Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,324 members, 7,839,549 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10535) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11804694 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10532) (10533) (10534) (10535) (10536) (10537) (10538) ... (16213) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:41pm On Apr 18, 2021
ChrisKels:

If you like choke on it. The best ever in a single Series-A season is the much maligned Simmy. Martins had nothing on him, because he(Martins) didn't come anywhere close. You an't change the records oga grin

Simmy is not yet the best ever striker in Seria a though he has scored 17 goals in all season so far.

If you like scream till thy kingdom come, na you problem be that.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 11:42pm On Apr 18, 2021
jihday:
You as a person who love to pull stat should know Martins 22 goals is because he played more games (UCL), winning a trophy is a team effort not individual how do you expect Crotone to win anything? Going by stat Simy is having a better season than Martins

I will support forgiveness on dis..a season wout trophy is meaningless even if u score all d goals for ur team

I am sure if u ask simmy to exchange all his career goals for a seria A title..he wont hesitate to do such cool

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:46pm On Apr 18, 2021
charlesemeka85:

Yak and osaze had double figures in the epl while martins achieved same feat in the colors of inter

I think that was his last season before he left for Newcastle united

Martins also scored double figures in EPL.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:47pm On Apr 18, 2021
forgiveness:

Simmy is not yet the best ever striker in Seria a though he has scored 17 goals in all seasons so far.

If you like scream till thy kingdom come, na you problem be that.

Cry me a river, Obafemi Martins never scored up to 15 Serie-A goals in a season grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:48pm On Apr 18, 2021
Alhassan Ibrahim Abdullahi (AKA Muazzam) was in fine form today in the middle for his side CD Nacional that fell 1-0 at home to Zaidu's Porto.

He plays CM and DM for his side. He played CDM today in a double pivot.

He made the Prestigious Portuguese GoalPoint's Highest Stats leader for MatchDay 27 in the Liga NOS.

He led in the Interceptions stats with 6. No one for this match day week (April 16-18) in Portugal had more.

Note: Belongs to the Nigerian U-17 Class of 2013 from the qualifiers period that began in 2012.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nairalandankrah: 11:53pm On Apr 18, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Alhassan Ibrahim Abdullahi (AKA Muazzam) was in fine form today in the middle for his side CD Nacional that fell 1-0 at home to Zaidu's Porto.

He plays CM and DM for his side. He played CDM today in a double pivot.

He made the Prestigious Portuguese GoalPoint's Highest Stats leader for MatchDay 27 in the Liga NOS.

He led in the Interceptions stats with 6. No one for this match day week (April 16-18) in Portugal had more.

Note: Belongs to the Nigerian U-17 Class of 2013 from the qualifiers period that began in 2012.

I remember him..many garba boy.

What is this European super league am hearing about??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:05am On Apr 19, 2021
andrewbaba44:

How many naija players have even scoring double figures in the epl seria A and co till recently ?

Jonathan Akpoborie and Anthony Uhah scored double figures in Bundesliga.

Efan Ekoku in EPL.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:14am On Apr 19, 2021
European Super League = "More Money" league AKA The Football Billionaires League.

German Clubs including Bayern declined. French Clubs including PSG declined too.

So it's just England (The Big Six), Italy (AC Milan, Juventus and Inter Milan), and Spain (The Big 3) that will form the founding members of the ESL.

FIFA and UEFA has already threatened bans from their own competitions for whichever player participates. Meaning no World cup for Messi and CR7?? But we watch... Time will tell. wink

And yes... Muazzam played under Manu Garba. Beautiful versatile player. Lanky as Kanu as well.

nairalandankrah:

I remember him..many garba boy.

What is this European super league am hearing about??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 12:17am On Apr 19, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
European Super League = "More Money" league AKA The Football Billionaires League.

German Clubs including Bayern declined. French Clubs including PSG declined too.

So it's just England (The Big Six), Italy (AC Milan, Juventus and Inter Milan), and Spain (The Big 3) that will form the founding members of the ESL.

FIFA and UEFA has already threatened bans from their own competitions for whichever player participates. Meaning no World cup for Messi and CR7?? But we watch... Time will tell. wink

And yes... Muazzam played under Manu Garba. Beautiful versatile player. Lanky as Kanu as well.

Bayern have agreed tho, Leipzig would also be included
Porto also a possibility as at now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:20am On Apr 19, 2021
For now it is just 12. No Bayern yet. No Porto. No Lanterns. No Krytonian. wink

Neobulletzz:

Bayern have agreed tho, Leipzig would also be included
Porto also a possibility as at now

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 12:22am On Apr 19, 2021
It's getting interesting

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:27am On Apr 19, 2021
Still on the ESL

According to reports...

Every club that joins the European Super League will receive over $425M just for accepting the invitation.

