Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,476 members, 7,816,122 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10466) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11654684 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10463) (10464) (10465) (10466) (10467) (10468) (10469) ... (16147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:13pm On Apr 07, 2021
See... Someone who speaks English.

Merci Beaucoup my good man.

slimthugchimee2:
One thing for sure

Ndidi atm is better than kante

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:16pm On Apr 07, 2021
You have spoken and analysed things very well My good man Chris.

More reason why I prefer discussing ball with your own Chris than with the other Chris wey too like Ivorian Boobs and Yansh. grin

**Dodges stones from Chriskels**

chrisooblog:
Chriskels and Supernerd una too like argument grin grin grin

On the Kessie/Ndidi comparison no doubt Wilfred trumps Franck in the DM aspects of the game but the truth is Kessie is more of an CM or CDM. Look at this example Chelsea has Jorginho and Kante. On paper you might call both of them DMF but in reality it's only Kante that fits that bill while Jorginho is more of a conductor controlling the game from the base of the midfield. Think of a Alonso/Busquet comparison then you will get what I'm saying.

Even though the position map showed Kessie's position as mostly DM my question would be what type of DM was he? A look at his defensive stats I suspect would be quite low compared to Ndidi so that leads me to suggest it's his passing and ability to retain possession is probably why he gets deployed in the DM role. Like Gundogan for Man City in previous seasons, Jorginho for Chelsea, Partey for Arsenal etc.

Ndidi I noticed was initially your classic DM like Makalele, Roy Keane and Kante but over the past two seasons his game has matured even further. While retaining elite attributes of a world class DM he's beginning to add qualities of a good CMF which you need to survive in today's modern game. His passing is getting to if not already elite level his creativity is fast improving reflected in the number of assists he has so far notched up this season.

So for the purpose of this debate I wouldn't say Kessie and Ndidi are in competition for one spot because their game differs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:22pm On Apr 07, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Nigeria up to Third in Africa

Just came back in to drop that Nigeria is now Third in Africa according to the latest FIFA rankings released today.

Africa's Top 5 now are:

- Senegal (22nd)
- Tunisia (26th)
- Nigeria (32nd)
- Algeria (33rd)
- Morocco (34th)

Nigeria's Super Eagles moved up 4 places from 36th to 32nd.

Impressive
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:24pm On Apr 07, 2021
Africa's Top 10 currently (World Rankings in Brackets):

1. Senegal (22)
2. Tunisia (26)
3. Nigeria (32)
4. Algeria (33)
5. Morocco (34)
6. Egypt (46)
7. Ghana (49)
8. Cameroon (55)
9. Mali (57)
10. Coted'ivoire (59)

TheSuperNerd:
Nigeria up to Third in Africa

Just came back in to drop that Nigeria is now Third in Africa according to the latest FIFA rankings released today.

Africa's Top 5 now are:

- Senegal (22nd)
- Tunisia (26th)
- Nigeria (32nd)
- Algeria (33rd)
- Morocco (34th)

Nigeria's Super Eagles moved up 4 places from 36th to 32nd.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:29pm On Apr 07, 2021
Meliforme:

Certain words should make you stammer.

TheSupernerd is just super and that you should admit.

Who does what he does.

You are far too kind, My good man. But it's never by might or power nor noise. I owe it to HIM above.

Danke Sir. cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:34pm On Apr 07, 2021
maidaboi:
Just sad
We in southern Kaduna can relate

same in Oyo state too....many farmer and resident have flee to Benin republic.... everything on God ...my condolences to people in ebonyi and southern kaduna.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 2:35pm On Apr 07, 2021
Foward Mane Osimhen Zaha Midfield Kessie Gueye Ndidi Defense Zaidu Koulibaly Baily Aurier Goalkeeper Mendy Mine combine three
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:39pm On Apr 07, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
You have spoken and analysed things very well My good man Chris.

More reason why I prefer discussing ball with your own Chris than with the other Chris wey too like Ivorian Boobs and Yansh. grin

**Dodges stones from Chriskels**

Indeed he has spoken and anlys3d things so well by still hitting on same point you have failed to accept since yesterday grin

chrisooblog:
Chriskels and Supernerd una too like argument grin grin grin

On the Kessie/Ndidi comparison no doubt Wilfred trumps Franck in the DM aspects of the game but the truth is Kessie is more of an CM or CDM.

So for the purpose of this debate I wouldn't say Kessie and Ndidi are in competition for one spot because their game differs.

