Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10662) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11643390 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10659) (10660) (10661) (10662) (10663) (10664) (10665) ... (16144) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:25pm On May 13, 2021
12large1:

That was a site to behold on a grand scheme of things, he should be aiming to score that goal because he is a striker signed to score. (It was a kind and unselfish move sha)

That would have been rude na grin to me he is setting a standard of selflessness. After a while they will all have his mindset of going for the win instead of personal glory.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 5:25pm On May 13, 2021
Should Iwobi leave Everton? He is becoming a permanent fixture on the bench. Even with James injured, Alex still couldn't make the team. I hope he bounces back strong for next season. Could a side like Aston Villa, Brighton, Southampton or Palace suit him better?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zoboizee: 5:46pm On May 13, 2021
AndSunGorilla:
Should Iwobi leave Everton? He is becoming a permanent fixture on the bench. Even with James injured, Alex still couldn't make the team. I hope he bounces back strong for next season. Could a side like Aston Villa, Brighton, Southampton or Palace suit him better?

Too sad for him. But to be candid, Iwobi needs to have a good graps of positional discipline. If you are a winger, play as a winger. But the moment you start to occupy the space of the central attacking midfielder, then you are creating an imbalance in tactical formation. Sometimes you'll be wondering whether he's playing as a 10 or as a 7.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 6:18pm On May 13, 2021
Samuel Adegbenro SCORES
now this what we have been asking him to do nice one

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 6:46pm On May 13, 2021
Noahubspot:
Since Onauchu is that GOOD. Why isn't TOP European Clubs going after HIM?

W. Ndidi
V. Osimhen

These guys all played for clubs in Belgium and sooner found their footings in TOP European clubs where they're now doing VERY well.

So, until Onauchu finds himself a TOP European club, then all these goals flying around are just loads of Bullsh!t.
Just that u r wrong
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 7:11pm On May 13, 2021
maidaboi:
Samuel Adegbenro SCORES
now this what we have been asking him to do nice one
I had high hopes for this guy. He should be playing in a top 5 league now.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 7:17pm On May 13, 2021
AndSunGorilla:

He has to work on his weakness. First of all, he must find his best position and learn/keep practicing the main duties of that position. If you're a winger, learn how to create chances, crosses, leaving for a new club will not do anything. Soon as our players Is found wanting, people will advocate for a change in clubs instead of working on their weaknesses as if changing a club and not working on your weakness will change anything. Iwobi must find his best position 1st
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 7:23pm On May 13, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

That would have been rude na grin to me he is setting a standard of selflessness. After a while they will all have his mindset of going for the win instead of personal glory.

Rude ke? You're clear on goal as a top striker you should be shooting. But they scored that goal so I guess osimehn made the right decision. BTW, can make a complication for Paul Onuachu let's see the calibre of goals that he scored all season

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 7:30pm On May 13, 2021
AndSunGorilla:

When I was harping about Iwobi's inefficiency I was ganged up on and insulted wildly here. Here , yet again, Iwobi seems like he is becoming surplus to requirements at his current club. The boy brings absolutely nothing to the table. He cant shoot , he cant hold up play and create ,yet he wants to be #10 so badly.

With Rohr he is sure to man the midfield and keep killing our traditional style of play. Just because he has had the opportunities to score some goals with super eagles cant distract me from talking about his ineffectiveness in the super eagles midfield set up. He has not brought any sort of creativity nor presence....just give me , I give you. We need Nwakali and if Iwobi continue to sit on the bench then stop inviting him.

The day we get a proper midfield operator like Nwakali , the little Amoo who plays in Sweden and his teammate, who plays Ndidi position is the day the full potentials of this current super eagles will come to light.

The players who are killing our current super eagles are Ndidi , Iwobi , Ekong, Aina Moses Simon and Aribo! As for Aribo , una eyes go soon open...dont say I didn't warn you. Aribo is a flash in the pan with super eagles una give am our legendary number 10 because he is English.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 7:32pm On May 13, 2021
zoboizee:

Too sad for him. But to be candid, Iwobi needs to have a good graps of positional discipline. If you are a winger, play as a winger. But the moment you start to occupy the space of the central attacking midfielder, then you are creating an imbalance in tactical formation. Sometimes you'll be wondering whether he's playing as a 10 or as a 7.

