Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,063 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10014) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11653454 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10011) (10012) (10013) (10014) (10015) (10016) (10017) ... (16147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 6:36pm On Nov 14, 2020
Oldboss:
are u drunk or wat Ghana bro u are funny we have good player compare to ghana
so you wan dey follow am debate dah 1?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovich: 6:37pm On Nov 14, 2020
Odunayaw:
Calm down. It hasn't gotten to this
grin grin, I just want a situation where we qualify early so that we can try new players. It shouldn't be a big deal for us

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:41pm On Nov 14, 2020
IDENNAA:

He left Agu and invited Shehu ...lol. Etebor na makeshift , Aribo na CM with soft leg for Scottish football. Iwobi kuku no sabi gragra...smh
The truth is that almost everybody is a makeshift in that team because the coach keeps on experimenting. And the reason for that is because he is unsure of himself. Rohr is a strange mix: stuck in his ways, yet always changing.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovich: 6:41pm On Nov 14, 2020
Chukwueze and Dennis with injuries, Its just getting worse for us. embarassed embarassed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 6:41pm On Nov 14, 2020
Karlovich:
grin grin, I just want a situation where we qualify early so that we can try new players. It shouldn't be a big deal for us
grin You still don't get Rohr. Test new players ke are they German?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hatakekakashi: 6:46pm On Nov 14, 2020
Karlovich:
Lol, but we can't be doing mathematics against Benin, Lesotho and Sierra Leone. We aren't that bad
Yeah. Afcon aualification na sure banker already
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hatakekakashi: 6:48pm On Nov 14, 2020
Starboytwo:
so you wan dey follow am debate dah 1?
I even shock sef but I think sey na clone
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:51pm On Nov 14, 2020
AIG07:
Rohr started well. His team peaked in less than 2years.i.e during world cup qualifiers prior to 2018 World Cup. Ever since, his team has hit a downward spiral. [/b]Starting from the world cup friendlies... Luck has only seen him thus far[b]. Nothing more.

Me I am not surprised.

Speedy recovery to Victor and Balogun
You put your finger right where the decline or ineptitude became obvious.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 6:53pm On Nov 14, 2020
kellycute:
u nor know ball at all. U dey names players wey nor even dey camp. Uzoho and Omeruo wey nor deh camp Naim you dey call.
Lolz. . I forgot.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovich: 6:54pm On Nov 14, 2020
Odunayaw:
grin You still don't get Rohr. Test new players ke are they German?
He might bring in Lookman and a few players their switch are complete, plus a few home grown players
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:07pm On Nov 14, 2020
smartsmith0907:
NFF has called for an emergency meeting this morning between rohr and his assistant..

Are you not one of them? Dem dey use national team do business!? grin

Sentiment no dey play football. I don talk tey tey but una no wan hear word.

If he do dat same selection for Sierra Leone, na go count goals tire because this Sierra Leone get stamina and tactics.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 7:09pm On Nov 14, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

We played Bravely in the first half and was phenomenal. Don't get why we made a conservative switch in the second half and stopped pressing with numbers.

Or you want Rohr to park bus against Sierra Leone too?
no. I actually enjoyed the first half. Wish we can always play like that going forward. High pressing and all attack!!!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 7:10pm On Nov 14, 2020
Karlovich:
Try new players? The last time we had such opportunity, Rohr fumbled. Remember that dead rubber Algeria match?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovich: 7:20pm On Nov 14, 2020
mostob:
Try new players? The last time we had such opportunity, Rohr fumbled. Remember that dead rubber Algeria match?
Well needs to do that for his own good, world cup qualifiers will start next year against tougher opponents, he can't afford make mistakes by experimenting with players. Some fringe players need to be tried in less competitive games.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by temi1290: 7:21pm On Nov 14, 2020
Liposure:
even the ebuehi and aina you are talking about are not naturally leftbacks more like makeshifts. I remember when we had the likes of taye taiwo, elderson ejiejine, udeze, babayaro, oshanuwa etc then we were spoilt for choice. But these days we hardly boast of a natural LB aside jamilu collins

Sanusi is a what?top 9?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 7:27pm On Nov 14, 2020
Mujtahida:

You put your finger right where the decline or ineptitude became obvious.

I could remember those silly gaffes den dt rohr intentionally hid his full tactics to deceive our potential opponent during d tournament

I swear some ppu too dey delusional with deir thinking,all in d name of "I am a patriotic fan" grin

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 7:28pm On Nov 14, 2020
Karlovich:
Well needs to do that for his own good, world cup qualifiers will start next year against tougher opponents, he can't afford make mistakes by experimenting with players. Some fringe players need to be tried in less competitive games.
I hope so.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:33pm On Nov 14, 2020
chrisooblog:
honestly e reach to complain. Aina for all his defensive struggles would have surely popped up in attack to help out. Akpoguma's selection in forgiveness voice looks too biased and sentimental.

Okay na grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:48pm On Nov 14, 2020
Karlovich:
He might bring in Lookman and a few players their switch are complete, plus a few home grown players

He will bring in Lookman and use him as a left back grin. .

See eh, it doesn't matter how many talented players we have available..As long as the coach has no idea how to use them, we won't achieve anything..
There's level to this coaching thing..

Take for instance,h the season Rodgers got sacked by Liverpool,we were playing poorly..getting draws against shitty opponents...Some people thought it was because of the players....
then Klopp came in,and he took that same squad to two finals that season..

Funny enough,Rodgers went to Leicester and turned them around from the disastrous days for Puel...

