should be the way forward.

The way forward is to do what we are scared to do. Switch to a pure offensive identity and start working on getting stronger at it.

Masking ourselves with conservative patterns and hidden results will not take us any where in the long run.

We need to accept and remain a pressing offensive Unit.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:34pm On Nov 14, 2020
Joebie:
What Rohr is lacking there is no assistant to fill it. It's an easy fix get a solid assistant or get a coach who has those abilities as well. Player management is not enough to go far.
Rohr has nothing to redeem him. He wasn't hired to manage players but to win games.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovich: 6:36pm On Nov 14, 2020
hatakekakashi:

Permutation grin
Lol, but we can't be doing mathematics against Benin, Lesotho and Sierra Leone. We aren't that bad

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10010) (10011) (10012) (10013) (10014) (10015) (10016) ... (16156) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, M7even(m), Napoleon55(m), zicky(m), foxman04 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.