Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,134 members, 7,849,552 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:28 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10208) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11857913 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10205) (10206) (10207) (10208) (10209) (10210) (10211) ... (16248) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:47am On Feb 02, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Believe me when I say CIV wouldn't even survive our own firepower quick enough to be able to make theirs count. We are just better and that cannot be overlooked.

CIV didn't have an inept Rohr but didn't go as far as Rohr did with Nigeria at the last major tournament. Not saying Rohr is great. Bit he did outdo CIV's so called "competent mind". wink

They don't match us in attack on the overall. We are better. In midfield, we are better.

Central attacking options. NGA >>>> CIV. Their first choice is not even better than Nigeria's Third choice.

Wing options. NGA = CIV.

Midfield. NGA >>>> CIV

Defence. NGA = CIV.

GK (Last line of defence). Their own dey TP Mazembe or so... We have two fine stoppers in Europe playing regularly. He may be experienced but ours are young and talented. But if we talking experience vs experience... Then maybe Akpeyi of Kaizer Chiefs can be brought up. grin

Bros be calming down, your eyes go soon open grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:47am On Feb 02, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Believe me when I say CIV wouldn't even survive our own firepower quick enough to be able to make theirs count. We are just better and that cannot be overlooked.

CIV didn't have an inept Rohr but didn't go as far as Rohr did with Nigeria at the last major tournament. Not saying Rohr is great. Bit he did outdo CIV's so called "competent mind". wink

They don't match us in attack on the overall. We are better. In midfield, we are better.

Central attacking options. NGA >>>> CIV. Their first choice is not even better than Nigeria's Third choice.

Wing options. NGA = CIV.

Midfield. NGA >>>> CIV

Defence. NGA = CIV.

GK (Last line of defence). Their own dey TP Mazembe or so... We have two fine stoppers in Europe playing regularly. He may be experienced but ours are young and talented. But if we talking experience vs experience... Then maybe Akpeyi of Kaizer Chiefs can be brought up. grin

Agreed... the bolded sef is debatable.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 10:51am On Feb 02, 2021
i like Sadiq and I suspect you are right that he trumps Abraham in those areas you highlighted but I would have to see how he performs at a higher level such as La Liga before we start saying Umar is better than Tammy. Whether we like Tammy or not he has proven himself as a Premier League grade striker so let's wait for Umar to distinguish himself at a higher level.

ChrisKels:

Sadiq trumps Tammy in so many ways, such, as; dribbles, hold up play, spatial prowess and play making. Sadiq's close control trumps those of many elite strikers in the top five leagues, here Tammy doesn't come close, not even an inch. Pair Sadiq with Werner, just the way he is most times paired with Tammy, and see Werner tearing nets - such is his(Sadiq's) quality and influence as a number 9

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:52am On Feb 02, 2021
mostob:
it is not even about big names alone. What about the team DEPTH?

Depth wey no Dey useful or can even win games no be depth
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:52am On Feb 02, 2021
chrisooblog:
grin grin grin grin grin

which CIV will make you pee in your pants? Pepe!? how many Ivorian strikers are on fire this season? Zaha that i rate sef he blows hot and cold.

Overall the Ivorians have a decent squad. with good coaching they can go far but i'm most definitely not looking at them and feeling intimidated.

I wish Rohr could be this bold, but no he is a weakling
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:53am On Feb 02, 2021
Open for wia again? Rohr has done the most abominable already. Losing a 4-0 lead at home to small Sierra Leone is still unforgivable in my books even if he goes on to win a World cup (which won't happen with him anyway).

But to tell me that CIV trumps us while only focusing on the fact that we have Rohr instead of focusing on the comparative talent depth of both sides and even their forms in recent seasons shows that your Ivorian Babe's kisses dey affect your optic Chiasma when it comes to Naija. grin One kiss and Chris go dey rap in Pepe. Lol

ChrisKels:

Bros be calming down, your eyes go soon open grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:57am On Feb 02, 2021
chrisooblog:
i like Sadiq and I suspect you are right that he trumps Abraham in those areas you highlighted but I would have to see how he performs at a higher level such as La Liga before we start saying Umar is better than Tammy. Whether we like Tammy or not he has proven himself as a Premier League grade striker so let's wait for Umar to distinguish himself at a higher level.

