Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,262 members, 7,846,222 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11838076 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10108) (10109) (10110) (10111) (10112) (10113) (10114) ... (16237) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by robosky02(m): 11:26pm On Dec 11, 2020
12large1:

Paul must have paid you guys to keep promoting him here. As long as SE doesn't have good crossers, then Paul is pointless for SE. We need to try another striker in the absence of osimehn i.e maja, kayode and iheancho. Paul has gotten numerous chances and hasn't impressed

Then change the game to suit him

With two wingers

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 12:12am On Dec 12, 2020
robosky02:

Then change the game to suit him

With two wingers
we cannot change our style for someone scoring at belgium league. If na la liga, we for understand

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 2:24am On Dec 12, 2020
Lovely Tough talking from Amuneke!!;

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 2:42am On Dec 12, 2020
1realBobby:
watching Anderlecth vs genk at the moment

and all i can see is that Onuachu cannot play alone up front. He looks clueless and lost whenever he is played as a lone striker. I believe that has been his issue in the super eagles.

I don't know why this genk coach decided to play him alone up front today, but it is definitely not working out.. He is this type of one-two player... He can't hold the ball at all, so he thrives when he has someone to quickly pass the ball to, he moves into good space, gets the ball back and scores. His finishing is actually top notch.

The coach had to bring in Cyriel dessers late in the second half, to assist him up front.

I believe a combo of Paul Onuachu and Victor Osimhen should do the trick in the super eagles... Victor could be the key to unlocking the beastly form of Paul Onuachu in the super eagles. We can't have such a deadly finisher and leave him to rot, just because he can't play alone up front.

i mentioned it before that he is too limited as a forward. Most modern forwards can play as a lone striker.
But we can use him sometimes not all the time.
not all coaches will like him cause of his limitations

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:45am On Dec 12, 2020
daveP:
Lovely Tough talking from Amuneke!!;
Where? What did he say
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 4:45am On Dec 12, 2020
NAIRALAND NIGERIAN FOOTBALL FANS (NNFF) AWARDS 2020: VOTING

AWARDS CATEGORIES:

1. Nigerian Player of the Year:

✓Victor Osimhen

2. NPFL player of the Year:

✓Ifeanyi Anamena

3. Most Impactful New Inclusion (2020):

✓Zaidu Sanusi

4. Best Ogedengbe Super Eagles Best Goal Keeper of the Year:

✓Maduka Okoye

5. Stephen Keshi Best Defender of the Year:

✓Leon Balogun

6. Samuel Okwaraji Best Midfielder of the Year:

✓Alex Iwobi

7. Rashidi Yekini Best Attacking player of the Year:

✓Samuel Chukwueze

8. Most improved player (2020):

✓Leon Balogun

9. Young Player of the Year (U-21):

✓Maduka Okoye

10. Super Eagles Goal of the Year:
✓Chukwueze for 4:0 vs Sierra-Leone

11. Best assist of the Year:

✓Musa to Iheanacho for 1:0 vs Tunisia

Cc: Bascovanveli, Thegoodjoe, ThesuperNerd, Andrewbaba44, Icon4s.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Alfryd: 5:34am On Dec 12, 2020
Chelsea-Owned Striker With Caps For England Youth Commits International Future To Nigeria Published: December 12, 2020

Allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report that the Super Eagles are in line to welcome a new addition to their team in the coming months with Chelsea-owned striker Ike Ugbo committing his international future to Nigeria. As previously reported by this website more than two years ago, the Nigerian Federation are already familiar with Ugbo having held secret talks with the striker at the Super Eagles Crowne Plaza Hotel Ealing ahead of a pre-World Cup friendly with Serbia to gauge his interest in representing the Nigerian national teams.

Ugbo has now made it clear his international future lies with Nigeria though he also qualifies to represent his country of birth, England as well as world champions France. The 22-year-old feels he's more connected to Nigeria than France and England because because many of his friends are Nigerians and the rest have African background. This week, the Cercle Brugge star started the process of filing a one-time change of association which is necessary as he previously played competitive matches for England U17 national team, and he's hoping the paperwork is completed before Nigeria's AFCON qualifiers with Benin and Lesotho. Ugbo has been in fine form in the last sixteen months, scoring 21 goals combined for Roda JC and Cercle Brugge.
The Nigerian Federation managed to convince and cap-tie the likes of Alex Iwobi, Ola Aina, Victor Moses and Shola Ameobi after they featured for England youth teams and Ugbo is set to follow suit.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 5:55am On Dec 12, 2020
1realBobby:

and all i can see is that Onuachu cannot play alone up front. He looks clueless and lost whenever he is played as a lone striker. I believe that has been his issue in the super eagles.