Rohr has it stands,has neither the abilities of Rodgers or Klopp...He is a good man manager,but tactically,he is has nothing better to offer..

4 years at the job and we can't really say where he is heading....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 7:51pm On Nov 14, 2020
Danielnino00:

In as much as Aina has his fault, Rohr has been absolutely unfair to him since he joined...I can agree that his exclusion from the world cup squad was fair, but after that world cup, he should have gotten more chance with the team...Instead,Shehu was being preffered at RB.... The height of it all was dropping him at the AFCON for Collins who just came back from injury...
If Rohr think Aina isn't good enough,he should stop calling him up...He should stop wasting his time . Aina could be in London right now preparing for Fulham next game rather than being left on the bench for makeshift players..
honestly this is really painful. How silly could Rohr be!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:07pm On Nov 14, 2020
Danielnino00:

In as much as Aina has his fault, Rohr has been absolutely unfair to him since he joined...I can agree that his exclusion from the world cup squad was fair, but after that world cup, he should have gotten more chance with the team...Instead,Shehu was being preffered at RB.... The height of it all was dropping him at the AFCON for Collins who just came back from injury...
If Rohr think Aina isn't good enough,he should stop calling him up...He should stop wasting his time . Aina could be in London right now preparing for Fulham next game rather than being left on the bench for makeshift players..

True facts

Agreed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:07pm On Nov 14, 2020
elyte89:

I could remember those silly gaffes den dt rohr intentionally hid his full tactics to deceive our potential opponent during d tournament

I swear some ppu too dey delusional with deir thinking,all in d name of "I am a patriotic fan" grin

Yeah patriotic here means delusional and blind

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovich: 8:10pm On Nov 14, 2020
Danielnino00:

He will bring in Lookman and use him as a left back grin. .

See eh, it doesn't matter how many talented players we have available..As long as the coach has no idea how to use them, we won't achieve anything..
There's level to this coaching thing..

Take for instance,h the season Rodgers got sacked by Liverpool,we were playing poorly..getting draws against shitty opponents...Some people thought it was because of the players....
then Klopp came in,and he took that same squad to two finals that season..

Funny enough,Rodgers went to Leicester and turned them around from the disastrous days for Puel...

Rohr has it stands,has neither the abilities of Rodgers or Klopp...He is a good man manager,but tactically,he is has nothing better to offer..

4 years at the job and we can't really say where he is heading....
Anyway let's just be observing, Pinnick should start sourcing for potential replacements because if this nonsense repeats itself during the WC qualifiers, he should be fired.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 8:11pm On Nov 14, 2020
Karlovich:
Chukwueze and Dennis with injuries, Its just getting worse for us. embarassed embarassed
which source pls?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovich: 8:13pm On Nov 14, 2020
JohnBullMySon:
which source pls?
allnigeriasoccer, don't know how reliable they are
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 8:15pm On Nov 14, 2020
elyte89:

I was an unwavering supporter of his. I ALWAYS created excuses for him. Until our last friendlies. It dawned on me there and then he were a clueless and tacticless coach. Kinda like Valverde. Just that Valverde is 10 times better.

Rohr is just like Setien 2.0

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by feelme2020: 8:59pm On Nov 14, 2020
CAN OLA AINA PLAY AS A WINGER

If our wingers are injured can Rohr use ola aina or zaidu sanusi or ebuehi as an attacking winger.
I mean this can be an interesting tactical option.
Also Awaziem can be tried in midfield to mark.
Also Ahmed Musa because of his pace and energy can be tried as a striker. He plays better as a striker

I mean some wing backs can easily play as wingers
Also chidera ejuke can be make to win red card and penalties for us with his dribbling skills. Give him a roving role. Tell him to dribble inside the box 18 and try and win penalties for us like kanu used to do
Also iheanacho as a deep lying striker can be an attacking weapon if he know how to use him.

These are interesting tactical options but i doubt Rohr's tactical capacity or innovative mindset.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:59pm On Nov 14, 2020
elyte89:

The man na full time swegbe abeg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:07pm On Nov 14, 2020
Mujtahida:

The man na full time swegbe abeg

Original swegbe gbako!!!!!!! ( in Fela's voice)

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:12pm On Nov 14, 2020
Karlovich:
Anyway let's just be observing, Pinnick should start sourcing for potential replacements because if this nonsense repeats itself during the WC qualifiers, he should be fired.

With rohr Nigeria will not qualify for the 2022 World Cup (I said what I said )

Forget the 4-4 draw as rohr have been nonsense before then

There is nothing rohr can offer that we haven’t seen

What’s even rohr pattern of play?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:14pm On Nov 14, 2020
barackodam:

I was an unwavering supporter of his. I ALWAYS created excuses for him. Until our last friendlies. It dawned on me there and then he were a clueless and tacticless coach. Kinda like Valverde. Just that Valverde is 10 times better.

Rohr is just like Setien 2.0

Lol

Velverde the bottler grin

Setien is a farmer and 1000 times better than rohr grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 9:21pm On Nov 14, 2020
andrewbaba44:

With rohr Nigeria will not qualify for the 2022 World Cup (I said what I said )

Forget the 4-4 draw as rohr have been nonsense before then

There is nothing rohr can offer that we haven’t seen

What’s even rohr pattern of play?

Ur last statement is d right question... No pattern whatsoever... I can do what rohr is doing @ d moment, just pack boiz put for field..tell dem to play as dem dey play am for club... And @ d end he will pocket 50k$ cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (10011) (10012) (10013) (10014) (10015) (10016) (10017) ... (16147) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Napoleon55(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.