Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,191 members, 7,811,495 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:05 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10473) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11606420 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10470) (10471) (10472) (10473) (10474) (10475) (10476) ... (16124) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 5:31pm On Apr 08, 2021
forgiveness:

Was it Zaidu that tried to intersect? Make una dey open eyes watch ball ooo.

I watched the full 90 minutes. I am not blind.

Wasn't it Zaidu that slid to intersect the ball and missed, allowing Mount to execute a Cruyff turn carrying him through on goal?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 5:42pm On Apr 08, 2021
Arabiandude:

That 12large1 behave like a sadist ever since he joined this thread. I won't even be surprise if he is a 24 years old boy that started watching football in 2010. Sadly this is the internet where cats equals lions, else majority of them for they cry everyday
sadist because I analyse without sentiments. In 2010, me, honeric and semid use to go toe to toe here because of Super Eagles until we reconciled. You better respect your OG

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zoboizee: 6:00pm On Apr 08, 2021
Between our last world cup match in Russia and our last nations cup qualifier match against Lesotho, the Super Eagles have had more personnel coming in attack than any other departments of the team.

Goal-keeper
1. Akpeyi
2. Uzoho
3. Okoye(Ezenwa)

Defense
4. Balogun
5. Ekong
6. Omeruo
7. Ebuehi/Shehu
8. Awaziem
9. Aina/Zaidu(Echiejile)
10. Collins(Idowu)

Midfield
11. Ajayi(Ogu)
12. Ndidi
13. Etebo
14. Aribo(Mikel)
15. Iwobi

Forward
16. Onyekuru(Onazi)
17. Kalu(Obi)
18. Iheanacho
19. Chukwueze(Moses)
20. Musa
21. Simon
22. Onuachu(Simy)
23. Osimhen(Ighalo)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:21pm On Apr 08, 2021
Iheanacho wins Leicester city goal of the month award

13 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 6:50pm On Apr 08, 2021
charlesemeka85:
Iheanacho wins goal of the month award
i am surprise anyway congratulations
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Moniter0: 7:24pm On Apr 08, 2021
No comment.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:26pm On Apr 08, 2021
charlesemeka85:
Iheanacho wins Leicester city goal of the month award

I love this

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Alfryd: 7:32pm On Apr 08, 2021
Fam

I have a suggestion, I want y'all to review it

After Facing difficulty in capping those FB players to play for Nigeria ( CLEARANCE from FIFA)
how about we go OPERATION GET THEM YOUNG

like what MOROCCO FA are currently doing
[ here's my suggestions ]
...... LET GIVE 7 SLOT FOR TO FOREIGN BORN PLAYER IN OUR U17, U20....
By doing this we can cap some good FB player , and at least 2 or 3 of them will surely blow, Arsenal as an example, we had more FB players there, and 99% of them need clearance from FIFA, IF we need any of em in future
we can pick player from those club Randomly

By capping them young it will help in reducing this 3yrs still waiting for LOOKMAN, EJARIA clearance kinda

my opinion

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 7:35pm On Apr 08, 2021
samu, olayinka and believe all start for there respective club in europa league

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 7:39pm On Apr 08, 2021
nice lets them get clearance from us before they play for other countries too
Alfryd:
Fam

After Facing difficulty in capping those FB players to play for Nigeria ( CLEARANCE from FIFA)

By doing this we can cap some good FB player , and at least 2 or 3 of them will surely blow, Arsenal as an example, we had more FB players there, and 99% of them need clearance from FIFA, IF we need any of em in future

By capping them young it will help in reducing this 3yrs still waiting for LOOKMAN, EJARIA clearance kinda

my opinion

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Alfryd: 7:48pm On Apr 08, 2021
maidaboi:
nice lets them get clearance from us before they play for other countries too

yes bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lloydtruth: 8:06pm On Apr 08, 2021
Alfryd:
Fam

my opinion
Most times getting them to shuffle between Europe and Nigeria isn't always easy for them at such a young age.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:11pm On Apr 08, 2021
maidaboi:
samu, olayinka and believe all start for there respective club in europa league

Believe should be given a chance in the eagles
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:22pm On Apr 08, 2021
chrisooblog:
it was zaidu watch it again

Yeah! You are right.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:24pm On Apr 08, 2021
drDoom3:

I watched the full 90 minutes. I am not blind.

Wasn't it Zaidu that slid to intersect the ball and missed, allowing Mount to execute a Cruyff turn carrying him through on goal?

You are right.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:25pm On Apr 08, 2021
It seems believe is playing as a second striker in a 4-4-2 formation
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jieta: 8:35pm On Apr 08, 2021
Alfryd:
Fam

my opinion
What ever we are doing at the under 17 level is already working well for us there is no need to alter it.

This topic has been dicuss extensively by bascovanveli, Thegoodjoe and icon4 if am not mistaking.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Fabuloski(m): 9:04pm On Apr 08, 2021
Won't there be international friendly before WCQ? Or Nigeria next game can only be June?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 9:13pm On Apr 08, 2021
Umar Sadiq in Bayern Munich transfer shock as Rangers flop eyed for big money move

The Nigerian striker was a major flop in Glasgow but could be on his way to one of the world's biggest clubs.

Umar Sadiq flopped at Rangers but has been linked with a big money move to Germany

Umar Sadiq is being lined up by German giants Bayern Munich for a big-money summer move, according to a report.

The Nigerian striker was a major flop at Rangers and is best remembered in Glasgow for diving instead of tapping the ball into the net during the Betfred Cup semi-final defeat to Aberdeen in 2018.