I don't know why this genk coach decided to play him alone up front today, but it is definitely not working out.. He is this type of one-two player... He can't hold the ball at all, so he thrives when he has someone to quickly pass the ball to, he moves into good space, gets the ball back and scores. His finishing is actually top notch.

The coach had to bring in Cyriel dessers late in the second half, to assist him up front.

I believe a combo of Paul Onuachu and Victor Osimhen should do the trick in the super eagles... Victor could be the key to unlocking the beastly form of Paul Onuachu in the super eagles. We can't have such a deadly finisher and leave him to rot, just because he can't play alone up front.
how was Paul Mukairu performance?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 8:15am On Dec 12, 2020
Edopesin: 4:13pm On Dec 10
1. Nigerian Player of the Year:
✓Victor Osimhen

2. NPFL player of the Year:
✓Ndifreke Udoh

3. Most Impactful New Inclusion (2020):
✓Zaidu Sanusi

4. Best Ogedengbe Super Eagles Best Goal Keeper of the Year:
✓Maduka Okoye

5. Stephen Keshi Best Defender of the Year:
✓Leon Balogun

6. Samuel Okwaraji Best Midfielder of the Year:
✓Joe Aribo

7. Rashidi Yekini Best Attacking player of the Year:
✓Victor Osimhen

8. Most improved player (2020):
✓Kelechi Iheanacho

9. Young Player of the Year (U-21):
✓Samuel Chukwueze

10. Super Eagles Goal of the Year:
✓Iwobi 3:0 vs Sierra-Leone

11. Best assist of the Year:
✓Osimhen to Chukwueze for 4:0 vs Sierra-Leone.

Cc: Thegoodjoe, ThesuperNerd, Bascovanveli, Andrewbaba44, Icon4s.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:52am On Dec 12, 2020
Ndidi doing Ndidi things

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 10:33am On Dec 12, 2020
1realBobby:

Good analysis.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Noahu: 10:42am On Dec 12, 2020
1realBobby:

Onuachu isn't the kind of striker that can play against a high profile team with solid defense! Very simple. At the bolded, he's naturally awful in holding onto the ball, and that alone disqualifies him. I prefer Dessers to Onauchu any day anytime.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JayromWrites: 11:06am On Dec 12, 2020
Noahu:

Onuachu isn't the kind of striker that can play against a high profile team with solid defense! Very simple. At the bolded, he's naturally awful in holding onto the ball, and that alone disqualifies him. i prefer Dessers to Onauchu any day anytime.

G. Rohr

Genk head coach

All professional coaches will laugh at you

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 11:47am On Dec 12, 2020
Noahu:

Onuachu isn't the kind of striker that can play against a high profile team with solid defense! Very simple. At the bolded, he's naturally awful in holding onto the ball, and that alone disqualifies him. I prefer Dessers to Onauchu any day anytime.

How could a 7ft giant not hold up to the ball? This is baffling

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 12:07pm On Dec 12, 2020
Myvote

.victor osimhen

2.Ndifreke udoh

3.zaidu sanusi

4Maduka Okoye

5.Leon Balogun

6.Alex iwobi

7.Victor Osimhen

8.Leon Balogun

9.Samuel chukwueze

10.Chukwueze 4:0 vs sierra Leone

11.Sanusi to Osimhen 2:0 sierra Leone

Cc: Bascovanveli, andrewbaba44, thesupernerd, thegoodjoe, icon4s
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 2:24pm On Dec 12, 2020
Grealish is a player on and off the pitch wink

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 3:24pm On Dec 12, 2020
Ajayi starts for West Brom

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 4:02pm On Dec 12, 2020
This West Brom team is one of the worst to have ever played in the Premier league, Gosh!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 4:10pm On Dec 12, 2020
Ajayi is having a nightmare
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 4:51pm On Dec 12, 2020
Subzero047:
Ajayi is having a nightmare

Not just a nightmare, the whole team, save the keeper had been shit, especially that guy who shot without target, if not it would had been two one, for WB

Infact they don't have a striker
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 5:10pm On Dec 12, 2020
do4luv14:

