Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10204) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11653033 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10201) (10202) (10203) (10204) (10205) (10206) (10207) ... (16147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:45am On Feb 01, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

Very true Basco. He needs the game time. The two Huesca coaches that have since come just hasn't given him that. And when he did play a few times, he was decent for them. The first reports that came out mentioned Logrones and a Belgian Topflight Side. But Alcorcon it is.
It's not like Huesca are doing any better without him. Lol

Exactly, they will be in the second division next season grin as long as Kelechi will play at his new club I believe this is a good thing.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Arabiandude: 9:58am On Feb 01, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

Exactly, they will be in the second division next season grin as long as Kelechi will play at his new club I believe this is a good thing.
What if he still ends up been benched by his new club?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 11:25am On Feb 01, 2021
Lorient vs PSG Match highlights. Moffi took his goal very well also had an assist. According to commentary Moffi is the first player in Lorient history to score in 5 consecutive games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8gGBfwRaLY&feature=onebox

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:47am On Feb 01, 2021
the guy is similar to lukaku. 9ja got ballers
chrisooblog:
Lorient vs PSG Match highlights. Moffi took his goal very well also had an assist. According to commentary Moffi is the first player in Lorient history to score in 5 consecutive games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8gGBfwRaLY&feature=onebox
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:57am On Feb 01, 2021
na now una eye clear abi grin
tbaba1234:
Nwakali has been loaned out to a second division side. I think it is time to accept that he will not reach his 2015 potential
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:01pm On Feb 01, 2021
Allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report that Fulham are aiming to sign Nigeria international Josh Maja before the close of the winter transfer market.

Negotiations between the Cottagers and French Ligue 1 outfit Bordeaux are at an advanced stage and the striker would be joining the Premier League side on loan for the remainder of the 2020-2021 season if an agreement is reached.

Maja was a non-playing substitute for Bordeaux in their latest league match against Olympique Lyon ahead of a possible departure from Les Girondins.

Maja's agent, Emeka Obasi of Elite Project Group has close ties with Fulham, brokering the deals that took Ola and Jordan Aina to the club in the summer transfer window, and also used to look after RB Leipzig loanee Ademola Lookman.

London-born Maja could be returning for a second spell at Fulham as he spent his formative years as a footballer with the club before transferring to Sunderland, for whom he scored 17 goals in 49 appearances.

The 22-year-old has a contract with Bordeaux until the end of the 2022-2023 season.

Maja made his senior debut for Nigeria in an international friendly against Ukraine in September 2019, coming off the bench to replace Victor Osimhen in the closing minutes.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:03pm On Feb 01, 2021

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tamunotonye22(m): 12:32pm On Feb 01, 2021
12large1:
You see why I don't rate any of these weak leagues. A player like osimehn was tearing belgium/france week in and out. All of a sudden, you put him at a World class league and he is found wanting

in essence, you mean ligue 1 is actually the farmers league?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tamunotonye22(m): 12:48pm On Feb 01, 2021
[quote author=TheSuperNerd post=98617199]No matter how many new years we all see, we will keep seeing funny takes like this one. grin

Osimhen scored in his very last game for Napoli before his injury. Osimhen have not been found wanting in all the games he featured in for Napoli before his Shoulder Injury which was sustained while on duty for the Country.

Now he returns after 2 months and 11 days and you expect what?? Have you ever had your shoulder removed from its socket before? I know I have personally experienced such and I know it won't be easy making a speedy comeback. So his Comeback will be gradual and his return to top shape will take a little more time.

Please, try to speak with a bit more awareness of the situation next time unless you are just another attention seeking monicker. Merci.

out of a whooping 19 games, osimhen has appeared in 6 scoring 2!, missed 10 games due to injury. I really don't think he's bad. and I don't think there's any coach that would buy any sort of player at that exorbitant amount and decide to drop them on the bench. I think gattuso loves him. in as much as we want him to perform like moffi or onuachu, we should just support him because he's still OSIMHEN
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:14pm On Feb 01, 2021
Arabiandude:

Your wahala no too much grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:15pm On Feb 01, 2021
Hello guys.
I wouldn't normally have done this,but I suppose that a problem shared is a problem (half) solved, and frankly speaking,this is my last resort.

I'm currently in dire need of financial assistance and would like to table my situation to the house in case anyone would be willing to help out.
Overtime,I have regarded this thread as a second home and I enjoy the discussion we have here regularly irrespective of my difference with some members here..
I decided to use my real moniker so as not to come off as a fraudster.