Proved himself due to nepotism and favouritism from an English coach?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:57am On Feb 02, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Depth wey no Dey useful or can even win games no be depth
Abi now. Their first eleven maybe string but their backups is not as good .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 10:58am On Feb 02, 2021
abeg he's just a poor poor player nothing like Xavi anything

andrewbaba44:

This is what you have been saying for years but they are yet to chop many teams grin

Michael seri is just a very very poor man xavi grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:58am On Feb 02, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Open for wia again? Rohr has done the most abominable already. Losing a 4-0 lead at home to small Sierra Leone is still unforgivable in my books even if he goes on to win a World cup (which won't happen with him anyway).

But to tell me that CIV trumps us while only focusing on the fact that we have Rohr instead of focusing on the comparative talent depth of both sides and even their forms in recent seasons shows that your Ivorian Babe's kisses dey affect your optic Chiasma when it comes to Naija. grin One kiss and Chris go dey rap in Pepe. Lol

Hahahahaha grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:03am On Feb 02, 2021
chrisooblog:

As in eh... The thing do me to find Andy land am one knock! How dare you call Seri Poor man's Xavi?

When one looks at Xavi and aims lower for lower grade versions... Seri won't even be on the menu!!! Haba!!!!

Andy take ya time!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 11:04am On Feb 02, 2021
whatever you call it he has sha done something. Let's see Sadiq in La Liga first before we make any definitive judgment.

ChrisKels:

Proved himself due to nepotism and favouritism from an English coach?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:05am On Feb 02, 2021
chrisooblog:

I am wrong on that for sure

Remember when he was called the new xavi wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:06am On Feb 02, 2021
All you guys clamping down oma eulogies for the Ivorian array of super stars, I'm noting down your monikers for future references.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 11:08am On Feb 02, 2021
the person that dared to call Seri that was most definitely high.

andrewbaba44:

I am wrong on that for sure

Remember when he was called the new xavi wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:09am On Feb 02, 2021
chrisooblog:

You obviously didnt see Jean Michael Serious at Nice
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:10am On Feb 02, 2021
chrisooblog:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

When Barca wanted to buy him then

Dude was so good at nice thou
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:11am On Feb 02, 2021
ChrisKels:
All you guys clamping down oma eulogies for the Ivorian array of super stars, I'm noting down your monikers for future references.

cheesy cheesy

Baba no be today
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 11:11am On Feb 02, 2021
that's because I saw him at Fulham. You can also make excuses for Pepe and say I didn't see him at Lille

ChrisKels:

You defo didnt see Jean Michael Serious at Nice
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:13am On Feb 02, 2021
So, not even a single EPL goal for United before this guy was bundle back to China? But but he was living a dream undecided

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:16am On Feb 02, 2021
chrisooblog:
that's because I saw him at Fulham. You can also make excuses for Pepe and say I didn't see him at Lille

OK na, Una dey gang up against me, okwa ya? When the time is right, I sure gonna remind each and everyone of you your respective takes on this CIV squad. Today is 2-2-21
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:17am On Feb 02, 2021
ChrisKels:
So, not even a single EPL goal for United before this guy was bundle back to China? But but he was living a dream undecided

Bia nwanne

You better be careful there

No ighalo slander shall be accepted here grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:18am On Feb 02, 2021
I agree it is.

because if I break it down... Then we have the true picture.

CB options: We look kinda matched. CIV would throw in Boly and Bailly from the EPL. Nigeria would throw in Akpoguma and the incoming Jordan from the Bundesliga + Semi Ajayi in the EPL. Game on! grin

Other options: They have Diomande, Traore, Deli etc... mostly in Ligue 1 + Belgian league..

Nigeria's other options has: Awaziem from Portugal, Incoming Tosin from Fulham, Ekong of Watford, Balogun of Rangers.

LB options: None of the Ivorian LB/LWB options trump Zaidu. Be it Cornet or Ghislain Konan.

Felix Agu of Bremen is an option when we land him. Calvin of Rangers, Collins and Chima Okoroji are also there.

RB options: They have Aurier and Singo. We got Aina, Ebuehi (one of the best RBs in the Eredivisie) and Ehizibue in the Bundesliga.