This your weakness is actually a strength to me. There is what is called a false winger and also false 10. Players like this roam from the wings to the central midfield and this makes them difficult to mark. Positional flexibility is actually a strength under the guardiola school of thought. We see football in different ways. Maybe he is misunderstood.
It's just my opinion. Being rigid with your position in attack has limitations. A player can play 2 or more position s in a match in order to confuse and mesmirize the opponents
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 7:35pm On May 13, 2021
It's unfortunate Anceloti decides to play Alex out of position cuz he feels he has better players in his position.
He might look for a loan to a club that wll play him in his natural position
On the other hand, Alex needs to learn to 'fight' for his position by stamping his authority whenever he's given the chance to play his position

AndSunGorilla:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 7:36pm On May 13, 2021
12large1:

He has to work on his weakness. First of all, he must find his best position and learn/keep practicing the main duties of that position. If you're a winger, learn how to create chances, crosses, leaving for a new club will not do anything. Soon as our players Is found wanting, people will advocate for a change in clubs instead of working on their weaknesses as if changing a club and not working on your weakness will change anything. Iwobi must find his best position 1st

Iwobi is a stunt man; once in while you get some moments of brilliance.

Iwobi cant play on the wing because he cant cross a ball to save his life.
He can't play in the middle because he cant create play like a proper midfield should.
He cant play as striker because he cant score , in fact he shouldn't be anywhere near the 18yrd box.
Iwobi doesnt even have the lungs of a soccer player.

Championship is whats left for him.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 7:38pm On May 13, 2021
Philosopher1979:

This your weakness is actually a strength to me. There is what is called a false winger and also false 10. Players like this roam from the wings to the central midfield and this makes them difficult to mark. Positional flexibility is actually a strength under the guardiola school of thought. We see football in different ways. Maybe he is misunderstood.
It's just my opinion. Being rigid with your position in attack has limitations. A player can play 2 or more position s in a match in order to confuse and mesmirize the opponents

You play exceptional players in that roaming set up not a player like Iwobi that burns out so quickly.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 7:39pm On May 13, 2021
oloriooko:
It's unfortunate Anceloti decides to play Alex out of position cuz he feels he has better players in his position.
He might look for a loan to a club that wll play him in his natural position
On the other hand, Alex needs to learn to 'fight' for his position by stamping his authority whenever he's given the chance to play his position

What's Iwobi's natural position ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 7:40pm On May 13, 2021
AMF

Omanambala:

What's Iwobi's natural position ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 7:47pm On May 13, 2021
oloriooko:
AMF

You are kidding, right ? When has Iwobi ever excelled as AMF. There is a difference between been a skillful player and a creative player. A defender or striker can be skillful but may not be creative which is a major requirement of a midfielder because you are the link between defence and attack.

A midfielder must be strong , creative and hardworking and Iwobi is none of these things. On the other hand Nwakali may not be the strongest player but his creativity and tailor made passes are almost unmatched when he is in form.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:58pm On May 13, 2021
Omanambala:

You are kidding, right ? When has Iwobi ever excelled as AMF. There is a difference between been a skillful player and a creative player. A defender or striker can be skillful but may not be creative which is a major requirement of a midfielder because you are the link between defence and attack.

A midfielder must be strong , creative and hardworking and Iwobi is none of these things. On the other hand Nwakali may not be the strongest player but his creativity and tailor made passes are almost unmatched when he is in form.

How many career assists does Nwakali have?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 8:09pm On May 13, 2021
Subzero047:

How many career assists does Nwakali have?

First of all , you can't just pick one aspect of the game , compare the players and done with it. If you were reading me right then you would know I was talking about position and effectiveness. Who doesn't know Nwakali is a natural midfield operator. He has proven this and still proving it at his current club.

Creative play is not about assist but making the team better with purpose and clearity by playing the right passes, holding ball when the need arises.

We dont need a midfield that can assist goals ,but one who commands and dictate the direction of the team to make them play better and win. Iwobi is not a player with vision and Nwakali has it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 8:15pm On May 13, 2021
did u read my response to your post?

Omanambala:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 8:18pm On May 13, 2021
oloriooko:
did u read my response to your post?

Yes, and that drew me to explain Iwobi's adventure with AMF position. So ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 8:24pm On May 13, 2021
Both Nwakali are iwobi are bang average ...what has Nwakali done in his career ? Nothing , neither iwobi or nwakali is the solutions to super eagle AMF problem
Omanambala:

First of all , you can't just pick one aspect of the game , compare the players and done with it. If you were reading me right then you would know I was talking about position and effectiveness. Who doesn't know Nwakali is a natural midfield operator. He has proven this and still proving it at his current club.

Creative play is not about assist but making the team better with purpose and clearity by playing the right passes, holding ball when the need arises.

We dont need a midfield that can assist goals ,but one who commands and dictate the direction of the team to make them play better and win. Iwobi is not a player with vision and Nwakali has it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:34pm On May 13, 2021
Una get time sha.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:37pm On May 13, 2021
Omanambala:

Just say you don't know what creativity is
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:38pm On May 13, 2021
Erling Haarland is an animal, the perfect combination of speed and strength

https://twitter.com/ESPNFC/status/1392923813864738817?s=19

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 8:42pm On May 13, 2021
isan:
Both Nwakali are iwobi are bang average ...what has Nwakali done in his career ? Nothing , neither iwobi or nwakali is the solutions to super eagle AMF problem

Sir, please, I don't want to appear offensive but we Africans have to do better when we make arguments.