From the bolded from Chris my name sake, do you still believe it is;

Ndidi against Kessie for DM

Or

Kessie against Aribo for CM

grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:41pm On Apr 07, 2021
maidaboi:
Foward
Mane
Osimhen
Zaha
Midfield
Kessie
Gueye
Ndidi
Defense
Zaidu
Koulibaly
Baily
Aurier
Goalkeeper
Mendy
Mine combine three

Guy you are really bored today grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 2:44pm On Apr 07, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

1. Senegal (22)
2. Tunisia (26)
3. Nigeria (32)
4. Algeria (33)
5. Morocco (34)
6. Egypt (46)
7. Ghana (49)
8. Cameroon (55)
9. Mali (57)
10. Coted'ivoire (59)

It shouldn't be very difficult to get to one. It would help get us a better spot in the world cup and maybe end the Argentina madness. BTW we have what it takes to match Argentina this time around. make we just qualify first.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:47pm On Apr 07, 2021
Naija-Sen-CIV Combo XI.

GK - E. Mendy (Sen)

RB- Serge Aurier (CIV)
LB- Zaidu (Naija)

CB- Koulibaly (Sen)
CB- Bailly (CIV)

CDM/CM (Double Pivot)
- Ndidi (Naija)
- Kessie/Gueye (CIV/Sen)

AM- Iwobi (abi una go include Ndidi, Gueye and Kessie? I just dey laugh).

LW - Mane (Sen)

RW - Zaha (CIV: Obviously would move him to the right because of Mane)

CF - Osimhen (Naija)

Breakdown:
Nigeria - 4

Senegal - 3 or 4

CIV- 3 or 4.

But Maidaboi ehn, you are wicked. Next time naa you go ask for Algeria-Senegal-CIV-Morocco-Naija XI. Haba! angry

maidaboi:
can you do a combine three of senegal, civ and Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:55pm On Apr 07, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
It shouldn't be very difficult to get to one. It would help get us a better spot in the world cup and maybe end the Argentina madness. BTW we have what it takes to match Argentina this time around. make we just qualify first.

Bros, I take God beg you... I no want!!! I don't care even if we have Lewandowski and Sergio Ramos or even Prime Iniesta himself. Those Argentines na bad market!!! Plus they still have Messi. I no want abeg.

No matter how good we get (and I do admit we are getting better in quality) I don't wanna get near Argentina in the group stage. They have beaten us 5 times in the group stage. 5!!!! That's every single time we were grouped with them. We always had some tactical plans and really strong level of determination to at least get a point off them but mbanu. All have failed. Abeg... I no want. Dem born us together?? angry

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:56pm On Apr 07, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

Bros, I take God beg you... I no want!!! I don't care even if we have Lewandowski and Sergio Ramos or even Prime Iniesta himself. Those Argentines na bad market!!! Plus they still have Messi. I no want abeg.

No matter how good we get (and I do admit we are getting better in quality) I don't wanna get near Argentina in the group stage. They have beaten us 5 times in the group stage. 5!!!! That's every single time we were grouped with them. We always had some tactical plans and really strong level of determination to at least get a point off them but mbanu. All have failed. Abeg... I no want. Dem born us together?? angry

I agree with you

Me self no want those people
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:59pm On Apr 07, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Naija-Sen-CIV Combo XI.

GK - E. Mendy (Sen)

RB- Serge Aurier (CIV)
LB- Zaidu (Naija)

CB- Koulibaly (Sen)
CB- Bailly (CIV)

CDM/CM (Double Pivot)
- Ndidi (Naija)
- Kessie/Gueye (CIV/Sen)

LW - Mane (Sen)

CF - Osimhen (Naija)

Breakdown:
Nigeria - 4

Senegal - 3 or 4

CIV- 3 or 4.

But Maidaboi ehn, you are wicked. Next time naa you go ask for Algeria-Senegal-CIV-Morocco-Naija XI. Haba! angry

As you do this one now who go argue with you ?

I agree with the mixed lineup
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 3:00pm On Apr 07, 2021
slimthugchimee2:
One thing for sure

Ndidi atm is better than kante

But some folks in here refer to him as a poor man's Kante.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:02pm On Apr 07, 2021
You are cherry picking again. He said indeed Kessie have played DM in as much as he is a CM and also he is right when he says both interpret their roles differently even in the DM position. He never said Kessie never played DM.
He also admits Ndidi trumps him as a DM. And that Ndidi is himself evolving into a complete Midfield marvel with his upgrade in CM qualities coming to the surface in the last two seasons including this one.

And then he crowns it by saying both can play together which is acceptable and I have also admitted. So what again you wanna hear? When it is Kessie vs Ndidi... Kessie sits. But to accommodate both, ofcos Aribo will be kicked out and Kessie comes in to play double pivot with Ndidi. Finito.

No dey Cherrypick. I love it when one tries to hit on all angles in football analyses like Good Ol' Chrisooblog did. Balance is the key. Inugo? Or I will send you to go lick Ivorian V again... grin

ChrisKels:

Indeed he has spoken and anlys3d things so well by still hitting on same point you have failed to accept since yesterday grin

From the bolded from Chris my name sake, do you still believe it is;

Ndidi against Kessie for DM

Or

Kessie against Aribo for CM

grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:03pm On Apr 07, 2021
Be like say you never know this place. Some could make a funnily strong case for Gueye-Ndidi-Kessie trident to drop Iwobi. grin

andrewbaba44:

As you do this one now who go argue with you ?