Here's the issue:
I graduated from university late in 2019 and was supposed to join the first batch of NYSC in 2020. But around February of last year when my school started clearance, my family took a huge financial hit. My dad is a retired civil servant with some business here and there but with little return at the moment and government haven't paying a damn of his pension for months now. So I entirely missed the clearance and NYSC 2020 batch A. Then the lockdown and things went from bad to worse. It was quite hard for me to secure a job and the one I got was paying peanuts..
Now that ASUU strike is over and schools have reopened,I need to go back to school this week to finish my clearance. The next NYSC batch would be deployed very soon,likely around March and failure to do the clearance would mean I have to wait much further for the next batch.
The issue I'm having is that I don't have the means to pay the fee at the moment. NYSC have started collaring Senate list from schools to confirm eligibility to register for the next batch.
Please I don't want to risk missing it and having to wait for another few months.
I believe the NYSC scheme would afford me some opportunities to get my life back on track.
The clearance fee in total is Thirty thousand Naira!.

Would really appreciate it if you guys can help me out with any token...

PS: If anyone needs evidence of my studentship status,I would gladly present it...

CC: Thesupernerd, icon4s, Komekn, andrewbaba444, Bascovanveli, Odunayaw,jhiday, charlesemeka85, chrisooblog,Kellycute, tbaba1234 and other distinguished members of the thread..

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Arabiandude: 1:17pm On Feb 01, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Your wahala no too much grin
Na question I ask oh because no one loved the both Nwakalis more than me but overtime they have proved me wrong, so I don remove my hands from their matter and, though I am not God, but I don't see them excelling to the hight we envisaged for them. Either because they have shown to be unserious, or family/foundation juju they worry them
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:31pm On Feb 01, 2021
charlesemeka85:
na now una eye clear abi grin

Food don set for emeka self cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:51pm On Feb 01, 2021
Send me a mail Dan. It's well.

Danielnino00:
Hello guys.
I wouldn't normally have done this,but I suppose that a problem shared is a problem (half) solved, and frankly speaking,this is my last resort.

I'm currently in dire need of financial assistance and would like to table my situation to the house in case anyone would be willing to help out.
Overtime,I have regarded this thread as a second home and I enjoy the discussion we have here regularly irrespective of my difference with some members here..
I decided to use my real moniker so as not to come off as a fraudster.

Here's the issue:
I graduated from university late in 2019 and was supposed to join the first batch of NYSC in 2020. But around February of last year when my school started clearance, my family took a huge financial hit. My dad is a retired civil servant with some business here and there but with little return at the moment and government haven't paying a damn of his pension for months now. So I entirely missed the clearance and NYSC 2020 batch A. Then the lockdown and things went from bad to worse. It was quite hard for me to secure a job and the one I got was paying peanuts..
Now that ASUU strike is over and schools have reopened,I need to go back to school this week to finish my clearance. The next NYSC batch would be deployed very soon,likely around March and failure to do the clearance would mean I have to wait much further for the next batch.
The issue I'm having is that I don't have the means to pay the fee at the moment. NYSC have started collaring Senate list from schools to confirm eligibility to register for the next batch.
Please I don't want to risk missing it and having to wait for another few months.
I believe the NYSC scheme would afford me some opportunities to get my life back on track.
The clearance fee in total is Thirty thousand Naira!.

Would really appreciate it if you guys can help me out with any token...

PS: If anyone needs evidence of my studentship status,I would gladly present it...

CC: Thesupernerd, icon4s, Komekn, andrewbaba444, Bascovanveli, Odunayaw,jhiday, charlesemeka85, chrisooblog,Kellycute, tbaba1234 and other distinguished members of the thread..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:57pm On Feb 01, 2021
Exactly the scenario that the Anti-Nwakali "I told you so" crew are waiting for. grin

But then read this... Source is Marca.

Nwakali arrives at Alcorcón

The 22-year-old midfielder arrives on loan until the end of the season from Huesca. He is a footballer who is well known by Emilio Vega , Alcorcón's sports director and with a past in the Huesca club, although he arrived at the Alto Aragonese entity when Vega had already left. The player becomes the third reinforcement of Alcorcón for this winter market, after Dani Ojeda and Carlos Embalo .

He was one of the footballers that Anquela liked the most as an option for his midfield . The Jaen coach was looking for a footballer of his profile, and now Nwakali will fight for a place in the eleven with Richard Boateng, Hugo Fraile and Álvaro Juan , the other three options for the playmaker.

Another attack option This is a player with a clear offensive vocation. He is skilled and fast, has good dribbling and reaches the rival area with ease. In addition to playing the midfielder, he can also play inside, further behind and on either side.