This is Crazy!!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 12:28am On Apr 19, 2021
Danielnino00:
I just checked the stat of our other wingers..
Apparently, only Ejuke has a better crossing success rate than Osimhen... Chukwueze comes close with 21% grin I just checked the stat of our other wingers..
Apparently, only Ejuke has a better crossing success rate than Osimhen... Chukwueze comes close with 21% grin
grin grin

Seems this season, Simy got the Serie A.

Osimhen though should be more central. Although when called on, left wing shouldn't be a problem. Most Epl teams do it. Vardy racing down the wing and Seniorman almost made his assist effort waste, but God save Seniorman there.

He however did a Lingard when Celebrating. Go meet Vardy na. You run go meet flag. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:33am On Apr 19, 2021
Samu got MOTM (Most Stylish player award/MVP) by the way. Way to go Naija Robben+ cool

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:38am On Apr 19, 2021
And oh lest I forget... Even the Renowned @OptaJoe (King of the Opta stats) don join the "Seniorman" train cool

Also, Southampton had not conceeded a single goal in this season's FA Cup until they met Kelechi and Leicester.

#TopWeekend.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:47am On Apr 19, 2021
Noahubspot:
Modern-day football is far from how football was played in the 90s and early 2000s. For those singing Simy and Onauchu's praises, I hope say una deh watch football.

Modern-day football is all about PACE, and AGILITY.

Let's shun this myopic behavior of ours, and call a spade a spade, at least for once.

Any ardent football fan will agree to the fact that Simy and Onauchu are light years behind, in terms of modern-day football. These guys are too slow for crying out loud.

Like I said in my previous post;

The top 4 Super Eagles strikers are;

V. Osimhen
K. Nacho
T. Moffi
U. Sadiq

Here's my reason.

V. Osimhen: This guy possesses everything you'd want from a CF. Apart from his SPEED, which I believe is a crucial facet of every successful striker, Osimhen can creates lots and lots of chances for his teammates to bang the goals.

Mind you, he's not a skillful striker, but his PACE, oh my good God...

K. Nacho: Nacho lacks PACE! Yes, I talk am. The boy isn't pacy, but...he's got a tremendous skill set to substitute for that. In his day, he can make scoring fun-filled, I swear. In fact, ask Man Utd fans, I believe they'll have one or more contributions to make.

T. Moffi: He's not a household name, to start with. In short, he's one of those new kids in the block. But hey! This guy got PACE and STRENGTH, coupled with SWEET LEFT-FOOT. Seeing Moffi balling reminds me of one Belgian bulldog, the great Lukaku. Although he's not very tall like the Belgian number 9. But his SHOT on-target is powerful enough to either ends a keeper's career, or shift the goal post.

U. Sadiq: He's the tallest of the 4. But guess what? He's got loads of PACE and SKILLS. Sadiq is a joy to watch.

Simy and Onauchu? I like these 2 guys, but I wouldn't love to have them near the GWG.

My reason(s)?

Simy and Onauchu are damn slow! Forget about the goals. But I can tell for a fact that these 2 guys can not penetrate some very AVERAGE defenders of this world.

Neither Simy nor Onauchu has what it takes to play modern-day football. They lack PACE!

Quote me anywhere...

Ok, this seria A season was ancient football. grin

My man, just agree it is your personal opinion. grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 1:15am On Apr 19, 2021
Moniter0:
Ppogbae

Chukwueze 1st goal vs Levante....

https://streamja.com/P39W5

Chukwueze 2nd goal vs Levante...

https://streamable.com/k4yk1f

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by owbabs: 3:23am On Apr 19, 2021
Ppogbae:

Chukwueze 1st goal vs Levante....

https://streamja.com/P39W5

Chukwueze 2nd goal vs Levante...

https://streamable.com/k4yk1f

nice goals
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:41am On Apr 19, 2021
elyte89:

I will support forgiveness on dis..a season wout trophy is meaningless even if u score all d goals for ur team

I am sure if u ask simmy to exchange all his career goals for a seria A title..he wont hesitate to do such cool
The reality is that he plays for Crotone, do you expect them to win the Serie A? If Simmy wants to win the league with Crotone he's just daydreaming his biggest and most realistic wish is that they escape relegation. On the face of it he's having a better season than obafemi had.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 7:30am On Apr 19, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
For now it is just 12. No Bayern yet. No Porto. No Lanterns. No Krytonian. wink

Yea I know but I saw a report that Bayern have agreed already yesterday night also Leipzig and that Porto might be a surprise inclusion too
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:35am On Apr 19, 2021
Yes. I saw the reports too but for now it's still 12 until otherwise reported with respect to the official founding members list.

And honestly, I won't be surprised to see a couple more big clubs join in based on those reports because that amount for joining alone is Mega Crazy. My goodness!!

