Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10465) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11686499 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10462) (10463) (10464) (10465) (10466) (10467) (10468) ... (16156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:02pm On Apr 07, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Akpoguma over Boly. I never said Ekong over Bailly. Chris... You delight in lying and twisting just to push a silly narrative because it is only kids who do such. And you just said you are not one but I am beginning to doubt it with the ease you keep twisting words. Whoever said Ekong will make the Naija-CIV combined XI?? I never even called Balogun, it is now Ekong in the Championship??

I also said Aribo will play CM ahead of Seri. These are proper CMs and not a CDM like Kessie. Kessie was always paired with Ndidi and Kessie will sit for him. No caps. But in a double pivot, an Ndidi-Kessie combo is possible and indeed Aribo will make way.

No dey twist abeg.

It is a waste of time talking to one who keeps twisting the facts of one's statements. You are totally Ivorian obsessed. Carry on. grin

Now, you have started sounding like a broken record by denying your own words barely 14hours after you spewed them. Oh and you had to quickly edit your post to save face? grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 12:02pm On Apr 07, 2021
Neobulletzz:

Lol Ndidi better than Kante

You don go take gbana this morning cheesy
You can choose to make noise. However, stats correspond with what I say.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:04pm On Apr 07, 2021
And one has the higher ratings over four seasons. 4-0. Yikes. wink

Oasis001:

grin

Nerdy would pick out Stats that suit his Narrative and keeps it on replay mode until it crashes. Check the full stats of both Kessie and Ndidi below for this Season, it's easier to read that Kessie is solid CM while Ndidi is solid DM.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:05pm On Apr 07, 2021
iamdynamite:
the question is how many times did he played the CM position this season alone?and how is he the best CM in the serie A when he is not even a regular in that position..oga ooo

The koko is that he he a CM and has played there this season and he is better than Aribo as a CM

I didn’t say the best but among the best ,go and check the stats of others CM in seria A and get back to me

Finito.ng
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:06pm On Apr 07, 2021
Hian!!! Edit wetin?? With all the mentions I have replying? Bia Chris... These childish takes need to stop.

And you can clearly see that I said Akpoguma is just as good or could even better than Bailly or Boly. I never mentioned Ekong.

Check the other posts. Coz it seems I had time to edit them all while replying you lots and with my work here too.
Biko check them... Where did I say Ekong is better than either Ivorian center backs?

You just wanna score a point but you won't do that point. You have said it yourself a couple of times... I am very careful with words my good man. wink

ChrisKels:

Now, you have started sounding like a broken record by denying your own words barely 14hours after you spewed them. Oh and you had to quickly edit your post to save face? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:09pm On Apr 07, 2021
Oasis001:

grin

Nerdy would pick out Stats that suit his Narrative and keeps it on replay mode until it crashes. Check the full stats of both Kessie and Ndidi below for this Season, it's easier to read that Kessie is solid CM while Ndidi is solid DM.

No sane man will argue this. If I had Ndidi, Kessie and Aribo to chose two to fill up my DM and CM, there is no way I'm not choosing Ndidi DM and Kessie CM while I bin Aribo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:09pm On Apr 07, 2021
Was I mistaken to class Kessie as a DM seeing that he is both DM and CM and has been predominantly a DM for the past two seasons now including this one? Even with facts from the same site you ref?

Lol... Guy rest. Go lick more Ivorian V grin

ChrisKels:

No doubt about that, but at the emboldened, no Thesupernerd never makes mistakes grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:09pm On Apr 07, 2021
ChrisKels:

No sane man will argue this. If I had Ndidi, Kessie and Aribo to chose two to fill up my DM and CM, there is no way I'm not choosing Ndidi DM and Kessie CM while I bin Aribo

Some Arguments just don't worth it.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:10pm On Apr 07, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Hian!!! Edit wetin?? With all the mentions I have replying? Bia Chris... These childish takes need to stop.

And you can clearly see that I said Akpoguma is just as good or could even better than Bailly or Boly. I never mentioned Ekong.

Check the other posts. Coz it seems I had time to edit them all while replying you lots and with my work here too.
Biko check them... Where did I say Ekong is better than either Ivorian center backs?