Nwakali is not average and I will explain. The boy won MVP at the U17 and with his amazing football gifts all he could get as an African was a loan deal from Arsenal who signed him. In his first season with a club in Holland he was terrific and later he was loaned out to another club where he met misfortune and suffered almost a season with a club football. So , when people make statements like the one you made let's tell the whole story.

As for Iwobi, being English puts him ahead of Nwakali whether the later is more talented or not. Iwobi was promoted to Arsenal first team from the academy....may I remind you Nwakali never got anything close to that. Iwobi kept fumbling but nonetheless he still got a club to field him.....thats the privilege African players never enjoy. With all your talent you will always be a second option or third.

If it wasn't for the injuries that Brendan Rogers favourite boys suffered he would not might to keep Iheanacho on the bench and frustrate him out.

Again , we Africans have to do better because we have brains. So, lets argue like smart people. Lets stop being unnecessarily emotional and narrow minded.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:44pm On May 13, 2021
Look at Klopp 's face grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:46pm On May 13, 2021
Nobody should compare Osimhen to Haarland again there is a gulf between the two
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 8:47pm On May 13, 2021
Subzero047:

Just say you don't know what creativity is

Aren't you the same guy that mocked and ridiculed Iheanacho because he was being benched ?

So , what is creativity in your own words as regards football ??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:51pm On May 13, 2021
Omanambala:

Aren't you the same guy that mocked and ridiculed Iheanacho because he was being benched ?

So , what is creativity in your own words as regards football ??

What has Iheanacho to do with this? Go look creativity in your dictionary
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 8:54pm On May 13, 2021
Omanambala:

Sir, please, I don't want to appear offensive but we Africans have to do better when we make arguments.

Nwakali is not average and I will explain. The boy won MVP at the U17 and with his amazing football gifts all he could get as an African was a loan deal from Arsenal who signed him. In his first season with a club in Holland he was terrific and later he was loaned out to another club where he met misfortune and suffered almost a season with a club football. So , when people make statements like the one you made let's tell the whole story.

As for Iwobi, being English puts him ahead of Nwakali whether the later is more talented or not. Iwobi was promoted to Arsenal first team from the academy....may I remind you Nwakali never got anything close to that. Iwobi kept fumbling but nonetheless he still got a club to field him.....thats the privilege African players never enjoy. With all your talent you will always be a second option or third.

If it wasn't for the injuries that Brendan Rogers favourite boys suffered he would not might to keep Iheanacho on the bench and frustrate him out.

Again , we Africans have to do better because we have brains. So, lets argue like smart people. Lets stop being unnecessarily emotional and narrow minded.

U are right African players face discrimination in Europe. They are not given a fair chance and are often misunderstood.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 8:58pm On May 13, 2021
Subzero047:

What has Iheanacho to do with this? Go look creativity in your dictionary

Iheanacho came into it because I want to learn a pattern with your arguments. Because you seem to go off topic and start discussing irrelevant stuff. With Iheanacho you mocked him instead of trying to learn whe he was being benched... you went overboard and made fun of his looks. And now you want to explain creativity to me as if there arent like hundred definition of creativity. Whats is your problem , sir ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 8:58pm On May 13, 2021
Omanambala:

When I was harping about Iwobi's inefficiency I was ganged up on and insulted wildly here. Here , yet again, Iwobi seems like he is becoming surplus to requirements at his current club. The boy brings absolutely nothing to the table. He cant shoot , he cant hold up play and create ,yet he wants to be #10 so badly.

With Rohr he is sure to man the midfield and keep killing our traditional style of play. Just because he has had the opportunities to score some goals with super eagles cant distract me from talking about his ineffectiveness in the super eagles midfield set up. He has not brought any sort of creativity nor presence....just give me , I give you. We need Nwakali and if Iwobi continue to sit on the bench then stop inviting him.

The day we get a proper midfield operator like Nwakali , the little Amoo who plays in Sweden and his teammate, who plays Ndidi position is the day the full potentials of this current super eagles will come to light.

The players who are killing our current super eagles are Ndidi , Iwobi , Ekong, Aina Moses Simon and Aribo! As for Aribo , una eyes go soon open...dont say I didn't warn you. Aribo is a flash in the pan with super eagles una give am our legendary number 10 because he is English.
So u r saying,
that if we get rid of these players,
we can now win AFCON and possibly reach world semis,or even win it,right?

(1) (2) (3) ... (10659) (10660) (10661) (10662) (10663) (10664) (10665) ... (16144) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: TheSuperNerd(m), Princezibk, Zellas and 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.