Neobulletzz:

Yea I know but I saw a report that Bayern have agreed already yesterday night also Leipzig and that Porto might be a surprise inclusion too

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:38am On Apr 19, 2021
jihday:
The reality is that he plays for Crotone, do you expect them to win the Serie A? If Simmy wants to win the league with Crotone he's just daydreaming his biggest and most realistic wish is that they escape relegation. On the face of it he's having a better season than obafemi had.

22 goals in all competitions is not a better season, right?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:46am On Apr 19, 2021
I don't know how to feel about this Super league

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 7:52am On Apr 19, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Still on the ESL

According to reports...

Every club that joins the European Super League will receive over $425M just for accepting the invitation.

This is Crazy!!!!
Isn’t the money more than this?

I saw 3 billion euros for you joining
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 7:53am On Apr 19, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Yes. I saw the reports too but for now it's still 12 until otherwise reported with respect to the official founding members list.

And honestly, I won't be surprised to see a couple more big clubs join in based on those reports because that amount for joining alone is Mega Crazy. My goodness!!

Aswear with the whole Covid implications to club
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:54am On Apr 19, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Without much ado.... What a weekend yet again. Fires all over... Naija football players rocking the show in Europe and lighting up various stages in the arenas of the beautiful game.
We're getting somewhere... Keep watching. Keep believing. cool #TheNewGoldenGeneration

Nigerian players who shone across Europe this weekend: April 16-18

1. Jamilu Collins Cleansheet (SC Paderborn 07): Played 90mins+

Eintracht Braunshweig 0-0 SC Paderborn 07 (Bundesliga 2)

Made 6 Interceptions, 1 tackle, 1 Clearance.

8 clean sheets in 19 league games (18 starts).

2. Chidozie Awaziem Cleansheet + 3pts (Boavista SC): Played and Captained his side for 79mins and got subbed off due to a knock.

Boavista SC 2-0 Pacos de Ferreira (Portuguese Primeira Liga NOS)

Had a decently solid game. Made 4 clearances, 2 Interceptions, 1 blocked shot, 1 tackle and had a passing accuracy of 81.3%.

1 assist, 8 clean sheets in 22 games (22 starts)

3. Bryan Idowu Goal (FK Khimki): Played 90mins+

Ahkmat Grozny 3-1 FK Khimki (Russian Premier League)

Apart from his goal he created three chances (i.e. made 3 key passes); made 3 Clearances, 1 Interception and 3 tackles. Also delivered 3/4 accurate Long balls.

3 goals + 8 clean sheets in 24 league games (24 starts).

4. Kelechi Nwakali Goal (AD Alcorcón): Played 88mins.

CD Lugo 1-3 AD Alcorcón (La Liga Smartbank)
*Scored from the penalty spot

3 goals in 12 league games (12 starts).

5. Akinkunmi Amoo Goal (Hammarby IF): Played 77mins.

Hammarby IF 2-0 Mjallby AIF (Swedish Allsvenskan)

1 goal in 2 games (2 starts). It's a new Swedish football season (2021).

4 goals in 6 Svenska Cup games (6 starts)

*Overall career stats for Hammarby since his debut reads 5 goals in 14 games as a left-footed RW. Watch out for much more from this Nigerian wonderkid

6. Simy Nwankwo Goal (Crotone): Played 90mins+

Crotone 1-2 Udinese (Serie A)

17 goals + 1 assist in 31 league games (24 starts).

*Now holds the joint-record with Yakubu Aiyegbeni for most goals (17) scored by a Nigerian player in a Top 5 league in the 21st century. One more goal and Simy stands alone as the record holder. He's already Nigeria's highest ever scorer in Serie A.

7. Terem Moffi Brace (FC Lorient): Played 83mins. Subbed out with a knock.

Olympique Marseille 3-2 FC Lorient (Ligue 1)

11 goals + 2 assists in 27 league games (21 starts)

12 goals + 2 assists in all comps in 28 games (21 starts)

*Becomes 8th U-21 player across Europe in the Top 5 leagues to hit double figure in goals for 20/21. Set for a Big move soon. Another Young Super Striker for Nigeria.

8. Matthew Yakubu Saves, Cleansheet +3pts (SKF Sered): Played 90mins+

SKF Sered 2-0 MFK Zemplin Michalovce (Slovak Fortuna Super Liga)

- 26 games played
- 36 goals conceeded
- 9 clean sheets
- 9 wins
- 10 losses
- 7 draws

9. Ebere Paul Onuachu Brace (KRC Genk): Played 67mins.

Royal Antwerp FC 3-2 KRC Genk (Belgian Jupiler League Pro)

29 goals + 2 assists in 33 league games (31 starts)

31 goals + 2 assists in all comps in 35 games (33 starts).