You just wanna score a point but you won't do that point. You have said it yourself a couple of times... I am very careful with words my good man. wink

So Akpoguma is better than Boly and Baily?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:13pm On Apr 07, 2021
Read the screenshot you got again and stop repeating questions like a Child. grin

These your attempts to twist things and find something to pin on my original statements are very hilarious abeg. But I am watching. wink

ChrisKels:

So Akpoguma is better than Boly and Baily?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:14pm On Apr 07, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Was I mistaken to class Kessie as a DM seeing that he is both DM and CM and has been predominantly a DM for the past two seasons now including this one? Even with facts from the same site you ref?

Lol... Guy rest. Go lick more Ivorian V grin

Man I don't really find this licking of v funny, it is kinda crude and nauseating. U fit say make I go press bresss, tickle clit kiss which one be lick v wey fit get herpes, candida and scabies with my mouth cry stop with this licking of v, I no like am angry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:16pm On Apr 07, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
And one has the higher ratings over four seasons. 4-0. Yikes. wink

grin

Higher rating defensively, simply means he's doing a great Job as a Shield for Backline (DM). Offensively, Kessie edges him based on the Stats you roll out. This Argument doesn't worth it. How many Matches has Kessie played as DM compare to amount of Matches he played as a CM?

Is Rashford a ST or Winger if I may ask?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:18pm On Apr 07, 2021
ChrisKels:

Man I don't really find this licking of v funny, it is kinda crude and nauseating. U fit say make I go press bresss, tickle clit kiss which one be lick v wey fit get herpes and scabies with my mouth cry stop with this licking of v, I no like am angry

Hahahahahahahahahaa..... Chris don kill me oooo... Ahhhh... After naa, you go dey form bad guy in this game o kwa ya cheesy
So you no dey do reach that level sef... See ya head! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:20pm On Apr 07, 2021
maidaboi:
LOL

grin

Make I follow you play small. Who will you choose to play CF between Haaland and Osimhen. Just for fun.

Note: Haaland has poor record with National Team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:21pm On Apr 07, 2021
Higher Whoscored Rating for four seasons in a row. That's all.

Now rest. It was nice bringing up the stats you wanted to look at. grin

Meanwhile, Ejoor, Abeg make una pity me, I get serious work now. I no wan come back see boku mentions. grin

Oasis001:

grin

Higher rating defensively, simply means he's doing a great Job as a Shield for Backline (DM). Offensively, Kessie edges him based on the Stats you roll out. This Argument doesn't worth it. How many Matches has Kessie played as DM compare to amount of Matches he played as a CM?

Is Rashford a ST or Winger if I may ask?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 12:21pm On Apr 07, 2021
I love this grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:24pm On Apr 07, 2021
Pound for pound - Senegal/Nigeria combined 11

Mane.........................Osimhen.......................Sarr

..................................Iwobi.......................................

....................Ndidi...................Gueye........................

Zaidu..............Diallo.......Koulibaly..........Ebuehi......

..................................Mendy.....................................

5 Nigerians and 6 Senegals, no sentiments combined 11. Funny enough, as squad studded as Senegal is our combined elem has no major difference because I could throw in Chuks ahead of Sarr. They can only boast of a a better dept.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:27pm On Apr 07, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

Hahahahahahahahahaa..... Chris don kill me oooo... Ahhhh... After naa, you go dey form bad guy in this game o kwa ya cheesy
So you no dey do reach that level sef... See ya head! grin

Hahahahahahaha shit is irritating. No matter how neat, I ain't in for that. Gush, can't even imagine it tufiakwa embarassed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 12:28pm On Apr 07, 2021
Oasis001:

grin

Make I follow you play small. Who will you choose to play CF between Haaland and Osimhen. Just for fun.

Note: Haaland has poor record with National Team.
LOL I am pro Osimhen
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:31pm On Apr 07, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Higher Whoscored Rating for four seasons in a row. That's all.

Now rest. It was nice bringing up the stats you wanted to look at. grin

Meanwhile, Ejoor, Abeg make una pity me, I get serious work now. I no wan come back see boku mentions. grin

grin

Wish you success at work.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:36pm On Apr 07, 2021
maidaboi:
LOL I am pro Osimhen

grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 12:38pm On Apr 07, 2021
ChrisKels:
Pound for pound - Senegal/Nigeria combined 11

Mane.........................Osimhen.......................Sarr

..................................Iwobi.......................................

....................Ndidi...................Gueye........................

Zaidu..............Diallo.......Koulibaly..........Ebuehi......

..................................Mendy.....................................