Not just a nightmare, the whole team, save the keeper had been shit, especially that guy who shot without target, if not it would had been two one, for WB

According to allnigeriasoccer.com club brugge have lowered the price of Emmanuel Dennis. West brom are interested in him. He could go in January and help them in attack now that his price is affordable
Two things come to mind
How good is he
What of work permit issues
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 6:08pm On Dec 12, 2020
Michael Olise scored

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 6:18pm On Dec 12, 2020
jihday:
Where? What did he say
About the NFF Job. Being an asst to Rohr when they are different alonlg in philosophy.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tolulopefinest(m): 6:18pm On Dec 12, 2020
Taiwo Awoniyi starts against Bayern Munich cheesy

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Alfryd: 6:37pm On Dec 12, 2020
Flying Eagles Crash Out Of 2021 U-20 AFCON

Nigeria’s U-20 men’s team, Flying Eagles, have crashed out of the WAFU B Zonal qualifiers holding in Porto Novo, Benin Republic, Completesports.com reports. The Flying Eagles have now missed the chance to be at next year’s U-20 AFCON in Mauritania. Their elimination was confirmed after Cote d’Ivoire defeated Ghana 1-0 in Group B’s last fixture on Saturday.
The Flying Eagles needed Ghana to beat Cote d’Ivoire by a wide margin to stand a chance of qualifying for the semi-finals of the WAFU B Zonal qualifiers.
In their first game the Nigerian side played 1-1 with Cote d’Ivoire before losing 1-0 to Ghana. After two rounds of games played by the three countries, Cote d’Ivoire top the group on four points, Ghana second on three points and the Flying Eagles third on one point. Following Saturday’s result Ghana and Cote d’Ivoire advance into the last four while the Ladan Bosso-led side are out.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 6:45pm On Dec 12, 2020
do4luv14:

Well his wing was exploited severally by the Newcastle wingers
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:52pm On Dec 12, 2020
Alfryd:
Flying Eagles Crash Out Of
2021 U-20 AFCON

Nigeria’s U-20 men’s team, Flying Eagles, have
crashed out of the WAFU B Zonal qualifiers
holding in Porto Novo, Benin Republic,
Completesports.com reports.
The Flying Eagles have now missed the chance to
be at next year’s U-20 AFCON in Mauritania.
Their elimination was confirmed after Cote d’Ivoire
defeated Ghana 1-0 in Group B’s last fixture on
Saturday.

The Flying Eagles needed Ghana to beat Cote
d’Ivoire by a wide margin to stand a chance of
qualifying for the semi-finals of the WAFU B Zonal
qualifiers.

In their first game the Nigerian side played 1-1
with Cote d’Ivoire before losing 1-0 to Ghana.
After two rounds of games played by the three
countries, Cote d’Ivoire top the group on four
points, Ghana second on three points and the
Flying Eagles third on one point.
Following Saturday’s result Ghana and Cote
d’Ivoire advance into the last four while the Ladan
Bosso-led side are out.

Our football is in a horrible place right now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 6:57pm On Dec 12, 2020
Tolulopefinest:
Taiwo Awoniyi starts against Bayern Munich cheesy
Good for him to be a starter and facing Bayern Munich should give him more confidence.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 7:04pm On Dec 12, 2020
Awoniyi missing two 1 on 1s in a game of this magnitude saddens me.

He did so well to cave out those chances for himself.

He put Alaba flat on the ground with an exquisite piece of skill to cave out one of those chances.

I couldn't believe my eyes seeing the ball narrowly missing the target with only the keeper to beat!

That would have been the highlight of the week!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:28pm On Dec 12, 2020
The Leopard stalking its prey grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 7:40pm On Dec 12, 2020
Subzero047:

Well his wing was exploited severally by the Newcastle wingers

Why won't Newcastle exploited his wing, what was his side milderfielder and winger doing to help him,

I watch with dismay the way they leave him open,

I got pissed off after firsthalf,

BTW what was the final scoreline, I pippin on 1-1
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 7:43pm On Dec 12, 2020
Subzero047:
The Leopard stalking its prey grin

Remind me of Newcastle and WBA, Ajayi would had collect a needless yellow, if he had join that drama earlier

(1) (2) (3) ... (10108) (10109) (10110) (10111) (10112) (10113) (10114) ... (16237) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: foxman04, Isahalbash(m), elyte89 and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.