It was the only star Sadiq made in his Rangers career with Alfredo Morelos suspended and Kyle Lafferty cup-tied during Steven Gerrard's first season at the club.

He was shipped back to Roma in the January after failing to impress, with Gerrard heavily critical of him in press conferences during the season.

He moved onto Partizan Belgrade before joining Spanish second tier side Almeria last summer.

The 24-year-old has impressed while in Spain with 17 goals in 32 games this season, and has reportedly attracted the interest of Bayern Munich.

Spanish outlet AS say the German giants are very interested in him, but Almeria aren't willing to listen to offers and will only accept his release clause.

That means Bayern would need to splash an eye-watering €60million at a minimum, up to €80m if Almeria earn promotion to the top flight.

Sadiq was a major flop at Ibrox, but has turned his career around and could end up playing alongside Robert Lewandowski if this deal happens.

Source: GlasgowLive

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.glasgowlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/umar-sadiq-bayern-munich-transfer-20340089.amp

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:16pm On Apr 08, 2021
Ppogbae:
Umar Sadiq in Bayern Munich transfer shock as Rangers flop eyed for big money move

The Nigerian striker was a major flop in Glasgow but could be on his way to one of the world's biggest clubs.

Umar Sadiq flopped at Rangers but has been linked with a big money move to Germany

Umar Sadiq is being lined up by German giants Bayern Munich for a big-money summer move, according to a report.

The Nigerian striker was a major flop at Rangers and is best remembered in Glasgow for diving instead of tapping the ball into the net during the Betfred Cup semi-final defeat to Aberdeen in 2018.

It was the only star Sadiq made in his Rangers career with Alfredo Morelos suspended and Kyle Lafferty cup-tied during Steven Gerrard's first season at the club.

He was shipped back to Roma in the January after failing to impress, with Gerrard heavily critical of him in press conferences during the season.

He moved onto Partizan Belgrade before joining Spanish second tier side Almeria last summer.

The 24-year-old has impressed while in Spain with 17 goals in 32 games this season, and has reportedly attracted the interest of Bayern Munich.

Spanish outlet AS say the German giants are very interested in him, but Almeria aren't willing to listen to offers and will only accept his release clause.

That means Bayern would need to splash an eye-watering €60million at a minimum, up to €80m if Almeria earn promotion to the top flight.

Sadiq was a major flop at Ibrox, but has turned his career around and could end up playing alongside Robert Lewandowski if this deal happens.

Why do they like to throw this word around like this na. The boy stayed at the club for half a season

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:21pm On Apr 08, 2021
Ppogbae:

I will never agree sadiq was a flop at rangers

If you don’t give a player the chance how do you want him to perform form the bench when he is not a magician ?

British football should learn the player to be called a flop

Sadiq should do a better job at Bayern than chipo Moting if this news is for real

Where is your source bro ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 9:26pm On Apr 08, 2021
Chukwueze has really lost his golden touch.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tolulopefinest(m): 9:33pm On Apr 08, 2021
andrewbaba44:

If you don’t give a player the chance how do you want him to perform form the bench when he is not a magician ?

Sadiq should do a better job at Bayern than chipo Moting if this news is for real

Chopo moting is a good player. Don't undermine Chopo moting quality just because of a player in Spanish division 2 .

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:35pm On Apr 08, 2021
Tolulopefinest:

Chopo moting is a good player. Don't undermine Chopo moting quality just because of a player in Spanish division 2 .
chopo na lovely player
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:39pm On Apr 08, 2021
andrewbaba44:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.scotsman.com/sport/football/rangers/bayern-munich-keeping-tabs-on-rangers-flop-who-could-cost-eu80m-3192723%3famp
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:41pm On Apr 08, 2021
Tolulopefinest:

Not doing that ooo

I just feel sadiq will do better because he is a young star and chipo moting is just the normal average player

Not a fan of Sadiq self
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 9:43pm On Apr 08, 2021
forgiveness:

FIFAPro World11 nominee 2019. Adjourned 4th best midfielder in the world. Same nomination in December 2020 and eventually came 6th best midfielder in the world.

ESPN best midfielder of the year 2020.

Can you please show me what nominations or award Ndidi won?
you are talking about the past I'm talking about here and now grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:43pm On Apr 08, 2021
charlesemeka85:
chopo na lovely player

Bang average
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:45pm On Apr 08, 2021
Dem wan kill am grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Alfryd: 9:46pm On Apr 08, 2021
jieta:
What ever we are doing at the under 17 level is already working well for us there is no need to alter it.

This topic has been dicuss extensively by bascovanveli, Thegoodjoe and icon4 if am not mistaking.

it not about winning U17 WC ...

it about capping player , not all this LEFTOVERS WE'RE AFTER

imagine, Dele Alli, Barkley, Musiala zirkze( Bayern guys) Eze, Tomori, Saka been Cap at our U17, or U20

And if those men you mentioned has makes post like this in the past, MAKING IT AGAIN AIN'T BAD

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:54pm On Apr 08, 2021
chrisooblog:
you are talking about the past I'm talking about here and now grin

December 2020 was just 4 months ago.

Ndidi is not yet in Kanté’s level.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:55pm On Apr 08, 2021
Arsenal is a small club no cap

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10470) (10471) (10472) (10473) (10474) (10475) (10476) ... (16124) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Astrid4(m), lordofstrings, Charly17(m), TheSuperNerd(m), gloryon(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.