5 Nigerians and 6 Senegals, no sentiments combined 11. Funny enough, as squad studded as Senegal is our combined elem has no major difference because I could throw in Chuks ahead of Sarr. They can only boast of a a better dept.
can you do a combine three of senegal, civ and Nigeria
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:43pm On Apr 07, 2021
maidaboi:
can you do a combine three of senegal, civ and Nigeria

I no do again, I just read something that messed up my mood angry

https://www.nairaland.com/6494874/woman-survived-ebonyi-herdsmen-attack
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:56pm On Apr 07, 2021
Oasis001:

These are facts. I read a Poster that said Chuks is far better than Saka, I was like - wuz goin on ere. Chuks has great Potentials as Saka. He can be a world class Winger if he buckles up. I like him a lot, but he needs work on his play.

On the right wing Chukwueze is a no brainier.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:58pm On Apr 07, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

On the right wing Chukwueze is a no brainier.

As In?!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 1:01pm On Apr 07, 2021
ChrisKels:

I no do again, I just read something that messed up my mood angry

https://www.nairaland.com/6494874/woman-survived-ebonyi-herdsmen-attack
Just sad
We in southern Kaduna can relate
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:53pm On Apr 07, 2021
Chriskels and Supernerd una too like argument grin grin grin

On the Kessie/Ndidi comparison no doubt Wilfred trumps Franck in the DM aspects of the game but the truth is Kessie is more of an CM or CDM. Look at this example Chelsea has Jorginho and Kante. On paper you might call both of them DMF but in reality it's only Kante that fits that bill while Jorginho is more of a conductor controlling the game from the base of the midfield. Think of a Alonso/Busquet comparison then you will get what I'm saying.

Even though the position map showed Kessie's position as mostly DM my question would be what type of DM was he? A look at his defensive stats I suspect would be quite low compared to Ndidi so that leads me to suggest it's his passing and ability to retain possession is probably why he gets deployed in the DM role. Like Gundogan for Man City in previous seasons, Jorginho for Chelsea, Partey for Arsenal etc.

Ndidi I noticed was initially your classic DM like Makalele, Roy Keane and Kante but over the past two seasons his game has matured even further. While retaining elite attributes of a world class DM he's beginning to add qualities of a good CMF which you need to survive in today's modern game. His passing is getting to if not already elite level his creativity is fast improving reflected in the number of assists he has so far notched up this season.

So for the purpose of this debate I wouldn't say Kessie and Ndidi are in competition for one spot because their game differs.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:02pm On Apr 07, 2021
The bold is debatable. Yes Aurier might trump Aina and Ebuehi in an attacking sense but I'm not sure he doesn't beats them defensively. At least I can beat my chest that he's not better than tyronne in that regard.

For the right wing based on stats Pepe would probably start not that I rate him. Chukwueze needs to improve substantially in that role.

ChrisKels:

Stop deceiving some guys who do not keenly follow African football. Kessie is a CM not DM. So, it is Kessie over Aribo. Ndidi battles Sangare and fit again Jean Gbamin of Everton.

Zaidu >> Singo and makeshift Cornet

Aurier >> all our RBs

Baily >> Ekong, Awaziem

Boly >> Balogun, Akpoguma

Ndidi >> Sangare and Gbamin on DM

Kessie >> Aribo in CM

Zaha >> all our LWGs

Pepe = Chucks. But in dept, Amad(Man United) and Hamed(Sassoulo) over any other player we have behind Chuks

Iwobi >> Boga
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:09pm On Apr 07, 2021
Nigeria up to Third in Africa

Just came back in to drop that Nigeria is now Third in Africa according to the latest FIFA rankings released today.

Africa's Top 5 now are:

- Senegal (22nd)
- Tunisia (26th)
- Nigeria (32nd)
- Algeria (33rd)
- Morocco (34th)

Nigeria's Super Eagles moved up 4 places from 36th to 32nd.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:10pm On Apr 07, 2021
Oh thanks my good man. Danke.

Oasis001:

grin

Wish you success at work.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by slimthugchimee2(m): 2:11pm On Apr 07, 2021
One thing for sure

Ndidi atm is better than kante

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:12pm On Apr 07, 2021
[img]https://media1./images/4ff1707fe64be930f777e68cfca667ab/tenor.gif?itemid=16142393[/img]

ChrisKels:

Hahahahahahaha shit is irritating. No matter how neat, I ain't in for that. Gush, can't even imagine it tufiakwa embarassed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10462) (10463) (10464) (10465) (10466) (10467) (10468) ... (16156) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.