**6 goals for club and country in 5 consecutive games (Vs Benin, Vs Lesotho, Vs OH Leuven, Vs Sint Truiden - Derby, Vs Royal Antwerp)

**33 goals + 2 assists for club and country so far in 20/21

10. Tosin Aiyegun Goal (FC Zurich): Played 90mins+

FC Sion 2-2 FC Zurich (Swiss Super League)

4 goals in 20 league games (18 starts)

11. Yunusa Owolabi Muritala Goal (FK Metta): Played 90mins+

FK Metta 3-3 Rigas FS (Latvian Virsliga)

5 goals in 5 league games (5 starts).

12. Josh Maja Goal (Fulham FC): Played 77mins.

Arsenal FC 1-1 Fulham FC (EPL)

3 goals in 11 EPL games (8 starts)

2 goals in 17 Ligue1 games (11 starts).

5 goals in 28 league games (19 Starts) in 20/21

13. Effiong Hogan Ukpa (FK Liepaja): Played 90mins+

FK Ventspils 0-1 FK Liepaja (Latvian Virsliga)

1 goal in 2 league games.

14. Ike Ugbo Goal (Cercle Brugge): Played 78mins

KV Oostende 1-1 Cercle Brugge (Belgian Jupiler League Pro)

16 goals in 32 league games (all starts)

17 goals in 34 games (31 starts) in all comps.

15. Kelechi Iheanacho Goal - Match Winner (Leicester City): Played 90mins+

Leicester City 1-0 Southampton (English FA Cup Semifinal)
Bagged the Winning Goal following very wonderful work from Vardy down the left wing. Nacho also created three chances (bagged 3 key passes)

4 goals + 1 assist in 5 FA cup games (2 starts)

**In all competitions, 15 goals + 4 assists in 31 games (18 starts).

**16 goals + 5 assists for club and country so far in 20/21.

16. Samuel Chukwueze Brace (Villarreal CF): Played 80mins.

Levante 1-5 Villarreal CF (La Liga)

3 goals + 3 assists in 25 league games (10 starts)

1 goal + 3 assists in 9 UEL games (8 starts).

1 assist in Copa Del Rey in 1 game (1 start)

4 goals + 7 assists in all comps (19 starts from 35 games).

**5 goals + 8 assists for Club and Country so far in 20/21.

17. Zaidu Sanusi Clean Sheet +3pts (FC Porto): Played 80mins

Tondela 0-2 FC Porto (Portuguese Primeira LIGA NOS)

*Although he caused a penalty today, Marchesin bailed him out.
*Aside the penalty he caused he contributed 5 tackles, 1 Interception and 1 Clearance. He also won 6/10 of his duels.

1 goal, 1 assist, 7 clean sheets in 23 league games (18 starts)

Nice one boss grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:55am On Apr 19, 2021
12large1:

Yap, that's exact how it should be done. So when people are suggesting that inform players should be selected we aren't trying to be biased it's just how it's done elsewhere. Just because you're invited to compete for a shirt doesn't mean that you deserve to be a starter

Exactly! “It’s just how it’s done elsewhere”
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:57am On Apr 19, 2021
Neobulletzz:

Isn’t the money more than this?

I saw 3 billion euros for you joining

3.5 billion Euros, yes. I understand that's the total package (perhaps including Invite acceptance). We never even talk winners' amount or amount for finishing second.

3.5 B Euros is about 3 billion pounds.

Omo see money.

And I read there are plans to roll out the women's version as well.

3.5 billiioooooon.... Kaaaiii.... Mr Bulletzz, you go blame your club? grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:59am On Apr 19, 2021
Subzero047:
I don't know how to feel about this Super league

Aswear boss grin grin ;
But anyway it goes it should sha favor Chelsea cos we need money to sign haaland,Sancho and Bellingham next season cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:59am On Apr 19, 2021
12large1:

I look like person wey send anybody papa if dem call me names?? OG like me for here. When we start eagles matter for this place, most of these new kids still dey chop agidi. Go and ask semid and honeric

Hehehe! You never jam. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:02am On Apr 19, 2021
smartsmith0907:

Nice one boss grin grin

Thank you My Number 1 "Aproko" Camp reporter of the Super Eagles. grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:12am On Apr 19, 2021
smartsmith0907:

Aswear boss grin grin ;
But anyway it goes it should sha favor Chelsea cos we need money to sign haaland,Sancho and Bellingham next season cheesy

I hate it now but it seems like something I'm going to like grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (10532) (10533) (10534) (10535) (10536) (10537) (10538) ... (16213) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elunico, Truidstarr, Suzzytee05(f), a4turitoroman, Marjoribanks, yemyke001(m), Danielnino00(m), solonnachi, Tinneh and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.