Arabiandude:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:01pm On Feb 01, 2021
Y
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:11pm On Feb 01, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Send me a mail Dan. It's well.
Done bro.. Thank you so much.. God bless you..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:12pm On Feb 01, 2021
ChrisKels:

Send me a WhatsApp message on 08131081537

Will do so ASAP..
thank you Chris... And welcome back...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:18pm On Feb 01, 2021
Awaiting your reply. Already sent mine.

Danielnino00:

Done bro..
Thank you so much..
God bless you..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:22pm On Feb 01, 2021
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
andrewbaba44:

Food don set for emeka self cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 2:22pm On Feb 01, 2021
Karlovic:
I know it's true in most cases, I just felt that both of them lost focus after signing for EPL clubs and their agents was not capable of getting good deals for them afterwards.
I think Nwakali isn't just good enough while iheanacho lipsrsealed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 2:24pm On Feb 01, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Food don set for that Warri guy wey Dey Uk

cheesy cheesy
cheesy Una no go hear word for here, I'm sure he's just waiting for the right time before he start to drag Osimhen
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:20pm On Feb 01, 2021
charlesemeka85:
Allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report that Fulham are aiming to sign Nigeria international Josh Maja before the close of the winter transfer market.

Negotiations between the Cottagers and French Ligue 1 outfit Bordeaux are at an advanced stage and the striker would be joining the Premier League side on loan for the remainder of the 2020-2021 season if an agreement is reached.

Maja was a non-playing substitute for Bordeaux in their latest league match against Olympique Lyon ahead of a possible departure from Les Girondins.

Maja's agent, Emeka Obasi of Elite Project Group has close ties with Fulham, brokering the deals that took Ola and Jordan Aina to the club in the summer transfer window, and also used to look after RB Leipzig loanee Ademola Lookman.

London-born Maja could be returning for a second spell at Fulham as he spent his formative years as a footballer with the club before transferring to Sunderland, for whom he scored 17 goals in 49 appearances.

The 22-year-old has a contract with Bordeaux until the end of the 2022-2023 season.

Maja made his senior debut for Nigeria in an international friendly against Ukraine in September 2019, coming off the bench to replace Victor Osimhen in the closing minutes.
I will be happy if the deal goes through.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:23pm On Feb 01, 2021
jihday:
I think Nwakali isn't just good enough while iheanacho lipsrsealed
grin grin Iheanacho's priority now is his pension.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:31pm On Feb 01, 2021
jihday:
His supporters will still come and argue with you

It's not that Tbaba doesn't know his stuff but he is too fast to judgement. We went through this already with Victor Osimhen

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 3:41pm On Feb 01, 2021
Karlovic:
grin grin Iheanacho's priority now is his pension.
Iheanacho showed last season, that when you have confidence in him, he will Score. My respect and adulation increased for him last season.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:48pm On Feb 01, 2021
12large1:

Iheanacho showed last season, that when you have confidence in him, he will Score. My respect and adulation increased for him last season.
The reality is that he is not getting game time at Leicester, he should read the writing on the wall and jump ship to a club where he will be playing regularly. Players with ambition don't behave the way he is doing, he is at an age where needs to be active on the field of play.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 3:52pm On Feb 01, 2021
In a 442 formation Osimhen and sir dick Umar is going to be devastating for our opponents

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joxxy01(m): 4:20pm On Feb 01, 2021
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 4:26pm On Feb 01, 2021
zuchyblink:
In a 442 formation Osimhen and sir dick Umar is going to be devastating for our opponents

Moffi nkor?. I think he is a brilliant finisher too
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 4:32pm On Feb 01, 2021
joxxy01:
https://www.completesports.com/ademola-lookman-and-seven-others-cleared-by-fifa-to-play-for-the-super-eagles/

We don't even know which news to believe again. I just read Pinnick say that only Ovie Ejaria has been cleared by FIFA to play for Nigeria because Ovie's written document for the switch reached his table and that he cannot say for others until he sees their papers
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joxxy01(m): 4:50pm On Feb 01, 2021
solonnachi:

We don't even know which news to believe again. I just read Pinnick say that only Ovie Ejaria has been cleared by FIFA to play for Nigeria because Ovie's written document for the switch reached his table and that he cannot say for others until he sees their papers
however i still believe this news to be true... since its from CSN

(1) (2) (3) ... (10201) (10202) (10203) (10204) (10205) (10206) (10207) ... (16147) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Meliforme and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.