So conclusively, I may say we are kinda both matched in defence overall or just slightly stronger depth-wise.

mostob:
Agreed... the bolded sef is debatable.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 11:18am On Feb 02, 2021
Guys with the switch of Ovie Ejaria confirmed by Pinnick how do you think he will fit tactically into our set up? what qualities does he have that you feel we currently lack? would walk straight into our starting XI?

would appreciate the house's expert opinion.

cc Goodjoe, Supernerd, Charlesemeka, Andrewbaba44, Icon, Chriskels, Jihday, Tbaba and anybody else.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:19am On Feb 02, 2021
ChrisKels:

OK na, Una dey gang up against me, okwa ya? When the time is right, I sure gonna remind each and everyone of you your respective takes on this CIV squad. Today is 2-2-21

So the time hasn’t been right for the past 3 years you have been singing about this Ivorians on our ears

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 11:23am On Feb 02, 2021
hmmm to be fair Cornet dey try sha saw his performance in last season's champions league.

Boly and Bailly are slightly better than our current CBs but not by much.

The rest spot on
TheSuperNerd:
I agree it is.

CB options: We look kinda matched. CIV would throw in Boly and Bailly from the EPL. Nigeria would throw in Akpoguma and the incoming Jordan from the Bundesliga + Semi Ajayi in the EPL. Game on! grin

Other options: They have Diomande, Traore, Deli etc... mostly in Ligue 1 + Belgian league..

Nigeria's other options has: Awaziem from Portugal, Incoming Tosin from Fulham, Ekong of Watford, Balogun of Rangers.

LB options: None of the Ivorian LB/LWB options trump Zaidu. Be it Cornet or Ghislain Konan.

Felix Agu of Bremen is an option when we land him. Calvin of Rangers, Collins and Chima Okoroji are also there.

RB options: They have Aurier and Singo. We got Aina, Ebuehi (one of the best RBs in the Eredivisie) and Ehizibue in the Bundesliga.

So conclusively, I may say we are kinda both matched in defence overall or just slightly stronger depth-wise.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:24am On Feb 02, 2021
ChrisKels:

No worry. This will be you again when CIV enter their underachiever mode as usual. You go come explain how if only Zaha had passed to Pepe... They would be in the Afcon Quarters.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 11:26am On Feb 02, 2021
what is your own? did Solskjaer complain to you? abeg free my guy make e enjoy the favor as a result of his labor grin

ChrisKels:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:31am On Feb 02, 2021
Yes. I also saw all of his games in the UCL. Fine player but just not better than the African Roadrunner.

And yes, It's a thin overlap between equally matched and Slightly better where Boly and Bailly are concerned in comparison to Nigeria's CB options(Capped & Uncapped). But in a combined Nigerian-Ivorian XI right now. I would not pair them. I would pair Bailly/Boly with Jordan. CIV don't have a better LCB than Jordan.
LB would be Zaidu and RB would likely be Aurier because of his pedigree and all. Not saying Aina/Ebuehi/Ehizibue won't give Aurier a good fight.

chrisooblog:
hmmm to be fair Cornet dey try sha saw his performance in last season's champions league.

Boly and Bailly are slightly better than our current CBs but not by much.

The rest spot on

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 11:40am On Feb 02, 2021
andrewbaba44:

So the time hasn’t been right for the past 3 years you have been singing about this Ivorians on our ears
lwkm! Andy which kain pix be this! Chai grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 12:09pm On Feb 02, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
I agree it is.

I think he will be a solid Bench player for Aribo, etebo or Iwobi until he proves himself. Honestly, the guy looks like our most impressive midfielder on "Youtube" but thats just YouTube. Leta see how he performs for 90 Minutes. For now, with the likes of Aribo, iwobi and Ejaria, Midfield creativity is the least of our problems. We need DM (back ups for ndidi) and some solid CB.

SE strength - strikers, Creative midfield, Wingers and fullback

SE weakness - CB.

Our best formation due to our strengths vs weakness should be a 352 attacking and 532 defending (my tuppence)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 12:13pm On Feb 02, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Nnamdi Ofoborh returns to Wycombe Wanderers on loan from Bournemouth for the rest of the 20/21 season.

Good good good

(1) (2) (3) ... (10205) (10206) (10207) (10208) (10209) (10210) (10211) ... (16248) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: kingphilip(m), samdolad(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.