I agree with the mixed lineup

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:04pm On Apr 07, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Naija-Sen-CIV Combo XI.

GK - E. Mendy (Sen)

RB- Serge Aurier (CIV)
LB- Zaidu (Naija)

CB- Koulibaly (Sen)
CB- Bailly (CIV)

CDM/CM (Double Pivot)
- Ndidi (Naija)
- Kessie/Gueye (CIV/Sen)

LW - Mane (Sen)

CF - Osimhen (Naija)

Breakdown:
Nigeria - 4

Senegal - 3 or 4

CIV- 3 or 4.

Why not sit Kessie for Ndidi to find away to smuggle in Aribo in the CM position? wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:07pm On Apr 07, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

1. Senegal (22)
2. Tunisia (26)
3. Nigeria (32)
4. Algeria (33)
5. Morocco (34)
6. Egypt (46)
7. Ghana (49)
8. Cameroon (55)
9. Mali (57)
10. Coted'ivoire (59)

How Tunisia manages to keep up in the rankings with crap players has been rocket science to me
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:07pm On Apr 07, 2021
It's a double pivot. Kessie-Ndidi will always work better in a double pivot. Aribo is a pure CM through and through. Doesn't exactly sit beside anyone and rather gets forward much more than a Kessie would.
Besides... It's toss-up between Kessie and Gueye. Abi you see Aribo for dia?

If I send you to your ivorian woman yansh naa you go dey complain. grin

ChrisKels:

Why not sit Kessie for Ndidi to find away to smuggle in Aribo in the CM position? wink

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:08pm On Apr 07, 2021
No abundance of starmen but they are arguably the most tactically disciplined side on the African Continent probably tied in that quality with Algeria right now.

ChrisKels:

How Tunisia manages to keep up in the rankings with crap players has been rocket science to me

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 3:08pm On Apr 07, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

You are far too kind, My good man. But it's never by might or power nor noise. I owe it to HIM above.

Danke Sir. cool

You are welcome, Nerdie.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:11pm On Apr 07, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
It's a double pivot. Kessie-Ndidi will always work better in a double pivot. Aribo is a pure CM through and through. Doesn't exactly sit beside anyone and rather gets forward much more than a Kessie would.
Besides... It's toss-up between Kessie and Gueye. Abi you see Aribo for dia?

If I send you to your ivorian woman yansh naa you go dey complain. grin

But you could easily make it one pivot, with Ndidi as the defined DM benching both Kessie and Gueye, hence creating room for Aribo to occupy his favored CM? What do you think? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:11pm On Apr 07, 2021
ChrisKels:

cheesy cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:11pm On Apr 07, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
No abundance of starmen but they are arguably the most tactically disciplined side on the African Continent probably tied in that quality with Algeria right now.

I don't like their team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:12pm On Apr 07, 2021
andrewbaba44:

cheesy cheesy

Olise o gini? Hapunu m aka grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:12pm On Apr 07, 2021
I prefer this double pivot biko in a Mixed NGA-SEN-CIV combo XI.

Bia, Get off my case!!! Yansh dey wait for you in za oza room. Go now!!! grin

ChrisKels:

But you could easily make it one pivot, with Ndidi as the defined DM benching both Kessie and Gueye, hence creating room for Aribo to occupy his favored CM? What do you think? grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:13pm On Apr 07, 2021
to be fair that statement was made in 2019 before Ndidi had evolved to this current level. That said I agree his statement was very harsh because Wilfred even at that time was already besting Kante in some key indices like tackling, interceptions and recoveries.

Meliforme:

But some folks in here refer to him as a poor man's Kante.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:13pm On Apr 07, 2021
Wait oooo... Andrew. Your name na Olise too?? Wow.

Michael Olise go get proper Papa in here. grin

ChrisKels:

Olise o gini? Hapunu m aka grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:16pm On Apr 07, 2021
ChrisKels:

I don't like their team

We hardly talk about their players but at the Afcon, you see them in the Semis. Lol. Annoying North Africans. grin

Also, how can you like what you don't really know? Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:28pm On Apr 07, 2021
Sad news it seems Onyekuru lost his mom. RIP to her. Comfort to Henry and his family

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 3:30pm On Apr 07, 2021
maidaboi:
hahahahahaha
na me talk am and i did not any gbana ooo lol
anyway i can wait for my porto win chelsea today
Haha I go beat Porto like thief cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (10463) (10464) (10465) (10466) (10467) (10468) (10469) ... (16147) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Hanibal(m), maidaboi(m), elyte89, TheSuperNerd(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.